• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Gafapastismo said:
Are you serious? IGN gave a 10 in graphics a lot of games with worst graphics than Uncharted 3

The graphics review scale is pretty out of whack. Alot of games didn't deserve 10s on graphics and the ones that did, didn't. Oh well. I personally wouldn't start assigning 10s for graphics until the very end of the generation. UC3 definitely is the best graphics wise right now. It's just I'm more annoyed that they apparently can't find absolutely anything wrong with the game. It was less of a review and more of a reaction post.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
FYI people hating on IGN's 10...

"IGN defines a 10.0 -- a masterpiece -- as "the pinnacle of gaming, a masterpiece may not be flawless, but it is so exceptional that it is hard to imagine a game being better.""

Sounds like the score may fit, I'll make a judgement after playing.

Dragon

Banned
Jarmel said:
The graphics review scale is pretty out of whack. Alot of games didn't deserve 10s on graphics and the ones that did, didn't. Oh well. I personally wouldn't start assigning 10s for graphics until the very end of the generation. UC3 definitely is the best graphics wise right now. It's just I'm more annoyed that they apparently can't find absolutely anything wrong with the game. It was less of a review and more of a reaction post.

I'd say that isn't a terrible way to review graphics. How else would you rate them without a time machine?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
KingK said:
Eh, that Eurogamer review was kinda shitty. The whole thing read like "This game is unparalleled as a linear game experience, but it's not risky and it's a linear game. I don't like linear games. 8/10." I hate when linear game design is used as a criticism.

edit: It's also odd, considering they gave UC2 a 10/10. Different reviewers I guess?
Yep it was. Anyways its cool. Gamers will decide after playing the game, whether it deserved an 8 or not.

delta25

Banned
Gravijah said:
so a reviewer isn't allowed to have an opinion? his score has to be in line with the metacritic score? what's the point in even reviewing a game, then?

i don't see what's so strange about that.

Sigh, I don't this you understanding what I'm trying to say. It's all fine and dandy for him to have his opinion, but after reading his review the game is no less then a 9 based on what I read, yet he decides to give it a 8. As I said, It seems like a lame attempt at getting some extra hits.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Good morning you sexy mofos. Glad to see the game getting some decent reviews. ND must be a bit sad at the lack of 10s though. ;p
Uncharted <3

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Jarmel said:
That review had some serious hyperbole in it. You mean to tell me that the game has absolutely no fucking flaws? 10 on graphics?
fCGmT.png

Always expect a 7 or 8 from Edge or Eurogamer. Ain't no thang.

Gravijah

Jarmel said:

graphic scores should be based on what is possible now not what is possible in the future.

Empty

DevelopmentArrested said:
when you say that playstation mini's are more innovative than uncharted 3, it is.

well no he said that you can be imaginative in blockbusters as well as in downloadable and minis and that without that it feels a bit safe and too much like going through the motions. i think it's a legitimate point, not that i can test the veracity of it as i haven't played it, though personally i'm happy with more of the same experience.

Solo

DaBuddaDa said:
Between This, Portal 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Gears of War 3, Batman Arkham City, Battlefield 3, Skyward Sword, Dark Souls, Bastion and Skyrim, this year's GOTY is going to be epic.

You forgot something you ploughing ape!

Coming so soon on the heels of Uncharted 2, there hasn’t been enough time for the strong memories of the predecessor to fade away, to revitalize a story and game format that had so recently been revitalized and reached its apotheosis. Sony’s commercial needs may have motivated such a quick revisit to the franchise but, like Nathan Drake’s long quest to unravel the mystery of his relative, it takes time to appreciate the value of a treasure.

From the G4TV review. Game was penalized cause of U2

DaBuddaDa

Solo said:
You forgot the GOTY (for a number of us) from your list of GOTY contenders: The Witcher 2.
AHHHH fuck yes. Ploughing. Yes. You're right.

Dragon said:
GAF is going to pick Skyward Sword as its GOTY. I don't think there's any question about that.
Yes, I think it's pretty much inevitable. The fight for the number 2 spot will be more interesting to me.

Gravijah

Dragon said:
GAF is going to pick Skyward Sword as its GOTY. I don't think there's any question about that.

batman, dark souls, uc3, bf3, skyrim, dark souls, saints row 3, etc... there's a lot of competition.

but personally, so far, my goty is the binding of isaac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom