• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE 1991

nib95 said:
Remember when certain people were sure the MP would be tacked on and that the SP campaign would be greatly (negatively) affected because of it? Oh lolz. :D

Pre-emptive congrats to ND since I haven't played the SP yet, but I can't imagine it'll disappoint. Not after U1 anyway.

Agreed. Also, it's pretty incredible that most UC2 reviews so far discuss mainly the single player campaign, and then finish the review with something along the lines of "Oh, and the multiplayer is pretty awesome too." If the multiplayer is already awesome, I can't imagine what the campaign will be like if it makes people consider the great multiplayer almost something of an afterthought in comparison.

El-Suave

Loudninja said:
Eurogamer 10/10
Eurogamer Portugal 10/10
Eurogamer Spain 10/10
Eurogamer.nl 9/10 *DAMN YOU*

:lol

e98ak2.gif

eznark

Banned
Stoked to get back into the MP beta. What I played from the inFamous beta code was an absolute blast, I had no idea there was going to be an open beta as well.

spidye

what are you guys doing to the thread of one of the best games this year. who cares for review scores of some douchbags when we all know the game is goty material.
LEAVE UNCHARTED ALONE!

Cyberia

Loudninja said:
Eurogamer 10/10
Eurogamer Portugal 10/10
Eurogamer Spain 10/10

Their review is right now only based on the singleplayer.

Although we have not tested multiplayer yet, we can now say that the single player game of Uncharted 2 on its own to sell. For us the multiplayer is not necessarily necessary, but we are still very curious what Naughty Dog has made them. The multiplayer can still influence the rate positively, but it must be very good. Later more so!

Review

autobzooty said:
Game is way more fun with all gaf members. All mics, no mean people, balanced teams, sheer fun.
I've just bought the official mic, specifically for this game.
Now I just have to get better at actually playing!

Loudninja said:
Eurogamer 10/10
Eurogamer Portugal 10/10
Eurogamer Spain 10/10

Eurogamer France did the same as EG.nl... The dude (the new boss of the site, he's a douch) did not go for a 10 because the game " wasn't really original, even if ultimately good " Meh...

Loudninja

UnluckyKate said:
Eurogamer France did the same as EG.nl... The dude (the new boss of the site, he's a douch) did want to go for a 10 because the game " wasn't really original, even if ultimately good " Meh...

I dont have a problem with it at all just joking :p

deepbrown

UnluckyKate said:
Eurogamer France did the same as EG.nl... The dude (the new boss of the site, he's a douch) did want to go for a 10 because the game " wasn't really original, even if ultimately good " Meh...
Stop getting upset over a 9/10! There's been a 7/10, lets bitch about that!...oh wait...

Loudninja said:
I dont have a problem with it at all just joking :p

I got that, it was just to make the point.

We (French Reviewers in general) are never going for perfect scores as American people often do. I don't mind it, but oftenly, they don't go for a perfect score for stupid reason. I think you should not rate a game on standarts (because there's no way to be faire, based on your opinion) but on YOUR VERY experience, so you don't have to stick with scores fitting with a pattern or anything.

Less scores, more heart in reviews please.

deepbrown

M3Freak said:
How the fuck do you take screenshots while in game? Are we able to make movies, too? How?
Post game. Not going to do too well taking a movie while in a competitive game...you'd be slaughtered.

"HEY! I'm just mwaking a mwovie, leave me alwone!"

M3Freak said:
How the fuck do you take screenshots while in game? Are we able to make movies, too? How?

There is a cinema mode on the main menu of the MP. However, I dont know if you can make a movie and upload it anyplace?

KilgoreTrout said:
I'm pissed at all the 10/10s.

I want more 21/20s or nothing.

Just joking. I think the 21/20 was ridiculous.

Maybe they would give 21/20's if they took out that fricking gattling gun! Its people like YOU that are dropping the scores! :lol

I have been playing the beta,the multiplayer is good but any confirmation on if they are at least looking at upping the damage output ?

A guy in a tshirt and jeans shouldn't be able to take over 5 rounds from an assault rifle.

Anerythristic said:
I have been playing the beta,the multiplayer is good but any confirmation on if they are at least looking at upping the damage output ?

A guy in a tshirt and jeans shouldn't be able to take over 5 rounds from an assault rifle.

It's obviously not a Made In China shirt...

Loudninja

Anerythristic said:

They did it for balance reasons not, if you can drop someone fast base on the amount of clothes they were that would be silly.

LaneDS

It's too late now, but man, official threads for big games should have review threads to go along with them. I think 75% of this thread so far has been discussion about reviews. Look, I just made another post about them. Shame on me.

Frostburn

Anerythristic said:

It takes place in an "arena of sorts" with everyone carrying around weapons shooting at each other. There isn't much realistic about it to begin with. I think the damage model feels pretty good for the pace and map size.

Great games last night, thank you all: GeeDuhb for the invite; TheExecutive, autobzooty, Kilgore and everybody else for your time. Those were some fun, clean games.

I'll be on again tonight, will probably see you then :D

Also! I think I'm getting a bit better, so thanks to everybody who gave me tips on aiming and rate of fire/weapon handling. I really appreciate it!

Loudninja said:
They did it for balance reasons not, if you can drop someone fast base on the amount of clothes they were that would be silly.

The shirt thing was wink, wink, sarcasm guys, I should have added a smiley :D . The game is obviously quality and I can see it's a AAA experience story, graphics, multiplayer all there.

The damage output is just not great in my opinion (I also finished in the top 3 in many of my matches last night, but still.) The default weapons drift like a bitch, I was shooting the AK 47 in single fire mode all night .

deepbrown

LaneDS said:
It's too late now, but man, official threads for big games should have review threads to go along with them. I think 75% of this thread so far has been discussion about reviews. Look, I just made another post about them. Shame on me.
It's the review period. The official thread will evolve.

Loudninja

Anerythristic said:
The shirt thing was wink, wink, sarcasm guys, I should have added a smiley :D . The game is obviously quality and I can see it's a AAA experience story, graphics, multiplayer all there.

The damage output is just not great in my opinion (I also finished in the top 3 in many of my matches last night, but still.) The default weapons drift like a bitch, I was shooting the AK 47 in single fire mode all night .

Ohh I should have known :lol

LaneDS said:

The only problem I have with review talk is the fact that so much attention is payed to the occasional anomaly from some obscure site no one has heard of. At this point, it is very clear that this game is a critical success. Who cares if its final Metacritic score is 94 or 97?

Reviews are tools to help you decide whether or not to purchase a product and no one here is undecided at this point and if you are, reviews aren't the issue.

LaneDS

Felix Lighter said:
The only problem I have with review talk is the fact that so much attention is payed to the occasional anomaly from some obscure site no one has heard of. At this point, it is very clear that this game is a critical success. Who cares if its final Metacritic score is 94 or 97?

Reviews are tools to help you decide whether or not to purchase a product and no one here is undecided at this point and if you are, reviews aren't the issue.

That's true. That's the only part that bothers me as well. The general sense of excitement from most folks in here is fun and should be encouraged I think.

But as said above, it'll only last a while longer thankfully. Once the game is out it'll speak for itself.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I know there are a couple of people at GAF on SCEE's review code list, make yourself heard if you are. I'm fucking dying here, I need my fix.

iratA

McBacon said:
I know there are a couple of people at GAF on SCEE's review code list, make yourself heard if you are. I'm fucking dying here, I need my fix.

Same. I think they've been warned that Sony's Elite Ninja Task-force aka S.E.N.T. are watching the interwebs.

iratA said:
Having just played through most of Uncharted 1 again today and coming off the back of UC2's beta, many things about uncharted's visuals have become very clear to me.

Firstly Uncharted 1 still looks the shit! In some places it looks good to great while in others it still flat out amazes me. UC2 seems to have the edge overall and people keep telling me that the SP visuals will eat the MP visuals alive.

I know this is normally the case, but damn I find it hard to believe that it will look that much better than the beta already does. Has anyone seen screens or read any non-spoilerish reviews talking about the visual difference between multi and SP?

Oh and just a side note, the screen tearing in the first is very jarring to me now. :(

Well that was the case with Killzone 2, the SP graphics were better than MP graphics until GG released a couple of DLC maps in June that kicked the living fuck out of anything in SP. I've had the UC2 MP beta for two weeks and I think the KZ2 desert map with the intermittent nuclear fallout is still better than anything I've seen in the UC2 beta.

LaneDS

Aww, bummer that the stats are gone from Naughty Dog's site. I wonder if they're down and gone until retail hits now? Kinda curious how many kills I had racked up in the last two weeks, but not a big deal in the end.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Goddamn, I just... I just had the absolute best game I've ever had. I was amazing. And thank the Naughty-Dog-Gods that I had the opportunity to record it. I am now going to add NeoGAFFers to my friends list JUST to send them the video of me in all my glory (well and to play with them).

Is there anyone on and playing right now?

Zeliard

Still can't believe a game that looks like this can auto-record every match and still keep things smooth even in multiplayer.

batbeg

Hm... might look into getting a headset pretty soon. I'd feel lame playing with a bunch of other GAFers and being the only one who can't talk :lol

Hey, where can I pre-order than special edition Uncharted in the UK...?

gentlemanfinn

Neo Member
batbeg said:
Hm... might look into getting a headset pretty soon. I'd feel lame playing with a bunch of other GAFers and being the only one who can't talk :lol

Hey, where can I pre-order than special edition Uncharted in the UK...?
I preordered from game.co.uk. They have the Special Edition for 39.99 and free shipping in UK!

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
gentlemanfinn said:
I preordered from game.co.uk. They have the Special Edition for 39.99 and free shipping in UK!

That's where I got mine- they're selling it for the same price as the regular version.

I need to try and pick up a headset at some point too before the release.

Lince

Banned
Zeliard said:
Still can't believe a game that looks like this can auto-record every match and still keep things smooth even in multiplayer.

yeah it's impressive, no micro-stuttering alas HALO 3, but let's remember streaming from the HDD > streaming from the Bluray Disc... but this is Naughty Dog, they're Gods, let's wait until we get the final build / retail disc.

LaneDS

Lince said:
yeah it's impressive, no micro-stuttering alas HALO 3, but let's remember streaming from the HDD > streaming from the Bluray Disc... but this is Naughty Dog, they're Gods, let's wait until we get the final build / retail disc.

Well, the replays would still be on the hard drive, and I'm fairly sure all the relevant data is loaded in beforehand... basically I don't expect to see any sort of in-game performance hit once the retail hits. Maybe longer load times before the match starts, but that's about it.

54-46!

Zeliard said:
I don't see what's so impressive about it, a ton of (mostly pc) games have been doing it prior to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom