• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
All this talk of revamped stages and the three best Village, Lost City and Plaza are nowhere to be found. Are we really getting Fort, Ice Caves, Facility before these amazing levels? Blaach!
Village and Shambhala (Lost City) were buried in the summer beta so we do know they're coming.

k07Yk.png

Forsete

http://www.abload.de/img/zomguncharted38gl1.gif

trailer gif. was this bit cut? I don't remember seeing it in the actual game.

Its still in the game. Remember where you destroy the pillars (supported by wood which you shoot), its in that area.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It was a lot more sandy/yellowy though? The lighting (white/pink) makes me think its a different area altogether.

It's a super old old build and off screen pictures tend to distort the colors image. I'm pretty sure it's the part from the YouTube vid that was posted since there are RPGs in that part.

KageMaru

When it's done testing ..

Someone will update the thread titles and you'll know as soon as we know ..
Meanwhile , play some MP ,

For some reason when I saw the patch was in testing in the other thread, I thought it was in cert. =(

I think I'm going to just finish the campaign as is and just play through it again after the patch. I've been jonsen to play it.

nib95

Banned
It was a lot more sandy/yellowy though? The lighting (white/pink) makes me think its a different area altogether.

That exact segment is in the game. Jeep is mounted with a machine gun and you have to take out the pillars for it to drop.

omgkitty

Finally finished the game. Really liked it but 2 is still the best. Not really sure it's GOTY for me, but I really liked it nonetheless. Had a few questions/gripes:

So I am assuming at some point between 2 and 3 that Drake and Elena got married? They kept alluding to it like I was supposed to know WTF was going on between them two, and I literally had no clue. Was their marriage or engagement or whatever been mentioned anywhere else besides this game? Just thought it was strange.

Does Naughty Dog fucking have to just throw random bullshit enemies in at the end of each game? Those fire head fuckers really pissed me off. I understand he was hallucinating, but fuck me was that retarded. Doesn't help that the aiming sucks ass as we all know.

Also, if they do a 4th game, can we please not have a city being destroyed? Now I didn't finish the first game (I was oh so close) but I am pretty sure that was destroyed as well. I just wan't to see something that isn't - introduce new mythological creatures of some sort, discover magical city lost for centuries, city gets destroyed with no sort prize besides the standard "Hey! I shoved some gold in my pockets!". I like what they've done, but I want to see something different. /rant

rekameohs

Banned
Also, if they do a 4th game, can we please not have a city being destroyed? Now I didn't finish the first game (I was oh so close) but I am pretty sure that was destroyed as well. I just wan't to see something that isn't - introduce new mythological creatures of some sort, discover magical city lost for centuries, city gets destroyed with no sort prize besides the standard "Hey! I shoved some gold in my pockets!". I like what they've done, but I want to see something different. /rant

No, the first game didn't do that.

iLLmAtlc

Guys so I have an idea for the treasure system. I like the idea of treasures being rare so you feel a sense of accomplishment when you do get them, so let's keep that same. However, how bout we dump the duplicate crap completely so it's either A)You get a brand new treasure or b)You don't get a treasure at all. Right now I'm trying to get Talbot's FAL and it's pretty demoralizing to go a long stretch without a treasure, then one finally drops and it's one you already have. It really makes the whole thing not fun.

Loach

Neo Member
So I am assuming at some point between 2 and 3 that Drake and Elena got married? They kept alluding to it like I was supposed to know WTF was going on between them two, and I literally had no clue. Was their marriage or engagement or whatever been mentioned anywhere else besides this game? Just thought it was strange.

This is the same as UC2 where
you never found out why Drake and Elena split up after the events of UC1, everything that happened between the games was implied (exactly like in UC3), though I guess if you didn't finish 1, you might not have been aware that they got together in the first place. In my view you weren't meant to be sure whether they were married or not until the end of UC3 when you saw that Drake also had a ring. Up until then it could have only been an engagement. It was part of the storytelling in UC3 to discover that they had been married.

Couple of questions about multiplayer. I skipped the beta so this is all pretty new to me:

1. Every now and again something pops up saying something is "30% complete" etc. Is this how you upgrage things and if so do you have to get it to 100% in one match or is it cumulative.

2. Do you get anything for high fiving when the blue thing appears?

1. Every now and again something pops up saying something is "30% complete" etc. Is this how you upgrage things and if so do you have to get it to 100% in one match or is it cumulative.

2. Do you get anything for high fiving when the blue thing appears?

1. Those are your boosters being upgraded and you don't have to do it in one match, it's cumulative. Though there are also pop ups tracking your progress if you are doing missions (you wager some of your money for a cash reward if you can fulfill the mission criteria, for example getting a certain amount of kills, specific medals, etc.), those have a time limit of 35 or 45 minutes, but i think what you are seeing is the former.

2. You get a medal that counts towards your kickback and a small amount of cash.

gdt

Yea ok. It's fucking ridiculous how many bullets you need to pump into someone ... And it just froze on me. I'm done

I love the high health in MP. Really gives you time to formulate a plan under fire.

Come on, shit freezes sometimes (I've played 35hours of MP, and it froze once), get back in there!

baekshi

Banned
I love the high health in MP. Really gives you time to formulate a plan under fire.

Come on, shit freezes sometimes (I've played 35hours of MP, and it froze once), get back in there!

After having 60 hours in, I finally froze for the first time yesterday twice.

It wasn't once, but twice... in one day. So I just gave it a rest for the day.

btw is this happening recently?

Facism

seriously high hp in a game with no dedicated servers and a decent amount of lag is a godsend. It allows players to actually climb around the levels, escape gunfights and heal/regroup and gives an extra incentive to get involved and move around the level.

jett

D-Member
After having 60 hours in, I finally froze for the first time yesterday twice.

It wasn't once, but twice... in one day. So I just gave it a rest for the day.

btw is this happening recently?

The game hangs up on me every now and then. It's annoying. I don't remember this happening with UC2.

TripOpt55

I don't play a ton of multiplayer games and don't really get the appeal of prestiging or whatever it is called in this game. What is the appeal? I assume I can just stay at 75 when I make it there and that is what I'll do I'd think.

jax (old)

Banned
I don't play a ton of multiplayer games and don't really get the appeal of prestiging or whatever it is called in this game. What is the appeal? I assume I can just stay at 75 when I make it there and that is what I'll do I'd think.

there's extra outfits (fattalbot - some negative booster) and I'm sure some surprises lined up for the final tier classes from 75-100

TripOpt55

there's extra outfits (fattalbot - some negative booster) and I'm sure some surprises lined up for the final tier classes from 75-100

So you have to prestige what a handful of times to get to 76 through 100? I did not realize that. Didn't know there were more actual levels.

TripOpt55

Ahhh... okay. Thanks for the info. Will think about. Only 64 at the moment, but not liking the idea of losing some of my unlocks for a bit.

jett

D-Member
Excellent, the game got stuck in the spinning ring loading screen when starting a game.

Don't release unfinished builds again, ND, plz.

BeeDog

shame the patch didn't come out earlier - can't really bothered with this game now. might replay it another time i guess.

The complete silence from Naughty Dog's end (arne where are yooooooouuuuuu) is worrisome. At least they could've commented the patch stuff better than through some (by now false) Twitter posts.

irishcow

Finally finished the game tonight. It was excellent and I give it a 10/10. I honestly don't understand the complaints people have with this game. It was like playing a fast paced action movie the entire time. The graphics and animations are up above and on par with the best and I've played everything, high end pc and all.

No problems with the aiming either.

People just need to enjoy games on gaf and stop nit picking.

ismaboof

Just finished SP. I completely agree with the AV Club's review.

The number of times I made the right jump but Drake just didn't grab onto the ledge was way too high for a AAA game. The aiming is worse than UC1. I tried a couple times to be stealthy but was caught because an enemy wasn't completely finished his "get ready to lean against his 1/2 wall" animation. And then thugs come out of every hole. Getting locked into a hand-to-hand fight and then someone throwing a grenade right next to you is no fun.

That said, the set pieces were pretty cool. I just don't understand how people can take a shit on Modern Warfare for being a dumb corridor shooter that relies on set pieces while loving Uncharted, which is now a formulaic killbox shooter that relies on set pieces.

And after walking for two days in the desert with no food or water and stumbling into an enemy camp, how is it Drake can magically run and climb and shoot and punch people in the face? Uncharted is trying to be a movie, but that is a pretty big leap of disbelief for me.

Gyrian

GGs earlier today with W0W and Derek, we were damn close to clearing Monastery in Crushing.

In one attempt, there were 3 minutes or so where no one popped up to fire at the statue.
We were doing well, statue still had 3 life blocks, Pak80 brute was dead; then suddenly an armored RPG turned up and finished off the blasted thing in less than 10 seconds.

The whole setup is unfair, but with patience and little luck, I know we'll knock it out.

On a different note, MP characters.
I knew I'd seen credits for Pinkerton and Rika in the end roll, so it pretty confirms that we'll see them at some point.

But, who the hell is Roberto Guerro?

PEEtN.jpg

Andrefpvs

GGs earlier today with W0W and Derek, we were damn close to clearing Monastery in Crushing.

In one attempt, there were 3 minutes or so where no one popped up to fire at the statue.
We were doing well, statue still had 3 life blocks, Pak80 brute was dead; then suddenly an armored RPG turned up and finished off the blasted thing in less than 10 seconds.

The whole setup is unfair, but with patience and little luck, I know we'll knock it out.

I knew I'd seen credits for Pinkerton and Rika in the end roll, so it pretty confirms that we'll see them at some point.

But, who the hell is Roberto Guerro?

PEEtN.jpg

Oh crap, maybe it's a Golden Abyss spoiler!

seriously high hp in a game with no dedicated servers and a decent amount of lag is a godsend. It allows players to actually climb around the levels, escape gunfights and heal/regroup and gives an extra incentive to get involved and move around the level.

Except it becomes a hipfire-melee fest because they didn't put enough stopping power in the guns.

Dibbz

I think I read somewhere that they couldn't get Pinkerton and Rika into the game because of some problems with the models or something. Not sure if there was a problem last minute or something and they pulled them or they done it to hold them for some DLC.

I think I read somewhere that they couldn't get Pinkerton and Rika into the game because of some problems with the models or something. Not sure if there was a problem last minute or something and they pulled them or they done it to hold them for some DLC.
Probably dlc for those you get a golden abyss copy on PSN or something .

I have no need for them as i don't know them (yet)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Probably dlc for those you get a golden abyss copy on PSN or something .

I have no need for them as i don't know them (yet)

Pinkerton and Rika (Eddy Raja's
____sister_____
) are from the motion comic Eye of Indra they released around the same time U2 came out. The U2 version of their skins were included in the comic bundle.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
There is nothing more funnier than taunting over someone's dead body with the "Heart U" taunt.

It looks so fucking ridiculous and hilarious that it never ceases to make me laugh just to hear someone's reaction to it. :lol :lol

I LOVE the Loser taunt too, but it takes FOREVER for the animation to finish so I hardly use it. You can't cancel out of it either, which kind of sucks.

There is nothing more funnier than taunting over someone's dead body with the "Heart U" taunt.

It looks so fucking ridiculous and hilarious that it never ceases to make me laugh just to hear someone's reaction to it. :lol :lol

I LOVE the Loser taunt too, but it takes FOREVER for the animation to finish so I hardly use it. You can't cancel out of it either, which kind of sucks.

The Denied Taunt seems to really piss people off. Ive done it a few times and have heard people just go off on the mic. Too damn funny especially if you get a lucky kill and then do it lol.

Top Bottom