• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Chinner

Banned
after playing it, i'd probably just wait it out tbh. with naughty dog saying it'll be a big patch i'm hoping it'll fix some other issues in the SP apart from aiming and motion blur.

Aeonin

Is it worth waiting or should I just play through it? I'm itching to play it.

After playing it, I'd wait as well. You'll get the best first experience you can get if you wait.

Otherwise, expect graphical oddities (due to no motion blur) and aiming that fights against you.

While I LOVED the game itself, I'm getting a little annoyed by the cheap DLC stuff. Overall it's a more bare-bones package. I mean, all those extra skins came with the game in UC2 (until they started adding in guest characters from other series). You also had the weapon unlocks in single player, which were great fun to replay sections and just blow stuff up with a rocket launcher. No such thing, but I could bet anything that it will be released as a DLC. And after only having played multiplayer a few hours, I'm already seeing the same levels repeating over and over. How many are there in total? Airport, train station, molten temple, construction site, bluish industrial area... which ones am I missing?

And of course, online pass doesn't get any favours from me.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
SiegfriedFM said:
While I LOVED the game itself, I'm getting a little annoyed by the cheap DLC stuff. Overall it's a more bare-bones package. I mean, all those extra skins came with the game in UC2 (until they started adding in guest characters from other series). You also had the weapon unlocks in single player, which were great fun to replay sections and just blow stuff up with a rocket launcher. No such thing, but I could bet anything that it will be released as a DLC. And after only having played multiplayer a few hours, I'm already seeing the same levels repeating over and over. How many are there in total? Airport, train station, molten temple, construction site, bluish industrial area... which ones am I missing?

Weapon unlocks won't be added to SP. Arne said they had trouble keeping the unlocks in SP cause it was too buggy so they pulled it.

As for maps, there's 5 Co-Op Adventure maps and 11 competitive maps atm (
Yemen, Desert Village, Syria, Airstrip, Chateau, London Underground, City of Brass, Museum, Facility, Molten Ruins, and Highrise
). U2's Ice Cave and Fort have been confirmed to be in the first DLC pack and there's been several other maps that leaked during the beta that we have no details on but will probably be released via the DLC packs (
Dry Docks, Shambala [Lost City], San[ctuary?], Train Wreck, Treasure [Temple?], Village, Warzone [Plaza?]
).

Mikey Jr.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

I thought for sure FAL-SS was unlocked at level 40. I was struggling with everything else. I loved the fal before I legacied. Get to level 40 and.....kal-7.

FUCK. Got to go up another 10 levels now. Dammit.

Airport, train station, molten temple, construction site, bluish industrial area... which ones am I missing?

You are missing a lot actually From high rise to chateau .With yemen and that map in ICE with the boat ( forgot the name ).
Oh another, the desert village.. and i probably forgot one.
Dammit syria is there too .that's 5 more ! at least ..

Online pass isn't great but uncharted 3 did it pretty well .

the characters DLC in MP are cheap ..and that's why you should just costumize your character with the regular unlocks and be done with it .

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The only one that has the most voice work is Flynn. His new lines are incredible! The rest of the other characters don't have that many new lines, unfortunately.

Xun

I may just start the game.

We have no timeframe of when the patch will be out, and I'm not prepared to wait a week or two to start it.

Since I like to take games slowly I probably wont get that far before the update comes out, at which point I'll continue the rest with it patched.

jax (old)

Banned
http://twitpic.com/7ik5eq

some sort of blue toy. limited ed. 100 pieces with DLC.

Awesome Rare (100 pcs) blue Nathan Drake vinyl available from @ESCtoy http://www.esctoy.com/ @ 12am on Nov 25 #fb

15288_medium.jpg

17152_medium.jpg

ugly though.

Dizzle24

Finished the game yesterday. Sad to say, this game is forgettable. I've played, replayed and replayed again UC1 and UC2 at least 5 times each.
The ending was "meh" and the lack of campaign unlockables is really holding me back from playing this again.
I'm sad to feel this way about an Uncharted game, but this one did nothing for me :/

Xun

The game is great so far! Visually it is as stunning as always.

The aiming isn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting, sure it's not as good as it previously was but I was expecting far worse. It'll be patched soon enough anyway.

Also I'm 25% through the game apparently, and I believe it said I was clocking in at about an hour. Is the campaign short? I've just reached
France.

hamchan

Weapon unlocks won't be added to SP. Arne said they had trouble keeping the unlocks in SP cause it was too buggy so they pulled it.

As for maps, there's 5 Co-Op Adventure maps and 11 competitive maps atm (
Yemen, Desert Village, Syria, Airstrip, Chateau, London Underground, City of Brass, Museum, Facility, Molten Ruins, and Highrise
). U2's Ice Cave and Fort have been confirmed to be in the first DLC pack and there's been several other maps that leaked during the beta that we have no details on but will probably be released via the DLC packs (
Dry Docks, Shambala [Lost City], San[ctuary?], Train Wreck, Treasure [Temple?], Village, Warzone [Plaza?]
).

As someone who actually bought the season pass I sure hope they just aren't recycling all the UC2 stuff :-/

Skin packs are recycled and now the first map pack is recycled too apparently. I've only played the first co-op adventure map and that's just a recycled level from UC2 too.

Massa

The game is great so far! Visually it is as stunning as always.

The aiming isn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting, sure it's not as good as it previously was but I was expecting far worse. It'll be patched soon enough anyway.

Also I'm 25% through the game apparently, and I believe it said I was clocking in at about an hour. Is the campaign short? I've just reached
France.

You're very early in the game.

matmanx1

I actually thought the game started out kinda slowly but since hitting Chapter 13 I've been nothing but thrilled. I figured out that the gameplay really doesn't shine until the difficulty has been ramped up and they are throwing everything at you including the kitchen sink to try and kill you.

Then it gets hectic, chaotic, brutal and fun as you punch, kick, shoot and grenade your way through each encounter. Oh and it's still a gorgeous game even without motion blur. I can't comment on the story front yet but gameplay wise I am finding U3 to be more fun than U2.

Not as much as you might expect.
I was pleasantly surprised to hear a good number of voice samples newly recorded for U3 with them.

You've misunderstood me . They are IMO cheap in teh sense that you can have a very awesome Online experience without them ..it's not a requirement

EDIT : forgot to add .

I finally got you Monastery co-op !!!
Protecting teh statue was a real pain but it's done ( oh yeah )

Mikey Jr.

There needs to be some sort of hint about king of the hill. People are CONSTANTLY capturing it, then running off. They don't understand that you get points for standing inside it.

One teammate stood 1 foot off the hill shooting people. They probably aren't doing it on purpose, I'm not sure there is any other game that does king of the hill like that.

Gyrian

Got worse after you left. Been said before, but fuck plunder on Syria. Seriously...

Goddamn. One of the worst Plunder matches I've played since U2.
The community regularly complains about Plunder spawns, but there's really no denying it with Syria.

Heroes have a spawn point literally in front of the Villains capture point.

It's ming-bogglingly broken that this spawn regularly drops Heroes in batches of three's with the Villains team right there, mid-fight, AND the idol sitting right downstairs.
It frustrated everyone on our team last night to the point of raging. Just my own I had that happen several times as I was running on that upper ledge towards the chest.
BAM. Suddenly, a new batch of heroes appearing right on my face. Plunder as a stalemate lasting tens of minutes is seriously a drag.

So, how has this been playing recently?

Rather well, the above excluded. Join back up, sir, we miss your Micro support. :3

You've misunderstood me . They are IMO cheap in teh sense that you can have a very awesome Online experience without them ..it's not a requirement

Sure, it's optional, but also rather nice to have the entire series cast running around like an all-stars MP.
I can almost sum up the U2 online experience with Flynn's "eeeencoming!". Great to have him back, and full of new lines, too!

moniker

I got this yesterday, and yeah, you guys weren't kidding about the aiming... How this got through QA I will never understand.

Dynedom

*sigh*

I was 2 Medic medals away from Regeneration Level 2 on Co-Op. All of a sudden, the game thinks I'm back at 7 to go. Considering how retarded it is to unlock the higher levels of Boosters already, this is unforgivable. Also had a coop adventure where my crosshair disappeared. Made me useless for pretty much useless for the rest of the misssion (which we didn't finish).

I haven't run into bugs in SP but I seem to be getting my lion's share in MP.

matmanx1

Just finished the single player. I think that for pure fun factor it's the best in the series. Yes it may be light on story details, especially as it pertains to Marlowe and Talbot, but for me that is forgivable in light of how good the rest of the game is.

The graphics are the best in the console world (and indeed rival the PC in some ways) and of course the overall production values are top shelf. Some of the more dynamic scenes in the game actually had me giggling with glee at what I was experiencing and were certainly up there with the best stuff in U2.

I thought the overall tone of the game felt darker than previous entries and while I'm not sure I liked that side of it I was having so much fun "doing" and "seeing" that I didn't really stop to think about it overmuch. I did, however, appreciate the closer focus on the relationships between Nate, Sully and Elena. I will at least give the storytelling props for that.

I've said it before in this thread but the new melee system is a blast. Mixing up the gunplay with melee is so much more satisfying in U3 and I actually did not get "combat fatigue" like I did in previous entries in the series where by the end of the game I was really tired of the enemies. I actually wanted more goons with guns and more playtime which I think is the best thing you can say about a game at the end of the day. "I played it, I had a great time, and I'd like to play more." That pretty much sums up Uncharted 3 for me.

Xun

I'm surprised just how mediocre the
visuals look outside of the Yemen airport. The textured mountains in the background are weirdly very low. It's not a problem at all, but I just thought it was strange to see in this essentially flawless franchise.

leng jai

I'm surprised just how mediocre the
visuals look outside of the Yemen airport. The textured mountains in the background are weirdly very low. It's not a problem at all, but I just thought it was strange to see in this essentially flawless franchise.

UC3 is nowhere near as consistently good looking as UC2. The high points are higher though.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I finally got you Monastery co-op !!!
Protecting teh statue was a real pain but it's done ( oh yeah )
Congratulations! I'm curious to read how you beat it!

Somnium, I'm sorry I didn't join your Plunder game yesterday, but after reading the replies here that it was in Syria I'm glad I didn't join. I would have fucking raged so hard. That map is seriously the WORST fucking thing in the world for Plunder. It's broken and unfair. No joke.

---

I like the new stats page.

I played through 2 hours of the game last night (
from the end of the boat scene - where the water starts coming into the ship - to the desert scene where drake finds the city in the sand and starts fighting the guys in the collapsed city

The difference about this play through was that I was getting to play the game in 3D on my new Panasonic 3D Plasma for the first time... and OH MY GOD, I was not a fan of 3D, or a 3D convert before this, I always felt that I could FEEL the flicker of the shutters in front of my eyes, but this made me become TRANSFIXED.

It FELT like I was there... the water, the water felt real, like I could reach out and touch it and splash it... and
the room with the big glass wall with the water filling up on the outside... I have never seen anything like it before

Then, many other moments that you might be able to imagine between then... such things that have thrilled me like never before. I woke my brother in the middle of the night with shreaks of pleasure - he came to my room wondering if I was having some sort of nightmare...

Imagine his dismay when he walks into my room and see's me sitting on my bed wearing my 3D glasses and my Wireless Surround Sound Headphones with the most crazy gawky geeky eyegasm smile on my face ever... God Damn what a sight that must have been - he's not much of a geek himself, but he pissed himself at the sight. Can you imagine?

I didn't even know I was making noises!!! I don't usually make noises when I play games...

darkwing

I played through 2 hours of the game last night (
from the end of the boat scene - where the water starts coming into the ship - to the desert scene where drake finds the city in the sand and starts fighting the guys in the collapsed city

The difference about this play through was that I was getting to play the game in 3D on my new Panasonic 3D Plasma for the first time... and OH MY GOD, I was not a fan of 3D, or a 3D convert before this, I always felt that I could FEEL the flicker of the shutters in front of my eyes, but this made me become TRANSFIXED.

It FELT like I was there... the water, the water felt real, like I could reach out and touch it and splash it... and
the room with the big glass wall with the water filling up on the outside... I have never seen anything like it before

Then, many other moments that you might be able to imagine between then... such things that have thrilled me like never before. I woke my brother in the middle of the night with shreaks of pleasure - he came to my room wondering if I was having some sort of nightmare...

Imagine his dismay when he walks into my room and see's me sitting on my bed wearing my 3D glasses and my Wireless Surround Sound Headphones with the most crazy gawky geeky eyegasm smile on my face ever... God Damn what a sight that must have been - he's not much of a geek himself, but he pissed himself at the sight. Can you imagine?

I didn't even know I was making noises!!! I don't usually make noises when I play games...

I have to agree, 3D in this game is amazing, dat water

Somnium, I'm sorry I didn't join your Plunder game yesterday, but after reading the replies here that it was in Syria I'm glad I didn't join. I would have fucking raged so hard. That map is seriously the WORST fucking thing in the world for Plunder. It's broken and unfair. No joke.

Tell me about it. There wasn't anything we could do. We would clear out the entire team just to have them spawn at our treasure chest. Naughty Dog really just needs to make maps that are for Objective type modes only, and maps for TDM types only. If you're not gonna do that, then at least test out the fucking maps you have first so it doesn't turn into a cluster fuck.

Hey guys, can anybody help me with this situation?

I bought the Fortune Hunter's Club and for some reason, I can't rate it in the PSN Store because it says, "Only those that have purchased this item can rate it". Well shit, I did purchase it, what is going on?

Also, after I bought it, it put like 20 items in my download list (characters and the theme) but it wasn't very clear as to how the additional content will work - said something about a sort of icon that will appear on my XMB to download new content? Should I be expecting something convoluted here?

Thanks!

Top Bottom