• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Holy shit :lol

Wait, it's only the SP? What. That makes no sense. Do they not want people to play Blindfire 3? Getting the platinum will be impossible.

They should have included the level unlock from the F2P version for all Plus members.

Xdye7

Holy shit :lol

Wait, it's only the SP? What. That makes no sense. Do they not want people to play Blindfire 3? Getting the platinum will be impossible.

They should have included the level unlock from the F2P version for all Plus members.

Looks like you're stuck with disc based MP lulz

Pretty ridiculous they didn't include the entire thing. I would have loved to have had the full multiplayer on my HDD without it being half-assed.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You gotta love the matchmaking in this garbage game. I'm a lone wolf and I get paired up against a party of five and who are my team mates? Nothing but fucking F2P noobs. Fuck this shit. Two fucking times in a row. The other party aren't even good. Sigh.

This game should be renamed M9 3: Para 9 Drake's Blindfire

There is no variety. FFS.

Xdye7

Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago, except I got two pairs of F2P splitscreeners. I was more amazed at the fact that two people actually bought the splitscreen functionality add on.

GRIP

So yeah.... On Monday I had three games where I was 19-0 and didn't get a Rampant on any of them. THREE FUCKING GAMES with only one kill left and no rampant. For the first time ever I wanted to break my controller.

Guess what? TLOU is plagued by the same issues (no loading, disconnections caused by host XMB sign outs etc.)

Good thing I'm going to rent it tomorrow and if it's worth it, I may buy a used copy.

jett

D-Member
Guess what? TLOU is plagued by the same issues (no loading, disconnections caused by host XMB sign outs etc.)

Good thing I'm going to rent it tomorrow and if it's worth it, I may buy a used copy.

Single player alone deserves a purchase for TLoU, I'm 10 hours into it, just fucking flat out spectacular game design. No barely interactive set piece bullshit in here. I'll say no more.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
:lol :lol

Thankfully I'm buying it for the SP only. I've seen almost all of the MP footage people have been uploading to YouTube and for the life of me I don't see what's so interesting about it.

Me and a friend played Uncharted 2 MP yesterday and it's amazing how fucking good it looks. Puts UC3 and TLOU's MP's graphic to utter shame.

I thought that TLOU didn't support 3D... but then again, some UC3 MP skins (Nathan, Sully, Salim) have high quality textures & many polygons.

GRIP

Are you guys buying this digital tonight or waiting for the disc? I thought I could hold off for the disc (I'd prefer to own a physical copy), but I caved and bought it on PSN a few hours ago. I'm on the East Coast, so I have a to wait till 3am to start my download. Luckily no work for me tomorrow, but I'm not gonna start playing tonight. I'll just let it DL in full through the night so it's all good to go when I get up tomorrow.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Well my PS3 has decided that it won't read my UC3 copy anymore and when it does, the audio gets cut off from everywhere and when I finish a match, it freezes. Tried deleting the game data, loading up another game and then UC3 and nothing. It's just this one because every other game works fine for me. I had the same problem for UC2 for a while...

Currently downloading the F2P version. I'm so pissed.

Edit

After countless times of trying it, it finally worked and I didn't get any audio issues. Thank god. I'll still keep the F2P version just in case...

The Boat

Hope this hasn't been answered but I didn't want to scour the thread and get spoiled, I'm downloading this right now, do I need to download the 3D movies and 2D movies?

jett

D-Member
UC3 MP is officially abandoned. I got told by a ND dev that "TLOU is priority for now".

Welp. I guess the lab will stay the way it is, just like Uncharted 2.

It was fun, sort of. Kind of. Sometimes.

I've played a couple of matches of TLoU MP and it's certainly not a UC replacement. I plays absolutely nothing like that, actually reminds me more of Socom than anything else. I still don't get how all the mechanics work, the whole week system is weird and unexplained. I'm not sure what I'm doing, even. :p Listening mode is most definitely OP in MP though, range is bigger than in SP.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It reminds me of Socom too. The MP is trash to me. UC3 despite all its problems is 100x more the multiplayer TLOU wishes it was. You get variety in UC3 and all you get in TLOU is elimination and a variant of it. Fuck that.

Xdye7

I don't think TLoU MP was of any significant priority to ND. There was no beta or anything, it's like they didn't care how it worked and they put it in just because they could.

Now they have feedback threads on the PSF so they can read them and laugh their asses off just like for U3's feedback.

