• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Fight for Fortune |OT| Fortune Telling Playing Cards

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Its sort of annoying if a game doesnt do nicely in screenshots. There isnt much you can show people to get excited about it. Anyway, I'll probably try to get clean versions of the backgrounds so that anyone can use them as Vita wallpapers. Let me know if there is more interest in those:

8V0lL.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
One of my favourite cards so far. Banking a fortune card each round, revealing arcana AND more fortune.

<3

I'm guessing you haven't seen the "Get behind me if you want to live." Flavor Text wall card? That one is my favorite from the flavor text alone.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm guessing you haven't seen the "Get behind me if you want to live." Flavor Text wall card? That one is my favorite from the flavor text alone.

Oh, I havent even read much flavor text in cards yet. Feel free to make a screenshot and post them if you like them for whatever reason. That line is funny though. For a wall :p

TheSeks

Damn, Drake totally ran all over my ass. Seems the AI can get good if you let them gain traction before turn 5. Kinda similar to the Magic AI.

I'd probably pick this up if I hadn't lost my save data when I deleted Uncharted off my memory card. I'll have to give it another playthrough. I am glad they released this though, I hadn't heard of it until after I finished GA, and I kept getting cards and upgrading them while playing and was wondering what the hell I was supposed to do with them.

Toma

I bought the game and i cant find a game :(but am i doing something wrong?
Add someone from post 2 for some mp matches. Not that many players in ranked matches atm.

Dantis

Shall I buy this? I have no idea if like card games. The last one I played was Pokemon TCG for Game Boy Colour.

Toma

Shall I buy this? I have no idea if like card games. The last one I played was Pokemon TCG for Game Boy Colour.
At this point, I don't see any reason not to recommend it to anyone except diehard card game haters or people who can only enjoy card games that offer a huge amount of depth. The 5$ base game price, amount of content, ease of play, UC integration AND asynchronous MP (we need more asynchronous MP games) should make it an auto buy for anyone really. There went quite a bit of thought into the gameplay and it's really fun.

I also haven't seen a single negative opinion on GAF yet. You could be the first! ;p

Number45

Damn it, my saves for Uncharted are gone. After I finished it I deleted the bubble and I guess the saves are on that bubble because I just reinserted the game and none of my data is available so all my potentioal Uncarded loot won't happen. And now I'm too lazy to play the game again.

I guess I'll wait till Uncarded goes free on PS+
If you already have PS+, why aren't you restoring your Uncharted save from there?

How deep in the Uncharted theme? Is there voice clips? Music? Some kind of rudimentary story?
Not very deep, although I'm not far in. No indication that story will play any part at all anyway.

Toma

How deep in the Uncharted theme? Is there voice clips? Music? Some kind of rudimentary story?
No story, you only fight the characters of the UC game Universe after one another. They don't really distinct themselves in terms of "character", but more by the gameplay challenge they offer. Drakes first card is always Drake, which is one of the strongest cards in the game, so that makes him different to play than Elena.
I think they also tried to actively avoid scaring non-UC people away with too many tie ins, but at least the cards have some flavor text that is usually a quote by the depicted character. As I stated in the buying recommendation table, it's more important that you can sort of deal (pun not intended) with card games, than having an attachment to the Uncharted Universe.

While I agree that "battling" characters one after another doesn't sound too exciting, the gameplay is really well done and I'd argue that the 5$ price of admission is a great price to find out whether you are still able to like card games these days or not.

So glad they chose the base game + DLC model tbh. I feel that 5 vs 10 bucks for the initial investment would make a huge difference for people just checking out the genre. they know too well it is quite the niche genre. Makes it a whole lot easier to recommend to others.

Toma

Put me on the Silver tier list..! PSN: hanmik

love this game. just finished the UC2 matches last night..
Did you start with UC2 or already finished the base game as well? That would be... fast.

Hanmik

Did you start with UC2 or already finished the base game as well? That would be... fast.

I started with UCGA.. finished all the matches (but only once lol), and then went on to play UC2 (only once here also).. so I still have lots of matches to play...

Toma

I started with UCGA.. finished all the matches (but only once lol), and then went on to play UC2 (only once here also).. so I still have lots of matches to play...
Ah okay, I only step to the next opponent when I've completed the previous one. Question though, we're there some more challenges other than "beat X" in the base game as well? Saw that the Add ons make you do other stuff like keeping a certain card alive or something.

Hanmik

Ah okay, I only step to the next opponent when I've completed the previous one. Question though, we're there some more challenges other than "beat X" in the base game as well? Saw that the Add ons make you do other stuff like keeping a certain card alive or something.

in UC2 there are some games that
- requires you to overkill 3 cards and kill a certain card.
- requires you to overkill the opponent by a certain number.
and more..

in UCGA there are some games that require you to gather a certain amount of Fortune point..

that is what I remember right now..

darkwing said:
halp!

how do you defeat this bad boy?

try restarting the match.. sometimes you get much better cards to start with.. if not, use Eddy to take 2 points of Javier, Give him some defense and hope he survives untill the next round. That should take care of Javier, and the game gets alot easier..

Toma

Have you guys customized your deck?

Not yet, the only upside I could see is that you get certain combos more often. Meaning if you have 10 triplets of combo characters, excluding 2 triplets would mean the remaining combos could appear more often.

A comprehensive map which cards all react to each other would be mighty useful.

Hanmik

Not yet, the only upside I could see is that you get certain combos more often. Meaning if you have 10 triplets of combo characters, excluding 2 triplets would mean the remaining combos could appear more often.

A comprehensive map which cards all react to each other would be mighty useful.

I have tried to customize my deck.. but when I play a game it still includes the cards I have deselected.. hmm..

Hanmik

How long does a match typically last?

the shortest singleplayer match for me was like 3 minutes. The longest like 30+ minutes..

online.. MUCH longer, because you have to wait for the other guy to make a move etc.

btw. you can speed up matches by going to the menu and choose Options, game and set a mark in FAST GAME SPEED.. then the opponents move go way faster..

Toma

I have tried to customize my deck.. but when I play a game it still includes the cards I have deselected.. hmm..

The SP "campaign" isnt affected by the cards you select/deselect since those cards arent random. Should work in the quick match mode though.

Toma

I´m playing some online matches right now (vs. Friends).. but they still include the cards I have deselected..

Did you start the match after you deselected those cards?
Another bug then I assume.

Hanmik

Did you start the match after you deselected those cards?
Another bug then I assume.

ahh sorry just checked.. I was wrong, it was just one card that I thought I deselected but didn´t have it deselected.. lol..

I´m playing a match against Kerrak right now.. I´m sure he will kick my ass..

Toma

Added everyone so far.

Hanmik

I have sent a lot of friend request.. (no one has accepted :ó( )

does anybody else get this message..?

iz4SfeNpxyAJO.jpg

when they try a random or ranked online game..?

Toma

I have sent a lot of friend request.. (no one has accepted :ó( )

does anybody else get this message..?

iz4SfeNpxyAJO.jpg

when they try a random or ranked online game..?

This could very mean that there isnt anyone else online trying to get a ranked match atm. I'll add you on PSN now, but it probably wouldnt hurt to tell people via PM that they have been added on PSN if they dont frequent a thread.

Zoibie

I downloaded this last night, yet to give it a try but I'm optimistic about it given the impressions.

May as well go ahead and add myself to the list. PSN ID: Zoibie, silver tier.

Hanmik

This could very mean that there isnt anyone else online trying to get a ranked match atm. I'll add you on PSN now, but it probably wouldnt hurt to tell people via PM that they have been added on PSN if they dont frequent a thread.

no it doesn´t even search for a match..

Toma

no it doesn´t even search for a match..

Hm, weird then. I'll include that in the feedback mail I am sending to the dev atm. Anything else you might want to see mentioned?

Hanmik

damn I´m getting my ass kicked by Kerrak.. I really messed up with my first cards..
Hope I can turn the tide, but it just doesn´t look like it.

Toma

Alright, sent the developer my appreciation along with the question about the matchmaking issues and some suggestions for matchmaking, including:

- an option for players not actively hitting "ranked" match at the moment, to be included in the matchmaking search. Its async, so when I am in bed, and opted to want 1 ranked challenge, then there isnt any reason why someone "looking for a ranked match" wouldnt be able to find me. Would greatly increase the pool of available ranked matches
- include a tier system tied to the achievements in Uncharted (sort of like this thread has in post 2) to even out upgrade levels.

darkwing

Alright, sent the developer my appreciation along with the question about the matchmaking issues and some suggestions for matchmaking, including:

- an option for players not actively hitting "ranked" match at the moment, to be included in the matchmaking search. Its async, so when I am in bed, and opted to want 1 ranked challenge, then there isnt any reason why someone "looking for a ranked match" wouldnt be able to find me. Would greatly increase the pool of available ranked matches
- include a tier system tied to the achievements in Uncharted (sort of like this thread has in post 2) to even out upgrade levels.

cool, this is a perfect game for watching TV lol especially in online matches

Gonna pick it up tonight, if anyone wants to play a non-GA boosted game (A Tier, I guess), hit me up on PSN. PSN is the same, Absoludacrous.

Toma

Gonna pick it up tonight, if anyone wants to play a non-GA boosted game (A Tier, I guess), hit me up on PSN. PSN is the same, Absoludacrous.

Since you are the only A tier players atm, make sure to add kassatsu.

Toma

Just how bad is the power difference?

I think its sort of fine if you play against Tier B as well, but some items will still have like twice the impact. If you both have the same card out, one guy putting item a with a +2 attack bonus on it, while the other uses the same item with a +4 attack bonus...its bound to impact the "fairness".

I'd argue that its still possible to win against slightly less strategic players, but if you are up against someone equally as good as you, having a disadvantage can be very frustrating. Feel free to try though and report back on your experiences regarding that as no one else has done so so far.

I'll be getting this. What does the DLC do?
Other than make me angry.

More challenges with more cards (U2 & U3 themed) to unlock. If you play like I do (finishing every match from A-Z in order), you wont need the DLC for 20-30 play hours.Definitely fine to start out with the base pack.

I think its sort of fine if you play against Tier B as well, but some items will still have like twice the impact. If you both have the same card out, one guy putting item a with a +2 attack bonus on it, while the other uses the same item with a +4 attack bonus...its bound to impact the "fairness".

I'd argue that its still possible to win against slightly less strategic players, but if you are up against someone equally as good as you, having a disadvantage can be very frustrating. Feel free to try though and report back on your experiences regarding that as no one else has done so so far.

Alright, challenge accepted. Though I'm no stellar CCG player or anything.

Toma

Alright, challenge accepted. Though I'm no stellar CCG player or anything.

Please report back about your impressions against other "tiers". I already asked the developer about tiered match making but proper impressions would probably be more interesting to evaluate. Or maybe I was completely off base with my evaluation of the upgrade system, we dont know for sure really.

Lan_97

Alright, just picked this up. I'll start adding people from this thread, feel free to add me.

Tier B
LanZero_97

TheSeks

Oh, that's why I don't have the Fetishes. Apparently they come from the Black Market/Near-ing if Near doesn't find any trades.

Guess I should start Nearing and see if I can get it to work. *sigh*

Top Bottom