• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Fight for Fortune |OT| Fortune Telling Playing Cards

Number45

Oh, that's why I don't have the Fetishes. Apparently they come from the Black Market/Near-ing if Near doesn't find any trades.

Guess I should start Nearing and see if I can get it to work. *sigh*
I have everything in the game, but the black market still isn't giving me any fetishes. I have one from a while back when a friend of mine (who I come into contact with daily on near) sent me one, but nothing since and I've tried multiple times. :(

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I have everything in the game, but the black market still isn't giving me any fetishes. I have one from a while back when a friend of mine (who I come into contact with daily on near) sent me one, but nothing since and I've tried multiple times. :(

I have no clue how these are supposed to work. Will need to do some research later.

Lan_97

Quick impressions after a few games

- It feels more like a boardgame card game rather than a collectible card game. Which isn't a bad thing, just a bit surprising given all the cards you unlock. This may change the more I play.
- Being restricted to preset cards is odd in the sp campaign when you are constantly unlocking new cards. This contributes to the feeling above.
- SP campaign looks very meaty if going for all unlocks.
- The way the sp campaigns are setup, there is no pressure to buy the UC2 and UC3 packs, unless you want the cards for multiplayer.
- UC:GA unlocks hand out significant bonuses (doubling attack and fortune values, etc). Perhaps this will be balanced when more cards are unlocked that are comparable in strength to GA powered cards.
- Fun game!

I wish deck customization was a bit more involved. I was surprised when I discovered you can only customize your people and not what fortunes and resources you're bringing in.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I wish deck customization was a bit more involved. I was surprised when I discovered you can only customize your people and not what fortunes and resources you're bringing in.
Yeah was a bit disappointed about that too, but by now I got the impression that these are concerns of balance. Everbody will get low level treasure, which sort of evens out any other disadvantages. Game would be over too soon too if you reliably get 40fortune cards every round.

Toma

Apparently this game has a pretty severe MP bug, where it sort of semi randomly will end MP matches. You wont encounter this bug if both players decide to "stay" in the game and finish the match in one go however.

Just a quick heads up.

Toma

...the second fight against the decendants starts off with
3 Descendants cards open right from the start
. Wtf.

Apparently this game has a pretty severe MP bug, where it sort of semi randomly will end MP matches. You wont encounter this bug if both players decide to "stay" in the game and finish the match in one go however.

Just a quick heads up.

I wonder if this is what happened to me when they other guys seemingly gave up.

Toma

I wonder if this is what happened to me when they other guys seemingly gave up.

Pretty likely. Had this happen 3 times in 6 matches now.
I wrote the dev a mail yesterday but havent told them about the bug yet, I'll let them know if they get back to me at all.

With this and the advantage people get by playing a lot of GA and the trouble I have to even find a game to begin with, I'm not really interested in the MP anymore. Only playing against the AI is a bit boring, but better than nothing I guess.

Toma

With this and the advantage people get by playing a lot of GA and the trouble I have to even find a game to begin with, I'm not really interested in the MP anymore. Only playing against the AI is a bit boring, but better than nothing I guess.

Yeah, I agree with the MP. This is rather game breaking. I'll let you know if they ever get around fixing that. Although, I still enjoy going through the SP, but yeah from what I played the gameplay shines in MP. Hope I can find out what exactly triggers the bug so that we can avoid it.

Toma

God damn, finally beaten Descendants Lvl2. Took me... 15 tries? Thats probably even lowballing it.

Edit: FUUUU, Lvl3 has the same start setup. Holy balls is that hard.

Toma

Any tips for that mission ?

Yeah. Restart the match until you get the Bodyguards card (Mercs faction) AND a +3HP free resource card. Equip that on the Bodyguards first round (Because the guy will play a "2 Damage to any card" card.)

That way you can a) get rid of one card in the first round and b) from next round on you'll only get 50% damage due to the Bodyguards ability (awesome card).
Then its just.. trying to get rid as many opposing cards while keeping your cards (especially the Bodyguards) alive.

Edit: Just beaten Lvl 3 with the same strategy.
Edit2: Level 4 as well.

Really enjoying the game. Never played a card game like this before so it took me maybe 4 or 5 matches to grasp what was happening. Bought the U2 pack - not because I needed the content but because it's my favorite game of this gen.

Toma

Really enjoying the game. Never played a card game like this before so it took me maybe 4 or 5 matches to grasp what was happening. Bought the U2 pack - not because I needed the content but because it's my favorite game of this gen.

Nice to hear others enjoy it :)
Got to the 5th opponent so far. The Descendants fights were almost like a puzzle to figure out.

Toma

Dilllon level 5 is... aggravating. Not quite sure how to tackle that.

The second level descendant is damn tough. Took me 6 goes before I managed to beat it. I've found that if your opponent starts off with a couple of cards then its really tough unless you get lucky with some resource cards. Or maybe I'm not that good at it haha

My psn I'd is Lee_and_Nomi if you want to add me

I'm really liking it though. If your unsure about it I suggest just diving and playing a few games.

Toma

The second level descendant is damn tough. Took me 6 goes before I managed to beat it. I've found that if your opponent starts off with a couple of cards then its really tough unless you get lucky with some resource cards. Or maybe I'm not that good at it haha

My psn I'd is Lee_and_Nomi if you want to add me

I'm really liking it though. If your unsure about it I suggest just diving and playing a few games.

Just you wait until lvl 5 Dillon...
I agree though, more people should just try the game.

Toma

Random information I just found out: You can click the Heroes/Mercs/Villain header to get an easier readable list of the cards in each faction.

Yanksfan

I'll be hopping on once I finish off Golden Abyss (should be any day now, I am on Chapter 32..seems like it might be the last one). Not that I collected all the treasures or anything, but I am hoping I get some more card bonuses for beating GA.

Toma

Damn

If you want, I'm ready to go again whenever. Though who knows if I'll ever get a win.
4 am now so i should probably go to bed soon, but I'll take you up on it ;)

Won two of my ranked matches so far, but looks like I'm going to lose my third. So far the GA stuff hasn't screwed me too much. I think what got me in Toma's game was that crazy faction synergy. Need to adjust who I bring in, I think.

Toma

Won two of my ranked matches so far, but looks like I'm going to lose my third. So far the GA stuff hasn't screwed me too much. I think what got me in Toma's game was that crazy faction synergy. Need to adjust who I bring in, I think.
Yeah, free faction bonusses are crazy awesome. One of the main issues because of which I'd argue that there is definitely some thinking involved against harder AI or human opponents.

Really enjoying this, slightly reminds me of pso3, I would like to be added to the list
PSN: Jemile
Tier: Gold

Currently going back trough Vita Uncharted to get all treasures and trophies.

Toma

FINALLY beaten Dillon Lvl5 last night. Sheesh. Couldnt even skip it because I was missing the second playing card still (instead of just an avatar or background).

Number45

That you're struggling with this doesn't fill me with confidence!

Given up on doing any more with GR, so I'm going to put some more time into this.

Toma

That you're struggling with this doesn't fill me with confidence!

Given up on doing any more with GR, so I'm going to put some more time into this.

I am quite a bit surprised by it, but yeah, the SP missions have some seriously tough challenges. Namely Lvl 2 Descendants and Dillon Lvl 5 so far.

Toma

I played a bit of multiplayer - sadly if you don't have platinum in UGA it's rather pointless when other side have it.

Yeah, they really need to allow for a tiered matchmaking and an option to play without powered up cards among friends.

STG

It would be jolly good if OP could add me to "Tier B: Silver"

STG - PSN ID: ageha_STG

still learning this game (this is my first card game ever besides baten kaitos)

Really, really enjoying this game - way more than I expected. It's ridiculously addicting - I've barely even touched Persona 4 in the past week because I just keep coming back to this. The final opponent in the single player is pretty great, I have to say. I'm enjoying the challenge that some of these fixed single player battles bring. The Descendents and Dillon have been the the toughest for me so far in some of their later matches, but I still have a few more people to five-star so those two might not be the worst yet.

I'm debating picking up the DLC. I was going to wait and hope for a price drop or PS+ discount since I was annoyed that they were advertised at 1.99 and are actually 2.99 but eh...I think I just want to see what the new cards will be more.

I'm oliemoon on PSN if anyone wants to play me. Silver tier is probably best (I have all of the treasure trophies, but none of the bounty ones and I don't plan to Platinum Golden Abyss).

Toma

Added both of you to the player list.

I'd really love to fight my way up the MP ranking, but the way its set up atm, thats hardly possible.I need to find a way to get in contact with OneLoop games for some suggestions and the bug report. Gonna hit them up on Facebook now I guess.

Edit: Lets see whether that worked. And I feel really bad for contacting someone on his personal FB page for official matters. Ugh. Hope they dont hate me for it.

Fox1304

Really enjoying the game.
If I can be added to the players list, haven't tried MP yet and would love to !
Currently Tier C, but eventually planing to re-do an UGA run ( deleted my save before Uncarded was announced ).

Fox1304 - PSN ID: Fox1304

Number45

I just finished the second match in the single player. Go me!

Yes, I mean the two-star Doughnut Drake match. I seem to have no time all of a sudden!

Toma

Really enjoying the game.
If I can be added to the players list, haven't tried MP yet and would love to !
Currently Tier C, but eventually planing to re-do an UGA run ( deleted my save before Uncarded was announced ).

Fox1304 - PSN ID: Fox1304

Added you.
Make sure to add Kassatsu and Absoludacrous on PSN, Absoludacrous will gladly play some matches with you I think.

Also, be aware of the fact that you need to stay "in the match" to reliably finish it atm. Takes about 20-30 minutes of dedicated playtime. It would probably be a good idea to talk about when to meet up for a match on GAF or PSN.

Owzers

I think the opposite, people complain about this because it's an "uncharted" card game, if it was a "sony" card game with an uncharted expansion set no one would complain too much(no one complains about a ninja gaiden table in zen pinball right?).

If it were a Sony card game i'd definitely be interested, just Uncharted seems plain.

Toma

If it were a Sony card game i'd definitely be interested, just Uncharted seems plain.

The game is better than what it may seem like at first. The cards offer a decent variety gameplay wise, and while I am not too interested in the Uncharted universe itself, I wouldnt exactly call the setting "plain". Though a battle royale style card game would be fun too of course. The metagame of upgrading the cards wouldnt be possible in such a title though, and I think that this is actually a pretty neat touch.

Fox1304

Added you.
Make sure to add Kassatsu and Absoludacrous on PSN, Absoludacrous will gladly play some matches with you I think.

Also, be aware of the fact that you need to stay "in the match" to reliably finish it atm. Takes about 20-30 minutes of dedicated playtime. It would probably be a good idea to talk about when to meet up for a match on GAF or PSN.

What do you mean by that ?
Asynchronous not working well ?

Toma

What do you mean by that ?
Asynchronous not working well ?

Yeah, half of all the async matches so far seem to bug out. I am trying to get in contact with the devs about it to report it to them, but so far they apparently havent read my mails.

If anything happens in regard to that, I'll let you guys know.

Didn't know there was an OT. Been playing this off and on. While I do enjoy it, it's not as deep as I was hoping. Was wishing it was like Lord of the Rings TCG deep :-/

Still fun though

Is there a trophy/treasures card boost guide? There is no way I am going to get all of those card boosts (ie all of those pointless trophies) but maybe I can concentrate on the best card boosts to unlock.

Toma

Is there a trophy/treasures card boost guide? There is no way I am going to get all of those card boosts (ie all of those pointless trophies) but maybe I can concentrate on the best card boosts to unlock.

Playing through UC:GA once is sort of mandatory to have a chance against a fully powered player.

After that, I think the most useful boosts are the grinding ones :/ Especially the weapons. Kill 100 enemies with the sniper rifle, pistol.. etcpp.

Playing through UC:GA once is sort of mandatory to have a chance against a fully powered player.

After that, I think the most useful boosts are the grinding ones :/ Especially the weapons. Kill 100 enemies with the sniper rifle, pistol.. etcpp.

Dammit. Those are the most annoying ones. I was hoping you'd tell me the treasures were the best bet. I have most the treasures, photos, charcoal drawings, etc...

So basically going back through on Crushing mode is a definite and mixing up the gameplay is a must...

I like Uncharted but it started to get bland towards the end, I don't know if I can stand all of that.

Might just start playing the card game then.

kerrak

Aside from addressing the mp bug, it would be a good idea to implement the option to play games without trophy boosts, and also to implement an optional timer to ensure a certain pace.

Top Bottom