"Sorry, but it doesn't fit our vison of the multiplayer experience" aka we only have these to seem like we care, we do what we want; thanks for the 60 bucks and go fuck yourself.

Jrmint

Finally got around to beating the single player.

So much fun.

Some of the fights were really cheap and frustrating, but either way an amazing ride. I hope it doesn't take too long for the next chapter.

Is there anywhere to download all that art they show in the credits? Would love it for wallpaper.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Someone had posted the same thing on the official thread. Dead body glitch was the first thing that popped up in my head. Incredible! Thankfully I'm not bothering with its garbage MP.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
"Final" themed DLC:

It’s nearly the summer solstice and we’re going to bring the cycle to a close on a happy, historical note. Our final themed DLC drop includes items for our Ancient theme. These will be available via the in-game store or the PlayStation Store over the coming week globally! Purchase the Ancient theme bundle to get the exclusive Egyptian Mask for Chloe.

We will be cycling tournament prizes as the year rolls along but now the Ancient theme Tournament rewards can be earned. On the Bronze and Silver tiers, you can earn the Circuit Gun and Circuit Shirt as Tournament rewards. If you reach the gold tier you can unlock the cool looking Sully Tengu mask. The Raptor Mask for Drake and Dive Helmet for Talbot are achieved by reaching Platinum status. Buy tickets to enter into the weekly Tournament and earn access to those items to show off your multiplayer skills.

Check out UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Free-to-Play FAQ for answers to your questions about UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Free-to-Play.

We look forward to playing with you more online in the coming months. No promises but we’re going to regroup and see what else might be possible to add to the multiplayer as well.

See you online!

7bTdT2M.jpg

big LOL @ the bold.

UC3 had a good run, guys.

BTW, I sure love to scroll ENDLESSLY to the bottom of the long gun selection thanks to those tournament guns which I have no interest in whatsoever, ND.

I want my rare treasure weekend. The Copper Newari Figure was so rare the first time (pre-EULA). If I just had that treasure again... maybe I'd play frequently with a bit more optimism. Hunter fucking blows (playing it regularly is shit, solo is shit, good partner is shit, farming is shit, everything about it is shit!). :(

Xdye7

big LOL @ the bold.

UC3 had a good run, guys.

BTW, I sure love to scroll ENDLESSLY to the bottom of the long gun selection thanks to those tournament guns which I have no interest in whatsoever, ND.

They'll keep updating UC3 after TLoU, just like they did with UC2 after UC3...

and lol at the old tournament guns still there, you can't even unlock them anymore

I want my rare treasure weekend. The Copper Newari Figure was so rare the first time (pre-EULA). If I just had that treasure again... maybe I'd play frequently with a bit more optimism. Hunter fucking blows (playing it regularly is shit, solo is shit, good partner is shit, farming is shit, everything about it is shit!). :(

Is that your last treasure? I've gotten it multiple times. I'm down to play Co-Op btw, I'll try to get on more. If I'm playing a different game, feel free to message me (if it's Netflix or LBP it's most likely not me though lol).

GRIP

Checked the leaderboards for TLOU MP for the first time tonight and, well.... I guess I'm not really surprised who was in first place. Fucking Ibiza Twist must be a really lonely person. Even has a YT video bragging about being #1 in TLOU after 5 days of the game being released.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Checked the leaderboards for TLOU MP for the first time tonight and, well.... I guess I'm not really surprised who was in first place. Fucking Ibiza Twist must be a really lonely person. Even has a YT video bragging about being #1 in TLOU after 5 days of the game being released.
:lol

He needs to find a girlfriend soon, lol.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So TLOU is getting a Mercenary playlist, something that we couldn't get in UC3. Shame. Hopefully for the next Uncharted game we'll get a Mercenary playlist, at least for TDM. Or just bring back Mercenary TDM in the Lab again for a while.

Also, gotta love how active Evan and everyone else are in the TLOU forums. They'll quickly disappear within months, just like they did with UC3.

Xdye7

Because the player pool is so much bigger, right?

I watched some gameplay and the MP looks like shit. There's no way it could have more players. I wonder what ND would say their reasoning was if they still gave a damn about UC3.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Okay I'm having a problem. It appears that I'm losing treasure set pieces out of nowhere. Elena's GMAL appears locked for me and it says I'm missing one treasure piece. What the fuck is this shit, Naughty Dog. I've had that set complete since the fucking beta.

Top Bottom