• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Finished on Hard before. The second half of the game is balls to the wall amazing. Voodoo stuff. The aiming is absolute shit compared to Uncharted 2, and it severely limited my enjoyment of the firefights (which were designed very well).

patsu

I am not affected by the aiming so far. Was able to land shots the way I want.

But I actually play with melee and stealth more in U3. Love that the shotgun dude and the shield guy can be beaten up relatively easily now, compared to U2.

You know
For an engaged couple, Drake and Elena not kissing ONCE even after she's certain he's dead multiple times when he comes back is pretty fucking lame.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
alr1ghtstart said:
Finished on Hard before. The second half of the game is balls to the wall amazing. Voodoo stuff. The aiming is absolute shit compared to Uncharted 2, and it severely limited my enjoyment of the firefights (which were designed very well).

Agreed. I wish I didn't have to go to class... really want to finish the game right now ><

Kuroudu

Game is unbelievable awesome, chateau chapter is incredible. Already mentioned by other gaffers, aiming is really off, it was much easier in Uncharted 2. I could hardly do a head shot now.

A little something I noticed when playing chapter 1/2, the color of
drakes hair when he was a teenager not dark brown, he dyed his hair?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
JB1981 said:
haha what a stunning change of heart.

I have loved the whole game. I was holding back on the praise until I was finished... and unfortunately just realized the only bits I'd posted were disproportionately negative.

They were only slight criticisms. Really.

I think Naughty Dog knocked this one out of the park.

gibration

Finally beat the game on Hard in 8 hours and 20 minutes. It was an incredible adventure just like Uncharted 2, amazing from start to finish. I honestly wouldn't mind re-playing any of the chapters but the one thing that did bother me was the aiming. I died so many times because the damn thing was just so hard to control. It was a bitch to aim and with me playing on Hard it was like playing the first Uncharted on Crushing. I didn't let it stop me from enjoying the game though but I sure as hell wished I had started the game on Normal instead of Hard. I'm not sure if this is my GOTY but it is a strong contender along with Batman: AC and Portal 2.

anyone else not like the new animation system?

Drake just feel all over the place and his jogging is very unnatural. who runs around swaying their head back and forth like that?

I find it unintentionally funny how Drake just wants to touch every wall, even though the collision detection is kinda lol since his hand doesn't even come close to actually feeling it.

ViewtifulJC said:
I find it unintentionally funny how Drake just wants to touch every wall, even though the collision detection is kinda lol since his hand doesn't even come close to actually feeling it.
that too

kneePat

Kuroudu said:
Game is unbelievable awesome, chateau chapter is incredible. Already mentioned by other gaffers, aiming is really off, it was much easier in Uncharted 2. I could hardly do a head shot now.

A little something I noticed when playing chapter 1/2, the color of
drakes hair when he was a teenager not dark brown, he dyed his hair?

Hair color can change during puberty.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
fuzzyreactor said:
anyone else not like the new animation system?

Drake just feel all over the place and his jogging is very unnatural. who runs around swaying their head back and forth like that?
people who are physically exhausted.

UC2 was a very 'quotable' game. I mean, you can point to a chapter name and someone who has played it would remember exactly if it was a platforming or shooting chapter. In fact, I had favorite chapters I would replay again and again. I loved the shooting in UC2 and some of my fav chapters were - The Dig, Monastery, Train, Convoy, Urban Warfare, Cat and Mouse, etc.

The chapter slicing and gameplay structure in UC3 is much more subtle and mixed. I think almost all chapters have everything unlike UC2. It probably makes for a better start-to-end game, but its definitely a less 'quotable' game.

Mr. Sam

Picked this up earlier today. I'm enjoying it so far but I don't like having to think so much. God damn you, Naughty Dog! I just want to jump off ledges and empty clips into waves of enemies! I thought we'd established this.

I'll jump into some online tomorrow. I wrecked online during the four games I had at the Eurogamer Expo, though I appreciate I was probably largely playing novices.

Edit: I also tried the 3D at the Eurogamer Expo. Me and my friend both agreed that we much preferred the game in 2D. 3D seemed to make edges very jagged, the picture was blurrier and it was just generally easier to get disorientated.

Let me preface this by saying Uncharted is my favorite game series of all time and I am totally in love with it.

But I fucking hate the controls in Uncharted 3. The flashback scene at the beginning of UC3 is almost unbearable. I know that's the design they were going for with the way he walks but it is disgusting, annoying, and obnoxious.

I also really hate the camera. I realize there's lots of tight corridors, but that's no excuse for how bad the camera gets in your way here. Being such a big fan, I get the angle they're going for here with the cinematic experience, but at least me look around. There's just no excuse for not being able to look around freely.

Maybe things get better, but these are my first impressions so far (I just got to
France
)

LuchaShaq

Banned
Can you switch the triggers to make R2/L2 to shoot?

I honestly can't use the dual shock for longer than 15 min without cramps so I use the wired 360 adapter but using the bumpers to aim and shoot like I did in infamous/uncharted 2 doesn't sound fun.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Fratkabula said:
UC2 was a very 'quotable' game. I mean, you can point to a chapter name and someone who has played it would remember exactly if it was a platforming or shooting chapter. In fact, I had favorite chapters I would replay again and again. I loved the shooting in UC2 and some of my fav chapters were - The Dig, Monastery, Train, Convoy, Urban Warfare, Cat and Mouse, etc.

The chapter slicing and gameplay structure in UC3 is much more subtle and mixed. I think almost all chapters have everything unlike UC2. It probably makes for a better start-to-end game, but its definitely a less 'quotable' game.
Chapter 12. Lol

The shoot out at Chapter 12 at the S
hipyard
is rock solid. I can't do it. The rocket launcher guys keep getting me whilst I'm trying to just stay on board a boat or container. TT_TT

Android18a said:
hipyard
is rock solid. I can't do it. The rocket launcher guys keep getting me whilst I'm trying to just stay on board a boat or container. TT_TT

move around the level, i had to die about 10-15 times until i passed it ..

Rengoku

Android18a said:
hipyard

Don't stay onboard all the time, use the water to your advantage

Ohwiseone

Just finished it, and Dammnit.. if that is the last one, I wouldn't want it to end any other way.

I think that the Drake/Elena romantic storyline thing, is one of the best in video games, The chemistry really shows very well in the game

Fucking Naughty Dog, Amazing job.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Android18a said:
hipyard
stay in the water its a great defense/offense. Stay in the water to shoot and dive when shot at.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Radec said:
man, chapter 12 is gonna be hard for me on crushing. I died alot earlier on hard. f
Freaking level design!
Chapter 12 gives you so many different options to tackle that arena so you really can't blame level design. The worst thing to do in that chapter is to be stuck out in the open.

Don

Just reached Chapter 10 with about 3 hours 20 minutes playtime and really enjoying it so far. I've noticed the aiming being a little off like other people have mentioned so hopefully that gets sorted out but everything else has been great so far. The puzzles seem to be a little more interesting than in the previous games but still nothing too difficult.

The only other thing that kind of bugs me a bit that I've seen other people point out is Elena and Chloe's face. It seems weird that they both looked completely fine in most of the pre-release footage right up until the last moment and now they look really different for some reason.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Beam said:
I can´t believe how ND made the enemies spam grenades on hard. It´s so damn cheap, so i had to change the difficulty to normal.

Learn to throw back grenades. I love grenade spam. It's free grenades!

Radec said:
man, chapter 12 is gonna be hard for me on crushing. I died alot earlier on hard. f
Freaking level design!
Chapter 12 is so fantastic. The combat forces you to be creative and move around. The AI works really well forcing you to counter quickly and balance your gunplay with grenades and melee. Level design isn't the problem. You got to play more versatile.

Wario64 said:
Learn to throw back grenades. I love grenade spam. It's free grenades!

Yep , when i playing co op i see people running from grenades.
I be saying throw them back , throw them back no need to run from them .
Hell you can throw back all if they close to you .

Chapter 12 and maybe 15, 16 and 19 have probably the best gun fights in all the series.

my favorite is easily the part
where you have to shoot the pillars where the jeep with the turret was parked at
, so good.

Top Bottom