• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

There's no point in buying more UCP. I'm not a fan of NDnomics 2.0.

I'll just ignore everything vanity-related, since they don't affect the gameplay.

Next time people ask for more colors, they should really think of the consequences... I warned them that it would cost an absurd amount of relics, in true ND fashion.

ps: Locking Co-op one-use boosters (those are gameplay-related) behind a paywall is also pretty scummy.

It really does feel like a monkey's paw wish that has been granted. The joke on my end is that i can't even buy UP (or rather use UP after having bought it), because my game is from a different region than my account, and i don't even get the relic VIP status, despite having paid for the digital deluxe edition.

Foxxsoxx

In all honesty I really don't mind the color unlocks, at least it gives me something to work towards. The other chests were lowered which more than makes up for it. Just get the 1500 chest and you're set.

It really does feel like a monkey's paw wish that has been granted. The joke on my end is that i can't even buy UP (or rather use UP after having bought it), because my game is from a different region than my account, and i don't even get the relic VIP status, despite having paid for the digital deluxe edition.

That really sucks. :/

I always use UP to buy the gameplay items. If it wasn't for that I doubt I'd get as much enjoyment out of the game because the main reason I go back is to try the new stuff. I don't mind paying for it, since maps and other features are free.

Rajang

I finally bought UC points this past week because I really like what they did with this update. Also couldn't pass up the permanent 20% extra relic bonus.

N.Domixis

Banned
Just kicked the final Warlords ass on hard. He grabbed me, teammate teleported to me. I dropped indra and he was killed before he could get up.Lmao.3 stars on first try. Now for crushing.

Foxxsoxx

Just kicked the final Warlords ass on hard. He grabbed me, teammate teleported to me. I dropped indra and he was killed before he could get up.Lmao.3 stars on first try. Now for crushing.

Crushing is pretty easy until you get to River...

Fuck River lol.

Really enjoying Survival but I do hope a plain Survival 10 waves mode like the prior games is also added.

The Micro is so fucking good for headshots, even though it runs out of ammo quickly.

Also, ND loves pairing me with Xmas n00bs against 1-3 star vets. Thank you SBMM.

Foxxsoxx

The Micro is so fucking good for headshots, even though it runs out of ammo quickly.

Also, ND loves pairing me with Xmas n00bs against 1-3 star vets. Thank you SBMM.

SBMM would be putting players against equally skilled players, not noobs.

Naughty Dog's system is much more connection based than skill based.

If you want a true SBMM look at Destiny where every match feels like you're sweating your butt off.

Also yeah micro feels great, I need to use it more.

Kalentan

Anyone else experienced the glitch where in Survival, your aim assist will like all focus just above the enemy? So you won't hit them at all.

If you want a true SBMM look at Destiny where every match feels like you're sweating your butt off.

It's not a matter of sweating my ass off... I wasn't talking about Ranked.

It's impossible to win Command matches with derpity derp teammates, even if you get a lot of kills. KDR is irrelevant, team coordination trumps everything.

Then again, I guess I should not care, since apparently everyone is a winner now... 15 relics for everyone.

Destiny is irrelevant. It's like complaining about loot crates (UC4 chests) and then someone comes and says "but Destiny gives you dupes". There are always worse things out there, but that doesn't mean that what we have is acceptable. There's always room for improvement.

SBMM should be removed from all modes, except Ranked maybe. 100% connection-based or bust. I won't settle for 50% connection-based and 50% skill-based or whatever their mix is. Don't forget that there are people out there that live in less popular regions and SBMM screws them even more.

Drencrom

Anyone else experienced the glitch where in Survival, your aim assist will like all focus just above the enemy? So you won't hit them at all.

You're talking about moderate survival right? I've encountered that if so. Helps to release the aim button and aim again most of the times.

Foxxsoxx

I really, really hope the dogs increase the relics per match to 30, you get so little that after your daily is finished people have little incentive to keep going.

It's been a problem since day 1 and it makes me sad that it's still a problem now.

Meanwhile I'm trying to get good with the Harrison, it's a great combo with the Micro, which I'm actually getting a majority of my kills with xD

Majin Boo

I really, really hope the dogs increase the relics per match to 30, you get so little that after your daily is finished people have little incentive to keep going.

