• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salz01

I'm a little nervous about the 3rd line.

But so far everything that has been confirmed to be in game today sounds magical.

Alienous

Mine should arrive tommorrow. Im both happy and sad about it at the same time. Damn theives... ughh.

As said before, you didn't know, and you've put your offer out there.

You're one in a growing number of thousands. And as a reviewer you'd be expected to have a copy around about now.

It's a shit situation, but I guess all you can do is make the best of it.

As said before, you didn't know, and you've put your offer out there.

You're one in a growing number of thousands. And as a reviewer you'd be expected to have a copy around about now.

It's a shit situation, but I guess all you can do is make the best of it.

True and no one's reached out to me as of yet. I even tried to see what I could do to report it to ebay. Sadly if is stolen reporting, they want police to submit that and being it's a UK thing and I'm in the US, I'm at a sort of stand still. Also no spoilers from me. That's a promise.

You had no clue and purchased it without knowing. Maybe purchase the game again down the line.

Have the collector's edition preorder so :)

Salz01

If the UK copies are stolen does that mean it's illegal to buy them off eBay or whatever?

Put it another way, the devs don't get any of that money. Something they put lots of effort in so that way we can enjoy our hobby.

That's not to say it's okay if it's a crap game with no effort put into it, but you get the point.

Venom Fox

Banned
If the UK copies are stolen does that mean it's illegal to buy them off eBay or whatever?
Only the copies from Ebay are stolen, if there's any stores selling them, then your good. You'll be fine, technically it'd be classed as handling stolen goods if the police tried to seize the copy as evidence, however just claim you didn't know and you will be entitled to a full refund as it's your money whoever or whatever store owes you because of the proceeds of crime law.

Tak3n

Banned
Ads everywhere.

untitled-302dzt.jpg

read your messages! :)

Gurish

True and no one's reached out to me as of yet. I even tried to see what I could do to report it to ebay. Sadly if is stolen reporting, they want police to submit that and being it's a UK thing and I'm in the US, I'm at a sort of stand still. Also no spoilers from me. That's a promise.

Have the collector's edition preorder so :)

You can also be sure Sony are monitoring this thread, the moment someone posts a YouTube link to a new footage it's taken down within minutes so I'm sure they've seen your msg and they really can't do anything about it.

Play with a clear conscience, you did all you can, it's not your fault.

Venom Fox

Banned
CEX only deal in second hand goods, though they can sell 'as new' items, someone needs to bring them to the store first for trade-in. Those copies of U4 that CEX sold could have come from anywhere before purchase by the customer.
Simply not true.

If a CEX store buys goods in from a customer they'll be bought in under the category which they reside. E.g. Uncharted 4 would be found under PS4 games.

Franchised stores (won't name the stores that sold copies) can get a license to sell new games the same way Game, Asda, Tesco etc do.

I know this for a fact because I work there and our intranet tells us where these copies are and how many they have.

One quick look on our intranet tells me the 2 stores that do have copies have them under the pre release media category (which you won't find on our website). This means that the CEX store that sold an early copy broke Street date agreement as those copies were supplied by a manufacturer.

We don't even have a buy in or trade in price for Uncharted 4 yet so those copies that are stolen are not from CEX and have not arrived at CEX.

Edit: My comments on the matter do not reflect those of CEX and I won't even begin to pretend to know info regarding the stores that have copies, where they are situated or otherwise.

Gurish

Come to think about it, you can't really spoil any of ND's game without actually telling in paragraphs what's happening, if I want to spoil someone TLOU for example, I have to say something like
Ellie doesn't die at the end!
, some spoiler... even knowing this the story is so much more than that as well as the ending, it hardly say anything or spoil anything.

You need to really elaborate on the story in order to spoil it, obviously most of us will stop reading the moment we get the poster's intentions.

It's even more true in previous Uncharted games, there is no headline about something crazy that happens in them really, it's more about the journey, the jokes and the characters.

I have a feeling U4 will be the same.

I can guarantee you that is not the ending, but avoid it by all means everyone.

It's laughable actually how dumb that theory is :p

Telling me it's not an actual spoiler is also a spoiler! GOD!

(I hope a bunch of people around the web are just posting a bunch of made up shit so that I can at least equally believe and disbelieve them all, if I ever read one by accident)

So I read on the Uncharted reddit page that U4's day one patch is 5gb
That's um...that's pretty big. Kinda surprise that is out and ready to download.

zsynqx

You know the ending already? Wtf.

Nope, but it's so clearly bullshit. Again, don't look in the off chance I am wrong. In fact let's just stop talking about it. :)

Telling me it's not an actual spoiler is also a spoiler! GOD!

(I hope a bunch of people around the web are just posting a bunch of made up shit so that I can at least equally believe and disbelieve them all, if I ever read one by accident)

They already are

Rixxan

wouldn't buy it from ebay for that kind of price due to the thievery, but you can bet your ass i would walk into a gamestop and drop $300 on this game right now, no questions asked

if i knew there was no fuckery involved, and it was simply a normal gamestop purchase transaction

i need this in my veins, its that bad

Alienous

So I read on the Uncharted reddit page that U4's day one patch is 5gb
That's um...that's pretty big. Kinda surprise that is out and ready to download.

It makes sense to me.

Naughty Dog had a development schedule that set launch as yesterday. The delay wasn't for them. So they probably completed their checklist in-time, which includes having the 'day one' patch ready.

LuuKyK

Nope, but it's so clearly bullshit. Again, don't look in the off chance I am wrong. In fact let's just stop talking about it. :)

Oh dont worry I am not looking. lol

I am so paranoid right now, every videogame related video I open on youtube I block the comments with my hand before they load and then go full screen.

wouldn't buy it from ebay for that kind of price due to the thievery, but you can bet your ass i would walk into a gamestop and drop $300 on this game right now, no questions asked

if i knew there was no fuckery involved, and it was simply a normal gamestop purchase transaction

We have a crazy guy over here

Did any Gaf member get it early. I just want to read the impressions like 'it will blow your mind away' or 'if you thought TOLU or UC2 were great, then you have not see anything yet'

I am sure it will be great :)

Did any Gaf member get it early. I just want to read the impressions like 'it will blow your mind away' or 'if you thought TOLU or UC2 were great, then you have not see anything yet'

1 has so far, but they haven't been back to post impressions since they started playing.

Alienous

We did have a GAFer with the game, but we've either lost him to Uncharted 4 or Druckmann's Sniper Team. 8 hours gone from GAF, now.

Gurish

The dude from Reddit think it's better than Uncharted 2 + TLOU combined up until where he got.

Ricky_R

We need you far away from the review thread. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom