• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Xdye7

Treasures so rare, you lose them after finding them.

"You can purchase it from the PlayStation Store to solve the issue"
- Eric-ND

jett

D-Member
Because the player pool is so much bigger, right?

I watched some gameplay and the MP looks like shit. There's no way it could have more players. I wonder what ND would say their reasoning was if they still gave a damn about UC3.

There's already over 500k players in the leaderboards. MP is actually pretty awesome once you get the hang of it, it's decidedly different from anything else.

Also, gotta love how active Evan and everyone else are in the TLOU forums. They'll quickly disappear within months, just like they did with UC3.
Too bad people that have no experience from the Uncharted MP forums know nothing about that pattern, lol!

Okay I'm having a problem. It appears that I'm losing treasure set pieces out of nowhere. Elena's GMAL appears locked for me and it says I'm missing one treasure piece. What the fuck is this shit, Naughty Dog. I've had that set complete since the fucking beta.
Some friends of mine have the same problem. It's a new bug.

There's already over 500k players in the leaderboards.
And how many of those are alts and people who played the MP once and then abandoned it?

This is why we need a player count, just like in UC2 MP.

GRIP

And how many of those are alts and people who played the MP once and then abandoned it?

This is why we need a player count, just like in UC2 MP.

I really don't think there are a ton of alts playing the game right now. I mean, this isn't the kind of game that creating an alt for your own purposes means much (especially this early on in the games' life cycle). Unofficially, the game sold 1.3 million copies over it's first weekend, and it seems like a lot of people are enjoying its MP. Getting 500k to join in on the MP isn't that surprising. And like you said, a lot of them might never touch it again.

Edit: Player count would be a nice addition.

I think that most people bought it for the SP alone. TLOU is even more SP-centric than Uncharted 2 & 3, considering the fact that they didn't advertise the MP (betas, promotions etc.) this time around.

Izick

Random question, but I'm at the
boat junkyard level right after being tied up in a chair and having to fight a bunch of pirates hand-to-hand
and I wanted to know how far I am in the game, or at least how much of a chunk of the game I have left.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I ran across an ALT account that was named cog (like Robert Cogburn's PSN name) with a few numbers after and he messaged me saying, "let me teach you the ways of the iron fists!" and his profile says I <3 blindfire. I fucking laughed for ten minutes.

Manu

Random question, but I'm at the
boat junkyard level right after being tied up in a chair and having to fight a bunch of pirates hand-to-hand
and I wanted to know how far I am in the game, or at least how much of a chunk of the game I have left.

About 70% I'd say.

Xdye7

I ran across an ALT account that was named cog (like Robert Cogburn's PSN name) with a few numbers after and he messaged me saying, "let me teach you the ways of the iron fists!" and his profile says I <3 blindfire. I fucking laughed for ten minutes.

LOL

I wonder who it was

Zertez

Sorry couldnt find the UC2 thread, it appears buried now. I have troubles with audio and video during cutscenes for all Uncharted games. If I skip the cutscene in UC1, and then watch from the main menu it works fine, but during playing the game it is unwatchable. Any idea the cause of the problem?

I have cleaned the file system and os for the PS3 and the disk are brand new, so I know that is not a problem with the disc. I dont have any problems playing other games, it is just the Uncharted series so far. The digital version of UC3 doesnt seem to have the same problems, the video slows a little, but the audio is fine and there is no stuttering. The main reason Im asking is because I have a copy of the Last of US ready to go, but I dont want to open it and I cant play it do to technical problems.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Do you have an older PS3 model? I've read about people having the same problems like you with the older models. Hell, I have a Slim and I've had audio issues but only in the multi-player. Deleting the game data usually fixes it for me..

Zertez

Do you have an older PS3 model? I've read about people having the same problems like you with the older models. Hell, I have a Slim and I've had audio issues but only in the multi-player. Deleting the game data usually fixes it for me..
I have a PS3 slim 160gb model. Think that is the older model of slim. It is strange because it doesnt happen with all games, just for a few games mainly ND titles. I was going to use MGS4 since it is heavy on cutscenes, but it installs huge parts of the game and it didnt have any problems.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I have a PS3 slim 160gb model. Think that is the older model of slim. It is strange because it doesnt happen with all games, just for a few games mainly ND titles. I was going to use MGS4 since it is heavy on cutscenes, but it installs huge parts of the game and it didnt have any problems.
Yep UC games (UC2 and UC3) give my 120GB Slim problems for me too. I think since they're dual layered discs, it struggles to read them due to the lenses...every other game works fine for me but the Uncharted games just tend to fuck up on me the most. It's either due to the lenses or it could be a hard drive problem for me in my case. I'd want to say lenses though...

TLOU worked pretty good for me. I only had four freezes compared to god knows how many in Uncharted. No audio problems either.

Zertez

Thanks for the replies. I really want to play the Last of Us, but not if the game is a mess on my system. I would rather save the money to buy a new ps3.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Would you guys recommend picking up the GOTY edition?

I have the original version and I just recently REALLY started getting in to the multiplayer. Would it be worth it to trade in my OG copy and pick up a pre-owned GOTY copy? Are the DLC maps/skins worth it?

EDIT: Also, is there a way to check on the multiplayer what treasure sets I've completed and the progress of others? It's hard for me to figure out what I've unlocked once I completed a set.

jett

D-Member
Would you guys recommend picking up the GOTY edition?

I have the original version and I just recently REALLY started getting in to the multiplayer. Would it be worth it to trade in my OG copy and pick up a pre-owned GOTY copy? Are the DLC maps/skins worth it?

EDIT: Also, is there a way to check on the multiplayer what treasure sets I've completed and the progress of others? It's hard for me to figure out what I've unlocked once I completed a set.

Uh, all the of the GOTY stuff is PSN codes, if I'm not mistaken. How would yo know the the codes in the pre-owned copy are still valid? :p

I would say that the DLC is not worth it. There's plenty people that play without DLC. You'd be paying for 8 maps from UC2 and four new maps(that are actually kinda crap).

Bucca

Uh, all the of the GOTY stuff is PSN codes, if I'm not mistaken. How would yo know the the codes in the pre-owned copy are still valid? :p

I would say that the DLC is not worth it. There's plenty people that play without DLC. You'd be paying for 8 maps from UC2 and four new maps(that are actually kinda crap).

Apparently all the DLC is on disc from doing a little GoogleFu. Ah well, thanks for the input. Will decide on it later.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm a hardcore player and I also don't think the DLC is worth it. Well, it depends. If you're a competitive person, it's OK since you won't run into brain dead players that much since there's more "experienced" players in that pool. but you'll also be running into parties a lot more and will experience more rage quits from other players since they're all about conserving their lol stats. For me personally, I've experienced more lag in the DLC pool than in the default pool. If you're going to be playing as a lone wolf (by yourself without partying up), you'll find matches pretty quickly in the DLC pool. If you party up with people, it'll take longer to find a match in the DLC pool than it does in the default pool.

If you're a co-op person, I think it's worth it since you'll get map variety and from my experience, people tend to vote for Crushing a lot more than the default pool and know how to handle it.

I've had to uninstall my DLC and I don't miss it.

Bucca

I'm a hardcore player and I also don't think the DLC is worth it. Well, it depends. If you're a competitive person, it's OK since you won't run into brain dead players that much since there's more "experienced" players in that pool. but you'll also be running into parties a lot more and will experience more rage quits from other players since they're all about conserving their lol stats. For me personally, I've experienced more lag in the DLC pool than in the default pool. If you're going to be playing as a lone wolf (by yourself without partying up), you'll find matches pretty quickly in the DLC pool. If you party up with people, it'll take longer to find a match in the DLC pool than it does in the default pool.

If you're a co-op person, I think it's worth it since you'll get map variety and from my experience, people tend to vote for Crushing a lot more than the default pool and know how to handle it.

I've had to uninstall my DLC and I don't miss it.

Ah okay thanks. Was just considering it for all the maps from UC2, but guess I'll pass on it for now.

jett

D-Member
Most of the remade UC2 maps in UC3 are total downgrades to their UC2 counterparts anyway.

They don't work as well as they did in UC2 either because of the increased game speed.

I played some UC3 games earlier today, two years later and I still can't believe what a disgrace the pistole is. This is the only weapon in UC3 that ever needed a buff.

Rare drop weekend until Monday July 8th! Hope they forget about the deadline for this like the cash event so it goes on even more. :p

It’s almost time for fireworks in the USA and we wanted to celebrate with a couple blasts of our own. We’re kicking off the inaugural The Last of Us Supply Drop event AND we’re holding another Uncharted 3 Rare Treasure Drop event!

The Uncharted 3 Rare Treasure Drop event applies to both co-op and competitive game types. We are feeling generous so if there are any treasures you’ve been hunting for this is the time to get online and earn them.

Both events will run starting now until Monday July 8, 2013 at 12:00 GMT.

On the Uncharted 3 front, we’ll be revising the Lab calendar and rolling out some more lab maps in custom games in the coming months. Today we’ve changed up the Lab playlist to have different Lab Maps. We’re also looking through our archives to see what else we might be able to get out there for you. For the record, Lab Dodgeball is here to stay.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_supply_drop_and_uncharted_3_rare_treasure_drop_july_4th_even/

I pray to the Multiplayer Gods I can finally obtain the damn Copper Newari Figure.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Lrn2notreset, PS2.

Hahaha kidding. Hopefully they'll make it permanent so that people have a better chance of actually unlocking stuff. I understand all the frustration when it comes to the co-op treasures. It's almost impossible to complete all sets without having to grind your ass off in that mode. Hell, it took me to the third (?) treasure drop weekend to finally complete my sets and it was through Hunter Arena that I managed to complete it. Make it permanent ND. your DLC trophies for completing all treasure sets is BS and almost impossible without this rare treasure drop weekend and you know it.

And woo-hoo Lab Map 1 returns. I love that map!

Eleuin

So I've been playing tlou mp but I jumped back on U3 to play with a friend.

Can I just say that I miss the subway beta :( and the summer beta of U2 even more lol

I'll never get the top hat for suited drake...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Subway Beta? Man, that beta was a piece of shit. The current state of UC3 is 100x better than it was during that awful beta. If you were talking about the summer beta however, THAT is a different story.

Summer beta > current UC3 > Subway Beta

I suggest you play Hunter Arena so you can unlock the Top Hat. All the "rare" treasures seem to be there and you'll waste less time than if you play co-op arena. Hunter might be terrible, but it really does contain all the missing rare pieces to complete sets. It's the only way I've managed to complete all of mine.

Rewrite, play legit Hunter with me or farm. :p

I was playing it by myself last night and I definitely got way more rares than my Arena sessions. There was one game where I assume the opposing team and my partner were farming each other. Kinda joined in on it, but got annoyed, so I scored to end the game early. teehee.

Xdye7

Are the drop rates any good? Currently playing the GT6 demo but I would be down to play Co-Op with you guys, so feel free to message me if I'm playing a different game. Doughnut Drake would be nice to have ;D (or any new arena/hunter sets).

Xdye7

image.php

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The most hilarious glitch happened tonight. There was two fucking idols in Treasure Hunter and both would give out points :lol :lol :lol

HeelPower

Guys someone help please..I GOTY edition and I don't know how to unlock the content..is it already on disc ? The code is only for online pass.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Saw a glitch tonight where a dumb legacy 5 level 75 was glitching throughout the whole map in Facility. He went through walls and everything. It's almost like he could walk anywhere he wanted and on air...

The absolute worst part is that the beginning of the cinema file doesn't show how he does it. When it finally loads his view point, he's already outside the map doing impossible shit.

Xdye7

Saw a glitch tonight where a dumb legacy 5 level 75 was glitching throughout the whole map in Facility. He went through walls and everything. It's almost like he could walk anywhere he wanted and on air...

The absolute worst part is that the beginning of the cinema file doesn't show how he does it. When it finally loads his view point, he's already outside the map doing impossible shit.

Can you see it with the free cam?

Yeah, it's CFW 4.46 and the best part is that he can change his console's serial number with a special software.

Ugh, what the shit. And here I thought we'd be safe from online cfw cheating, but looks like it'll be another Mario Kart Wii experience if this hack spreads (yay..... :/).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I was going to ask why bother hacking a two-year old game, but then I realized that now is the best time to do it since it's been abandoned by Naughty Dog. They likely won't do anything about it or SONY.

I hope Sony gets serious in banning people just like Microsoft has done with XBL for PS4. This is unacceptable in many levels.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I just ran into that hacker who's video was posted on this thread right now. So glad to see he hasn't gotten banned and is running around freely with infinite rocket launchers and hammer shots. He didn't have infinite health since he was killed and team killed.

Top Bottom