• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AranhaHunter said:
Lol funny thing is he almost got a permanent avatar like ours.....almost.

And that site's scores are counted on metacritic? Therein lies the problem with metacritic (or any aggregate score sites for that matter).

Exactly. Metacritic should only use 20 of the most respected gaming sites/publications to formulate the overall score. As it is it's open to abuse by smaller sites with a fanboy agenda.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
templeusox said:
I disagree. These sites serve several valuable purposes. It's just a shame how the industry has decided to use them.
heh, yeah I was worried someone would call me out on that.

I agree, but I think that a) people, in general, aren't mature enough to deal with that sort of information, and b) the rotten tomatoes model of positive/negative works better, in my opinion, although I'm not sure how effective that would be for games (there might be a lot of 100%s).

Man its a shame I cant join you guys due to my trophy whoring addiction.

Seeing you have so much fun makes me :(. Will definitely join up when the game gets released. You guys seem to love fresh inexperienced cannon fodder.

Hydrargyrus

deepbrown said:
Here it is.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...leId=23116&sl=no&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1

I didn't compile this (not that sad) but thought it was interesting:

Resistance 2, Gamer: 7/10, Metacritic 8.7/10
Fat Princess, Gamer: 4/10, Metacritic 7.8/10
Killzone 2, Gamer: 6/10, Metacritic 9.1/10
Uncharted 2, Gamer: 7/10, metacritic 9.7/10
Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Gamer: 7/10, Metacritic 8.2/10
Halo 3, Gamer: 9/10
Fable 2, Gamer: 9/10
Gears of War, Gamer: 10/10
Gears of War 2, Gamer: 10/10

Anyway just leaving that for completists sake.

this shit doesn't appear, at least for now, on metacritic.

deepbrown

Tenkai Star said:
I often the one to doubt people who say a site favors a console and judging games from a fanboy point of view. I even defended Gamereactor when they gave Uncharted 2 8/10 but not even I can find it in myself to defend that.

Well atleast they gave LittlBigPlanet 9/10, but even fanboys must have a heart that goes "nawwwwww" somtimes. No one can oppose Stephen Fry!
Yeah the low scores would be fine if it was reflected across platforms.

And no they aren't included on Metacritic.

BUT, I actually think all sites should be included on a rankings website...even this one.

batbeg

Oh wow, just now playing the multiplayer :D I suck something awful, but it's oh so fun. Will have to buy this sometime soon after it comes out, methinks. Though I never actually bought the first (played my ex's dad's copy).

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
This demo is simply incredible, better than anything I've played so far on PS3.
GOTY seems promised to this game, it will surely get my vote.

batbeg

Er... what are you meant to do in the co-op treasure hunt things? You find the treasure, and then...?

Edit: ah, you have to throw the fucker!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
batbeg said:
Er... what are you meant to do in the co-op treasure hunt things? You find the treasure, and then...?

isn't that enough? :p In Gold Rush the goal is to survive 10 rounds with your team. In objective, the treasure's in the plaza. We just gotta go get it.

nib95 said:
Remember when certain people were sure the MP would be tacked on and that the SP campaign would be greatly (negatively) affected because of it? Oh lolz.

I was one of those people. I just couldn't believe that inclusion of mp wouldn't harm the campaign in some way. It's pretty much a given that us once doubters will get a huge serving of crow, but I'll be glad to eat it.

nib95

Banned
Remember when certain people were sure the MP would be tacked on and that the SP campaign would be greatly (negatively) affected because of it? Oh lolz. :D

Pre-emptive congrats to ND since I haven't played the SP yet, but I can't imagine it'll disappoint. Not after U1 anyway.

Loudninja

batbeg said:

Edit: ah, you have to throw the fucker!

You have to put it in the chest not just throw it :p

batbeg

Loudninja said:
You have to put it in the chest not just throw it :p

Haha, I know that, but I was confused how I was meant to get it inside a buildings second floor. Didn't help the other guy I was playing with was every bit as lost as me.

Fakto

deepbrown said:
Here it is.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...leId=23116&sl=no&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1

busted.jpg

vulva

man, now with the open MP demo all kinds of morons are flooding in =(. Every match sounds like when my roommate plays Halo against 13 year old wankstas

batbeg

Happy Phantom said:
man, now with the open MP demo all kinds of morons are flooding in =(. Every match sounds like when my roommate plays Halo against 13 year old wankstas

The only people I've heard on voicechat seem to be either jerking off, or having put the mic next to their dog or baby. I've yet to hear any talking.

Tom Penny

So when you set your co-op difficulty does it also affect Gold Rush? I swear I played a game last night that was hard as hell compared to other times.

deepbrown said:
Here it is.

Edge magazine would be proud.:lol

The smoking gun isnt so much the review scores it's the way the reviews are written. In their Killzone 2 review they ranted against "the church of Playstation" and "Sony fanboys" and compared KZ2 to Haze.:lol

AKS

deepbrown said:
Here it is.

Wow, Fat Princess was almost 4 points below the average! This really is a joke of a site that is probably getting a lot of extra hits for doing this.

zoukka

AKS said:
Wow, Fat Princess was almost 4 points below the average! This really is a joke of a site that is probably getting a lot of extra hits for doing this.

I'm not defending that shit site, but shut the fuck up seriously.

iceatcs

wow, love the demo.

Anyway who care if the non-English site cos they aren't part in the world. But I got felt for Norwegian sony fanboys. (Wollan?)

Dragon

Banned
zoukka said:
I'm not defending that shit site, but shut the fuck up seriously.

I always like the people that don't care about review scores but care about people bitching about them. :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
TheBranca18 said:
I always like the people that don't care about review scores but care about people bitching about them. :lol
yeah, because threads filled with score bitching are just so much fun for everyone. I hear they give the community a great reputation, too!

jorma

is now taking requests
iceatcs said:
wow, love the demo.

Anyway who care if the non-English site cos they aren't part in the world. But I got felt for Norwegian sony fanboys. (Wollan?)

talking about non-english...

Woke up this morning to take my girlfriend to class. Cold as fuck. Cold as fuck means that the fall gaming season is quickly approaching. While I froze my ass off, my heart warmed. 12 more days until Uncharted 2 quickly became more of a reasonable thought.

pswii60

marc^o^ said:
This demo is simply incredible, better than anything I've played so far on PS3.
GOTY seems promised to this game, it will surely get my vote.
What demo? Do you mean the BETA trial?

Or is there a single player demo I don't know about?!

EDIT: Seems you're just talking about the multiplayer demo. Meh, I wanna try the single player :(

h3ro

iceatcs said:
wow, love the demo.

You got felt up by Wollan?

h3ro said:
You got felt up by Wollan?
The questionmark states he doesn´t know if it was Wollan. He probably had a blackout from Norwegian moonshine, which I know from experience is stronger than rocket-fuel.

iratA

Having just played through most of Uncharted 1 again today and coming off the back of UC2's beta, many things about uncharted's visuals have become very clear to me.

Firstly Uncharted 1 still looks the shit! In some places it looks good to great while in others it still flat out amazes me. UC2 seems to have the edge overall and people keep telling me that the SP visuals will eat the MP visuals alive.

I know this is normally the case, but damn I find it hard to believe that it will look that much better than the beta already does. Has anyone seen screens or read any non-spoilerish reviews talking about the visual difference between multi and SP?

Oh and just a side note, the screen tearing in the first is very jarring to me now. :(

Yoboman

iratA said:
Having just played through most of Uncharted 1 again today and coming off the back of UC2's beta, many things about uncharted's visuals have become very clear to me.

Firstly Uncharted 1 still looks the shit! In some places it looks good to great while in others it still flat out amazes me. UC2 seems to have the edge overall and people keep telling me that the SP visuals will eat the MP visuals alive.

I know this is normally the case, but damn I find it hard to believe that it will look that much better than the beta already does. Has anyone seen screens or read any non-spoilerish reviews talking about the visual difference between multi and SP?

Oh and just a side note, the screen tearing in the first is very jarring to me now. :(
You're mainly going to see a difference in texture and model resolution I think. Maybe certain lighting effects. But the MP seems to have done a good job approximating. It'll probably be like the difference in playing a PC game on High and Very High

h3ro

Tenkai Star said:
The questionmark states he doesn´t know if it was Wollan. He probably had a blackout from Norwegian moonshine, which I know from experience is stronger than rocket-fuel.

2lig2g4.jpg

Kittonwy

Banned
Yoboman said:
You're mainly going to see a difference in texture and model resolution I think. Maybe certain lighting effects. But the MP seems to have done a good job approximating. It'll probably be like the difference in playing a PC game on High and Very High

Ambient occlusion or somethin something is in Uncharted 2 which wasn't in Uncharted 1 methinks. Also better hair in general, Naughty Dog does hair better than any other developer.
Indifferent2.gif

iratA said:

That is the usual case but I find it near impossible for that to happen. If true WHAO..... I want more information!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
you just need to see any random single player video to know that the visuals in the single-player look noticeably superior to the multi-player mode. ;)

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Loudninja said:
I am not going to play multiplayer until I beat the single player sorry guys!

Thats how i was for Killzone 2, but i felt like i missed out alot because of that (couldnt get into the clan).

iratA

Yoboman said:

Yeah texture and model resolution seems like the biggy and has been mentioned to me. Like I say UC2's beta is a step a head clearly but Uncharted was/is stunning in its own right. So I take it no one has seen good screen captures between the SP and multi? Damn that would be interesting.

iratA

Rez said:
you just need to see any random single player video to know that the visuals in the single-player look noticeably superior to the multi-player mode. ;)

Good point wait while I go and... hang on a minute! ;)

Dragon

Banned
Rez said:
yeah, because threads filled with score bitching are just so much fun for everyone. I hear they give the community a great reputation, too!

See that's called a strawman. I never said I enjoyed score bitching. I was just trying to imply that complaining about it is rather pointless.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
TheBranca18 said:
See that's called a strawman. I never said I enjoyed score bitching. I was just trying to imply that complaining about it is rather pointless.
touche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom