• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

test_account

XP-39C²
Damn, i leveled up to level 50 in co-op, then after that i realized that you could use boosters in co-op. I thought those were available only in custom games (as in no match making games) hehe.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Managed to finally get all 3 stars on crushing...

My hate mail has increased tenfold now. It was bad enough before, but now with this crushing badge omg. 😂

What is packet loss?

I have never experienced this, and I keep getting lagged out of games.

Only me and my brother are using the internet.

Is it because my neighborhood is using the internet? They're probably on holiday vacation like me.

3tYEcQT.png

No mysticals/sidecocks, just the M4
(pay2win?)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I maxed out the M4 and I'm happy in doing so because I have no reason to continue using it. I wasn't a fan at all.

That was KOTH?

Speaking of KOTH, not a fan of it in this game. It was way better in UC3 where you'd get points by being inside. Now once it's captured, there's no incentive to stay inside the hill at all. Also, all the mystical/sidekick spam doesn't help to make it enjoyable either.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Why? It's not as good as the UC2 M4 (obviously), but it's a lot better than the HS39...
Disagree with you. The only benefit the M4 has over the HS to me is medium to long range accuracy. Everything else is inferior IMO. M4 needs the clip size mod to make it decent and even then, I'd rather have the HS or the AK.

That was KOTH?

Speaking of KOTH, not a fan of it in this game. It was way better in UC3 where you'd get points by being inside. Now once it's captured, there's no incentive to stay inside the hill at all. Also, all the mystical/sidekick spam doesn't help to make it enjoyable either.
Yeah, that was KOTH. It's the best PvP mode if you wanna level up.

It's not as good as TO, but hopefully they're gonna merge Command and KOTH into TO in the future.

Disagree with you. The only benefit the M4 has over the HS to me is medium to long range accuracy. Everything else is inferior IMO. M4 needs the clip size mod to make it decent and even then, I'd rather have the HS or the AK.
The HS39 has a weird recoil pattern. I think they wanted to nerf it and I still don't understand why... maybe it's overused like the M9, but there are better options out there.

AK is good, but I'm not sure if there's any stopping power left in this game. I've noticed that it's almost impossible to down fleet footers in this game than in the previous iterations. Funny how people called FF lvl3 OP in UC3. The FF weapon mod (lvl1 most likely) is more powerful, since there's no counter this time around.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
When I saw that they were beta testing KOTH, that was also my immediate thought - that ND is testing each objective before they're all added together for TO. I hope so anyway.

I tried out the deagle. It's an OK power weapon, but I still prefer the Barok.

TripOpt55

Played for the first time since Christmas and you can definitely tell some of these players are new. But as much as it is giving me some easy kills and stuff, it is also giving me some all-time bad teammates. It cuts both ways I guess!

Absolutely loving the M4 though. I had pretty much exclusively been using the HS39 (I believe Sully's), but I like the M4 better. Been using the blindifre accuracy mod, but might change when I unlock more stuff. Less LP for it though at the moment, so I have better boosters too.

No Love

Banned
Back to the game after 6 months. Did they finally fix Indra abuse? And mine abuse? I haven't encountered nearly as much of it.

Btw Lock n Load + Scavenger is pretty wild. Still love this game, almost as much as UC2 before ND fucked it completely.

Foxxsoxx

Back to the game after 6 months. Did they finally fix Indra abuse? And mine abuse? I haven't encountered nearly as much of it.

Btw Lock n Load + Scavenger is pretty wild. Still love this game, almost as much as UC2 before ND fucked it completely.

Yep Indras and mines are not nearly as powerful as they were at launch. Indras are still good though, especially in Ranked with teams. It's almost non-existent in Casual though.

Also yeah, lock and load + scavenger + headshot master = maximum uptime for your gear, it's crazy good.

It blows my mind people aren't huge fans of train wreck and village, they blow most maps out of the water for me. They're small and incredibly action packed. The only map in U4 that really feels like it would be a classic to me is River, I think most maps are good but those listed are my god-tier maps. Prison is great too <3

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm kinda bummed my accumulated XP didn't carry over like last time, but at the same time I'm not. Last time when they raised the level cap to 80 I played one match and was instantly made level 80. I'm level 84 atm, but I'm really curious if I would have hit the level 90 cap on day 1. Or how close I'd be to level 90.

Nev

Banned
It blows my mind people aren't huge fans of train wreck and village, they blow most maps out of the water for me. They're small and incredibly action packed. The only map in U4 that really feels like it would be a classic to me is River, I think most maps are good but those listed are my god-tier maps. Prison is great too <3

Well for some reason the stupid notion of "huge maps" is apparently supposed to be a selling point. It never made sense in Uncharted to have big maps, that's why Temple and Museum were the worst maps in Uncharted 2.

Uncharted 3 had sprint so it made sense to have bigger maps (even if it still sucked and maps like Desert Village, Syria, Molten Ruins, Chateau, Graveyard and U2 maps were more enjoyable because they were action packed), however it doesn't make sense whatsoever in Uncharted 4 to have maps as big as Auction House, which is horrible because of this. Spawn on the other side of the map with no sprint. Fun.

As you said River is clearly the best map in Uncharted 4 and the only one that is up there with previous games in terms of good design. I like Rooftops too when the action focuses on the rooftop part, not the inside –which is not too often, sadly.

Sunken Ruins would be good if there was more verticality, and Island and New Devon are alright and somewhat Unchartedesque. The rest are Gears of War trash. Prison should lose half the prison part. It's another example of needlessly big size that ruins the map.

Train Wreck is great because it's mostly the same. Village was ruined because they had to accomodate it to the new sidekrap. As I feared they killed it by making it bigger. It doesn't help that it looks absolutely hideous. Worst looking map in the game by far.

Remnants is complete garbage. The absolute worst piece of shit Uncharted map ever. They seriously should either redesign it or remove it altogether.

I actually enjoy train wreck personally but I can see why a lot of people hate it.

Generally speaking I hate the really long maps that spawn you at the opposite side if you die. There are issues with this as it often creates scenarios where you have to treck across the entire map to get back to your team mates, and also spawns you behind the enemy which is unfair on them. These maps (Remnants, Village and Island in particular) feel incredibly unbalanced in comparison to the rest, and this really comes out in ranked as they end up being camped, with one team locking the other into a particular part of the map.

This is worst on village, as that map only has two spawns, it's very easy to hold mid upper buildings and trap the opposing team into their spawn. On this particular map the maps asymmetry makes this issue even worse, as the team spawning at the bottom of the hill are hugely disadvantaged to those sat around the middle of the map and pressing their spawn. It's unfair and it's not always a situation the opposing team have deserved. You push out to mid at the start of the game and if you lose that first encounter you stand the risk of spawning in a bad spot. It's unbalanced, unfair and poorly designed.

For me the best maps are

New Devon
Auction House
Madagasgar
River
Sunken Ruins
Scottland

Pirate Colony and Trainwreck are iffy, suffering some of the issues I have with Remnants, Island and Village but I really like the aesthetic of these two maps and they do allow a little more freedom with respawning and such that doesn't create quite as many problems as we see on maps like Village.

My worst maps are

Island
Remnants
Village

I've not played Prison in ranked or all of the unranked gametypes yet so not sure what to say about that but I think it's a decent map so far if a bit slow paced affording too many opportunities to conceal yourself behind a wall or so.

Playing on a good or bad map doesn't really affect if I do well or poorly, since it's easy to take advantage of some of the maps issues on maps like Village. While I have struggled on that map before, I've also been in ample where I'm on the team that's spawn trapping the opposing team. The issue is that it's not much fun.

Some of these issues I have don't appear in unranked games. For the most part it doesn't matter to me all that much which map I play in unranked matches like Bounty Hunter since most players don't play the strengths of the map, and in turn the matches never begin to reveal the weaknesses of their design. With that said I still dislike Remnants and Island here just because it takes too long to get from one end of the map to the other and I feel that it results in less action. Village is better here due to the open sightlines.

Dundar

Guys, survival is soooo boring. It's like ND designed it to be played in one way only (M14), camping at the spawn points so that you can 3-stars it as fast as possibile.
No different time for clearing waves in solo mode is stupid, too.

Besides, mystical-powered enemies and AOE attacks are bordeline ruthless, lots of times it's not even your fault for dying (esp in stupid siege waves), and granade spam are beyond excessive. It is doable, sure, but not something I would try again out of fun.
Jeeeesus look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orpFIT4Z3tU&feature=youtu.be

If there's no randomization of waves is basically going through the motions every-fucking-time. It's basically go in, gram M14, go to spawn points, start group shooting. Enjoy if you can.