It's been a problem since day 1 and it makes me sad that it's still a problem now.

Meanwhile I'm trying to get good with the Harrison, it's a great combo with the Micro, which I'm actually getting a majority of my kills with xD

The problem is that they can't really fix this issue anymore, they should have taken care of it when the game was released, it's simply too late now.
If they provide more incentives aka more relics now, the remaining player base will be less willing to pay for Uncharted Points, while the players who already left the MP are very unlikely to return. Thus the only advantage of increasing the relic rewards now is that the player base might decrease a little slower, but at the cost of Uncharted Points ND will sell. So, their best option is to milk the remaining players as much as they can before they also leave the MP.

Edit: The really sad part is that we need an incentive to play this MP aside from just having fun. I played U2 and especially U3 after unlocking everything & reaching max. level, simply because I really enjoyed the gameplay, not a chance I will do this with U4...

zkorejo

Uncharted points are worse than tlou mp weapon dlc. At least they were outright telling you to buy it. Now they give you hope only for RNG to f you over and then you spend real money.

Yeah some of the matches I've been having lately have been making me think that there isn't a SBMM system at all to be honest. I've been having relatively fast MM times and quite balanced matches yet few especially hard opponents.

I think I read before that in games like Call of Duty, the SBMM has trouble working when your stats get beyond a certain point. If SBMM is in effect then it might have trouble to match me against same-skill since it's quite unlikely there are that many Bounty Hunter players with a KO/Down/Death ratio above 7.0.

On most games KDR is the most sensible metric of skill outside of some hidden elo system, and as soon as you get beyond 1.9 or so you end up in the top 1%, where it would be difficult to match you with same skilled opponents consistently. I would guess the top 1% in Uncharted 4 is around a 4.0 ratio in regular unranked gametypes.

If 1000 people are playing a playlist at any one time, and your in the 'top 1%' skill bracket, that would give you 10 people to match with within your bracket. That's where SBMM doesn't work out so well as those people all hit matchmaking at different times, split across different regions etc.

I do wonder how it works. Maybe it just lumps people into broad categories? Either way i know it does not generally feel as though I get same skilled opponents.

Foxxsoxx

Yeah some of the matches I've been having lately have been making me think that there isn't a SBMM system at all to be honest. I've been having relatively fast MM times and quite balanced matches yet few especially hard opponents.

I think I read before that in games like Call of Duty, the SBMM has trouble working when your stats get beyond a certain point. If SBMM is in effect then it might have trouble to match me against same-skill since it's quite unlikely there are that many Bounty Hunter players with a KO/Down/Death ratio above 7.0.

On most games KDR is the most sensible metric of skill outside of some hidden elo system, and as soon as you get beyond 1.9 or so you end up in the top 1%, where it would be difficult to match you with same skilled opponents consistently. I would guess the top 1% in Uncharted 4 is around a 4.0 ratio in regular unranked gametypes.

If 1000 people are playing a playlist at any one time, and your in the 'top 1%' skill bracket, that would give you 10 people to match with within your bracket. That's where SBMM doesn't work out so well as those people all hit matchmaking at different times, split across different regions etc.

I do wonder how it works. Maybe it just lumps people into broad categories? Either way i know it does not generally feel as though I get same skilled opponents.

Yeah I'm definitely above average or considered good compared to most of the playerbase and it feels like every match I'm playing against really low skilled players, on both sides with the occasional team or one decent player on the other team.

I usually just steamroll everyone though, most people are pretty bad, and it's rare I ever find a challenge. If there is any SBMM I certainly don't feel it.

________

Onto another point, is it just me or does Survival really not even feel 30fps? I know it probably is, and almost always locked to it, but going to other 30fps games like Assassin's Creed and Division and coming back, Survival feels like it stutters frames out. It's hard to describe but it doesn't feel smooth at all to me.

I also noticed this with TLOU Remastered on it's 30fps mode, it didn't feel 30fps at all to me. This is without jumping straight from 60 to 30 by the way, which is jarring no matter what. I hope Digital Foundry do a video on it, I can't put my finger on what it is, but it just feels wrong.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I wish I had the same magical matchmaking you guys have. I play solo a lot of the time and my opponents are always people that are around my skill, but my own team mates are just noobs. It's really frustrating. Matchmaking is fast when solo, but it's really aggravating losing when you don't have a decent team of randoms on your team against an enemy team that is competent.

Foxxsoxx

I wish I had the same magical matchmaking you guys have. I play solo a lot of the time and my opponents are always people that are around my skill, but my own team mates are just noobs. It's really frustrating. Matchmaking is fast when solo, but it's really aggravating losing when you don't have a decent team of randoms on your team against an enemy team that is competent.

My matchmaking is by no means magical.

I go against bad players on the enemy team all the time.

My teammates are usually just, much worse somehow.

I can't count the amount of times my team has gone 0-13 while I'm single-handedly carrying usually going around 25-6 or somewhere around there.

Uncharted points are worse than tlou mp weapon dlc. At least they were outright telling you to buy it. Now they give you hope only for RNG to f you over and then you spend real money.
I don't agree with this.

TLOU is worse for one simple reason: gameplay elements are locked behind a paywall. There are no RNG loot crates at all.

If I got the censored PAL version and some paid DLC weapons, then I'll have to rebuy all DLC if I decide to buy the uncensored NTSC version. That's not necessary with Uncharted, because gameplay unlocks and relics are tied to your account, regardless of your game SKU.

WinFonda

From my experience, I think matchmaking is mostly connection based. I think there's balancing that goes into how the teams are formed once the lobby is created but the matchmaking doesn't wait to find equal skill levels across the board outside of ranked - it prefers faster game creation.

Once it has 10 players with a solid connection it balances with what it has. Which is why even if you're the highest skilled player in the game you can still have a difficult game on your hands, because the enemy team might be generally higher skill level than the rest of your team.

Ranked does not prefer faster game creation which is why you wait longer but typically get more equal skill ratings on both sides, but the same team balancing still happens.

Not saying the matchmaking is perfect, but in theory this is all how it should be. A major percentage of the player base will make up the lower skill and casual brackets though, so it's hard to balance wait times vs all the other factors.

From my experience, I think matchmaking is mostly connection based. I think there's balancing that goes into how the teams are formed once the lobby is created but the matchmaking doesn't wait to find equal skill levels across the board outside of ranked - it prefers faster game creation.

Once it has 10 players with a solid connection it balances with what it has. Which is why even if you're the highest skilled player in the game you can still have a difficult game on your hands, because the enemy team might be generally higher skill level than the rest of your team.

Ranked does not prefer faster game creation which is why you wait longer but typically get more equal skill ratings on both sides, but the same team balancing still happens.

Not saying the matchmaking is perfect, but in theory this is all how it should be. A major percentage of the player base will make up the lower skill and casual brackets though, so it's hard to balance wait times vs all the other factors.
Long wait times is also a big problem in ND games. It's a huge turn off for lots of people, especially if you play in a party.

Killzone Shadowfall has a much faster matchmaking with a smaller player base. That ain't right, unless ND has a really elaborate/overengineered matchmaking algorithm with tons of variables thrown in.

Keep it simple stupid -> 100% connection-based. There are people who live in regions like Oceania and they have to wait 1 hour to find a match. How is that acceptable? Why would they waste their precious time?

I understand that ND tries (unsuccessfully) to promote "fairness", but many of us started playing UC2 MP with no former experience. It's tough when they throw you in a pit of wolves, I get it, but how are you supposed to learn how to play? I started with a 0.6 KDR and I brought it up to 1.3 KDR. Warm up playlists didn't even exist back then.

People should play the Campaign on Crushing and then Co-op if they want to learn the ropes.

Yeah I'm definitely above average or considered good compared to most of the playerbase and it feels like every match I'm playing against really low skilled players, on both sides with the occasional team or one decent player on the other team.

I usually just steamroll everyone though, most people are pretty bad, and it's rare I ever find a challenge. If there is any SBMM I certainly don't feel it.

________

Onto another point, is it just me or does Survival really not even feel 30fps? I know it probably is, and almost always locked to it, but going to other 30fps games like Assassin's Creed and Division and coming back, Survival feels like it stutters frames out. It's hard to describe but it doesn't feel smooth at all to me.

I also noticed this with TLOU Remastered on it's 30fps mode, it didn't feel 30fps at all to me. This is without jumping straight from 60 to 30 by the way, which is jarring no matter what. I hope Digital Foundry do a video on it, I can't put my finger on what it is, but it just feels wrong.

Yeah those are my thoughts too. In contrast you can definitely feel the skill based matchmaking in ranked multiplayer, where it feels as though the people get better as I increase in rank.

I still feel that, even in ranked, I'm able to stay ahead of the curve though. Most good players seem to retain a ratio above 3.0, and that wouldn't be the case if the skill based matchmaking system was very strict, as it would pull everyone towards an even ratio. Even in ranked, 1 vs 1 gunfights feel pretty eqsy most of the time.

Long wait times is also a big problem in ND games. It's a huge turn off for lots of people, especially if you play in a party.

Killzone Shadowfall has a much faster matchmaking with a smaller player base. That ain't right, unless ND has a really elaborate/overengineered matchmaking algorithm with tons of variables thrown in.

Keep it simple stupid -> 100% connection-based. There are people who live in regions like Oceania and they have to wait 1 hour to find a match. How is that acceptable? Why would they waste their precious time?

I understand that ND tries (unsuccessfully) to promote "fairness", but many of us started playing UC2 MP with no former experience. It's tough when they throw you in a pit of wolves, I get it, but how are you supposed to learn how to play? I started with a 0.6 KDR and I brought it up to 1.3 KDR. Warm up playlists didn't even exist back then.

People should play the Campaign on Crushing and then Co-op if they want to learn the ropes.

I think the campaign and co-op both teach loads of really bad habbits, like using melee, blindfiring, using the cover system, etc. Those all end up being very sure fire ways to get yourself killed against good opponents in multiplayer.

The different framerates don't do well in helping you to learn how to aim either. It's night and day aiming your weapon in MP, compared to SP.

30 for a win and 15 for a loss would be fine. Even better, they could implement some sort of relic multiplier for lopsided matches, since they don't plan to un-nerf late joins.

It's 30 fps and it takes me like 5-10 min to get used to it. It'll never be as smooth as PvP.

The problem is that they can't really fix this issue anymore, they should have taken care of it when the game was released, it's simply too late now.
If they provide more incentives aka more relics now, the remaining player base will be less willing to pay for Uncharted Points, while the players who already left the MP are very unlikely to return. Thus the only advantage of increasing the relic rewards now is that the player base might decrease a little slower, but at the cost of Uncharted Points ND will sell. So, their best option is to milk the remaining players as much as they can before they also leave the MP.

Edit: The really sad part is that we need an incentive to play this MP aside from just having fun. I played U2 and especially U3 after unlocking everything & reaching max. level, simply because I really enjoyed the gameplay, not a chance I will do this with U4...
You falsely think that people will feel more inclined to buy UCP, but that's clearly not the case here. Lots of people left the game. Cogburn literally begged people to play UC4 MP, if that says anything to you. Even if ND increased the gameplay chest from 3k to 5k relics, I still wouldn't feel inclined to buy UCP. More people would abandon the game. Only the VIP status (permanent relic boost) warranted a purchase. If ND wants to sell more UCP, then maybe they should introduce more permanent rewards (like a 40% relic increase for example).

Honestly, I'd rather have a bigger player pool (most people are like "I'm gonna finish my challenge and turn off the console"). Playing once every 3 days isn't doing anyone favors. Replenishing daily challenges would also encourage people to play more.

I think the campaign and co-op both teach loads of really bad habbits, like using melee, blindfiring, using the cover system, etc. Those all end up being very sure fire ways to get yourself killed against good opponents in multiplayer.

The different framerates don't do well in helping you to learn how to aim either. It's night and day aiming your weapon in MP, compared to SP.
Melee and blindfiring in the Campaign on Crushing difficulty? Who does that? Same for the Co-op.

You could argue that PvP and PvE are different in regards to player movement (NPCs are far more predictable), but if someone hasn't even played the Campaign (it's very easy to check their trophies), how are they supposed to play PvP?

Using cover isn't that bad (depending on the weapon/situation) and honestly, I liked the fact that the beta promoted that a bit more (Deep Cover) than the final game.

Regarding the framerate, it's actually harder to aim at 30 fps, so I don't get your point here. Going from 30 to 60 fps is easier than the other way around. Then again, no one is going to claim that playing the Campaign is harder than playing against unpredictable human opponents.

Melee and blindfiring in the Campaign on Crushing difficulty? Who does that? Same for the Co-op.

You could argue that PvP and PvE are different in regards to player movement (NPCs are far more predictable), but if someone hasn't even played the Campaign (it's very easy to check their trophies), how are they supposed to play PvP?

Using cover isn't that bad (depending on the weapon/situation) and honestly, I liked the fact that the beta promoted that a bit more (Deep Cover) than the final game.

Regarding the framerate, it's actually harder to aim at 30 fps, so I don't get your point here. Going from 30 to 60 fps is easier than the other way around. Then again, no one is going to claim that playing the Campaign is harder than playing against unpredictable human opponents.

It is harder to aim at 30 FPS, but it's also just different. You want to build up muscle memory to make your aiming feel natural within multiplayer, and because it doesn't feel the same it's not especially valuable in terms of training your aim. It's better to practice on something that feels the same, so that the muscle memory translates over directly.

Using cover is pretty bad, most of the time. There's no reason to use anything but low cover in multiplayer, and that's only because there's no crouch button. Firing from cover is predictable and makes you immobile.

If you want to be decent in multiplayer you need to practice doing things like managing your shoulder switching, and aimed strafing, neither of these are skills that are valued or even beneficial in the campaign.

As far as playing on Crushing goes. Playing on Crushing just enforces the cover system even more than the lower difficulties. Sure you can't melee your way through, that was more in regards to co-op where you can get pretty far with the prize fighter booster. On crushing in singleplayer, stealth generally prevails, which doesn't translate to multiplayer at all.

Some of the worst players I know have easily beaten the game on crushing, and happily platinumed the game. It really isn't especially difficult, and the skillset is so far removed from even mid-level multiplayer gameplay, I don't see it as being that useful. At low levels of play its a decent primer to the core controls and aiming, but so is the initial multiplayer tutorial and trials.

Foxxsoxx

30 for a win and 15 for a loss would be fine. Even better, they could implement some sort of relic multiplier for lopsided matches, since they don't plan to un-nerf late joins.

It's 30 fps and it takes me like 5-10 min to get used to it. It'll never be as smooth as PvP.

I know that it is likely a locked 30 frames, what I'm saying is that it doesn't even feel like 30. My eyes simply don't adjust to it like other games. It doesn't feel like I'm getting frame drops, more like it just feels like it's permanently 25 frames.

Playing Survival feels like the framerate is even worse than the story. Like there is some sort of stuttering that happens. I can play any other 30fps game and it feels fine, I can then switch from another 30 fps game to Survival and it feels like it's sub 30FPS.

I really wish someone else felt the same way so I don't feel like I'm crazy. Maybe it's a frame pacing issue or something along those lines, it just doesn't feel like a smooth 30fps and it really impacts me fully enjoying Survival when it feels like I'm watching a slideshow, I then play Division which is 30fps and it plays at a smooth pace. I'm not crazy I swear.

Drencrom

The more I play the Survival mode the more I'm confused why they went with this speedrun focus in this mode.

Like, why isn't there just a mode where you can have wave after wave of harder enemies like in the past Uncharted MPs? Why not improve on that concept and have more waves than 5 and throw in some random modifiers like indra and el dorado, maybe throw in the bosses in the later stages? All these things are already in the game now, they could just make this an optional Survival mode for people who don't want to simply hunt for fast times or for people who actually have finished getting 3 stars on all/most difficulties.

Also, why isn't there a restart vote option in the game? I mean, this mode is all about getting fast times, so why force people to quit the match and reload the whole map if they already lost the 3 star ranking?

Summary: Replaying the same maps, with the same waves and modifiers with the same objective of simply getting fast times is hampering the mode and makes it more repetitive than it should be.

Foxxsoxx

The more I play the Survival mode the more I'm confused why they went with this speedrun focus in this mode.

Like, why isn't there just a mode where you can have wave after wave of harder enemies like in the past Uncharted MPs? Why not improve on that concept and have more waves than 5 and throw in some random modifiers like indra and el dorado, maybe throw in the bosses in the later stages? All these things are already in the game now, they could just make this an optional Survival mode for people who don't want to simply hunt for fast times or for people who actually have finished getting 3 stars on all difficulties.

Also, why isn't there a restart vote option in the game? I mean, this mode is all about getting fast times, so why force people to quit the match and reload the whole map if they already lost the 3 star ranking?

Yeah there are some pretty strange omissions for the co-op. I like how Survival plays and it's really unique, but it definitely needs a standard 10 wave horde mode like the prior games, maybe with Gold Rush added as a random mode besides killing everyone as well.

I see a lot of potential they could do for rewards.

Play 10 waves on crushing, kill boss. Random chance to obtain new colors for head items, exclusive skin colors that are unique, etc. Gives it replay value and some incentive to keep playing it with rewards.

Drencrom

Yeah there are some pretty strange omissions for the co-op. I like how Survival plays and it's really unique, but it definitely needs a standard 10 wave horde mode like the prior games, maybe with Gold Rush added as a random mode besides killing everyone as well.

I see a lot of potential they could do for rewards.

Play 10 waves on crushing, kill boss. Random chance to obtain new colors for head items, exclusive skin colors that are unique, etc. Gives it replay value and some incentive to keep playing it with rewards.

Exactly, the potential in adding a "classic" 10+ wave Survival mode that has actual randomization when it comes to waves would be great and surely not that hard to implement when they already have the co-op systems up and running.

I just don't want to be hassled with the whole "get fast times" objective they have in place, that simply encourages you to do the same tactics when the waves are identical and quit/restart if you screwed something up

Foxxsoxx

Exactly, the potential in adding a "classic" 10+ wave Survival mode that has actual randomization when it comes to waves would be great and surely not that hard to implement when they already have the co-op systems up and running.

I just don't want to be hassled with the whole "get fast times" objective they have in place, that simply encourages you to do the same tactics when the waves are identical and quit/restart if you screwed something up

Exatly, just keep Survival and add Horde as a different option. I'd really like to play the early maps which are a cakewalk with harder enemies and more randomization. It'll get old pretty quick as it is now unfortunately.

Drencrom

Exatly, just keep Survival and add Horde as a different option. I'd really like to play the early maps which are a cakewalk with harder enemies and more randomization. It'll get old pretty quick as it is now unfortunately.

Is there an actual way to communicate this to ND at this point? I'm not even sure if they read this thread nor their own forums or the subreddit anymore lol

Not that I blame them that much regarding their own forum at least as there is a lot of hyperbole on there.

Foxxsoxx

Is there an actual way to communicate this to ND at this point? I'm not even sure if they read this thread nor their own forums or the subreddit anymore lol

Not that I blame them that much regarding their own forum at least as there is a lot of hyperbole on there.

They post on /r/unchartedmultiplayer sometimes so they're definitely there, though they usually only respond close to an update.

I don't usually watch streams but when I do I usually see a dev watching streamers like Sanchowest and xShot.

As for their official forums, yeah that place is cancer and I wouldn't go there with a big stick.

I know that it is likely a locked 30 frames, what I'm saying is that it doesn't even feel like 30. My eyes simply don't adjust to it like other games. It doesn't feel like I'm getting frame drops, more like it just feels like it's permanently 25 frames.

Playing Survival feels like the framerate is even worse than the story. Like there is some sort of stuttering that happens. I can play any other 30fps game and it feels fine, I can then switch from another 30 fps game to Survival and it feels like it's sub 30FPS.

I really wish someone else felt the same way so I don't feel like I'm crazy. Maybe it's a frame pacing issue or something along those lines, it just doesn't feel like a smooth 30fps and it really impacts me fully enjoying Survival when it feels like I'm watching a slideshow, I then play Division which is 30fps and it plays at a smooth pace. I'm not crazy I swear.
Maybe it's not locked 30 fps on OG PS4. I've never seen frame pacing issues in ND games. DF would make a big fuss out of it, lol.

A.I. algorithms run all the time, even when NPCs are not visible on your screen. We are not talking about non-visible polygons that can be discarded. Try playing a custom game where all 10 players have 1 sidecock and then you'll see that the game engine is struggling to hit 60 fps. There are more than 10 NPCs in Co-op, with more advanced A.I.

They even ignore NeoGAF these days:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1321739

Arne used to post a lot... it's always funny when I see SP fans expecting top notch communication because "Naughty Gods".

There's no excuse. Lack of moderation or not, they seem to ignore pretty much everyone these days.

Try Twitter. Cogburn seems like a friendly guy that responds to a lot of people, even though PR is not his job.

Drencrom

Maybe it's not locked 30 fps on OG PS4. I've never seen frame pacing issues in ND games. DF would make a big fuss out of it, lol.

A.I. algorithms run all the time, even when NPCs are not visible on your screen. We are not talking about non-visible polygons that can be discarded. Try playing a custom game where all 10 players have 1 sidecock and then you'll see that the game engine is struggling to hit 60 fps. There are more than 10 NPCs in Co-op, with more advanced A.I.

They even ignore NeoGAF these days:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1321739

Arne used to post a lot... it's always funny when I see SP fans expecting top notch communication because "Naughty Gods".

There's no excuse. Lack of moderation or not, they seem to ignore pretty much everyone these days.

Try Twitter. Cogburn seems like a friendly guy that responds to a lot of people, even though PR is not his job.

It's pretty sad that ND got two PR/community managers but they barely communicate and talk with the community. Arne have been completely AWOL the last couple of years on the community communication front, does he have new position at ND or something?

The only people that you can get a response out of are the guys on the MP team via twitter (Cogburn, Qtrain etc) as you mentioned.

Murkas

Stupid question, how do I set this survival executable thing they added in the patch? Tried looking in options and everything but can't seem to find it, I want the game to load straight into survival!

Foxxsoxx

Stupid question, how do I set this survival executable thing they added in the patch? Tried looking in options and everything but can't seem to find it, I want the game to load straight into survival!

There isn't a button for it anymore. It just loads the last thing you played.

AKyemeni

All this means is that if you're in the Survival Mode and you close the application, the next time you boot up the application the game will put you at the Survival screen.

There's no option or toggle or anything like that.

Murkas

There isn't a button for it anymore. It just loads the last thing you played.

All this means is that if you're in the Survival Mode and you close the application, the next time you boot up the application the game will put you at the Survival screen.

There's no option or toggle or anything like that.

Ah so I have to close the application in the survival menu for it to work?

I've always been quitting to main menu and then closing the application all this time.....

Shin-Ra

I've maxed everything out except some locked items and I'm pretty convinced Crushing: New Devon solo isn't possible without some very cheesy method.

The AI partner just isn't capable of surviving and with all the enemy attention on you, and teleportation, it's a huge effort just escaping to get some distance. Stop to snipe from a distance and the AI teleports right up your arse.

Everything else, including Pirate Colony and River seemed and was beatable solo Crushing.

AKyemeni

I've maxed everything out except some locked items and I'm pretty convinced Crushing: New Devon solo isn't possible without some very cheesy method.

The AI partner just isn't capable of surviving and with all the enemy attention on you, and teleportation, it's a huge effort just escaping to get some distance. Stop to snipe from a distance and the AI teleports right up your arse.

Everything else, including Pirate Colony and River seemed and was beatable solo Crushing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S83geWiLocA

Shin-Ra

Looks like I've got some more loadout experimentation to try.

The P90 seems to be good for quickly sapping boss health point blank range, too.

N.Domixis

Banned

It's a joke. Don't know why everyone acts like it's impossible. I completed crushing new Devon with 3 stars 2 times in a row. Also beat 3 other levels on my own with 3 stars. I thought this was supposed to be a huge accomplishment lmao.

Feels like I'm doing something wrong against the boss on Pirate Colony. Between his goons, his own gunfire, his spirits that he tosses manually and from his very liberal mystical use, it feels like I spend most of that wave just running away from shit. It's not very fun.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The Agarwal and DC do huge damage against those brute bosses so use those!

Still need to do river and sunken ruins for 3 stars, but haven't had the time do it with friends.

Top Bottom