• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javin98

Banned
ChCIeGSXEAA3KYx.jpg:large
Is that from Beyond3D? That's where I saw this pic. :p

Also, just to add, I hope ND bumps shadow quality a bit in the day one patch. If there was one notable flaw in the visual fidelity, it's the shadows.

Character skins, weapon selector, gameplay modes, and render modes make me happy. I just hope that they will bring back previous outfits like Drake's Fortune and Desert Drake. (I know I'm annoying with that)

Do you think we will have an extended making of like Grounded : The making of The Last of Us ?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Please let it have moon gravity mode again like in Uncharted 2. Was so fun to see those guys float off when you hit them in the face.

Salz01

Apparently, some of the content in the day one patch include photo mode, single player skins, multiplayer support and character model viewer. I'm most excited for the last one. ;)

How do you know? It's cool if true. I love single player skins and unlocking them, as well as art. Model viewer is way cool too.

Err oops never mind saw the screen shot. Very cool

ultrazilla

For what it's worth, I tweeted Yoshida @yosp and @naughty_dog asking that they consider lifting the street date embargo now that quite a few copies are in the wild and the game is being spoiled. Obviously, retailers have tons of them already in stock. Think I'll be checking around to see if anyone in the area is willing to sell the game once I point out it's been out for a few days now.

Gurish

For what it's worth, I tweeted Yoshida @yosp and @naughty_dog asking that they consider lifting the street date embargo now that quite a few copies are in the wild and the game is being spoiled. Obviously, retailers have tons of them already in stock. Think I'll be checking around to see if anyone in the area is willing to sell the game once I point out it's been out for a few days now.

You are our savior, that tweet is going to make history ;)

So I had bought a copy on ebay the other day, it's shipped, It won't be here for a few days and now I see that these copies were stolen!?!? I feel sick to my stomach. Can someone from Sony or Naughty Dog contact me? I paid a pretty penny for this copy but Id rather give my information of the eBay seller and a place I can send this copy once it gets here (unopened) and just wait till May 10th like the rest of us. If you pm me, please note I won't be back on GAF till tonight... but yeah... ughhh. So terrible.

thuway

Sigh, I just want impressions. There's a spoiler thread on the front page, but I was kinda hoping there'd be a "impressions" thread with no spoilers going in.

Alienous

So I had bought a copy on ebay the other day, it's shipped, It won't be here for a few days and now I see that these copies were stolen!?!? I feel sick to my stomach. Can someone from Sony or Naughty Dog contact me? I paid a pretty penny for this copy but Id rather give my information of the eBay seller and a place I can send this copy once it gets here (unopened) and just wait till May 10th like the rest of us. If you pm me, please note I won't be back on GAF till tonight... but yeah... ughhh. So terrible.

I can imagine the feeling. It's one thing to procure a game from an overzealous retailer, and another thing entirely to get one as the result of a robbery.

Ugh, what a shit situation.

I don't know that Sony would have the infrastructure to get a copy of the game back into legitimate circulation, but a genuine good on you for trying. Certainly don't beat yourself up over it.

I can imagine the feeling. It's one thing to procure a game from an overzealous retailer, and another thing entirely to get one as the result of a robbery.

Ugh, what a shit situation.

I don't know that Sony would have the infrastructure to get a copy of the game back into legitimate circulation, but a genuine good on you for trying. Certainly don't beat yourself up over it.

I'd rather just return the stolen goods to Sony/naughty so the stolen goods can be returned, give them the eBay seller info so they can track as much info on these fuckers as they can, I loose out on some money... but yeah... I feel it's the right thing to go. I'm off for now till lunch time or tonight. I just feel awful.

camac002

Could the "Encounter Select" menu mean that there's finer control of where we actually start within a chapter from the chapter select menu? From memory, you start at the beginning of the chapter each time. Maybe you can jump directly to certain set pieces if you wanted. Or maybe not.

Alienous

Could the "Encounter Select" menu mean that there's finer control of where we actually start within a chapter from the chapter select menu? From memory, you start at the beginning of the chapter each time. Maybe you can jump directly to certain set pieces if you wanted. Or maybe not.

I believe they've talked about it. You can replay particular battles, I believe.

camac002

Yeah, I knew you could restart encounters when you are actually in game, like TLOU, but the way it's written in the patch notes as "Encounter Select Menu", make me wonder if this is an option from the main menu, and you can jump into certain parts of a chapter which you couldn't do in the other games.

Yeah, I knew you could restart encounters when you are actually in game, like TLOU, but the way it's written in the patch notes as "Encounter Select Menu", make me wonder if this is an option from the main menu, and you can jump into certain parts of a chapter which you couldn't do in the other games.

If it's indeed a menu option (as opposed to the patch adding the option while playing a chapter), then yea, what you listed would be about the only thing that makes sense to me.

The art on the press kit disc is better than the one we get :(

Sony used to send me when I was working as game journalist, better press kit than the collector edition they were selling. There were beautiful, handcrafted/folded/painted/wood carved packaging with sometimes amazing leather cover or silk wraps. I remember fondly GoW 3 and Uncharted 2 collector. Great pieces. Sold them for 300€ each. People on eBay were crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom