• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixxan

Why isn't this thread locked... lol

i kind of have to agree

the discussion in here hasn't been in line with the thread title for days now

to be frank i cant recall another "impressions" (not what this thread is supposed to be) thread thats been so recklessly occupied by teased spoiler discourse

almost no MOD interference to speak of in here, pretty disheartening considering the magnitude of the title

"so dont come in the thread then"

i get it, but like - should be able to utilize this forum without that fear, thats what makes GAF better than other places

This thread isn't about the easter egg. This spoiled the game for everyone reading.

ughh whatever dude. People in this thread were discussing spoiler free impressions. We somehow deserve to get spoiled because we want to go into the game fresh.

what you deserve or don't deserve isn't what this is about. It's about knowing the nature of the internet and balancing that with that with your need to remain spoiler free.

If you truly want to be spoiler free, stay away from things that might spoil you. It's that simple. otherwise, you run the risk of being spoiled whether it be intentional or not.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
If you're going to quote the troll, edit his quote first/remove what they wrote. You just help to spread his post otherwise.

OKK

The last two pages has definitely been something else... I can't stop thinking what the review thread will be like. Something between glorious and depressing.

People should avoid GAF for two weeks to not be spoiled about a game that isn't out yet? I'm sure EviLore agrees with that, it's not like his revenue comes from people using NeoGAF or anything.

This thread was originally trying to help people keep track of the game's distribution spread, and now it has a big spoiler on the last page.

You can stay on Gaf. I would just recommend not clicking on the Uncharted Threads if you are avoiding spoilers. Seems like its pretty risky as we get closer to release.

Fuck...why am I even posting this....I shouldn't be here! Bye.

barit

How to avoid spoilers 101

Step 1: GTFO the Internet
Step 2: do something else until the game comes out
Step 3: either succeed or relapse into browsing the web then crying when the very avoidable spoilers slap you in the face

Stop with the victim-blaming. Of course many of us want to discuss the game and everything that's happening around it WITHOUT the fear of getting spoiled. Maybe it's common that the Internet is not the safest place to do this but to suggest "yeah tough shit, deal with it" isn't helping either. Why not just accept the rules of NeoGAF and stay on topic and let mods handle the rest?

reKon

Banned
I think I read a couple of posts in this thread, but didn't see anything. I'm fucking out of here and I'm not going to deal with any of this bullshit since people seem to stupid. See you all after May 10th!

Ishan

So, what's the overall impression of this game? Is it better than UC2 or TLoU in gameplay/story?

Most ppl are really enjoying it and those giving impressions have been saying on par with uc2 below tlou but as there are early impressions from enthusiasts I would wait .but the general vibe is very well made really good game . I'm expecting 90 plus meta not uc2 or thou levels but up there near them

Quotes I've read include best uncharted a 10 on par with uc2 while uc3 is 9 uc1 is 8,and one saying great uncharted game but tlou is better

eso76

This doesn't make sense. No resources are being wasted because the model in-game is being rendered with far less detail, because the shaders are simpler/downgraded in gameplay.

The same model =/= the same load on memory, GPU, etc

Not the same, of course but still more than is necessary.
If it had absolutely no impact at then
A) there wouldn't be anything remarkable about using the same model ingame.
B) all games would do it, which is not the case.

Same model different lod, sure. But that's semantics.

Gurish

Most ppl are really enjoying it and those giving impressions have been saying on par with uc2 below tlou but as there are early impressions from enthusiasts I would wait .but the general vibe is very well made really good game . I'm expecting 90 plus meta not uc2 or thou levels but up there near them

Quotes I've read include best uncharted a 10 on par with uc2 while uc3 is 9 uc1 is 8,and one saying great uncharted game but tlou is better

And the good reddit guy (the one who doesn't spoil) think it's better than TLOU as well.

Anyway if we go by current opinions it should reach at least a 9 MC, taking into account that scores are lower this gen.

One guy think it's the best ND game, other ranked this and U2 as 10, means he think it's as good.

Sounds like this game will be great. I'm very curious to see if ND can outdo themselves again. TLoU was awesome and I hope UC4 will set another standard for the studio.

m4st4

How to avoid spoilers 101

Step 1: GTFO the Internet
Step 2: do something else until the game comes out
Step 3: either succeed or relapse into browsing the web then crying when the very avoidable spoilers slap you in the face

I modified the steps to my liking:

Step 1: GTFO the usual suspects (YT comments section, reddit, gaming forums)
Step 2: Stick to GAF (I pray these walls will hold for nine more days)
Step 3: The Walking Dead binge, Penny Dreadful season 3, Overwatch beta (make sure it's early access, that's two more days)
Step 4: DO NOT play with the spoiler thread here on GAF

FelipeMGM

wow, by the number of pages since my last post here, and some of the reactions, some spoilery shit happened in this thread

Glad I was out

EDIT: I did check the easter egg on the other thread tho, Im weak

Gurish

I modified the steps to my liking:

Step 1: GTFO the usual suspects (YT comments section, reddit, gaming forums)
Step 2: Stick to GAF (I pray these walls will hold for nine more days)
Step 3: The Walking Dead binge, Penny Dreadful season 3, Overwatch beta (make sure it's early access, that's two more days)
Step 4: DO NOT play with the spoiler thread here on GAF

Sticking to Gaf didn't prove to be so safe isn't it?

SaganIsGOAT

People should avoid GAF for two weeks to not be spoiled about a game that isn't out yet? I'm sure EviLore agrees with that, it's not like his revenue comes from people using NeoGAF or anything.

This thread was originally trying to help people keep track of the game's distribution spread, and now it has a big spoiler on the last page.

I am sure evilore weeps when some uncharted fans leave the site for a few weeks. im sure of it.

And the good reddit guy (the one who doesn't spoil) think it's better than TLOU as well.

Anyway if we go by current opinions it should reach at least a 9 MC, taking into account that scores are lower this gen.

I don't think this "this gen scores are lower" thing is true. Several games have come out this gen and matched or exceeded their last gen counterparts e.g.
Bloodborne
Bayonetta 2
Witcher 3

If this game is mechanically better, much more varied and deeper than UC2, I find it hard to believe that it can't match or exceed 2 in terms of impact. It seems like all it has to do is be well paced and have a great story. I think it'll get a 93 Metacritic minimum.

SaganIsGOAT

What is with this attitude?

People are just being silly. If one REALLY wanted to avoid spoilers they could exercise some self restraint and stay away from their typical web browsing until the game comes out. It is less than two weeks away, it isn't THAT hard to do lol. I just don't get why an individual who truly doesn't want their last Uncharted experience ruined would touch this site or any others for that matter with a 10 foot pool knowing well that copies are circulating and spoilers are everywhere.

Gurish

I don't think this "this gen scores are lower" thing is true. Several games have come out this gen and matched or exceeded their last gen counterparts e.g.
Bloodborne
Bayonetta 2
Witcher 3

If this game is mechanically better, much more varied and deeper than UC2, I find it hard to believe that it can't match or exceed 2 in terms of impact. It seems like all it has to do is be well paced and have a great story. I think it'll get a 93 Metacritic minimum.

All 3 games you mentioned are in the all time best lists of their respective genre and none of them is an high 9, so yea, it's harder to get that U2 scores as it used to be.

Besides after the (relatively) brutal scores QB got, I'm afraid cinematic games in general are not as loved as they used to be.

All 3 games you mentioned are in the all time best lists of their respective genre and none of them is an high 9, so yea, it's harder to get that U2 scores as it used to be.

Besides after the brutal scores QB got, I'm afraid cinematic games in general are not as loved as they used to be.

What do you mean?? All three of them are high 90's.

Bloodborne is at a 92
Bayonetta 2 is a 91
Witcher 3 is at a 92

Dark Souls 1 is at an 89, Dark Souls 2 91, Bayonetta 1 90, witcher 2 high 80s.

Oh come on man, bringing up QB is straight up disrespectful lol. Maybe that game just wasn't that good man? Ratchet and Clank got an 86 as a reimagining of an old game. That's very high considering the last mainline Ratchet got an 87.

Gurish

Bloodborne is at a 92
Bayonetta 2 is a 91
Witcher 3 is at a 92

Dark Souls 1 is at an 89, Dark Souls 2 91, Bayonetta 1 90.

Oh come on man, bringing up QB is straight up disrespectful lol. Maybe that game just wasn't that good man?

High 9 is 95+ man, how can a 91-92 scores can be high 9.

We talked about surpassing U2 and TLOU 95-96 scores, it's almost impossible this gen.

And I've seen lots of QB's gameplay and read gaf's impressions, 77 MC seems very harsh but I didn't play so I won't judge.

Ascenion

Bloodborne is at a 92
Bayonetta 2 is a 91
Witcher 3 is at a 92

Dark Souls 1 is at an 89, Dark Souls 2 91, Bayonetta 1 90, witcher 2 high 80s.

Oh come on man, bringing up QB is straight up disrespectful lol. Maybe that game just wasn't that good man? Ratchet and Clank got an 86 as a reimagining of an old game. That's very high considering the last mainline Ratchet got an 87.
Those are not high 90s. High at the least implies above a 95. Hell in most schools in my area those aren't even As. Which isn't to say they aren't great games, just not on that level.

Skele7on

Banned
I'll be back this evening with more impressions.

I will keep them classy like before.

That was my next question, so thanks. What about tone, mood and pacing? Does the exploration hamper the narrative beats or have they been placed at appropriate junctions like TLOU?

I'm not that far in but it starts like a rocket and then does a great job balancing out but then giving you additional OH DAMN moments from the start, Pacing is one of those things you don't truly see if there was an issue till after you beat the game.

High 9 is 95+ man, how can a 91-92 scores can be high 9.

We talked about surpassing U2 and TLOU 95-96 scores, it's almost impossible this gen.

And I've seen lots of QB's gameplay and read gaf's impressions, 77 MC seems very harsh but I didn't play so I won't judge.

Well bringing up QB is a disservice as that game looks NOTHING like UC4 quality wise.
I personally believe UC4 will PROBABLY hit 93 minimum. I don't see it scoring less than UC3 which was regarded as not as good as UC2. UC4 looks like a 94+ game. Oh well we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom