• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this game, I'll now ask people what their opinion on Uncharted 4 is and that will ultimately determine if we can be friends! Lol

Can I ask you a question? Here it goes anyway but it can be a huge SPOILER depending on your response so, watch out everyone.

It's about the last demo in Madagascar, when the gang is off road on the jeep: POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD:

Nate ask Sully if they should worry about the volcano there and Sully tells him that the volcano is extinct for thousands of years. The question is: Should they worry?

After this game, I'll now ask people what their opinion on Uncharted 4 is and that will ultimately determine if we can be friends! Lol
As a action game/fighting game fan, my biggest concern was gameplay, I’m pretty sure after 4 dialog heavy games, ND was going to tell another great story. But the evolution of combat from Uncharted 1-3 left something to be desired for me, especially after playing games like MGS4 where Snake can just do so much more than Drake, it’s insane. I also felt Tomb Raider 1up the combat as well, as it should, since it came out years later after the Uncharted series, very weak story though, and a game breaking bug made me start over and lose 5 hours of progress so I may never ever get back to that game, eh whatever...Back on topic, your review pretty much solidified this will be the best ND game ever, because they took the time to enhance how Drake plays. Gameplay is still King, but when you bring both it and AAA storytelling together, well, you make magic.

Tks for the review man...already knew it was going to be a GOTY contender, but still nice to read confirmation.

Can I ask you a question? Here it goes anyway but it can be a huge SPOILER depending on your response so, watch out everyone.

It's about the last demo in Madagascar, when the gang is off road on the jeep: POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD:

Nate ask Sully if they should worry about the volcano there and Sully tells him that the volcano is extinct for thousands of years. The question is: Should they worry?

Ha.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Game of the year. Better than UC2. Better than TLOU. There, i said it

ikKGyO5.gif

Bold, a little too bold.

Krakin

Do NOT answer this. If you do, please send him a pm, thanks.

Edit: Beaten soundly

zsynqx

This tells us nothing. LOL. I can see that comment being made by someone who wants to shower the game with praises or wants to rip it a new one. Though it being Uncharted 4, the former is more likely.

Andy is pretty close with the Naughty Dog guys. He wouldn't say something like this in anticipation of the game getting low scores.

My (21st) birthday AND uncharted 4 on the same day?

Praise the sun, it's going to be a great day.
It's my birthday tomorrow! I'm trying to secure a copy but it's not gonna happen :).
Lol,i turned 21 today and I still gotta wait a week XD
Thank god for Finals,PS+ Games (I like to try them out), Overwatch Beta, Persona 5 Stream, U4 Review Thread, BF Reveal, Civil War and GOT. Or this week would have been murderous.

Is that even possible? My god, is UC4 going to be the highest rated game of all time?

Imagine if this game isn't as good as people think it's going to be. This literally sounds like the second coming of jesus christ. I don't think critically acclaimed games like Bioshock and Red Dead had anywhere near this type of hype around their release.

zsynqx

One thing noone has mentioned as a negative in all the write ups is the AI. I take it they fixed a lot of the issues present in TLOU. Can you comment on this Slasher?

Sagittal

Banned
It's my birthday tomorrow! I'm trying to secure a copy but it's not gonna happen :).

My (21st) birthday AND uncharted 4 on the same day?

Praise the sun, it's going to be a great day.

Lol,i turned 21 today and I still gotta wait a week XD
Thank god for Finals,PS+ Games (I like to try them out), Overwatch Beta, Persona 5 Stream, U4 Review Thread, BF Reveal, Civil War and GOT. Or this week would have been murderous.

Happy birthday to you all! Uncharted 4 should be a great gift :)

I am in complete utter awe of everything I see. I can't tell you the last time I was so floored by graphics. I can't stop taking pictures of everything. I haven't even seen much action in the first three hours and I don't care. The story is incredible, new standards being set here. This is TLOU x 100. OMG I can't even imagine TLOU2.

Imagine if this game isn't as good as people think it's going to be. This literally sounds like the second coming of jesus christ. I don't think critically acclaimed games like Bioshock and Red Dead had anywhere near this type of hype around their release.

To be fair, no one knew what to expect from
either of those games. Bioshock was a spiritual successor to games that had been popular a decade before and with RDR it was being developed by a Rockstar subsidiary that was not North and was a successor to a game that was kind of mediocre.

With Uncharted 4 it's a sequel to one of the most acclaimed series in gaming from Sonys best first party studio at the top of their game.

The game is approaching GTAV levels of pre release hype.

One thing noone has mentioned as a negative in all the write ups is the AI. I take it they fixed a lot of the issues present in TLOU. Can you comment on this Slasher?

I think it does a great job. Especially concerning the new combat variables. Sometimes there's a LOT of dudes later especiallu, but you can usually hide and they try to track you ala a stealth game. It's not mind blowingly different then other games but for the new style and combat scenarios it's great.

I think part of that's because Bioshock and Red Dead were unknown quantities, with Bioshock being a new franchise and Red Dead being a sequel to Revolver in name only. The developers had pedigree, certainly, but no one really knew what to expect. This is the fourth entry in a hugely acclaimed series from a best-in-class developer that hasn't majorly fucked up yet.

I think it does a great job. Especially concerning the new combat variables. Sometimes there's a LOT of dudes later especiallu, but you can usually hide and they try to track you ala a stealth game.

One thing I forgot to ask, are there any gameplay mechanics(not weapons) but actual things you can do that we don't know about?? You don't have to say what it is but are there things/ tools you get in the game that's not known?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom