• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

Sony used to send me when I was working as game journalist, better press kit than the collector edition they were selling. There were beautiful, handcrafted/folded/painted/wood carved packaging with sometimes amazing leather cover or silk wraps. I remember fondly GoW 3 and Uncharted 2 collector. Great pieces. Sold them for 300€ each. People on eBay were crazy.

And we pretend reviewers aren't bought.

Pics of Press Kit :
https://twitter.com/frederic_luu/status/725282008046424064

TJNIKfe.png

GL503rJ.png

95ioZ6E.png

didn't post last one, it's from a gameplay sequence from E3 but maybe people will say spoiler or whatever

Damn that's nice. Wish this was the collectors edition. I'd love to have that coin lol

Depends, if I don't buy directly from the criminals, I don't consider it to be giving them a pay day.

The thing is when people buy stolen goods, knowing they are stolen, it doesn't matter if they are paying the criminals directly. They are indirectly perpetuating the criminal act. As long as people continue to buy the criminals will continue to do what they do. Supply and demand. One extreme example is the diamond industry. Now I know that most people think shit criminals will always steal because there will always be a demand for stolen goods, and that is true. So the real question is do we want to be a part of the cycle just so we can overpay for video game that we can get legally in two weeks for a fraction of the price.

From what I've seen on the PS store the Desert Drake skin is exclusive to the deluxe edition :(
You do get UDF Drake and Thief Drake (from Uncharted 2's Turkish museum level) in the regular edition though.

From what I've seen on the PS store the Desert Drake skin is exclusive to the deluxe edition :(
You do get UDF Drake and Thief Drake (from Uncharted 2's Turkish museum level) in the regular edition though.

Based on UC2/3, nothing will stay exclusive and anyone will be able to get it sooner or later.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Considering that cosmetics will be DLC micros transactions, maybe it will be available via that?

Based on UC2/3, nothing will stay exclusive and anyone will be able to get it sooner or later.

And this.

LoveCake

It always seems to be games on-route to the UK that get stolen, it was Splatoon CE last year and there was another game before that If I remember correctly, I wonder if it's the same company or gang, insider info perhaps?

Alienous

It always seems to be games on-route to the UK that get stolen, it was Splatoon CE last year and there was another game before that If I remember correctly, I wonder if it's the same company or gang, insider info perhaps?

They call themselves 'The Phil Spencer Crew'. Their ringleader is as of yet unknown.

Gurish

Naughty Dog withhold game, everything is fine

Namco withholds game, everyone wants their heads.

What are you talking about, people are pissed at Sony (it's not ND's decision) for the past 30 pages, and they keep begging for early release, who do you see is fine with it?

One day someone's got to explain to me why the fuck do those people get what SHOULD BE the actual limited edition and not the garbage tin cans that are usually sold.

Cos when you're making about 500 of them you work on a budget that isn't really mass production, and making something less shitty for the masses would probably mean a big price increase or eat into the profit margin, I guess.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I've really had enough of that bullshit. You want to influence/subtly bribe the worthless opinions of some people? Fine. Well, not fine. This really shouldn't be happening, and if those people had any scruples they would reject such gifts. But at least offer these packages to the consumers.
It's less about all that and more about mass production and cost for the consumer.

Skele7on

Banned
press need games to review, games need press for sales.

It's funny as the press that got these kits have been within the adventure writing and collaborating with ND since it was announced
a token gesture which essentially apart from the name on the front is available to buy is not in anyway buying reviews.

It's a just a small message and a thank you for helping them get their dream out into the greater wild, it isn't a disrespect to fans or some undercover inside job, its just the above.

thuway

One of my friend's might get it today. If he gets it early, he isn't witheld to embargo, and might write a review for it ^_^.

Skele7on

Banned
One of my friend's might get it today. If he gets it early, he isn't witheld to embargo, and might write a review for it ^_^.

cool, well to your buddy who's probably a small indie writer, good luck getting blacklisted by absolutely everyone in the industry. DO IT FOR THE VIEWS MANNNN!

Also fairly sure in every game we'll have to accept some T&C which would bind you into a form of contract with ND about releasing news before a certain date, like any software.

The one guy in the world unrestricted to NDA Embargo, LOL.

jett

D-Member
press need games to review, games need press for sales.

It's funny as the press that got these kits have been within the adventure writing and collaborating with ND since it was announced
a token gesture which essentially apart from the name on the front is available to buy is not in anyway buying reviews.

It's a just a small message and a thank you for helping them get their dream out into the greater wild, it isn't a disrespect to fans or some undercover inside job, its just the above.

The people "close to the adventure" shouldn't be reviewing shit in the first place, for reasons that are beyond obvious.

Handling stolen goods is a crime in some countries, including the one I live in.

Fine, a 5 gigs patch mostly for a MP I'm not interested in. Couldn't they make an add-on of it?

Skele7on

Banned
The people "close to the adventure" shouldn't be reviewing shit in the first place, for reasons that are beyond obvious.

you're just going down that route, if you have real issues with ethics in reviewing I'm not gonna start that fight. I'm just saying how I feel from my experiences.

It's not all a massive trap out to get us as consumers.

cool, well to your buddy who's probably a small indie writer, good luck getting blacklisted by absolutely everyone in the industry. DO IT FOR THE VIEWS MANNNN!

Also fairly sure in every game we'll have to accept some T&C which would bind you into a form of contract with ND about releasing news before a certain date, like any software.

The one guy in the world unrestricted to NDA Embargo, LOL.

Wow, why so bitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom