• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

tm24

said something about a sort of icon that will appear on my XMB to download new content? Should I be expecting something convoluted here?

Thanks!
You'll get a message in your inbox with an attached link to launch the PSN store and you can grab it then. Or you can grab it manually from the store if you search for it

You'll get a message in your inbox with an attached link to launch the PSN store and you can grab it then. Or you can grab it manually from the store if you search for it

Thanks man - yeah I didn't see the message, but I went into the store and the newest bundle of stuff (Killzone 3) had a "Free" tab next to it. I downloaded it all and the Fortune Hunter Pack tab suddenly had the red purchase bag and I could rate it. Nice :)

Congratulations! I'm curious to read how you beat it!

Somnium, I'm sorry I didn't join your Plunder game yesterday, but after reading the replies here that it was in Syria I'm glad I didn't join. I would have fucking raged so hard. That map is seriously the WORST fucking thing in the world for Plunder. It's broken and unfair. No joke.

---

I like the new stats page.

Syria IMO is only good in Co-op adventure, for everything else it's bad .
i had forgotten how the snipers are faster in crushing , you see them and you have like 1 sec to react , they also take less time to aim . that was hard for monsatery but you know what ? i was with friends and head sets !! the tactic was more of the same what was said ( army of 3, team safe, team medic , ect ect ).
Patience and lots of dialog were the key ..as soon as an ennemy was spoted , his location was told by voice ..and we could react faster .. i'm positive monastery is impossible in crushing without friends and/or headsets ..
I gave 7 grenades ( with the grenade launcher ) to the final Brute, point blank... he was still standing !! (WTF ) how much life do they have ? was about to be killed and a friend emptied his pistol to kill him.( everyone was seriously low on anmo.. ) it was awesome ..

Stat page is cool but i hope they improve it even more just to show that you don't need an ELITE membership to show data to players ..

Tell me about it. There wasn't anything we could do. We would clear out the entire team just to have them spawn at our treasure chest. Naughty Dog really just needs to make maps that are for Objective type modes only, and maps for TDM types only. If you're not gonna do that, then at least test out the fucking maps you have first so it doesn't turn into a cluster fuck.

i hope they fix those syria spawn points in a update . i'm actually fan of maps that are versatile to support various gametype on the fly ( killzone 2 does this as well ) without trouble . chateau & molten ruins are pretty good IMO at this.

I think UC3 is more technically impressive throughout.
But UC2 has more appealing environments. Deserts are kinda boring, no matter how good they look.
Unless you're watching in 3d .. i was able to experience it for a moment at a friend's ..and dammit , even that desert is something ..but the last part of the ship is my favorite part , followed by the last part of chateau ..

Unless you're watching in 3d .. i was able to experience it for a moment at a friend's ..and dammit , even that desert is something ..but the last part of the ship is my favorite part , followed by the last part of chateau ..
You see little details in the 3D that you never even knew were there before, it's insane, the DETAIL!!

It's like they made this game for 3D first, 2D second. You can tell when you see certain things fly from the screen etc. it is fucken insane.

The details of the ground, it's not just flat, everything has geometry, just so incredible.

And yes, DAT WATER!

I want everything in 3D now... This is my first gaming experience in 3D because I just got my new Panasonic plasma, so it's probably helping me be excited, but even still... It's better than I ever imagined. It's like the end of jaggies.

Its just so shit that my 6990 can't output HD3D through my PC so I can't just play everything on my PC in 3D, the top AMD product and it doesn't work in 3D... Appalling.

I've been so unhappy with AMD lately that I think upon the next cards im going to switch back to nvidia.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
i'm positive monastery is impossible in crushing without friends and/or headsets ..
I'm in complete agreement. I don't know whether to take that as good or bad news. On the rare instances that I was put into Crushing difficulty in Uncharted 2's co-op modes, it was still possible to beat the maps without voice chat with randoms. Monastery on the other hand I don't think it's possible to beat it with randoms who don't use voice. Communication is a big contributing factor to it and precise teamwork.

Thanks for posting your way. It's always interesting to see the different strategies people use.

so many times i've played syria and tonight i found a bug .
Was with a random guy that prefered getting a shield instead of reviving me . he was less than 2 feet away... but he kept shooting ...

Even the game tell you about the fact that both character get their health restored if you manage to fll the jauge ... why don't you help ???

Anyway the last boss ( that keep the idol for himself ) didn't show and we were stuck in the map , unable to continue , looking for an ennemy to kill ( maybe we let one live ? ) , we explored the map and i found quite some intresting things ..

There was no ennemy left.
But i never had the time to explore much the maps in co-op ( borneo is boring by the way). I found a rocket launcher and a big machingun i didn't know they were there .. When i think how i struggled to beat this part without them ..i'm clearly ashamed ...

You see little details in the 3D that you never even knew were there before, it's insane, the DETAIL!!

It's like they made this game for 3D first, 2D second. You can tell when you see certain things fly from the screen etc. it is fucken insane.

The details of the ground, it's not just flat, everything has geometry, just so incredible.

And yes, DAT WATER!

I want everything in 3D now... This is my first gaming experience in 3D because I just got my new Panasonic plasma, so it's probably helping me be excited, but even still... It's better than I ever imagined. It's like the end of jaggies.

Its just so shit that my 6990 can't output HD3D through my PC so I can't just play everything on my PC in 3D, the top AMD product and it doesn't work in 3D... Appalling.

I've been so unhappy with AMD lately that I think upon the next cards im going to switch back to nvidia.
Unfortunately, there are missing objects in 3D. In chapter 3, I had switched back and forth between 2D and 3D and noticed the lack of plant life on the rooftop in 3D. Sort of ruined it for me.

Though it did look good, I just prefer 2 dimensions. SotC on the otherhand.... in may face from now on.

JJD

I played through 2 hours of the game last night (
from the end of the boat scene - where the water starts coming into the ship - to the desert scene where drake finds the city in the sand and starts fighting the guys in the collapsed city

The difference about this play through was that I was getting to play the game in 3D on my new Panasonic 3D Plasma for the first time... and OH MY GOD, I was not a fan of 3D, or a 3D convert before this, I always felt that I could FEEL the flicker of the shutters in front of my eyes, but this made me become TRANSFIXED.

It FELT like I was there... the water, the water felt real, like I could reach out and touch it and splash it... and
the room with the big glass wall with the water filling up on the outside... I have never seen anything like it before

Then, many other moments that you might be able to imagine between then... such things that have thrilled me like never before. I woke my brother in the middle of the night with shreaks of pleasure - he came to my room wondering if I was having some sort of nightmare...

Imagine his dismay when he walks into my room and see's me sitting on my bed wearing my 3D glasses and my Wireless Surround Sound Headphones with the most crazy gawky geeky eyegasm smile on my face ever... God Damn what a sight that must have been - he's not much of a geek himself, but he pissed himself at the sight. Can you imagine?

I didn't even know I was making noises!!! I don't usually make noises when I play games...

Well, seems I'll have to try it. I have a 63'' inch 3D plasma, and I've never, ever saw any 3D content in it, much less games...and I own a lot of 3D enabled games!

If I can only find the glasses...

Unfortunately, there are missing objects in 3D. In chapter 3, I had switched back and forth between 2D and 3D and noticed the lack of plant life on the rooftop in 3D. Sort of ruined it for me.

Though it did look good, I just prefer 2 dimensions. SotC on the otherhand.... in may face from now on.

Don't tell me this!!!

Really hope they don't patch the FAL SS. It's a fun gun to use. Not everyone uses it, and most of the people that do can't use it very well. If they patch the FAL and not Fleet Foot, I'm going to snap.
For the love of god , get rid of that cheap booster!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The FAL SS is overpowered IMO. Instead of being 4 bullets to take someone down, it should be 5. However, if they do nerf it then Naughty Dog needs to fucking remove the Rate of Fire attachment to the M9. No long range gun should have a rate of fire attachment ESPECIALLY the M9. I'm still in shock that they even included it as a weapon mod. Remember in the original summer beta how crazy overpowered the AK47 was with the rate of fire mod? Yeah.

Fleet Foot Gold is the worst, though. So fucking easy to level it up to gold and it's already being spammed/abused by every god damn high level player. It's Uncharted 2 all over again! Silver Speed should be the strafing speed for Fleet Foot Gold.

Also, I don't think I'm ever going to level up Monkey Man to Gold. It's kind of impossible to get a pulldown because you'll get kicked off every single time. :(

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
(Nighttime) Sanctuary was shown during the GTTV special and they also announced that the first flashback map pack will include 4 maps.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You know that special that was supposed to show some DLC for Uncharted 3? Well only one map was revealed from the flashback pack and it was The Sanctuary. Sanctuary returns for UC3!

Edit:

Damn you Killthee! ha!

It's good that it's 4 maps and not 2 in the first flashback map pack. Get all the Uncharted 2 maps out of the way quickly, so new maps can make their way out.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Sorry, been out of the loop for a while. When is the patch expected to drop for this game?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
hamchan said:
Love that map but the Uncharted 2 version looks better to me >_>.

Also it's kinda lame that the first map pack is just recycled UC2 maps, though I suppose BF3 is doing the same thing.
I just don't like the atmosphere some of these reskins have. Highrise doesn't look as good to me during the nighttime as it did during daytime in U2 and the same goes for Sanctuary, Museum just feels slightly off with everything being so bright, and Molten Ruins looks terrible compared to Flooded Ruins. I got no problem with frozen Facility and that's probably cause I hated U2 Facility and always felt it was too plain. Rainy Fort and defrosted Ice Cave look great in those 2 screenshots and I'm hoping my mind doesn't change when they release them.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It REALLY sucks that you can't put on two/three accessories at the same time. Why can't I wear my Fedora Hat, glasses, and the scarf thing for Sully? Why can't I wear the top hat and monacle for London Drake? Or the glasses and hat for Suited Sully? So dumb. :/

Don't tell me this!!!
Well this is nothing new to me as the digital foundry details pointed it out ..the fact that it's different just show that they optimised 3d to the max

Love that map but the Uncharted 2 version looks better to me >_>.

Also it's kinda lame that the first map pack is just recycled UC2 maps, though I suppose BF3 is doing the same thing.
One of my favorite map , i hope they just corrected the spawn points ( kinda crazy in MP )but i'll gladly play this map.

Just played a match and saw this.

COTI5.jpg

Shy Sully is shy.

Mikey Jr.

I'll be honest, I am somewhat dissapointed that the first 2 map packs are just old maps.

But then again, it is 4 packs. So hopefully the last 2 have 8 new maps. Unlikely, but it would be nice.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Don't tell me this!!!
Some of the small things are removed and some of the geometry is reduced. From what I'm told, they picked and choose what to remove very carefully as to not appear obvious. In any case, your impressions in 3D are typical, a lot of people are very impressed with it.

TripOpt55

So what do you guys think they will do for the map packs? Two will be four pack flashback maps I'd imagine. But do you you think new maps will be four to a pack or just two?

I also hope the second map pack isn't the other flashback one. Hope they put some new ones out in-between.

jett

D-Member
So what do you guys think they will do for the map packs? Two will be four pack flashback maps I'd imagine. But do you you think new maps will be four to a pack or just two?

I also hope the second map pack isn't the other flashback one. Hope they put some new ones out in-between.

I don't know, they'll probably throw in a new mode with each two-map pack.

Fixed1979

Some of the small things are removed and some of the geometry is reduced. From what I'm told, they picked and choose what to remove very carefully as to not appear obvious. In any case, your impressions in 3D are typical, a lot of people are very impressed with it.

I thought they did a pretty good job with the 3D, I just picked up the game yesterday and was using it the the new Sony HMD. Played through about 2 hours of the game and it's definitely one of the better 3D games I've played thus far. It does appear to suffer from a bit of IQ reduction but not as bad as some of the other games I've played. I'll be continuing to play in 3D on my first play through and maybe try 2D when I play it again later.

Mikey Jr.

My prediction:

1st: Flashback #1 pack. (Icecave, fort, sanctuary, Village)
2nd: New maps #1 (2 new maps)
3rd: Flashback #2 pack (lost city, Temple, Plaza, Train Wreck)
4th: New maps #2 (2 new maps)

Thats my best guess. I don't see more than 2 maps per pack. It was the same in Uncharted 2.

TripOpt55

My prediction:

1st: Flashback #1 pack. (Icecave, fort, sanctuary, Village)
2nd: New maps #1 (2 new maps)
3rd: Flashback #2 pack (lost city, Temple, Plaza, Train Wreck)
4th: New maps #2 (2 new maps)

Thats my best guess. I don't see more than 2 maps per pack. It was the same in Uncharted 2.

Kind of what I was thinking. Four new maps in one pack seems like too much. Though I believe we will end up with more maps from 2 than new ones for 3 in this scenario which is kind of lame.

Dibbz

6397491701_a93497a216_b.jpg

6397491707_1c359f8e14_b.jpg

6397491715_396c439575_b.jpg

6397491725_1fa8009b3f_b.jpg

I fancy getting some of the U2 skins. Is it worth me just getting the fortune hunter pack since the new maps are looking good?

Mikey Jr.

Kind of what I was thinking. Four new maps in one pack seems like too much. Though I believe we will end up with more maps from 2 than new ones for 3 in this scenario which is kind of lame.

It is kinda lame, but it is what it is. In the end we'll have what? 23 maps? Thats not bad.

I fancy getting some of the U2 skins. Is it worth me just getting the fortune hunter pack since the new maps are looking good?

I have fortune hunters pack and I don't regret it. Less so for the skins, but more for the maps. I was going to buy the maps anyways, so I figure the 4 map packs have to be ATLEAST $25. So I get the skins as pretty much a bonus.

jax (old)

Banned
tsGAi.jpg

is the official forum down or am I banned for asking them why the AUS fortune hunters is $40 instead of $25?

The patch needs to come soon and ND should have released the 1st map pack before the thanksgiving holiday so everyone can be playing and having fun with it while on holiday.

TripOpt55

It is kinda lame, but it is what it is. In the end we'll have what? 23 maps? Thats not bad.

Yeah that is true. I guess I should be happy to have so many maps. And I like most of Uncharted 2's. ND should make it 12 and 12 though. Come on... just one more new map :)

Do we know what any of the new maps will be? I know there was that Dry Docks map which I assume is one. Any others leak out?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Lulz @ them recycling even more maps, then making them even uglier.

I like how Geoff said they were free (for Fortune Club members). Strange definition of free.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I bought this today since it was $29.99. However, I don't want to play it until the patch that brings back the Uncharted 2 aiming controls is available. Has there been any sort of ETA given? Should we expect it before Christmas?

All this talk of revamped stages and the three best Village, Lost City and Plaza are nowhere to be found. Are we really getting Fort, Ice Caves, Facility before these amazing levels? Blaach!

Top Bottom