• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhino4evr

ACE 1991 said:
Just watched the G4 video review. The Sess stated that Uncharted 2 was "the best single player game he's ever played." Wow.

he also said it was in the same class as FF7, GTA3, and Half Life..a cornerstoen in gaming..

droolllllll

LaneDS

Cerberus said:
Actually, IGN's review mentioned it first or at least hinted towards something like it.

Ah, I'm a plebe and only watched the IGN Video Review, versus doing that whole "reading" thing I hear is popular these days.

Either way, I'm glad.

deepbrown

micromagic said:
Currently at no.6 on the all time highest scores list on metacritic. There's a few 100% reviews come in since the last update so it might climb. There's a few 90's bringing it down :lol
True it is very hard to get the high 9.X's - simply because many website's can only choose between 9 and 10. So a game basically has to be perfect for everyone (like GTA4...APPARENTLY)

Kittonwy

Banned
Internet Celebrity said:
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3176267&p=37&sec=REVIEWS

1UP: A+

Yeah, um, I think my head is about to implode.

Holy smokez.
angry.gif

I'm not trying to troll or anything but I'll be shocked if this game does more than 250K first month for NPD. I really hope it does +1million but I doubt these spectacular reviews will be reflected in sales

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I loved it when people thought the single player campaign was gonna be compromised because they added multiplayer. I think they ran out of crow to serve today

reKon

Banned
I really hope that those who have fanboy tendencies to hold them off for this game. It's evident that if you're a REAL gamer, you can't miss this game. Enough said.

iratA

gamerecks said:
Sony better promote the shit out of this thing.

Yup, looks like this may end up being Ps3's highest rated exclusive yet and it sounds very much like it deserves it.

Meus Renaissance said:
I'm not trying to troll or anything but I'll be shocked if this game does more than 250K first month for NPD. I really hope it does +1million but I doubt these spectacular reviews will be reflected in sales

I doubt it will sell like a 360 or multiplatform game, but being a much improved sequel to a liked game and releasing in the wake of a new, cheaper system should do something for it. Then again, I don't particularly care, as long as these games sell enough to keep the studios operational and well funded.

Razor554

iamcool388 said:
I dont wanna start a shitstorm, but did anyone notice the mention of a
supernatural
element?

I thought ND said there wouldnt be
anything of that sort
in this game?

There will be
giant undead yetis shooting laser from eyes, seriously

iamcool388 said:
supernatural
element?

anything of that sort
in this game?

I bet it is the chintimani stone.... it wont be like the last... at least I dont think.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Wario64 said:
I loved it when people thought the single player campaign was gonna be compromised because they added multiplayer. I think they ran out of crow to serve today
In this recession, even crow is scarce.
The ND office is probably popping some bottles right now though; well done ladies and gentlemen.

Meus Renaissance said:

rolleyes7cm.gif

rhino4evr

iamcool388 said:
supernatural
element?

anything of that sort
in this game?

yeah, I read that, and I wished I hadn't. Oh well.

Still I liked that about Uncharted 1
if you think about it, all the Indy movies had some sort of supernatural theme in it..it just fits this kind of story. In fact I would be disapoiinted if it didnt have something "magical" included

LaneDS

Meus Renaissance said:

Yeah, sadly, as great as this game is, Sony is going to have to really work to get the sales numbers up I'm thinking.

Makes me sad that for the past few nights I see about 900-1,100 people playing the multiplayer demo. Gamestop exclusive or not, that seems wrong to me. Here's hoping the demo being available to all really gets the word out.

The game deserves all the sales it can get. I say that having of course not even touched the single player yet, which is sure to be incredible.

This is being released in the worst possible time for me. I need to average above 70 points in all my classes, I have to go to work, FIFA 10, Batman: AA, Halo ODST and Modern Warfare 2 all within a month.

I have no choice but to pick this game up in the 2nd half shelves, along with Assassins Creed 2, Ratchet and Splinter Cell sometime mid-next year when they're cheap and I have some free time.

LaneDS said:
Yeah, sadly, as great as this game is, Sony is going to have to really work to get the sales numbers up I'm thinking.

Makes me sad that for the past few nights I see about 900-1,100 people playing the multiplayer demo. Gamestop exclusive or not, that seems wrong to me. Here's hoping the demo being available to all really gets the word out.

The game deserves all the sales it can get. I say that having of course not even touched the single player yet, which is sure to be incredible.

Same for Ratchet. Tools of Destruction was the funniest game I've ever played

Kittonwy

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
You can further help the game by staying away from the thread.

How about I simply put you on ignore from now on so I don't have to put up with any more of your insightful comments? That way you can still whine and bitch about me posting and I don't have to read any of it. It's a win-win.
Indifferent2.gif

LaneDS

TheExecutive said:
I bet it is the chintimani stone.... it wont be like the last... at least I dont think.

All that "what would a man become if he possessed the entire stone" stuff suggests we'll get to see the effects of the stone (or something similar) on at least one character. Probably not something that obvious though.

I was never bothered by the
supernatural stuff, except how it effected gameplay.
What would an Indiana Jones type adventure be without it?
The super natural element just shouldn't result in flood-like enemies, that do nothing but take a b-line towards the player and attack.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Meus Renaissance said:
This is being released in the worst possible time for me. I need to average above 70 points in all my classes, I have to go to work, FIFA 10, Batman: AA, Halo ODST and Modern Warfare 2 all within a month.

I have no choice but to pick this game up in the 2nd half shelves, along with Assassins Creed 2, Ratchet and Splinter Cell sometime mid-next year when they're cheap and I have some free time.

All those games mean nothing next to Uncharted 2, and you know it.

DrBo42

AltogetherAndrews said:
You can further help the game by staying away from the thread.
Kitton's posts get on my nerves after a while too, but come on. It's not an "Unchawted" thread without him.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
_leech_ said:
If anyone ever doubted Naughty Dog's dominance as a top-tier studio, this thread is a giant STFU.
Now we just need Anihawk to reconcile with his long lost love for ND (history scholars would tell you that he liked them back then in Jak 1 days...)

AltogetherAndrews said:
I doubt it will sell like a 360 or multiplatform game, but being a much improved sequel to a liked game and releasing in the wake of a new, cheaper system should do something for it. Then again, I don't particularly care, as long as these games sell enough to keep the studios operational and well funded.
Yeah, I'm with you there. Although, a sales success can get an effect on the others to try and make some games in similar vein, which is welcome if you happen to like what the game has to offer. Back in the day, there used to be a concerted effort on making interesting story, characters and dialogue for a game, and things like that are really too often overlooked nowadays, with greater focus being on quality graphics and easily approachable gameplay. And while I of course have nothing against the later, I do miss the former, from the P&C adventure games of old.

rhino4evr

Kittonwy said:
How about I simply put you on ignore from now on so I don't have to put up with any more of your insightful comments? That way you can still whine and bitch about me posting and I don't have to read any of it. It's a win-win.
Indifferent2.gif

don't be too upset, he's just sore that his predictions/dreams that the game would be mediocre didn't come true.

I played Uncharted 3/4 times. Trigens killed it, but the narrow shooter focus had already worn a bit thin by then. Hopefully, the sequel will be good enough to complete at least once.

Felix Lighter said:
I was never bothered by the
supernatural stuff, except how it effected gameplay.
What would an Indiana Jones type adventure be without it?
The super natural element just shouldn't result in flood-like enemies, that do nothing but take a b-line towards the player and attack.

To be honest I thought the
supernatural
element in Drake's Fortune was the most memorable part of the story

RoadHazard

Gold Member
iamcool388 said:
The video review from G4 is AMAZING if you dont mind being spoilt a little.

How much is "a little"? I don't want to see alot of new areas and stuff (already saw too much of that in IGN's review, even though I looked away from the screen and just listened to most of it).

LaneDS

Jostifer said:
That they made this game in just 24 months is insane.

I'm sure building off of the first one helped considerably, but yes it's still a very impressive effort any way you look at it.

kikanny

Oh man. With all these awesome reviews on Uncharted 2, the wait is just unbearable. I knew the game would be crazy awesome, but didn't expect this level of praise from everyone. Naughty Dog is an amazing company. What makes it even better is that game is releasing on my birthday. :D CANNOT WAIT!!

Simply put, I hope it sells well and I hope ND makes a boatload off of it. However, as a consumer I will buy the game and after that I dont give two shits whether the game sells well or not. I will have done my part and that's all that matters. I just hope this thread stays away from sales BS and focuses on the apparent acheivement ND has accomplished.

Yeah, this thing is setting Metacritic on fire. Uncharted 2 is sitting at a Metacritic score of 98, which currently ties it for the highest score of this Generations with, ehmm, GTA4. (This Generation = Wii, 360, & PS3 You Noobs, lol).

I am just blown away. This game is getting amazing scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom