• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THE COMMENTS - DON'T SCROLL DOWN

ffs tho. didn't read the whole thing so don't know if legit but fuuuck.

also i'm not really surprised if the mp will become a microtransaction heaven. for all the value and quality ND deliver in their single player, I don't think any of their MP games have been good a few months down the line.
I suggest people who have the option of watching YouTube videos embedded to just watch them that way. 99% likely to get spoiled if you go directly to the site.

And we pretend reviewers aren't bought.
Its part of the marketing and is completely normal in the entertainment industry. Press get cool shit for films, TV shows, and music releases as well. Hell, I'm a photographer and even I'll put together a fancy portfolio to send to art buyers. There's nothing shady about it.

Umar96

Neo Member
I don't know if this was intentional but

There's an error in the Shu's quote in the OP.

This is the original quote on the PSblog
...An extremely talented team has worked long and hard to bring Nathan Drake’s greatest adventure to life and we would urge you to help us prevent this from being spoilt by NOT purchasing copies of the game ahead of the launch date.

and this is what the OP's quote says
...An extremely talented team has worked long and hard to bring Nathan Drake’s greatest adventure to life and we would urge you to help us prevent this from being spoilt by purchasing copies of the game ahead of the launch date.

The plot thickens. My eBay seller, after shipping the game this morning with a tracking number, has provided a whole refund and cancelled the order. Very weird. No clue if it's going to arrive or not but appears like after the news of theft has broken eBay sellers are washing their hands clean.

It's either ebay forcing the refund or he just realised they even more rare now and could get more money.

If he has a tracking number then you may still get it, if he posted it, which I assume he did to get the number.

I wonder how those who finished the game and spoiled it, how did they finish it in such short time after the leaked copies.

They had 48 hours to play the game. I'm guessing it's probably around 12-15 hours long for normal people, but knowing these kinds of people, they main lined the game and probably beat it in 6 or 7 hours just so they could see all the story points and spoil the ending for others.

Suffice it to say, they are human garbage.

Alienous

The plot thickens. My eBay seller, after shipping the game this morning with a tracking number, has provided a whole refund and cancelled the order. Very weird. No clue if it's going to arrive or not but appears like after the news of theft has broken eBay sellers are washing their hands clean.

The curse hath fallen unto you.

LAM09

It's either ebay forcing the refund or he just realised they even more rare now and could get more money.

If he has a tracking number then you may still get it, if he posted it, which I assume he did to get the number.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter, going by the price increases that are evident on eBay.

No way. Each day that passes the value decreases as it becomes less and less of an 'early' copy.

True but before it looked like copies were gonna leak early left and right, now we know they actually even rarer, for now.

There's only 2 on eBay. One where bid is at £150, another for £170. Not the same seller. When I click my items page it shows an old fashioned looking eBay page and I can't leave feedback. Very strange!

Can you view the sellers account? Ebay may have closed it.

Nny7229

I've started grabbing all my new console games off Amazon because of the 20% off, so hopefully i'll get it early as an added bonus. I got The Division a day early.

CEX only deal in second hand goods, though they can sell 'as new' items, someone needs to bring them to the store first for trade-in. Those copies of U4 that CEX sold could have come from anywhere before purchase by the customer.

Had no clue about that, but there are valid places people are getting this game from

Yes I can however I was doing some reading on eBay forums and the only way you can't leave feedback on a cancelled order is if it was eBay that cancelled it. Think it might be a temporary ban perhaps? However it was dispatched this morning so fingers crossed.
Do you get updates on that tracking number?

LAM09

There's only 2 on eBay. One where bid is at £150, another for £170. Not the same seller. When I click my items page it shows an old fashioned looking eBay page and I can't leave feedback. Very strange!

Weird. I guess eBay are taking action. Either way, you might have a free copy of the game by this tomorrow.

reKon

Banned
If a junior was to leak the ending in a thread title, Mods would be able to take it down in less than a minute right? I know there are people this lame out there.

HMD

If a junior was to leak the ending in a thread title, Mods would be able to take it down in less than a minute right? I know there are people this lame out there.

Juniors can't make threads, and I don't think the mod team is that big, it'll take less than 10 minutes perhaps.

Skele7on

Banned
Around big game releases mods will stalk and wait for anyone to try and pull shit, sure I've had some issues with mods in the past but generally they're decent and good at being a mod.

Just pre-ordered at a local games store. Said they haven't received the shipment yet and told me they'd call me when they did since it has already leaked in multiple countries anyway.

I don't believe it entirely, but it's better than nothing. May 10th is just three days before this semester's hardest test, and I'd probably break down and play this game anyway.

I was about to say something funny bout spoilers being posted. But seems its actually troubling people. See you all later going into bloackout moe..... Again.

HMD

Uhhh, so...

Impressions?

First chapter playthroughs are all over the internet (according to some people) I don't wanna risk googling that and seeing spoilers.

Seriously? Theft of 10,000 copies in an assault followed by eBay scalping and spoilers is awesome?

Wait, you're thanking the violent thieves?

Goodbye. You're a dick.

You can get a feel for what the game is like before buying without assault and theft. It's called not buying day one and waiting for impressions.

I know right!! Don't want to get bamboozled before the game comes out. High five bro!

What...? Lol

lol I'm hoping he/she's just replying to the wrong thead.

FoxesSocks took a screenshot of the main menu (background) on Reddit. Quite similar to The Last of Us. He's also giving some spoiler-free impressions of the game. Be careful though.

uKNxoKy.png

BroBot

Welp. Time to shut off my internet and go full-Pilgrim for 2 weeks. I refuse to have this game spoiled for me. I'd stay off Gamefaqs and Reddit entirely if I were any of you as well.

Haha, this is awesome –– glad they did it. Now we can get a feel for what the game is like properly prior to the purchase.

The wagon is on it's way. The ban wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom