• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelipeMGM

Im kinda surprised by the reaction of people about special press kits. This happens all the time, and they are all usually cooler then retail versions, even special editions.

The studio and their PR department have more creative freedom to produce such kits. SCEE is one of the best in making press kits, check out Until Dawn one:
media-kit-until-dawn-10-e1440156060640.jpg

thuway

He's been begging in thread all day about impressions suddenly a friend has one?

I'm not even bitter, I have no reason to be (I really don't)

He doesn't have one, he's trying to get it today. Also if you live in New York, it shouldn't be too hard to get your hands on a copy FYI.

Skele7on

Banned
He doesn't have one, he's trying to get it today. Also if you live in New York, it shouldn't be too hard to get your hands on a copy FYI.

tomorrow ;)

The plot thickens. My eBay seller, after shipping the game this morning with a tracking number, has provided a whole refund and cancelled the order. Very weird. No clue if it's going to arrive or not but appears like after the news of theft has broken eBay sellers are washing their hands clean.

Is your order still traceable?

thuway

The plot thickens. My eBay seller, after shipping the game this morning with a tracking number, has provided a whole refund and cancelled the order. Very weird. No clue if it's going to arrive or not but appears like after the news of theft has broken eBay sellers are washing their hands clean.

Ebay itself might be cancelling orders. It makes sense, stolen copies are stolen, but it doesn't subvert the fact that copies exist in the wild and people are playing it today :(.

BumRush

It's sad that people would steal copies of a game two weeks before release. I mean, people do worse things for sure but it's still sad.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Im kinda surprised by the reaction of people about special press kits. This happens all the time, and they are all usually cooler then retail versions, even special editions.

The studio and their PR department have more creative freedom to produce such kits. SCEE is one of the best in making press kits, check out Until Dawn one:
media-kit-until-dawn-10-e1440156060640.jpg

Now that is a wicked cool kit that reminds me of retail PC games (non collector's when all the extras were standard), back in the day.

Dunkley

cool, well to your buddy who's probably a small indie writer, good luck getting blacklisted by absolutely everyone in the industry. DO IT FOR THE VIEWS MANNNN!

Also fairly sure in every game we'll have to accept some T&C which would bind you into a form of contract with ND about releasing news before a certain date, like any software.

The one guy in the world unrestricted to NDA Embargo, LOL.

Honestly if there isn't an NDA signed there aren't be much legal ramifications to breaking embargo.

The bigger problem however is keeping good relations to publishers in general if you decide to do so, which especially for small writers can be devastating.

Skele7on

Banned
Honestly if there isn't an NDA signed there aren't be much legal ramifications to breaking embargo.

The bigger problem however is keeping good relations to publishers in general if you decide to do so, which especially for small writers can be devastating.

T&C in the software agreement pretty much plug any loose holes.

Krakin

Its pretty much the same but you can now remove characters from it, like yourself, buddies, civilians etc or all of them. I expect plenty of environment screenshots in the screenshot thread when this is released.

Can't you do that in The Order?

thuway

Just release the damn game!

When I used to live in Pakistan, we were lucky enough to get games a week or two before hand. Usually the sellers would price the titles at some absurd premium because they knew people wanted to buy ASAP-- for GTA V imagine 90-100 dollars.

I kind of wish ND would just lift the release date altogether, but it kind of screws the plans they have. Review embargo is probably close to launch, and no way are they going to hit the launch button before those hit.

whoa that's kind of crazy

Ebay itself might be cancelling orders. It makes sense, stolen copies are stolen, but it doesn't subvert the fact that copies exist in the wild and people are playing it today :(.
That sounds like a good excuse for online DRM/digital-only... it prevents robbery by revoking keys.

thuway

Eh well for the most part I'm unlucky enough not to live in NYC and Seattle has almost never had a place that breaks release date early :(. Might as well just stay off the interwebs.

I called one of the NY stores and asked them to ship it to me, no dice :(.

Hale_C

Yeah, anywhere between hundreds and a thousand is not enough reason to push a release date of a game the will sell millions

The only number that's ever been quoted (10,000) is highly suspect, because it was quoted in an interview with one of the ebay sellers, who told Eurogamer that "HM Revenue & Customs had seized 10,000 copies of the game over unpaid VAT" and that he was selling them on. Obviously we now know they were stolen, so who knows if that number has any basis in reality (probably not) Link.

rothbart

Ratchet needed room. Maybe.

And it's fantastic. It would've been a shame for a fantastic game to get overshadowed by another (I'm betting) fantastic game.

It seems like in this industry, it's not uncommon for only the hottest game at any given moment to get the spotlight...

rhino4evr

Am I reading this correctly? Did you just get the game for free?

rhino4evr

If it arrives tomorrow. No way of knowing if he maybe printed out the shipping label and paid for it then got cold feet. The guy I bought from was selling at the same price as the guy in the Eurogamer article but his first name is not Dave.

It should show if the package was actually picked up or scanned into a facility. If it's just a label creation notification then it doesn't mean anything. Anyone can create a label online.

Caution

No major spoilers in the trophy list

but look at ur own demand

http://imgur.com/a/9rM8j
The Rushing Roulette looks hard!
but the cemetery trophy sounds cool

Out in the wild already? Would you say it's close to TLoU or more like the other three?

Fake edit:

Damn! Spoiled by quoting. But I'mma stay strong and not look up what they demand
who am I kidding

P.S.
Spoiler tag has absolutely nothing to do with Uncharted 4. I swear.

03pp23

Neo Member
Yes.

Complete the game in 6 hours or less.

The stupid thing is that naughty dog has already confirmed it to be the longest uncharted game to date, but that still wont stop people from jumping to conclusions
about that speed run trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom