• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Fight for Fortune |OT| Fortune Telling Playing Cards

lump me in Tier B. gonna pop in my uncharted and start working on it. one day ill be in Tier C. i should go buy this game first.....

PSN: panama_chief

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
love the asynchronous play, have several matches at the same time lol

I wish we'd get more game saves though. 8 isnt enough if you know a few people playing the game.

darkwing

I wish we'd get more game saves though. 8 isnt enough if you know a few people playing the game.

yup, also the ranked match takes many retries to have a match started, maybe too few players now? although I have 3 going now lol

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Great OT Toma (as expected from you) !

I wonder if this can be addictive.

Downloaded it yesterday and played almost 4 hours straight.

... is that enough information on the matter?

(Thank you)

Lan_97

How is the variety of the base game? Kind of interested, but concerned about content of the base game (for example, I found Ascension iOS base set to be pretty limited)

Toma

How is the variety of the base game? Kind of interested, but concerned about content of the base game (for example, I found Ascension iOS base set to be pretty limited)

Which kind of variety? The SP quick matches let you adjust the AI matches any way you want. I think there is about 20-30 hours of SP content in the base game (after which you can still make quick matches against random opponents and go fight your ranks up in the MP).

zulfate

I was a big magic player back in the day does this have the same depth as magic the gathering? I beat uncharted golden abyss and i was like wtf are these cards for lol

That buyers recommendation guide is a thing of beauty, Toma. I'll probably pick this up when I get burned out on Persona 4, which doesn't appear to be happening any time soon. Eh, it's only $5 I guess I could get it now.

Lan_97

Which kind of variety? The SP quick matches let you adjust the AI matches any way you want. I think there is about 20-30 hours of SP content in the base game (after which you can still make quick matches against random opponents and go fight your ranks up in the MP).

Card variety, how differently matches play out game to game, variety in strategies and tactics when playing or deck building. Though I'll probably pick this up regardless as a companion game while I'm playing through GA.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Still got the savegame on the Vita? I dont think it will access your cloud saves. You only need to have the savegame on the Vita ONCE though, so after Uncarded integrated your savefile, you can kick Uncharted off your memory card again.

Oh, really? I can delete the 3 gigs Uncharted is holding? (After I figure out what the fuck those new cards are?)

I was worried it wanted it permanatly since it needed the app on the card...

I got some cards playing GA again and I don't think thats is related only to trophies in GA

I guess I should boot the game up, but I got all the treasures powered up but there's new treasures (like animals or something) that is apparently tied to Golden Aybss that I never saw in the game.

Toma

I was a big magic player back in the day does this have the same depth as magic the gathering? I beat uncharted golden abyss and i was like wtf are these cards for lol

No card game has the same depth as Magic. Uncharted does not try to accomplish this either. Its basic rules are rather easy to pick up and there are a few strategic elements that will reward careful planning and thinking. You also got stuff like trap cards, "mana" to play cards and what not, but its definitely a more simplistic card game.

However, if you are playing against a good player, you'll still have quite a bit to consider.

That buyers recommendation guide is a thing of beauty, Toma. I'll probably pick this up when I get burned out on Persona 4, which doesn't appear to be happening any time soon. Eh, it's only $5 I guess I could get it now.

Thats what I thought as well. $5 didnt hurt that much to try. Its nice to have games that I can play in short bursts, in comparison to something like Persona which needs some proper dedicated time.
And thanks :)

Toma

Card variety, how differently matches play out game to game, variety in strategies and tactics when playing or deck building. Though I'll probably pick this up regardless as a companion game while I'm playing through GA.

There isnt much deck building. I guess its sort of like the PC Magic games where you can chose to exclude some cards or not. I cant comment on different strategies so far yet, since I havent even unlocked any trap cards yet for example. The first MP match I played yesterday was very interesting though and you still need to careful plan and strategize your moves.

Oh, really? I can delete the 3 gigs Uncharted is holding? (After I figure out what the fuck those new cards are?)

I was worried it wanted it permanatly since it needed the app on the card...

There is a button on the live area of Uncarded that allows you to integrate the savegame of Uncharted. Once you did that, you can throw off UC.
Which also means, that if you progress in Uncharted, you need to link your savegame again for the updated savegame.

Corto

I'm I blind or I can't find you on the ID list Toma? I was sure you were there hidden when I was at work but now I wanted to add you and I can't find you.

Toma

I'm I blind or I can't find you on the ID list Toma? I was sure you were there hidden when I was at work but now I wanted to add you and I can't find you.

See PM :)

FMbarbarian

I platinumed Golden Abyss awhile ago, but deleted the bubble before I knew that saves were tied to it. If redownload the game will I be able to get the rewards or am I screwed?

I'm loving the fight for fortune single player. I've been wanting a card game on Vita since launch. I couldnt bring myself to fork over 30$ for Eye of Judgement.

Toma

I platinumed Golden Abyss awhile ago, but deleted the bubble before I knew that saves were tied to it. If redownload the game will I be able to get the rewards or am I screwed?

I'm loving the fight for fortune single player. I've been wanting a card game on Vita since launch. I couldnt bring myself to fork over 30$ for Eye of Judgement.

I assume the savegame wasnt uploaded to the cloud? You are screwed/tied to the bronze tier then :(
Glad you enjoy the SP at least though.

And if you think about redoing it, I think to be somewhat competitive in the ranked matches, its enough to play through the game once, instead of grinding every trophy.

Toma

GA and FoF just baaarely fit on the same 4GB memory card. Only 40MB left.

If you dont plan to trophy hunt/improve your treasure count, feel free to delete Uncharted again once you are integrated the save file into Uncarded.

(You might know, just to mention it again)

Toma

wow some AI cheating having 3 faction cards already on the table XD

The SP unlock mode? Its "build" to give a challenge. They set up your cards and the opponents cards for every challenge, so that you are up against problems like that.

zulfate

No card game has the same depth as Magic. Uncharted does not try to accomplish this either. Its basic rules are rather easy to pick up and there are a few strategic elements that will reward careful planning and thinking. You also got stuff like trap cards, "mana" to play cards and what not, but its definitely a more simplistic card game.

However, if you are playing against a good player, you'll still have quite a bit to consider.

Thanks for the info toma ill buy it tonight.....then im gonna whoop your ass! Boom! :)

I thoought i already posted this but neogaf on my phone is funky.

FMbarbarian

I assume the savegame wasnt uploaded to the cloud? You are screwed/tied to the bronze tier then :(
Glad you enjoy the SP at least though.

And if you think about redoing it, I think to be somewhat competitive in the ranked matches, its enough to play through the game once, instead of grinding every trophy.

Well I learned a valuable lesson. Always back up your saves, because you'll never know when Sony will release a card game tie-in to one of their franchises. I'm sending my LBP vita save to the cloud right now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There is a button on the live area of Uncarded that allows you to integrate the savegame of Uncharted. Once you did that, you can throw off UC.
Which also means, that if you progress in Uncharted, you need to link your savegame again for the updated savegame.

Well, despite having all the "Fetish"es, my Fetish card isn't powered up. WTF, Bend/Sony?

And I just double checked. Have all the bounties and treasures in GA. Fetish card and a few others aren't powered up. But I don't see a "Fetish" card tab in the treasures listing. So... WTF?

persongr

So, you guys developed any strategy yet?

I tend to do the following (I won't consider the cards as spoilers):

I play Eddy (2/Villain) and his pirates (2/Merc) and buff'em up with free defensive resources. Their combo is nice and provides a viable defence early on.

Also, i usually save up faction so i can summon a skeleton and empty the field really quick ;)

I dont quite understand your first question, but yes you can play both games at the same time.

And if you want to be somewhat competitive in the ranked matches, you should carefully go through the main campaign of Uncharted once. The more you find/unlock the better your cards in Uncarded get though, so feel free to find everything in Uncharted.

Don't worry about it, I answered my own question. Looks like I am going for Tier C.

Toma

So, you guys developed any strategy yet?

I tend to do the following (I won't consider the cards as spoilers):

I play Eddy (2/Villain) and his pirates (2/Merc) and buff'em up with free defensive resources. Their combo is nice and provides a viable defence early on.

Also, i usually save up fortune so i can summon a skeleton and empty the field really quick ;)

Well, it all depends on which starting cards you get, but I found a banking card in the first round immensely powerful.

Toma

Don't worry about it, I answered my own question. Looks like I am going for Tier C.

If you want me to add you in the OP, post your PSN name as well.

Number45

Hmm, seems I still need to get all of the fetishes from UGA. They're nothing to do with the platinum, you can only get them from the black market.

Toma

Added all the players to the OP that mentioned their tier and PSN ID so far. If I missed you, let me know.

Toma

jbbEFLon3FqOzV.jpg

One of my favourite cards so far. Banking a fortune card each round, revealing arcana AND more fortune.

<3

Toma

I still don't understand this from reading the OP. Am i just an idiot? Lol

Just buy it Carl, its not that difficult if you get your hands on it and its definitely a game being worth $5.
If you need it, I'll talk you through the tutorial :p

Finding ranked games is not easy. I only have two games going, both with the same guy and I can already tell I'll lose both matches.

Toma

Finding ranked games is not easy. I only have two games going, both with the same guy and I can already tell I'll lose both matches.

I only tried once and it worked fine for me that one time. Sucks to hear though, they should have allowed the accounts to have a setting for "Seeking ranked match". And if you click "Find me a match now" it would choose a random player from all players that "seek" a ranked match and were online within the last 24 hours.

Boggles my mind why its not integrated like that. In any case, sounds like not too many people are playing :( Sad to hear. Great little game.

Number45

I've played a couple of games and it makes more sense once you can see it in action. I think it would be better still explained in video format, someone playing through a round or two and explaining what's going on.

Corto

Had a ranked game with a guy that destroyed me completely hehehe Don't know how he was able to open with Drake card as its faction cost is 8!

Don't worry Carl. There's a tutorial that gets you through the basics explaining step by step what each stat means and playing the single player campaign will make you understand deeper strategies. Also the single player games are a series of 5 games against an specific AI with health handicaps that will decrease the more you play against it. So they give us training wheels and gradually remove them so we can finally ride the bike on our own. The learning curve was certainly something that these guys worked a lot on.

Toma

Had a ranked game with a guy that destroyed me completely hehehe Don't know how he was able to open with Drake card as its faction cost is 8!

Accepted your invitation btw :)
And opening with the Drake card? Weird.

Damn it, my saves for Uncharted are gone. After I finished it I deleted the bubble and I guess the saves are on that bubble because I just reinserted the game and none of my data is available so all my potentioal Uncarded loot won't happen. And now I'm too lazy to play the game again.

I guess I'll wait till Uncarded goes free on PS+

Toma

Damn it, my saves for Uncharted are gone. After I finished it I deleted the bubble and I guess the saves are on that bubble because I just reinserted the game and none of my data is available so all my potentioal Uncarded loot won't happen. And now I'm too lazy to play the game again.

I guess I'll wait till Uncarded goes free on PS+

Yeah, the saves were in the bubble. Uncarded is still good fun though, even without the Uncharted tie in. You can still unlock stronger cards in the SP part of Uncarded, which has quite a few battles to bite through.
You are of course still free to wait for it, though ;)

Top Bottom