• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apt101

That is the first time someone has attacked Ramsay. Too bad he expected it. I mean, he should have expected it, but Osha did Rickon a disservice by not laying down her life the second they tried to take both of them to Winterfell.

That wouldn't fit with her character. She'd buy her time and deal with shit later, as she tried to do. I just think it was a sad send off for a good character.

LordCanti

"if they find a stab wound on the body we're fucked"

*crushes head with rock*

ok

I think the Khal's reaction would have been "fuck that guy" either way for sure. It was kind of funny that they thought the Dothraki PD would be on the case though.

"It looks like this guy was stabbed Johnson" "You're right sir, that narrows our list of suspects down to....everyone in the city"

How does that one dude identify the guy if his head was smashed in? Also, Daario is a sick bastard.

Dental records?

Turin

Banned
The feels when Jon and Sansa reunited. *-*

Theon's home with his sister. *-*

RIP, Osha. ;_;

At least he didn't flay or rape Osha. She went out on her own terms.

Indeed. I knew she'd die but was dreading how it'd go down for a whole week.

RaidenXZ

Not nitpicking about the show or anything but just hoping for some clarification of sorts.

So, if I remember in the books, Dany did actually get burnt by Drogon in the Meereen fighting pits after he came and messed everything up. And George also confirmed in an interview that she wasn't immune to fire right? Just wanted to make sure I was remembering correctly and that that was all clearly changed for the show.

Also, didn't Emilia Clarke make a big deal about not wanting to be nude on the show anymore? So if so, was that a body double / CGI version of her for the end? Just like they did for Cerseis walk?

Kahoona

So is Littlefinger going to try to marry the Arryn kid to Sansa in exchange for helping her defeat the Boltons? In fact, I bet it's Littlefinger who handed over Rickon in the first place.

LordCanti

One of the khal's specifically says his head was bashed in with a rock. Maybe he also bashed the stab hole, maybe he didn't. In any case it didn't matter because no one liked that guy anyway apparently. Also no one noticed the other guy that had his neck snapped.

Also, didn't Emilia Clarke make a big deal about not wanting to be nude on the show anymore? So if so, was that a body double / CGI version of her for the end? Just like they did for Cerseis walk?

Looked a little off to me in a "maybe this is a face CGI'd onto another body" sort of way, but that could have been because the fire was CG. I don't blame her for not wanting to do any more considering that it's about time Dany got on to bigger and better things (like conquest).

cj_iwakura

Not nitpicking about the show or anything but just hoping for some clarification of sorts.

So, if I remember in the books, Dany did actually get burnt by Drogon in the Meereen fighting pits after he came and messed everything up. And George also confirmed in an interview that she wasn't immune to fire right? Just wanted to make sure I was remembering correctly and that that was all clearly changed for the show.

"Only if I'm on fire first"
"Well, okay..."

ryseing

So is Littlefinger going to try to marry the Arryn kid to Sansa in exchange for helping her defeat the Boltons? In fact, I bet it's Littlefinger who handed over Rickon in the first place.

The main theme of this episode was Sansa finally having agency. She isn't marrying anybody.

I'm going to speculate that Brienne and Davos kill Melisandre. Jon then kills Brienne.

But Brienne admitted to Davos that she killed Stannis. I think they're going to ally together despite their differences because they all want Jon and Sansa to take back the North, even though they all have different reasons for that.

Man , this season saved the show for me.

I was ready to check out in Season 5 with a whole lot of nothing and terrible pacing but S6 fixes everything... It retroactively makes S5 better with the slow boil plot building.

The pacing is perfect in S6. Things happen every episode to progress the story in a meaningful way and have weight.

Im really satisfied with the direction, I really didn't expect this.

So, what the hell did the High Sparrow tell Tommen that he then told Cersei? That he's going to have Margaery "atone", letting them think he's going to march her through the streets like he did with Cersei?

Kahoona

The main theme of this episode was Sansa finally having agency. She isn't marrying anybody.

Yes, but she needs an army and Littlefinger isn't just going to hand over the Vale's to her. He always has an ulterior motive and puts people in positions they can't say no to.

MisterR

No the Emilia Clark not doing nudity was bullshit. She's said she has no problem with nudity.

Apt101

But Brienne admitted to Davos that she killed Stannis. I think they're going to ally together despite their differences because they all want Jon and Sansa to take back the North, even though they all have different reasons for that.

That makes more sense. I now think you're right.

That last part was kind of awkward, it looked really cheap, these Khals were so lame even in season 1 the Khals were better. I'm glad we are over this now and also very happy Dany wasn't Drogon rescued again.

I just thought that was so dumb. I am just so incredibly sick of Dany. She is the female equivalent of Ramsay- completely one note and boring as hell. Nothing is going to touch her plot wise and it's like even in the show she knows she has plot armor so she just goes around acting so damn smug to everyone regardless of the situation.

I mean, great, in the show she can't be burned. Fine. But how many Khals were in that room? Maybe 10 or so? Fair enough, she tipped over a brazier but why didn't any of those dudes just run over and body slam her or attack her? Instead these guys, the biggest warriors of the Dothraki, just run around like some chickens with their heads cut off and wait for some girl to tip over some lamps at them?

Dany is just right up there with Ramsay as being my least favorite character in the show right now just because they're both so one note and loaded up with Plot Armor. Ever since Season 1, Dany has barely taken any losses. Even the stuff with Meereen, where she faces some adversity, she gets out basically unscathed and same again now that she brings the Dothraki to their knees by tipping over some lamps. It doesn't help that I just can't find Dany to be a very likeable character at all either. She's basically undergone zero character development the last handful of seasons. She just acts imperious and smug to everyone while reciting her titles and how awesome she is because she has dragons or flame retardant skin as a magical get out of jail free card.

The early books and seasons were great in part because they set up so many genuinely likeable and unlikable characters that ended up suffering fates that you didn't see coming and yet the story kept moving on without them. At least in the show, I feel its getting really predictable with certain characters like Ramsay being destined to have a showdown with Jon Snow and Dany not going to be touched until she faces the Others. Maybe I'll be wrong there but I just get the impression the show is going to sort of play it straight with a lot of these plots down the stretch now that they don't have the books as a detailed road map.

Man , this season saved the show for me.

I was ready to check out in Season 5 with a whole lot of nothing and terrible pacing but S6 fixes everything... It retroactively makes S5 better with the slow boil plot building.

The pacing is perfect in S6. Things happen every episode to progress the story in a meaningful way and have weight.

Im really satisfied with the direction, I really didn't expect this.

Season 6 is definitely better than 5. But let's not go crazy saying Season 5 is retroactively better because of 6. If anything, a lot of the developments in season 6 so far have made Season 5 seem even more pointless and a waste of time.

Like Dorne? What was the point there? Sansa marrying Ramsay? Its not like we didn't know Ramsay was insanely evil already.

So, what the hell did the High Sparrow tell Tommen that he then told Cersei? That he's going to have Margaery "atone", letting them think he's going to march her through the streets like he did with Cersei?

I always tune out when that old man is talking, he's just babbling about stupid crap. Someone needs to off him soon.

Yes, but she needs an army and Littlefinger isn't just going to hand over the Vale's to her. He always has an ulterior motive and puts people in positions they can't say no to.

After last season, he owes her wayyyyy more than she owes him. And if interviews with the actor are anything to go by, Littlefinger feels legitimately awful for what happened to her.

Kickz

Fucking sick of Dany and her usual BS side show, just shut the fuck up and get to Westeros already pepperoni nipples!!!

Other than that, hell yes at Snow and Sansa joining forces!

Gigglepoo

No the Emilia Clark not doing nudity was bullshit. She's said she has no problem with nudity.

“I’d like to remind people the last time I took my clothes off was season 3,” she says. “That was awhile ago. It’s now season 6. But this is all me, all proud, all strong. I’m just feeling genuinely happy I said ‘Yes.’ There ain’t no body double!”

MisterR

“I’d like to remind people the last time I took my clothes off was season 3,” she says. “That was awhile ago. It’s now season 6. But this is all me, all proud, all strong. I’m just feeling genuinely happy I said ‘Yes.’ There ain’t no body double!”

Yep it's legit

Will Jon, Sansa and their band of marry men visit the Manderly's or Mormonts first?

Well, it could just be that Davos (and co.) will go to Mormonts as we have seen in the trailer and Sansa/Jon will go to Manderlys if they decide to split. If not then it would make sense to go to Mormonts first since it's much closer to the wall and much faster to travel with a ship. But then again this is the show with Littlefinger teleporting all over the place so who knows.

boxter432

OK, Melisandre may very well bite it this season. It seems likely. However, Brienne is sworn to protect Sansa. No way does Jon kill her, for any reason.
I've been rewatching previous seasons and meli says to arya that they will meet again or something (after she talks about her eyes)

So I guess season 5 was them going slowly to let George catch up and now they're like screw it and going pedal to the metal.

That Sansa and Jon reunion.

Euron

I would take an hour long episode of Ramsay brutally killing off characters left and right if it means we get CleganeBowl this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom