• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
13062249_1727268377527537_4348743549777272602_n.jpg

Checked my FL and now I'm jelly.

Gray Matter

So what's your theory then? That they just decided to delay it for two weeks for no reason?

There was a reason, I just don't believe the reason they gave us, to print more copies. I ain't buying it.

Someone didn't do their job if they didn't expect this game to sell gangbusters.

Kazaam

There was a reason, I just don't believe the reason they gave us, to print more copies. I ain't buying it.

Someone didn't do their job if they didn't expect this game to sell gangbusters.

Do you think that unknown reason was good enough to delay it though? Or do you think they did it just to play with our gray matter?

zkorejo

I believe if its not true then it jas definitely something to do with ratchet & clank's release.

The only reason they need to have not released the game early is that it's their game, and they can release it when they choose to.

They are under no obligation to do anything else.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't been to any of the mom and pops in Manhattan in a while (and I actually don't know of any around me here in Brooklyn). Any NYC pals wanna PM me in the right direction?

Gray Matter

So a violent robbery is not a good enough reason why some people have the game early? How entitled are you? Lol

Entitled? No.

The game got delayed twice for development issues, that I understand. The third delay is what I don't believe.

I'll wait my 2 weeks patiently because there's nothing I can do, I just simply don't believe their reason for delaying a third time.

rhino4evr

It's much easier to move a game release date than a movie release date. R&C is the sole reason. The reason that pisses people off is due to it being a marketing decision, not a quality decision.

I'm sure uncharted 4 trailers will be present on the theaters this weekend.

If the game didn't leak early, I don't think it would have been so suspect. Sure some of these games may be stolen, but I just cant imagine that all of them are.

Nice. Thumbs up from me.
Was hoping for something like this for the Title Screen, ever since the Announcement Trailer and drake washes up on shore.

Love a good Title Screen, and ND has done good with the Uncharted and The Last of Us.
Halo still has the wow factor for me, at time of seeing/playing

image.php

People need to take one step back and actually think about the manufacturing excuse.

If the game is just now being shipped to retailers world wide, why exactly does that make Sony's reason to delay the game bunk?

If anything, all that shows is that the excuse is legit: the game wasn't manufactured and ready to be shipped for the initial release date. That the game is being shipped to some stores ahead of time (WHAT A SURPRISE) doesn't actually negate that.

People need to take one step back and actually think about the manufacturing excuse.

If the game is just now being shipped to retailers world wide, why exactly does that make Sony's reason to delay the game bunk?

If anything, all that shows is that the excuse is legit: the game wasn't manufactured and ready to be shipped for the initial release date. That the game is being shipped to some stores ahead of time (WHAT A SURPRISE) doesn't actually negate that.
It's an excuse, the game was ready for an April 26th launch. they said themselves that they just merely delayed it because they wanted to do a Worldwide launch. Had they decided against that, we'd be playing UC4 right now.

I think they delayed it because they wanted to give R&C some breathing room in EU(April 22nd right?) They saw that as a reason and then decided that 2 weeks would be enough to also make it available worldwide. Sure April 26th may not have allowed them to a do a worldwide launch, then again was the 26th for EU too?

Rixxan

These next two weeks will be trying times

My own personal purgatory in which druckmann has abandoned me to wade through hordes of mindless hype beasters, all the while woefully tip toeing around spoilers

It's a goddamned nightmare, all of it

It's an excuse, the game was ready for an April 26th launch. they said themselves that they just merely delayed it because they wanted to do a Worldwide launch. Had they decided against that, we'd be playing UC4 right now.

I think they delayed it because they wanted to give R&C some breathing room in EU(April 22nd right?) They saw that as a reason and then decided that 2 weeks would be enough to also make it available worldwide. Sure April 26th may not have allowed them to a do a worldwide launch, then again was the 26th for EU too?

I mean, I'm not going to act as if had they prioritized one region over others, that region could not have had the game delivered much earlier.

But for a worldwide launch, their reasoning absolutely holds up. And this is a worldwide launch.

Stop being reasonable, that is not allowed on the internet.

It's a series staple that I loved. I am bothered by it, but I'm still excited for the game.

I'm pretty by it, especially since I just played all three in youtube to listen to and it gave me goosebumps (seriously, i am so hype for the game). However I'll get over it. Besides we can just play it on our laptop during the title screen.

Servbot24

Banned

I think they did it because they wanted to point and laugh at you specifically as you endure the burden of this hardship. Damn devs, how can they get away with this!

the store that i went to in Brooklyn (Bay Parkway, 86 ST) always broke the street date but hes no longer in business or he moved..

I know one in Jackson Heights on Junction Blvd but Gamestop moved in down the block and sent spies in. Then they snitched on them so they don't get shipments of big games early anymore.

I've breezed these forums long enough, you'd think i would know as to why people quote peoples pictures, lol
I guess it's time to ask. For emotion ?

It was just funny looking at your avy while you said you thought UC4's main menu was great seeing as how it's so similar to TLOU's menu. :)

I mean, I'm not going to act as if had they prioritized one region over others, that region could not have had the game delivered much earlier.

But for a worldwide launch, their reasoning absolutely holds up. And this is a worldwide launch.

That's why I said the reasoning was two fold imo. I think a worldwide launch was a great reason for the delay that is in fact legitimate while also helping out Ratchet to breathe. Two birds one stone.

Linconan

It was just funny looking at your avy while you said you thought UC4's main menu was great seeing as how it's so similar to TLOU's menu. :)
Cheers,lol
I thought i did something wrong, and i had to act like a Clicker and hit Refresh till i saw an answer. ha

Ontopic:
Hope Sony gets it all sorted out, and these thieves gets what's coming to them...
Hey, i think that Greg Miller stole my copy i'm supposed to have, "Sony Get Him!!!!!!"
*sigh.....

The wait is only 2 weeks, people can turn waiting that long... :p
No matter what, you've got to find something worth waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom