• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

EloquentM

aka Mannny
madmaxx350 said:
Chapter 12 and maybe 15, 16 and 19 have probably the best gun fights in all the series.

my favorite is easily the part
where you have to shoot the pillars where the jeep with the turret was parked at
, so good.
Remember when
you rpg the gate and sand flows out knocking down that truck with the guy you just killed?

Just beat the game, I liked it a lot but I think 2 is still my favorite. Hopefully ND fixes the aiming with a patch. The next Uncharted game if there is one should be on PS4, I wouldn't mind it being a launch title.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Finished!

Some quick, spoiler-free thoughts:
The game was great, and had some amazing set pieces, a few of which beat anything Uncharted (or pretty much any game) has done before. However, I do feel that the experience as a whole was slightly weaker than U2. I'd give them both 9/10, but U2's 9 is closer to 10 than U3's.

And, did anyone else feel like this game was shorter? I beat it faster than I beat U2 the first time (both on Hard), for sure.

EloquentM said:
Remember when
you rpg the gate and sand flows out knocking down that truck with the guy you just killed?

so good... Honestly though chapter 11-22 makes this my favorite Uncharted game, though I still prefer U1's story by a tiny bit and damn Iram make shamballa look like a third world country.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
madmaxx350 said:
so good... Honestly though chapter 11-22 makes this my favorite U3 game, though I still prefer U1's story by a tiny bit and damn Iram make shamballa look like a third world country.
Couldn't have said that better myself.

zlatko

Banned
Completed it in one sitting on hard. Took me 9 hours. Overall good game, but it did not surpass UC2 for me. Parts of the game dragged on, the story wasn't that interesting, gameplay felt lacking in a lot of areas, some frustrating/cheap deaths, and the fact
the final encounter is a quick time event
all helped make me come to the realization that this is what happens when Naughty Dog is not on their game.

There's a few memorable moments, but overall I'm glad I rented it whereas I had purchased UC2. Graphics alone do not make a good game, and that's why I have to give this game a 7/10. :(

EloquentM

aka Mannny
zlatko said:
Completed it in one sitting on hard. Took me 9 hours. Overall good game, but it did not surpass UC2 for me. Parts of the game dragged on, the story wasn't that interesting, gameplay felt lacking in a lot of areas, some frustrating/cheap deaths, and the fact the
final encounter is a quick time event
all helped make me come to the realization that this is what happens when Naughty Dog is not on their game.

There's a few memorable moments, but overall I'm glad I rented it whereas I had purchased UC2. Graphics alone do not make a good game, and that's why I have to give this game a 7/10. :(
you should really learn to use spoiler tags

ediit: thanks.

Reached Chapter 9, this game is amaziiiing so far. I had a huge smile on my face for those early chapters. No one does setpieces like ND...deep down its obviously Drake wouldn't die, but it still makes me gasp and leaves me in the suspension of disbelief.

And from the responses here it sounds like the best is yet to come. Sadly, i'm probably not going to be able to finish until the weekend. :(

I'm out of this thread...don't want to get accidently spoiled again. Nothing big, but someone spoiled that
Young Marlowe
was in the game.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Goddamn fucking UPS, 2nd day they try to deliver when im at work and now i have to wait till tomorrow to play this. People have to work for a damn living.

baekshi

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
Goddamn fucking UPS, 2nd day they try to deliver when im at work and now i have to wait till tomorrow to play this. People have to work for a damn living.
maybe you might want to try to leave a note out, if it doesn't work out, you can always pick it up at their warehouse.

FreeMufasa

Only played up to Chapter 5 and so far it's brilliant. I had no idea there'd be a section with
Nate and Sully in the past. Was handeled very well

Multiplayer however is a clusterfuck. Just got up to level 10. I was expecting something like this but it's still sad.

Samus4145

~Kinggi~ said:
They didn't leave the note to sign and hang when they come the next day?

~Devil Trigger~ said:
I dunno if this has been posted before but

this game is pretty, like....very very pretty

anybody else noticed?

the first 2 games I was impressed but this time all I see and imperfections. Maybe its because this gen is just dragging on.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Just popped into multi for a look, first since open beta, and can't believe how fast it feels - you really haul ass when you sprint. Uncharted Arcade compared to the pacing of the main game, but I kinda dig it.

jett said:
I just noticed everyone is bald in chapter 1. What's up with that? :p

All the enemies are the fucking same. I expect to uncover a cloning factory owned by Marlowe. All of Talbot's enemies are the same... all the big guys are the same...

With a game so perfect the faults like this really stand out.

soulassssns said:
the first 2 games I was impressed but this time all I see and imperfections. Maybe its because this gen is just dragging on.

The Witcher 2 must be the only game I have ever played with almost no weak tectures....Playing Crysis 2 maxed on PC with tesselation etc, I could still notice quite alot of low quality textures....

Rhino

Good Lord just did a round of coop adventure with pubbies.....that was painful. Any Gaffers who want to go through COOP Adventure together send me a message.

PSN ID: SgtWheelman

Just beat the game. Graphics were amazing. I'd rank Uncharted 2 above this one, but still a great experience. Did not enjoy
jumping from piece to piece of the falling pieces. Had a few cheap deaths due to bad camera work.
I felt the ending was kind of anti-climatic too. I thought there would be something else after the
quick time event

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Heshinsi said:
Man I am getting my ass handed to me at the
ship graveyard
level.
Stay in the water and shoot from there. only come out for weapons and ammo. dive when necessary to avoid bullet fire

dralla

any reason why they changed elena and chloe's faces? they look so weird, especially chloe, who looks like she had a ton of plastic surgery. they looked so good in U2 and in all the pre-release footage for U3 they looked fine

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Trying not to read too much of this thread to avoid spoilers, but this will be the first game I play on my new 3DTV(Samsung UND55D8000) in 3D.

That said, the 3D was hyped up to be pretty awesome. How is it? Good depth? Is there a bad decrease in visuals? Jaggies?

Thanks.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Why did they hide treasures in the first chapters? I hate going through those over and over again.

Besides, we still haven't gotten an in-game treasure count thingy. It would be nice to go through the game for treasures without having to go back to the chapters selection screen to see how many are left to be found.

Do I really have to write that shit down beforehand?

It's a minor thing, but still annoying.

Amir0x

Banned
Man this game is a step back from U2, but I must admit I can't stop being impressed by the facial animations. It's definitely some of the best I've ever seen in a game this side of L.A. Noire. And this might be more artistically impressive considering the two methods used in each of these games.

The part where Victor says <Chap 3>
"Look, kid, a client wants something, and I get it... I don't ask any questions."
is a bit of a magnificent facial animation work that demands praise.

Other than that, the game is still what it is, but now with shooting quirks U2 didn't have and even more hand holding if that was possible.

Paznos

Sinthetic said:
The lighting on Chapter 8, God damn the lighting.
This is where I stopped playing earlier this morning and I agree MY GOD!!!! absolutely amazing, loving everything so far and Chapter 2 was pretty cool, even though I fell through the world..... kinda surprised me.

Called up Sony and they gave me a replacement code for the online pass since mine came with it blank.

jett

D-Member
Ah hell, I decided to check the original UC3 MP trailer just for the lulz, and found evidence of a new map:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIZk_KC6vSE#t=1m10s

I'm guessing it's finished and it's just being withheld to be sold as DLC? Or maybe they'll be nice guys and give it away as a freebie like The Fort? :p

Also, someone else brought it up but after seeing them here I kinda miss the little intros and outros each map had. What happened to that? This game is REALLY looking rushed out now.

Top Bottom