• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepbrown

Ninja_Hawk said:
If I remember correctly Uncharted did over 300k by the end of 2007 in the US, in the worst environment ever and is over 2.6 million worldwide now last I heard. Uncharted 2 will do at least 500k it's release month i'm sure and it'll be in the millions by the time it's all said and done, no need to worry. It probably won't be Gears or Halo but it'll still be a commerical and critical success i'm positive.
Yep strong sales over time. No other PS3 exclusive has had continued sales like Uncharted. It's had the longest legs.

mjc

I'm getting really excited for both this and Demon's Souls next week. That being said, something about Chloe's face really gets to me. Not sure what it is.

thaOwner said:
whats up with people posting reviews from all these 'no name' sites ? I mean, like damn.

How about we post reviews from all sites, and determine their credibility for ourselves? If they have actually played the game, their opinions matter as much as that of "proper" critics.

Zeliard

deepbrown said:
Yep strong sales over time. No other PS3 exclusive has had continued sales like Uncharted. It's had the longest legs.

Uncharted is pretty damn popular, I think. Some of my friends that rarely touch games know about it. I know that's anecdotal, but games they know about tend to be relatively prominent ones. Pretty impressive in this case considering Uncharted's a new IP, unlike say MGS4.

Violater

Meus Renaissance said:
FIFA 10> Everything else, in terms of anticipation
If you are the same Meus from N4G then I am pretty sure what your intentions and opinions are. If you are not then I apologize for the insinuation wholeheartedly.

That said I wish the scores were not coming out so early with the game still 2 weeks away.

Hydrargyrus said:
What's wrong with the swedes?, is there a joke about them in the game??

Gamereactor, this... :lol :lol
Hey! LEVEL gave it 10 and 9!
Reviewer who gave it 10 has won an award for Sweden's best game journalist. Reviewer who gave it a 9 is probably the most well known game journalist in Sweden. He is editor of LEVEL.

Crisco

Banned
hah, my friend who quite literally hasn't turned his PS3 on for over a year just IM'd me "hey, have you heard about this Uncharted 2 game for the PS3?" :lol

Zzoram

deepbrown said:

I picked it up for $25 new on sale with my PS3 Slim.

BeeDog

Is there an expected time frame for the GameTrailers review? I often enjoy their (spoilerish) stuff, so wouldn't mind catching it immediately if it comes up soon.

No45

Argh, I need to stop reading this thread. I find myself compulsively checking out the spoilers, even though I'm on blackout for the game! D:

EDIT: Loving the review scores though. :)

For some reason these scores make me sad. Im realising how much TR has dug a hole for itself.... Uncharted has gotten the torch now.

highluxury said:
For some reason these scores make me sad. Im realising how much TR has dug a hole for itself.... Uncharted has gotten the torch now.
That has to be true on some level... took me a good 3 minutes to figure out wtf TR was.

Edit: lol

No45

highluxury said:
Heh, I picked up TR cheap yesterday. Wasn't in any rush to play it, but I think it might be kinder to play it sooner rather than later.

roMonster

Hydrargyrus said:
What's wrong with the swedes?, is there a joke about them in the game??

Gamereactor, this... :lol :lol

From the reviews it feels like the voice acting really goes towards immersion. So...

it could mean not playing the game in english takes away from the overall experience (single player).

(I'm assuming they played and reviewed the game in Swedish.)

Zeliard said:
Edge and Eurogamer really do just use the entire scale.

I'd say they're right on the money much of the time. I like Killzone 2 and bought it at launch, and a lot of people complained about Edge scoring it 7/10 (I also thought it was low), but how many people are even still talking about that game? You have to admit, it came and went pretty quickly considering it's still only about 6 months old. No real legs on that game, unfortunately, and Edge's 7/10 is looking pretty damn accurate these days.

That makes absolutely no sense. No one talks about Gears 2 anymore, I guess that game is crap too. How do you know about the legs on the game? Do you have shipment figures or are you an insider? Serious question.

Zeliard said:
Killzone 2 had a multiplayer component that was supposed to be huge and bigger than its SP - it should have had the legs of something more like Halo, Call of Duty, or Resistance, not a game like MGS4 which was mostly about the single-player experience (and one that doesn't have a great amount of replay value due to the cutscenes).

KZ2 was supposed to be one of the PS3's big multiplayer hits, and 6 months out, it's basically on nobody's radar anymore and doesn't seem to have been for a while. Hopefully it'll see a resurgence after the next big map pack or addition to the game.

Killzone 2 multiplayer is addictive, IMO it's the best FPS of this generation, ahead of COD4 (maybe MW2 will surpass it for me). The leaderboards consistently have 100k+ players each week. It's not Halo or COD level, but it's far from what you're making it out to be. I'm sure GG will fix some of the problems that they had with the game and add even more on Killzone 3 and/or their next IP. Let us not forget GG had never had a AAA game prior to Killzone 2, so things will only get better now.

Zzoram said:
Considering this generation has at least 3 years left, probably not. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Uncharted 3 earns that title.

I hope not, I'm hoping Uncharted 3 is a launch PS4 title, maybe have some Uncharted game on PSP, but I think next year ND should work on Jak 4 and then a new IP. That's

highluxury said:

It sounds like Naughty Dog ripped the tourch out of Laura's hand and set her on fire. :lol

Amir0x

Banned
goddamn Uncharted 2 is getting universal acclaim.

I liked Uncharted 1, but not 10/10 much. Like 8/10. This shit really has me hyped now.

And to think only a few weeks ago I would have never been playing this game at launch. Thanks, PS3 Slim!

Zeliard

Everyone is expecting the outlier review to be Edge's, but I think it's far more likely that it'll be some relatively no-name site trying to fish for hits by sitting pretty on the bottom of U2's Metacritic page with a controversial score.

AranhaHunter said:
That makes absolutely no sense. No one talks about Gears 2 anymore, I guess that game is crap too.

Everybody including fanboys shat on Gears 2's multiplayer due to its numerous bugs and other imbalances. Horde was the only really popular thing to come out of Gears 2. The game in retrospect was rated too highly on release.

Meus Renaissance said:
I'm not trying to troll or anything but I'll be shocked if this game does more than 250K first month for NPD. I really hope it does +1million but I doubt these spectacular reviews will be reflected in sales

*removed*

Amir0x said:

I liked Uncharted 1, but not 10/10 much. Like 8/10. This shit really has me hyped now.

And to think only a few weeks ago I would have never been playing this game at launch. Thanks, PS3 Slim!

You got a ps3 and you played UCD1! Amir0x Im so proud of you.

Tom Penny

Sony's add campaign should literally show all the perfect 10's and like average score of " " then show some footage. Simple and to the point.

Tom Penny said:
Sony's add campaign should literally show all the perfect 10's and like average score of " " then show some footage. Simple and to the point.

I think the teaser trailer their showing is pretty bad ass.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Orobi said:
Wow @ japanese artbox! :)
It reminds me... Lupin the third...
It reminds me of old adventure movie comic books and movie posters. It's incredibly cheesy and not afraid to be so. I really hope we get that picture in high resolution.

Synless

Amir0x said:

I'm glad you made it to the party. Uncharted is worth being played by everyone.

MNC

Why are people holding so strong to scores... Since when have they mean so much to GAF or in general!?!?!?!??! :p

slider said:
What site is that??

Bear in mind the pre-order beta thingy. Do the figures take into account cancelled orders?

Don't get me wrong. I want every good/great game to do well; U2 especially. I'm just naturally cautious.

VGch@rtz which have a questionable reputation so take it with a grain of salt but even if its half that Uncharted 2 is already off to a great start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom