• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

hao chi

I just ran into that hacker who's video was posted on this thread right now. So glad to see he hasn't gotten banned and is running around freely with infinite rocket launchers and hammer shots. He didn't have infinite health since he was killed and team killed.

At the very least this part is cool. I love when people team kill cheaters.

smik

I had fond memories playing Uncharted 2 multiplayer and having recently played U3's mp i can see the huge set back, is it me or is Uncharted 2 multiplayer way more enjoyable just on gameplay,maps and design aspects?

after playing U3 then switching over to 2, i can see the huge difference just in how maps play out and the overall fun and feel of the gameplay are vastly different.

jett

D-Member
I had fond memories playing Uncharted 2 multiplayer and having recently played U3's mp i can see the huge set back, is it me or is Uncharted 2 multiplayer way more enjoyable just on gameplay,maps and design aspects?

after playing U3 then switching over to 2, i can see the huge difference just in how maps play out and the overall fun and feel of the gameplay are vastly different.

OG UC2 multiplayer is definitely more enjoyable than UC3. As it currently stands though it's pretty much unplayable crap to me. I'd rather play UC3.

smik

OG UC2 multiplayer is definitely more enjoyable than UC3. As it currently stands though it's pretty much unplayable crap to me. I'd rather play UC3.

Thinking about getting the U3 GOTY version as the DLC for U3 is a ridiculous cash grab, Was having alot of fun with U2's mp i ended up buying the DLC map packs...fuck, theres no one playing them :(

Question: is there a season pass for U3? i cant find it on the PSN store

jett

D-Member
Thinking about getting the U3 GOTY version as the DLC for U3 is a ridiculous cash grab, Was having alot of fun with U2's mp i ended up buying the DLC map packs...fuck, theres no one playing them :(

Question: is there a season pass for U3? i cant find it on the PSN store

I think the season pass was available for a limited time only. Don't bother with the UC3 DLC anyway, made up of UC2 maps and crappy new maps.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Agreed. As much as this game irks me sometimes I'd rather play UC3 over current UC2's state. Hell, I'll take UC3 over Camp of Us MP.

smik

is anyone playing U3's DLC, are matches easy to find?

Playing in the U3's orginal maps are pretty bad, especially the roof top one ugh.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
TDM, Plunder, Team Objective, co-op arena are all populated playlist that you can find games in very easily through DLC if you're playing alone. When you party up, it may take a little longer to find a match since you can't late join like you can as a lone wolf. I will say that you are more likely to run into parties of five in the DLC pool which could potentially sour your MP experience since like 99% of them will use nothing but the cheapest load outs and tactics to achieve victory.

IMO the stock UC3 maps are good enough for me that I really don't miss playing on the DLC pool especially since it's more laggy for me there...

smik

TDM, Plunder, Team Objective, co-op arena are all populated playlist that you can find games in very easily through DLC if you're playing alone. When you party up, it may take a little longer to find a match since you can't late join like you can as a lone wolf. I will say that you are more likely to run into parties of five in the DLC pool which could potentially sour your MP experience since like 99% of them will use nothing but the cheapest load outs and tactics to achieve victory.

IMO the stock UC3 maps are good enough for me that I really don't miss playing on the DLC pool especially since it's more laggy for me there...

thanks for letting me know,

the only reason why i was thinking of getting DLC is the U3 OG maps dont really play well compared to 2, i saw a GOTY version for $25 which also comes with all DLC (U2 maps) and extras.

Kinda Dissappointed the current DLC map packs are highly priced and the season pass is not available anymore, might just skip U3 all together if U2 starts playing up online

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
If you can still tolerate UC2 then go for it. I can't anymore.

This game is just too fun and much better IMO.*

*except in co-op

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
GGs tonight haochi. We didn't lose a single match!

We faced off against a party of four who one their members had a lag switcher for the whole match. People getting head shot from stupid locations. It was 2-2 and we made it into deathmatch and we STILL fucking won. What a fucking garbage party. Even while cheating they still lost. :lol :lol :lol

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I was JUST about to post that! lol

If he's referring to completely removing the leaderboards from the game altogether? Yes please.

Maybe people will finally fucking stay in matches and not give a fuck about their win/loss ratio, or their KDR.

oh, who am I kidding. Try hards are still going to try hard and do that shit.

Still, this is a step in the right direction even if it's two years late. Hopefully they don't put ANY leaderboards if they ever do another MP game. They are always guaranteed to ruin everything. They shouldn't include stat cards either. Make it like Uncharted 2 where you had to sign up to their website to view your stuff or something.

Eric-ND said:
While you're leaving us some "about time" or "geeesh you guys are slow" comments please vote here:
They are COMPLETELY justified comments, Eric.

I want to tell him to register on GAF. Talking to him on the forum seems pointless to me since he's never there. then again, he will probably bust an arne and run away.

EDIT:

You can vote every single time you visit that link. WTF :lol

:naughtydog'd

wow, it doesn't work anymore. I switched browsers (was using Chrome).

I'm not sure if they're serious about it or not this time around. They've hinted at a LB reset over 1 year ago as well.

For all I know, it could be yet another PR stunt to show that they "care" about the community and this old game.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Their leaderboard "fix" or whatever they were trying to do last time was a joke. You were erased from the leaderboards if you didn't play, but the instant you played a match you were put back in.

I can't tell if they're serious about this either. Seems like another PR stunt to try to get the community involved and then nothing comes from it. Remember that thread where they asked for people's information about their internet connection to try and prevent lag!? Yeah, pointless.

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/LAG-We-need-your-help/td-p/38865873

hao chi

GGs tonight haochi. We didn't lose a single match!

We faced off against a party of four who one their members had a lag switcher for the whole match. People getting head shot from stupid locations. It was 2-2 and we made it into deathmatch and we STILL fucking won. What a fucking garbage party. Even while cheating they still lost. :lol :lol :lol

Those games were so good. Winning against cheaters is seriously the best thing ever, and them being in a party just made it even sweeter. It was kind of disappointing though, because at first I gave the cheater the benefit of the doubt and assumed he was an excellent and/or lucky sniper, but it turns out that wasn't the case, and I rarely really get to face any good snipers.

But yeah, we don't ever really lose unless we get split-screeners or other equally useless teammates, and even then we can still often squeak out a win.

solid mike

I think pairing Uncharted with LBP was a good idea.

DUALPACK_BestHitCollection1_3DBOX.jpg

At this point in the game's cycle, it doesn't matter what route they take. Personally, I'd like them to remove the leaderboards altogether.

Xdye7

So the poll has jumped to 50/50 (yes/no) overnight, after being roughly 65/35 the whole time. Somebody really cares about their stats lol.

GRIP

I just don't really see the point in getting rid of the leader boards if they aren't going to get rid of stat cards as well. Most people who look at the LBs probably only glance at the first few pages to see who is on top (or to keep track of their KD), and after that no one really cares. All the people running around with alts. that have 5-6 KDs aren't doing so because of their position on the leader board (most I run into are non-legacy and don't have more than 3-4k kills), but so people they play against can see there fake numbers in the pre-game lobby.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Stat cards should have been private from the start.

Btw sorry for signing out haochi and Mono. It wasn't my intention. I had a slight emergency scenario where I had to be somewhere fast for someone.

hao chi

Stat cards should have been private from the start.

Btw sorry for signing out haochi and Mono. It wasn't my intention. I had a slight emergency scenario where I had to be somewhere fast for someone.

It's cool. I was starting to get tired anyway.

I hope everything is alright.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Me, Xdye, and my buddy nVice had some of the best fucking matches in TO of all time. We faced off against a party of five who had some pretty good stats in the Airstrip. The first two objectives we got destroyed I kept thinking inside my head it was pointless since we were 2-0 and our two randoms weren't exactly contributing that very well in terms of clearing out enemies... But then the third round happened. We won it. Then the fourth objective came and we also took that round and forced the match to go into Deathmatch. It was a pretty close call (like a two kill point difference) but we fucking took Deathmatch and won. We made an epic comeback and won the match! Needless to say the other party was pissed. Two of the members kept going on and on about how it was possible for us to win if all of us went negative while they were positive. It was so fucking great hearing their bitter tears.

So the match ends and it drops all players in matchmaking. We renter to search again and guess what? We pick up the same party. At this point I'm like, "fuck" because it was once again 5 vs 3 and our two randoms in Desert Village. This time though I made a loadout specifically suited for their play style. Since all they did was blindfire all the time (M9, Para, M9 ROF) with Cloaked and used Quick Boom I said to myself why not return the favor and equipped the KAL with Cloaked and QB. This time it was a back and forth win for every round. It went into deathmatch once again. The difference this time was that we all played it smart in deathmatch and took a major lead in points unlike the previous round. We got like 8 kills while they only got around 3. Our randoms were really smart not to go into the wild by themselves too and both our teams were in the top portion of the Desert Village too. So fucking good.

God, I love it.

Thanks for making it awesome dudes. Best feels good moment I've had in a while.

eloestmn

Two of the members kept going on and on about how it was possible for us to win if all of us went negative while they were positive.

I loved those kind of matches. Plenty of times I would end up with an awful k/d 6 and 15 11 and 30 15 and 40, shit like that all because I would go for the objective. Plus Ive never cared about my KDR so I had no problem sacrificing myself to make sure we kept the treasure, hill, or zone. Id have 250 to 300 objective points each match and lead my team to victory but still get sweated in the lobby by the losing team. How do you do so bad, bro and still win? Id usually remind them that we were playing objective and not deathmatch, which would for some reason make them rage.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I loved those kind of matches. Plenty of times I would end up with an awful k/d 6 and 15 11 and 30 15 and 40, shit like that all because I would go for the objective. Plus Ive never cared about my KDR so I had no problem sacrificing myself to make sure we kept the treasure, hill, or zone. Id have 250 to 300 objective points each match and lead my team to victory but still get sweated in the lobby by the losing team. How do you do so bad, bro and still win? Id usually remind them that we were playing objective and not deathmatch, which would for some reason make them rage.
100% fact. And I know for sure since I used to play against you all the time back in the day. I'm the same way too. Don't care about my KDR. I'll sacrifice myself to stop the other team from capturing hills or getting points.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I can't stop fucking laughing. I've been laughing for like two minutes. I sign into PSN and got notified of two messages. They were friend requests. The thing is that one of them was from Ibiza Twist. :lol :lol :lol

DENIED.

Xdye7

I can't sign into PSN for some reason and all my shit is legit so I don't know what the fuck is the problem.

Edit:

Bleach if you are reading this, what you wanna do is delete your PS3's DHCP reservation from your router. You should be able to do this by accessing your router's GUI through your browser. Just match your PS3's IP and MAC addresses to the one you're gonna delete.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Fuck you Naughty Dog. Fuck you for never fixing party splitting. Every single time I'm always the one getting party split to the worst fucking teams ever. I'm partied up for a reason.

Xdye7

Agreed. Party leader is always the person that gets split btw.

I love how ND gets endless feedback from the community but uses it for absolutely fuck all. Truly astonishing.

hao chi

HOLD IT!

Maybe if you were taking about you and everyone else that needs to play in a party or else they don't touch the game at all.

Step yo game up.

U3 is too boring solo. I need the lulz that comes from the chat room, especially your bad taste in games.

TAKE THAT!

Top Bottom