• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurish

This Thread is amazing!
Apparently it's Sony's fault, that they were robbed and so the street date was broken.
And we are taking conclusions on a whole Game being dark, because they changed the Menu music. This is gold
Not all copies that are in the wild are stollen, only the ones in UK, we have other places breaking street date.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
LMAO

ChHaHjJWgAEdXMR.jpg:large

entremet

Any Let's Plays on YT yet?

I might just watch this game first before playing since i'm a bit busy these days and I could just watch it work.

m4st4

I'll get a good night's sleep on Sunday, finish my shift on Monday (May 9), drive for two hours to get my copy slightly earlier, get back home and regenerate with food & drinks then PLAY THIS BEASTIE for as long as I can that day.

zkorejo

Update 1.02:
A glitch that caused "Nate's Theme 4.0" to not play at the title screen has been fixed

I wish this was possible. Unfortunately that is not going to happen and I doubt they will make such a dumb excuse like calling it a glitch.

I was afraid this might happen with the final game as soon as I saw the MP UI and heard the music in the menu in the beta.

Atleast it has confirmed to be not as bad as the beta UI though.

Venom Fox

Banned
What you are doing is really unethical... Those copies are the result of criminal activity. With victims. I hope you reconsider.
FFS, I wrote a whole post yesterday explaining that Franchised stores CAN get stock through the manufacturer. When I checked the stock that was in 2 CEX stores was legit. They had it under the pre release media category. If stock was bought in from a customer it would have been bought in as PS4 game stock and would have been available online which it isn't yet.

thenexus6

I like the listing descriptions on the eBay auctions now... £150 and £200...

Brand new Uncharted 4.
In stock! eBay does not allow games to be sold before release so this is advertised as a pre order.
Please contact me for more details.

Official game release is 10th of May 2016

Game is sent with next day signed delivery using Royal Mail.

If you have less than 10 feedback you order will most likely be cancelled so please contact me if you have less than 10 feedback and you are interested in purchasing.
London pick up available!!!

zsynqx

Cutscenes have like double the detail because the shaders are ramped up to the nines

It's the same assets during gameplay but the shaders are ramped down a couple of notches (you'll see far less detail).

Haha amazing.

As an aside: only in videogames could you get a guy in his early 30s playing the older brother of a guy in his 50s.

Troy Baker is 40

zsynqx

You don't know that

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/stole...rted-4/0166040

UPDATE: All Uncharted 4 stock sold at CEX and on eBay was the result of a violent assault and theft, PlayStation has said.

"We can confirm that unfortunately some contents from a lorry transporting a variety of video game and DVD titles, including a quantity of the much anticipated Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, was stolen in the UK, during a violent assault," a spokesperson told MCV.

"We are doing everything in our power to assist the police in their ongoing criminal investigation.

"To be clear, we have yet to ship any stock of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End to retail and so any suggestion that UK retailers have broken the official street date is not correct.

Seems pretty likely

FFS, I wrote a whole post yesterday explaining that Franchised stores CAN get stock through the manufacturer. When I checked the stock that was in 2 CEX stores was legit. They had it under the pre release media category. If stock was bought in from a customer it would have been bought in as PS4 game stock and would have been available online which it isn't yet.

So how did CEX get them if Sony themselves made it clear that they haven't sent any stock to retail in the UK yet? I'm curious as to why out of all retailers those two CEX stores seem to get special pre-release priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom