• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Khaleesi now has probably the largest, most ruthless and well trained army on any continent.

They said that about the Unsullied. Like Tyrion said we're not sailing to Westeros anytime soon. No way the Mereenese will allow Dothraki into their city. Plus white walkers are coming. None of what she does matters except for the Dragons.

Flare

Man it's just so absolutely disappointing what they're doing with Ramsey. I guess I should know better than to expect more but seriously, it's so damn stupid.

WarMacheen

They said that about the Unsullied. Like Tyrion said we're not sailing to Westeros anytime soon. No way the Mereenese will allow Dothraki into their city. Plus white walkers are coming. None of what she does matters except for the Dragons.

Dragons for the walkers, Dothraki/Unsullied for everything else. That would need a shit ton of boats though. And with that many soldiers I don't think the Mereenese really have a choice.

Werd

While I kind of like it not being Drogon that shows up and saves her again, at the same time it would be a lot easier to accept the Dothraki kneeling to her again were he there. Unburnt is nice and all, but.. eh..

Anyway, still a good episode.

I continue to be torn on whether not not getting the plot moving is worth every major event this season leaving me thinking "oh, well, that was easy." (Though I won't complain when the Kingsmoot is inevitably initiated and resolved within five minutes.)

Matsukaze

Episode was good and definitely built momentum. Better keep it going, D&D!

Goddamn, next week looking so good. Have fun with that, Bran.

WarMacheen

Also I was really hoping Sansa was going to be like, fuck it, you're not a snow, you are now a Stark, go get your fucking castle.

Gigglepoo

I'm so glad they didn't make Dany a damsel in need of rescue again. This season is totally all about girl power. Except for Osha...

Apt101

I love how in this episode they gave a lot of characters who were idle for a long time agency. Grey Worm, Missandei, etc. Dany gets to move her story forward, finally, and she didn't rely on some mythical beast. Hell even Jorah and Dario grew as characters. Sansa taking a position of authority. Baelish finally showing his cards. Jon revealing how death has changed him - I had that pegged all wrong, I thought it would make him more focused but the fear of death and sending other people to oblivion has made him meek. This was a great episode. Tons of character growth. I can't believe I am typing this, but, the writers of the show are actually doing what GRRM has failed to do in the last eight-ish years.

LordCanti

Not sure if face CGI'd on at the end there like Cersei last season. CSI team: Go.

- At least she didn't get raped before the inevitable knife in the throat. Not sure we needed another "Man, Ramsay is a dick" scene when they could have just stuck it in the letter. Umber's are definitely on team Bolton after this, so it really must be a Littlefinger (vale)/Wildling wombo combo that takes on Ramsay and his band of jolly good men.

- Everything at Vaes Dothrak seemed like half a book condensed into one episode. The "she emerges from the fire and everyone bows" thing being done again was unfortunate but who knows... maybe that's what is going to happen. Anything to save us from Tyrion and the Eunuch (who, if you hadn't figured out, doesn't have a penis).

- The reunion at Winterfell was nice to see and everything there was done well.

- King's Landing is getting interesting again with things finally going somewhere.

- Reek Theon found Littlefinger's teleporter like others have mentioned. No supplies, in rags, in the freezing cold, quite a ways from the sea, and he makes it unscathed to a boat and to Pyke in a snap. Then she thinks he wants to be... King? The guy that can't look her in the eye? That was a weird exchange.

I'm looking forward to the next episode, even if
Littlefinger's teleportation device strikes again. Seeing the Night's King again should be interesting.

DANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOHN AND SANSA REUNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<33333333333333333333333333333333333333

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Okay episode. D&D is really taking the ball and running with it, for better or worse.

The burning building was a mixed bag. It's a nice call back, but then I was also like... again? Also, apparently, they doused the entire floor in alcohol for everything to catch on fire.

Jon and Sansa reuniting was good. Definitely cathartic to see.

When Davos was talking to Mel, in my mind I can't help but think it's just Jon gathering his party in an RPG.

Or just throw him out of the window of the tower

She's so dead set on reclaiming the North I really think she's gonna ultimately let it slide after having Brienne threaten the shit out of him.

Also, Sansa is a fucking BOSS. I hope this continues because I am loving it.

WarMacheen

Okay episode. D&D is really taking the ball and running with it, for better or worse.

The burning building was a mixed bag. It's a nice call back, but then I was also like... again? Also, apparently, they doused the entire floor in alcohol for everything to catch on fire.

It was obviously planned, with the doors barred and guards killed. They just didn't show the set up of dosing the place before the meeting. Besides, the place was made of fucking wood and straw in a very dry climate....doesn't take much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom