• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

The God

One thing I forgot to ask, are there any gameplay mechanics(not weapons) but actual things you can do that we don't know about?? You don't have to say what it is but are there things/ tools you get in the game that's not known?

Damn y'all really don't wanna be surprised.

I am in complete utter awe of everything I see. I can't tell you the last time I was so floored by graphics. I can't stop taking pictures of everything. I haven't even seen much action in the first three hours and I don't care. The story is incredible, new standards being set here. This is TLOU x 100. OMG I can't even imagine TLOU2.

You were supposed to have grounded impressions not this hyperbolic stuff.

Also, I don't believe you!

Boke1879

kinda conflicted guys. Should my first playthrough be on hard? I want to experience a tough AI.

But then I want to play on normal and just take in the whole experience without being frustrated.

packy34

For people who have completed the game...

Is there an obvious spot in the story where they can insert the upcoming DLC? (Kinda like the missing time in TLOU that Left Behind filled)

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I am in complete utter awe of everything I see. I can't tell you the last time I was so floored by graphics. I can't stop taking pictures of everything. I haven't even seen much action in the first three hours and I don't care. The story is incredible, new standards being set here. This is TLOU x 100. OMG I can't even imagine TLOU2.

Wait, so the story is even better than TLOU?

Good to hear. Story was definitely that game's strong suit. The previous Uncharted games had the potential for great stories, but they tended to fall apart. They simply weren't very believable, even if they're going for fantasy/adventure. Uncharted 3 was a big offender. Very scatter brained presentation. I've always felt that the Uncharted series could be poised for greatness in this regard if presented better.

Hydrus

kinda conflicted guys. Should my first playthrough be on hard? I want to experience a tough AI.

But then I want to play on normal and just take in the whole experience without being frustrated.

I always start with Normal, then do hard for second. Games like this, I care a bit more about the story then an insane challenge.

Wait, so the story is even better than TLOU?

Good to hear. Story was definitely that game's strong suit. The previous Uncharted games had the potential for great stories, but they tended to fall apart. They simply weren't very believable, even if they're going for fantasy/adventure. Uncharted 3 was a big offender. Very scatter brained presentation. I've always felt that the Uncharted series could be poised for greatness in this regard if presented better.

I'll have full detailed impressions later, I love the story so far. But mainly I am in crazy graphics whore mode, this is unbelievable.

Floody

I'm starting on hard, if it gets too frustrating, I'll lower it to normal. I assume you can change the difficulty when you want? If not I'll play on normal.

jpd1408

Banned
Just saw the intro.... Tops every naughty dog intro ever... Done youtubing uncharted 4 until launch. 1st 3 missions are sweet and the graphics omfg... Can't wait to play!

Memento

Just saw the intro.... Tops every naughty dog intro ever... Done youtubing uncharted 4 until launch. 1st 3 missions are sweet and the graphics omfg... Can't wait to play!

Seriously? It is better than TLOU and UC2? HOW? HOWWWWWW?

STOP PRAISING THE GAME U FILTHY BASTARDS, MY HYPE TUBE IS ALREADY FULL

Think imma go with normal (lol moderate) first time around. Every Uncharted game I've played normal the first time around and I always end up playing them several more times on hard and then crushing anyway.

jpd1408

Banned
Seriously? It is better than TLOU and UC2? HOW? HOWWWWWW?

STOP PRAISING THE GAME U FILTHY BASTARDS, MY HYPE TUBE IS ALREADY FULL

Yea it does. Did not think it was possible. Do not spoil like I did... I saw the first 3 chapters in Russian lmfao.

Prob the sickest "playable intro" of any game this gen period maybe even last gen.

Graphics alone from YouTube are phenomenal

I hope it didn't take 3 years for ND next game. it'd be cool if they had second project already in the works and it release end of next year

Memento

Yea it does. Did not think it was possible. Do not spoil like I did... I saw the first 3 chapters in Russian lmfao.

Prob the sickest "playable intro" of any game this gen period maybe even last gen.

Graphics alone from YouTube are phenomenal

images

Just played up to the end of chapter 2 in UC2 for the first time. Yeah, nice intro and Chloe is cool!

The opening in TLoU is GOAT status.

Enjoy UC2! One of the best games ever!

m4st4

I'd buy an early copy but... I'm getting dat steelbook.
I'm getting both standard and steelbook, and standard just to play it 24 hours earlier heh. I'll also get that artbook and probably some Drake pajamas and you know what... I can't. Just gimme the game. Overwatch will hold me for some time, it's a great game, for sure, but I can totally see myself reaching my limits on Sat-Sun.

Holy freaking Shit!!!!!!! This action, it's incredible! Shooting feels so so so good! Going to write a huge impressions post. Just had to post this cause I am full of that tingly feeling you get when you are playing something special, not sure how I will be able to sleep. You guys have seen nothing.

Holy freaking Shit!!!!!!! This action, it's incredible! Shooting feels so so so good! Going to write a huge impressions post. Just had to post this cause I am full of that tingly feeling you get when you are playing something special, not sure how I will be able to sleep. You guys have seen nothing.

1406093633502.gif

CANT WAIT !!!!!!

image.php

Hype is at critical fucking mass. I'm going to go so fucking hard on Tuesday. Wonder if I'll play more than Dark Souls 3 on the first day. Clocked in at 13.5 hours for that and enjoyed every second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom