• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

I'm kinda broke, I'm thinking I will try to rent it from a redbox until I can purchase a full version. Is there an online pass I gotta enter?

Coen

Finished the campaign earlier today and loved it, especially the middle chapters. Was watching some of the 'making of' bonus content and saw a dude with a t-shirt that said:

Nate&
Sully&
Elena&
Chloe.

so aweome! Is it for sale somewhere?

gibration said:
All those pre-order bonuses are unlockable in-game, right?

I believe so.

I already have all the Amazon ones from the Subway MP.

roman2003h said:
Did anyone hear anything about the codes promised in summer beta with special unlockables?

Emails should be sent out today, is what was on the official forums.

VanWinkle

I have to go to work, so I can't play the game. :( My fiancee and I each picked up a copy at Wal-Mart a little while ago. I could have played for about 45 minutes but it wouldn't be worth it. Tonight, it is ON.

EloquentM said:
I don't mind the fist fights, at all. Good lord the water in this game is obviously conjured up through.black magic.

Ha it truly is. You know ND is confident since they use it so much. Absolutely gorgeous stuff going on.

EloquentM said:
I don't mind the fist fights, at all. Good lord the water in this game is obviously conjured up through.black magic.

I do, especially with the brutes, the sad thing is on Hard if you don't have a shotgun to aim for their head, you HAVE to fight them.

And about the AI , i'm not sure if they are smart or just stupid. One point you can see them get out the open or take the wrong cover but then they flank you and use a bit of strategy in the big encounters. Especially in the fight before
you enter the ship

Zombie James said:
Well, my order still hasn't shipped yet but they've charged my credit card anyways, and getting the game late defeats the purpose of pre-ordering.

do what everyone does and just order from Amazon. It's always on time, typically towards the end of the day, but still release date delivery.

RDreamer

oh my god... AGH! I just spent a ton of time taking out every guard, painstakingly doing things not to get caught. Then I'm coming on the last one and drop down to what looks like a ledge in every way shape and form, and fucking die! And have to redo it all... fuck.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
WTF, I swore I chose Release Day Shipping, as I always do with Amazon, but my order says Standard Shipping and that it won't arrive until 11/7-9. This is extremely shitty, is there anything I can do? I was actually charged extra for this.

They won't let me cancel, so I'm screwed. Instead of playing it today, I'll be playing in 6-8 days. Fuck.

Chapter 12 and 13 are the best so far. Those are the ones that feel like Uncharted to me so far. From 11 up, the game gets so much better, the pacing of the earlier chapters was just ... i don't know but it didn't feel like an Uncharted game to me.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Interesting, whats with all the mixed reviews on the aiming?

Did they add the whole autoaim/snap-to-enemy aiming? In the MP, this was apparantly a problem with the Sniper Rifles...here is the video on it from the MP thread.
It feels like it sometimes. I'm playing it on Hard and the cursor seems to move slowly at times when you're aiming at the enemies. I can still aim pretty good, but it doesn't feel as precise or tight like in Uncharted 2. I'm going to fully raise the sensitivity bar. I had raised it a little bit, but didn't bother to test it while maxed out. Will do when I get home.

Loudninja

RDreamer said:
oh my god... AGH! I just spent a ton of time taking out every guard, painstakingly doing things not to get caught. Then I'm coming on the last one and drop down to what looks like a ledge in every way shape and form, and fucking die! And have to redo it all... fuck.
That sound great. :p

Luthos

BruceLeeRoy said:
Ha it truly is. You know ND is confident since they use it so much. Absolutely gorgeous stuff going on.
ffffuuuuuu- why am I in this topic?

Still waiting on my Amazon order...

I received the game today, and after playing for an hour and a half i got to the
chateau, 23% already finished
. The graphics are amazing, but i am not liking the game much yet.
I tried to check the streets of Columbia instead of following Sully, but the game did not let me. It´s shame it´s so restrictive.

Not gonna use it yet, but will be listening to the cd:

468feeff.jpg

Couldn't say no to amazon's price for it ($18.99)

TheExodu5 said:
So, compared to Uncharted 2...what's the verdict? Solid improvement?

Kind of a back and forth actually.
-Set Pieces, Visuals, Characters are a natural beautiful step forward.
Melee
Is kind of a step down in all regards. It does some interesting stuff but ultimately I think it detracts from the game rather than enhances it in any way.
Combat
-There are some great things with the combat. I love that you can chuck grenades back if you time it right and its pretty bad ass punching a guy knocking his gun in the air hitting triangle at the right time grabbing the gun and shooting the next guy. Unfortunately though the actual aiming seems really off at times.

Puzzles
-Better in absolutely every way.

Characters
-Best villain yet in my opinion and I think this is my favorite story though I agree that the pacing makes it difficult at times to know what it going on or to remember why you just ended up somewhere.

Visual
-Better than absolutely anything available right now and by a pretty large margin.

Anyway I could give UC2 a solid 10/10 and UC3 is a 9/10 for me.

Square Triangle said:
The wife has me mowing the lawns and putting up closet doors today. Today. The day of Uncharted 3.

DO NOT EVER GET MARRIED GUYS.

I completely feel you on that. Hence why last week I called in sick while my wife was at work. You got to do what you got to do baby!

Nephix

Are the "hidden" codes on walls and stuff supposed to be used for something? I found a 21-character one just now.

Maybe it's just me seeing things, but it seems really out of place.

Edit: Actually nevermind, the characters can be seen pretty much everywhere so I doubt it's anything out of the ordinary.

lucius

The Starhawk beta code I got with U3 keeps saying invalid, is that because it is not active yet?

I just started a game in Hard with no hints

Ricky_R

BruceLeeRoy said:
Melee
Is kind of a step down in all regards. It does some interesting stuff but ultimately I think it detracts from the game rather than enhances it in any way.
Combat
-There are some great things with the combat. I love that you can chuck grenades back if you time it right and its pretty bad ass punching a guy knocking his gun in the air hitting triangle at the right time grabbing the gun and shooting the next guy. Unfortunately though the actual aiming seems really off at times.

Puzzles

Characters
-Best villain yet in my opinion and I think this is my favorite story though I agree that the pacing makes it difficult at times to know what it going on or to remember why you just ended up somewhere.

Visual
-Better than absolutely anything available right now and by a pretty large margin.

Pretty nice impressions... My Drakes 3 is riding my glove compartment right now. I shall play it tonight.

lucius said:
The Starhawk beta code I got with U3 keeps saying invalid, is that because it is not active yet?

I don't know when that beta starts, but I'm 100% sure it won't work now.

thuway

BruceLeeRoy said:
Melee
Combat

Puzzles

Characters

Visual

I completely feel you on that. Hence why last week I called in sick while my wife was at work. You got to do what you got to do baby!

Its the other way around for me. A true sign of a great franchise.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
I could have sworn I preordered this. But it turns out I didn't.
So I just ordered it. Just in time for next day delivery!

See you all on the other side, bros.

Varth

ApolloJoh said:
I'll give mine away too.

Interested, if it's still available. I suck at multi, need all the help ^^'

EDIT: still can't get a solid proof about UK version being multilanguage. Can someone provide a BLES code and confirmation?

Ricky_R

Loudninja said:
Just got it off to play now :)

I actually feel happy for you. You seemed kinda desperate.

BTW is anybody here desperately interested in a Resistance 3 online pass? I'm sure it would be smarter to offer this in the R3 OT, but what the hell.

thuway

BruceLeeRoy said:
You mean score wise? You would give 10/10 to UC3 and 9/10 to UC2?
Yeah I can completely see people going either way with it.

Yessir. I felt the story, the set pieces, and the overall game came together so well. Some of the environments reminded me of places I've visited in real life. It was a true work of art.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
lucius said:

I just started a game in Hard with no hints
Yup, it'll keep spitting out that error code until they flip the switch on them.

Top Bottom