• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Loudninja said:
I didn't know you can throw enemies, I am looking at the manual.

One pretty bad ass thing you can do is if your rushing a guy with a weapon you want and you engage him in melee. If you hit triangle after your K.O. hit, you will catch his weapon as it flys into the air.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Dialog in this game is even more well written then UC2. Is this real life? The characters are so believable. I Love the banter between
cutter and everyone. Lol he looks like a brute but he's definitely intelligent.
also chapter 8 where you have to
fight cutter was pretty cool. I was mashing that circle button thinking I'd be able to get out of that choke hold.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So, at this point, it's fully confirmed that motion blur is simply absent from the game then? I was hoping it might have been an issue with earlier review code, but it seems like it's missing for everyone.

I wish there were some way to bring this to the attention of ND. Maybe push Eurogamer to say something as they're tech analysis should point out this flaw.

Anteater

Chapter 11 looks great, yeahh, and I'm kind of getting used to the slow aiming.

I totally forgot you could zoom with R3 for 10 chapters.

EloquentM said:
Dialog in this game is even more well written then UC2. Is this real life? The characters are so believable. I Love the banter between
cutter and everyone. Lol he looks like a brute but he's definitely intelligent.
also chapter 8 where you have to
fight cutter was pretty cool. I was mashing that circle button thinking I'd be able to get out of that choke hold.

Yeah the banter is so natural it makes me think a lot of that has to be improvised. The voice actors are clearly really having a great time together.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
BruceLeeRoy said:
Yeah the banter is so natural it makes me think a lot of that has to be improvised. The voice actors are clearly really having a great time together.
definitely improvised. Did you catch that
kitty line Nolan threw in there when talking to cutter in chapter 8?
definitely LOL worthy.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
grendelrt said:
Your amp is using HDMI for audio right? If you are using Optical leave it bitstream. LPCM, DD HD, and DTS Master are only HDMI audio only. Optical can support PCM but its only 2 channels, so bitsteam is your only 5.1 solution if you are using optical to the amp for sound.

Yes i am running through hdmi. i will make your changes later tonight. thanks for the advice ;)

kx11

Banned
how many treasures did you guys get after your 1st play-through ?? i got 52

also this line is awesome

" well well well

heh that's cute

why?!

cause it's a well ? "

you'll laugh when you reach it

Holy crap my local Bestbuy sucks soooo much. I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition quite some time ago. They never got any in. Thing is I put down pretty much all of it on it. So I can't just buy a regular edition.

I even had the day off work for some random floating holiday. Booooo...

finished my first playthrough on hard, this is easily with Dark Souls the game of the generation, no doubt, when the credits started rolling I stood up in front of my 3D Bravia with my 3D glasses still on and started applauding, clapping and shedding a little tear, my sister was like wtf are you doing, I don't care, Naughty Dog, thanks for this gem.

FHIZ

Okay, after all the crazy set pieces in the first two games and what is sure to come in this one, I've just gotten through the opening arct of the game, and a small little split second character moment might have beaten everything as my favorite Uncharted moment.
the Chloe Sully fist bump after Sully shows up Drake with script knowledge. PRICELESS

grendelrt

sara_is_anxious said:
finished my first playthrough on hard, this is easily with Dark Souls the game of the generation, no doubt, when the credits started rolling I stood up in front of my 3D Bravia with my 3D glasses still on and started applauding, clapping and shedding a little tear, my sister was like wtf are you doing, I don't care, Naughty Dog, thanks for this gem.

Have you tried both 2D and 3D? I think I may go 3D but would like to hear some experiences with it.

sara_is_anxious said:

This is a fantastic visual.

pharmboy044 said:
Tell me about it. I can't do any work right now. Can't wait to pick this up.

Its time for you to develop a tummy ache my man.

Oneself

dark10x said:
So, at this point, it's fully confirmed that motion blur is simply absent from the game then? I was hoping it might have been an issue with earlier review code, but it seems like it's missing for everyone.

I wish there were some way to bring this to the attention of ND. Maybe push Eurogamer to say something as they're tech analysis should point out this flaw.

Waaaiit... you mean, the characters' motion blur that was present in every preview codes or just the background/fast camera turning motion blur????

Or both!??!

(I can't see it myself because Futureshop has fucked up my order)

Just got up to chapter 16 , the ship level was awesome .
Man i so used seeing that stuff in movies but when you playing a game with it , it seems unreal.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
klownboots said:
Holy crap my local Bestbuy sucks soooo much. I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition quite some time ago. They never got any in. Thing is I put down pretty much all of it on it. So I can't just buy a regular edition.

I even had the day off work for some random floating holiday. Booooo...

You can't cancel that preorder, get your money back, and buy the regular edition?

Solo

sara_is_anxious said:

Your sister sounds like the sane one.

Loudninja said:
I really like the new melee combat.
Personally, I think it's very boring. It's more of a QTE than anything. And ND's over-reliance on it in many big gun-battles pretty much breaks the AI. This along with a couple of new animations; it's nice that they added things but it just makes the game feel clunkier than UC2.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
sara_is_anxious said:
I thought people were silly when they clapped in the movie theater lol…

But, your enthusiasm is infectious.

I'm so sick of UPS not making delivery because no one's home. It seems completely random what shipments require signatures and what don't. I ordered a $300 TV stand last week and they left it at my doorstep. They come with a $60 video game today and won't leave it there...something they've done numerous times in the past.

I took tomorrow off work so I could freakin' play all night...now I'm going to have to wait until the next delivery attempt. Fuck UPS.

Coen said:
Finished the campaign earlier today and loved it, especially the middle chapters. Was watching some of the 'making of' bonus content and saw a dude with a t-shirt that said:

Nate&
Sully&
Elena&
Chloe.

so aweome! Is it for sale somewhere?

Go to customink.com and make your own. Looks like Helvetica Bold. :)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yay, I've overcome my Amazon ordeal. It's not coming until next week, but my local rental place had ONE copy in today. So it looks like I will be playing Uncharted 3 tonight, fuck yeah! I'm not returning it until my copy arrives in the mail, don't give a fuck about late fees. (i know no one cares but i had to share anyways)

cajunator

Banned
I like the Desert theme that plays after the main theme.
Expected, but it does set the atmosphere up well.
OK, start button, activate!
Hope this game is good.

TripOpt55

I took the night off from work last night (asked for it off I mean) so I could get this at midnight and play all night. I finished this afternoon. I really loved it. I am not sure if I like it or 2 better. They have different balances where I can appreciate both for what they are. I think maybe I could decide after another playthrough though. One thing this game definitely does better is the puzzles. I always got the idea ND didn't care to do much with the puzzles because they want to keep the pace high, but they did some great puzzles in this game. Can't wait to replay it and play more multiplayer. Back to work tonight unfortunately :( It was a great day though!

Hyuga

Banned
sara_is_anxious said:
Yep, for most of the part ;D I did the same thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeUYzDgs498
Can't stop hearing it ^_^

solarus

Played the game for an hour, love it! Biggest surprise for me (since I was kind of on a media-blackout) is the addition of split-screen Co-Op! Thank you based Naught Gods.

thetechkid

Scheduled Delivery: Tuesday, 11/01/2011, by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)

I'm in school from 2-10, TIME TO SMASH EVERYTHING IN THE FACE!

Top Bottom