They had a solid foundation for Survival, one of the best TPS dynamics ever and also best melee by far in a TPS, but I'm afraid to say it's all been wasted away.

Guys, survival is soooo boring. It's like ND designed it to be played in one way only (M14), camping at the spawn points so that you can 3-stars it as fast as possibile.
No different time for clearing waves in solo mode is stupid, too.

Besides, mystical-powered enemies and AOE attacks are bordeline ruthless, lots of times it's not even your fault for dying (esp in stupid siege waves), and granade spam are beyond excessive. It is doable, sure, but not something I would try again out of fun.
Jeeeesus look at this:

If there's no randomization of waves is basically going through the motions every-fucking-time. It's basically go in, gram M14, go to spawn points, start group shooting. Enjoy if you can.

They had a solid foundation for Survival, one of the best TPS dynamics ever and also best melee by far in a TPS, but I'm afraid to say it's all been wasted away.

You don't have to play that way though, you can get 3 stars without doing any of that.

But I do agree to some extent, I think the time focus demands a boring gameplay style. Playing every stage as a speedrun gets tiring after a while, it would be much more fun and varied to be focused on survival and difficulty rather than time. I'm not saying they should get rid of the current speed run mode, but a survival mode where you're rewarded for not dying and the difficulty is upped would be much more interesting to me. Even if one of the stars was for time and the others were for number of deaths, that would be far more interesting.

I think a really cool thing to do would be to add lots of variation then have a weekly or monthly survival where you could play a particular map order designated by Naughtydog. They should also work on getting the bosses working on all of the maps, that would make it seem more varied too.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Agreed on co-op. I liked it at the beginning cuz it was new and the concept of it is still great, but it needs a lot of improvements IMO. I got all the 3 stars in crushing, and I have no incentive to touch co-op again. Nothing changes. It's the same objectives, same siege locations. It's really disappointing in that front. IMO, the stars concept is really flawed as its only a time trial. I have no idea why they also added a leveling system tbh. The previous games didn't have it and it was for the better. A high level player has a huge advantage over a lower level one, and that doesn't sit right with me. It should be an even playing field for co-op. I don't like that they removed my favorite objective which was Gold Rush. Treasure Hunt is OK, but I'd prefer Gold Rush back!

Uncharted 2 co-op is still the GOAT. It was simple, difficult, and was a blast.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the co-op in UC4. It was a very pleasant surprise for me and my friends, but it needs some changes to keep me playing cuz at the moment, nothing makes me want to continue playing it.

Jeeeesus look at this:
What's wrong with the grenade spam? I mean I love it when I'm trying to revive someone and I get 5 grenades thrown near my ass in less than 5 seconds. On top of that, there's no Sure Foot booster in this game, because reasons.

ND sure knows how to make a balanced game, can't argue with that.

but a survival mode where you're rewarded for not dying and the difficulty is upped would be much more interesting to me.
Hardcore sounds like the ultimate challenge... they will probably increase the level cap (60?), along with more unlocks (150% HP maybe).

I have no idea why they also added a leveling system tbh. The previous games didn't have it and it was for the better.

I remember certain people (I think it was AliMakaveli?) asking for a separate levelling system... IIRC, they were arguing that Co-op vets could be PvP n00bs, so having a unified levelling system was "misleading".

A high level player has a huge advantage over a lower level one, and that doesn't sit right with me.
Yeah, this is Uncharted RPG edition. A certain someone plays a bit too much Destiny/The Division and no, that's not a coincidence...

it needs some changes to keep me playing cuz at the moment, nothing makes me want to continue playing it.
Basically there's no incentive to keep playing after you reach level 50/get all the stars.

The fact that PvE one-use boosters are locked behind a paywall is a huge turn off for me... PvP one-use boosters can be bought with 100 relics.

ps: Does anyone know why levels are still hidden in Co-op matchmaking? On the other hand, stars are visible in PvP matchmaking...

Hardcore sounds like the ultimate challenge... they will probably increase the level cap (60?), along with more unlocks (150% HP maybe).

I'm not really interested in playing the same stage format over again though. So unless it significantly switches things up I'm not going to be jumping on hardcore when it launches. I haven't even beat crushing as I got bored of hard.

It's not awful or anything like that, it's pretty entertaining but I can't play it in long sessions like I can with Gears of War's horde mode or Uncharted 2's co-op, specifically because it's not different from one play session to the next. On Uncharted 2 I could play a map one day, then want to play another the next, but I can't do that on 4. I won't want to come back and play the same content on the next day.

Nev

Banned
Well I for one am incredibly surprised that Naughty Dog followed some new gaming fad (RPG-lite shooter garbage like The Division and Destriny) instead of focusing on their own thing.

It was obvious since we saw the health bars that co-op would suck. Pre-made waves of the most bullet sponge enemies ever that drop mystical crap on death. Fun.

Just like Uncharted 2 classic mode is the best PvP, Uncharted 2 co-op is the best co-op mode. You and two more players, 10 waves, increasing difficulty towards the end. Period. No leveling crap, no store bs, no bullet sponges &#8211;enemies have the same hit points as they did in the campaign, even armored goons take 1 shot to the head after dropping their helmet.

Literally all they had to do to create an awesome co-op experience was building upon that great first attempt. Add more waves, more enemies, more everything but keep the core the same. What a coincidence, that's exactly what they had to do with PvP too.

Instead let's add crap and change the core mechanics because some other shitty game is popular at the time. Let's turn co-op into some leveling RPG garbage full of tank-enemies that take several clips to die and make PvP some stupid and weird TLOU variation.

Naughty Dog really are hopeless in regards to multiplayer. They absolutely nail the gameplay only to ruin it by adding crap and making unbelievable changes that no one asked for.

How much time wasted on the completely needless additions like sidekicks and mysticals? Time that could've gone towards making a simple yet fun co-op experience available at release. The time and resources needed to accomodate NPCs and mysticals to every map &#8211;not to mention the whole store/economy/upgrade thing&#8211; must have been enormous, and it's a complete waste and literally nobody in the entire world asked for it. Time and resources better used on perfecting the fantastic U2 classic mode, distributing power weapons, improving the map design, making it simple yet competitive and fun.

Had this been Uncharted 2.5 &#8211;which is what the majority of the player base wanted since Uncharted 2 was released&#8211; it could've been a huge success. Too bad we ended up having some completely different shit and it's beyond salvation at this point. I hope they're not surprised that this is their least popular multiplayer ever. This genius co-op director should just go play The Division and that kind of garbage and stop ruining Uncharted. Cogburn should stop mimicking TLOU and being insecure.

Speaking of TLOU, why was that multiplayer so widely acclaimed? Because it felt like an extension of the single player mode, just like Uncharted 2. On the other hand we have Uncharted 4 PvP and co-op which are nothing like the single player, and that's why it sucks. Why this fact is so hard to understand for the Uncharted multiplayer team is beyond me, but one thing is clear: they ruined this franchise's multiplayer. Uncharted 4 was the chance to create the definitive version of Uncharted multiplayer, finally listening to the long-time fans that wanted an up-to-date, improved version of Uncharted 2 multiplayer. It could've made a lot more new fans, even have a decent competitive scene like TLOU had. Instead... well.

Sad, really.

Well I for one am incredibly surprised that Naughty Dog followed some new gaming fad (RPG-lite shooter garbage like The Division and Destriny) instead of focusing on their own thing.
I'm not surprised. ND has always been a copycat.

Way of the Warrior -> Mortal Kombat
Crash Bandicoot -> Mario 64
Jak & Daxter (open-world platformer) -> GTA3
Uncharted (realistic/cinematic graphics) -> Gears of War
TLOU -> various post-apocalyptic games/movies

They're always trying to capture new audiences (MMORPGs being the latest fad) and at the same time, they wanted to provide some fanservice by rectifying Druckmann's mistakes in the Campaign
(no supernatural enemies & horrible QTE boss fight)

I'm not surprised. ND has always been a copycat.

Way of the Warrior -> Mortal Kombat
Crash Bandicoot -> Mario 64
Jak & Daxter (open-world platformer) -> GTA3
Uncharted (realistic/cinematic graphics) -> Gears of War
TLOU -> various post-apocalyptic games/movies

They're always trying to capture new audiences (MMORPGs being the latest fad) and at the same time, they wanted to provide some fanservice by rectifying Druckmann's mistakes in the Campaign
(no supernatural enemies & horrible QTE boss fight)

I think these are a bit of a stretch. Crash Bandicoot and Super Mario 64 are worlds apart, and even more so are the others. Heck, for TLOU you couldn't even name anything? If anything, TLOU is more like Gears of War than Uncharted is, I guess they're both Gears of War clones then... ugh, this is ridiculous.

I think there are ways in which the co-op could be better but I think the manner in which you and Nev have somehow turned the fact that they used health bars and RPG-lite systems into a suggestion that Naughtydog are somehow ripping off the rest of the industry, is hyperbolic and just plain silly.

There are things I dislike about co-op, but it was still really fun for the 10-20 hours before the repetition set in. It's not a bad offering at all, and although I perhaps like it less than the co-operative modes in the previous Uncharted games, it's still nice to see Naughtydog attempt something different. The bosses and additional mechanics here reflect a decent amount of effort placed into the mode and I certainly appreciate that.

To like something less than its predecessors is one thing but the way you guys, and Nev in particular harp on, you would think Uncharted's survival mode is a horrendous experience. I don't think most people see it that way. In fact, Nev's summary above is the most negativity I've seen brandished at the survival DLC since its launch. I feel that most players will be satisfied with the amount of content, and that for more casual play it's definitely more accessible and fun than the horde modes in games like Gears of War or even Uncharted 2. However it does lack that long term appeal that some clamour for due to the rigid structure of the 50 waves and focus on completing each wave as quickly as possible.

If you dislike Naughtydog games in the way that your posts describe, then why did you buy Uncharted 4? If every Naughtydog game is a 'copycat' of other experiences you've already had, then why waste your time on them at all?

Where did I say that I dislike ND games? Or that being a copycat is always a bad thing? For the most part, they're pretty good at what they're doing.

I'm not stretching anything, they have confessed it themselves:

http://n4g.com/news/849332/naughty-dog-gritty-xbox-shooters-shaped-uncharted

I'm not gonna bother to find more references, since you seem to be rude out of nowhere... Google is your friend, help yourself out.

ps: I'm only representing myself, not Nev or anyone else.

WarWolf

Where did I say that I dislike ND games? Or that being a copycat is always a bad thing? For the most part, they're pretty good at what they're doing.

I'm not gonna bother to find more references, since you seem to be rude out of nowhere... Google is your friend, help yourself out.

That wasn't really confessing taking from Gears, just gritty realistic shooters from Xbox. Uncharted was probably in development as a cover shooter before it could be influenced by that particular game anyway. Also, Gears didn't invent the cover shooter.

Every game is a copycat of something else. Same with movies, books, etc.

That wasn't really confessing taking from Gears, just gritty realistic shooters from Xbox. Uncharted was probably in development as a cover shooter before it could be influenced by that particular game anyway. Also, Gears didn't invent the cover shooter.

Every game is a copycat of something else. Same with movies, books, etc.
I guess you didn't read the link:

https://www.nowgamer.com/naughty-dog-gritty-xbox-shooters-shaped-uncharted/

I was talking about the realistic/cinematic presentation (graphics/setting), not the gameplay (RE4 existed before GoW). There aren't a lot of "gritty" shooter games on XBOX, especially if we are talking about the niche TPS genre.

In case you guys didn't notice, I was disagreeing with Nev that ND started being a copycat recently. ND has always been a copycat following industry trends (fighting games, platformers, open-world, cinematic shooters, post-apocalyptic). Hell, even UC3 MP aimed to compete with the "big boys" (back when CoD was still relevant).

You are either too young to not remember all these stuff or you love putting words in someone's mouth... take your pick.

I've been classified both as a ND fanboy and a ND hater. Kinda like Schrödinger's cat, I guess. Then again, AK had the same treatment by GAF when he expressed his opinion about the Campaign.

WarWolf

I guess you didn't read the link.

No, I did. It didn't mention Gears at all and like I said I'm sure it was well in development to be influenced by Gears.

“It had elements of Tolkien in for sure. Sony kept pushing for a more realistic game in all respects. The market had changed a lot by then. The demographic was older and gritty shooters were really dominating. Sony wanted very much to get into that market share, it pushed all of its developers in this direction.”

I don't think it changed in tone and style within a year of its release.

You are either too young to not remember all these stuff or you love putting words in someone's mouth... take your pick.

I feel like that was the first time I've ever responded to you so I'm not sure what's up with your rudeness.

I'm not arguing against ND not being copycats. I'm saying everyone is.

Sorry it's partially my fault for replying to both you and Nev with the same remark but I do utterly disagree with your assessment of the similarities between Naughtydog's games and other games. Crash Bandicoot for instance, has very little in common with Super Mario 64. So much so that the suggestion makes me wonder if you have played the two games.

While blunt I don't see why my comments were taken as rude, but sorry if it felt that way. The latter two paragraphs were more directed towards Nev, which I did mention in the post itself. I asked why you would play Naughtydog's games as a serious question, because if you feel they simply ape other titles, then why play them at all? Surely you believe even the older titles have considerable content of their own to bring to the table, else you wouldn't have played them, no? I know I don't make a habbit of playing games that I feel are the same as other games but perhaps that's just me.

As for the term copycat itself, it's usually not intended as a positive thing and I'm sure you weren't unaware of that when you used it. To take inspiration from something else is the polite way of saying what you were saying, but you chose your words with a particular intent, and I think that was to frame what I would consider taking inspiration, as something with a slightly more negative undertone.

I think the notion that ND, or everyone else, is copying is true only with the most reductionist of perspectives. Crash Bandicoot is just another platformer, Way of the Warrior another fighting game, Jak and Daxter another open world game. But those are just loose templates, and in that regard, everything is a clone of something else. In either case, with the risk associated with the triple A industry, it's unlikely that you'll see any developer pushing something that hasn't been tried and tested before, unless it's a relatively small production, or sold off of the basis of that novelty (e.g. Dreams). We can't expect a complete reinvention of the wheel every time a new title is launched, and I think it's unfair to demand that.

Played in like months and checked out the new survivor mode. Is it just me or does this feel like a different game? feels like it's locked at 60fps and the graphics are much improved. Was motion blur always in MP?

Rated-G

If anyone's up for 3 starring the lower difficulties, I'd be down for that as I'd like to unlock all the skeleskins. I'm also up for farming Crushing for weapon upgrades.

My PSN is Rated-G, I'm usually on like 11pm-4am CST, and I can do mic if necessary, I've never had to for Uncharted co-op before but I understand if it might be necessary.

If you 3 star Crushing does it override your other achievements and only show the emblem for 3 star crushing? Just wondering. I might skip the others and just do that.

3tYEcQT.png

No mysticals/sidecocks, just the M4
(pay2win?)

Most people in multiplayer matches would allow you to kill them with a wooden spoon if the game would let you. I don't think that merely doing well in multiplayer matches has much reflection on the overall efficacy of a weapon.

I think the M4 is pretty bad, to be honest. Slow time to kill compared to other ARs.

AKyemeni

If you 3 star Crushing does it override your other achievements and only show the emblem for 3 star crushing? Just wondering. I might skip the others and just do that.

Most people in multiplayer matches would allow you to kill them with a wooden spoon if the game would let you. I don't think that merely doing well in multiplayer matches has much reflection on the overall efficacy of a weapon.

I think the M4 is pretty bad, to be honest. Slow time to kill compared to other ARs.
3 star crushing overrides all the others.

Foxxsoxx

Any news, tweets or hints regarding what's coming in future updates?

Nope, they usually stay pretty quiet until new stuff pops up. I wonder what (if) they're cooking up anything big, especially new maps considering the roadmap says nothing about any new ones after Winter.

Really liking how colors make casual clothes for some of the characters out of their prison outfits. Prison Rafe is probably my favorite skin since he has a unique hair style.

SDR-UK

Nope, they usually stay pretty quiet until new stuff pops up. I wonder what (if) they're cooking up anything big, especially new maps considering the roadmap says nothing about any new ones after Winter.

Really liking how colors make casual clothes for some of the characters out of their prison outfits. Prison Rafe is probably my favorite skin since he has a unique hair style.

Have to imagine we're going to get two throwback maps from Uncharted 3. I vote Desert Village (although that may be a little too small) and Syria.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Syria should never return back. Horrible map.

From the base maps, I'd take Yemen and Airstrip.

I'd rather we didn't have any returning maps but if we did I'd like The Lost City.

I'd like it if we could get variants of existing maps, like sandy train wreck, snowy village, and perhaps add some effects to existing maps. How about snowy auction house? Not in place of new maps but just to make things more interesting. Maybe adding a new map plus a variant would help make it seem like we were getting a bit more content.

Ricker

Thread is big so maybe this has been discussed before but I deleted the game from my PS4 when I got the PRO since I was basically finished with the campaign and didnt play multi,I have PS + and the cloud save and all but this morning I reinstalled the game from my disk,I had a 12 GB patch for version 1.19 I think it is now but the game wont start...it stays on the first screen which is basically a wallpaper of Nathan in black and white standing in a forest gun in hand...rebooted,cleaned the disktried 4 times now,nothing,it wont start...

Is this a known thing...? only thing I didnt do is delete and re install...

Ricker

Patch 1.19 not loading the game for some people is a known issue they are still working on...you have to either play offline,which means campaign only obviously,or try a temporary fix,that worked for me anyway...

Foxxsoxx

Have to imagine we're going to get two throwback maps from Uncharted 3. I vote Desert Village (although that may be a little too small) and Syria.

I'd be down for Desert Village if they added more destructible cover like there is on Island. I was always sad they took it out, there was destructible cover in the SP (the red wooden supports) that would have added some dynamic gameplay and much needed color on that map.

I'd totally be down for Yemen, Highrise, Facility, Chateau, or even Flooded Ruins to come back .

uncharted-3-desert-village-shoot-out-1280px-50p.jpg

N.Domixis

Banned
I just now noticed The train wreck has changing weather. The makes it the only other one after The Pirate Colony. There needs to be more.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I played on the same lobby for about 1 1/2 hour with same people for about 96% of the time. At first, everyone almost had a mic and were pretty chill. It was going back and forth between wins and losses. Pretty fun, right? Then someone late joins towards the end of a match and heard the other guys on his team (enemy team for me) make a comment about me saying I was good/decent. Hearing that must have triggered something to this guy from within because after he heard that comment, he went off on me for the whole entire session. Just 1 1/2 hour of nonstop verbal abuse towards me saying I wasn't shit cuz apparently he's played against me before or whatever. I was laughing my ass off the entire time cuz everyone in the lobby was like, wtf is this guy's
problem? Needless to say, he was always against me and although I'd lose, I still would do very good against the enemy team and every time I'd kill him, I would taunt him just to hear him scream at me &#128514;

In the last round, he was placed on my team and was doing horribly. He rage quits after he dies about 4 times not even 5 minutes into the match. The weird part is that after all that shit, he sends me a friend request. WTF. &#128514; i wasn't even on mic for the entire session either.

I'm so pissed that voice chat doesn't record in this game. Fix this, ND. I'd have evidence to report these types of people.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Greetings everyone! We've just launched our latest live update to Uncharted 4 Multiplayer and Survival, including bug fixes and balance changes. Be sure to check it out and keep the feedback coming!

Multiplayer
King of the Hill no longer has treasure pickups
Re-balance of score & cash for King of the Hill
Survival
Survival Weapon balance changes
Decrease Agarwal .40 headshot damage
Increase ARX-160 damage on non-boss NPCs
Increase DSHK (minigun) accuracy, damage and fire rate
Reduce M14 Custom base damage
Increase Mazur LDR base reload speed, zoom in time and clip capacity
Increase Harbinger Sniper base damage for non-boss NPCs
Increase RPG damage
Changed Disciple Boss to teleport less often when at low-health
Balance change to gear earns - C4 is now earned at the same rate as Grenades and Mines.
Fixed a bug where a player's weapon will suddenly change its clip size when another Ally drops their weapon
Fixed blindfire for some Level 1 that were not using correct blindfire settings
Fixed a bug where Gear would stop charging when Gear Master 3 is equipped while in a game of 3 players
Fixed Gifting charge resetting when failing a wave or transitioning to the next Stage
Fixed the level 2 & 4 Pak-80 not granting the proper additional ammo amount when purchased from the arsenal
Text fixes

Live update.

Top Bottom