• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apt101

Wow massive spoilers, I think they fucked up with the thumbnail of their preview on HBO Now: (EDIT: to reiterate, this seems like a massive spoiler so do not click if you're avoiding them)

That's right, multiple Children and they're not beyond the Wall, clearly. This is either a flashback or possibly takes place on that island with all the trees.

It's what her arc should have started to become last season. Don't know why they had to do all that other stuff to her instead of just having chaos at the wedding and Brienne helping her escape.

Yep. Without relitigating season 5, they could have had her find out what a monster Ramsay is and escape without having the rest of that plot happen. Very excited for it.

pJkMHpa.gif

Holy shit i almost forgot about that. His bond villain had like the worst plan of any bond villain. He basically just wanted to create a nuclear confrontation just to get his TV ratings up.

belushy

Banned
Wow massive spoilers, I think they fucked up with the thumbnail of their preview on HBO Now:

That's right, multiple Children and they're not beyond the Wall, clearly. This is either a flashback or possibly takes place on that island with all the trees.

Those things are so damn creepy lol

This show is dumb as shit now but it is very entertaining. Like the Dany thing was cool but it feels hilariously unearned. Like, wow that was fast. I also got the impression that Littlefinger knew that Sansa was going to escape somehow.

Also lol at the High Sparrow's ruse. KL is so fucked.

Wow massive spoilers, I think they fucked up with the thumbnail of their preview on HBO Now:

Can you please change your post so your post text links to the image? Spoiler tags for images don't work on mobile. Thanks!

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Wow massive spoilers, I think they fucked up with the thumbnail of their preview on HBO Now: (EDIT: to reiterate, this seems like a massive spoiler so do not click if you're avoiding them)

yH2d7e7.jpg

Neato.

X-Frame

Getting really, really, really sick of Ramsay. Hopefully he is defeated and killed in like 2 episodes so we can get on with the "real" inevitable war.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Whatever else happens I can say I'm pretty damn certain that Dany stuff will not go down anything like that in the books.

Best part of the episode was the Jon/Sansa material. Does seem like this season is largely a slow burn to a massive showdown at the end. Can only hope that lives up to the buildup. On the positive side, there will probably be a lot of Stark victory moments before the season is over.

Killzig

yH2d7e7.jpg

HEY YOU GUYS LIKED THE SAND SNAKES, RIGHT? LET'S DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT AGAIN.

ryseing

Ending was stupid. Can't really complain though because I am excited about a plotline for the first time in years. Stark family reunion + Bastardbowl is compelling as hell- Kit and Sophie are killing it, and having Littlefinger, Davos and Melisandre together could lead to some great stuff.

Apt101

Ending was stupid. Can't really complain though because I am excited about a plotline for the first time in years. Stark family reunion + Bastardbowl is compelling as hell- Kit and Sophie are killing it, and having Littlefinger, Davos and Melisandre together could lead to some compelling stuff.

I'm going to speculate that Brienne and Davos kill Melisandre. Jon then kills Brienne.

Perhaps if an image has "major spoilers" we can stop repeatedly quoting it. Especially since spoiler tags don't hide images on mobile. So yeah, thanks guys.

Euron

Interesting

I really like the improvements in design that they made. I was kinda pissed how little they did with Bloodraven so at least they went all out on the CoTF.

Apt101

Why is that? That seems impossible right now.

The truth of what happened to Shireen will come to light. A lot of people saw it. Davos will of course not abide by it, and Brienne will be the knightly self she is and do the duty. I'm guessing Jon and Mel will grow closer and so he will avenge her. It also fits the character/spirit of the show. A sensational battle between Jon and Brienne.

I'm probably wrong as fuck but I'm just throwing it out there.

mantidor

That last part was kind of awkward, it looked really cheap, these Khals were so lame even in season 1 the Khals were better. I'm glad we are over this now and also very happy Dany wasn't Drogon rescued again.

Osha deserved so much better, what an absolutely pointless plot.

Just admit it, GAF, we all want to see Tormund and Brienne bang and then see Jamie try to take her back by force and the fight that ensues. Jamie vs Tormund. Sunday Sunday Sundayyyyyyyyy.

It is known.

Apt101

Interesting

I really like the improvements in design that they made. I was kinda pissed how little they did with Bloodraven so at least they went all out on the CoTF.

Blood Raven is treated incredibly poorly in the show. No birthmark, which is his trademark. Two eyes. No wispy demeanor and no long hair. No calm cunning. It's basically a different character. But I guess even book readers wouldn't know all of this unless they read the Dunk and Egg novellas.

Kallor

They're ruining Ramsay. I just smh and think, "shes next!" "Oh hes dead"

Its like the perfect time for an intermission. Hes predictable and boring.

Good episode otherwise. Next weeks is gonna be killer though, I'll bet.

They're ruining Ramsay. I just smh and think, "shes next!" "Oh hes dead"

Its like the perfect time for an intermission. Hes predictable and boring.

Good episode otherwise. Next weeks is gonna be killer though, I'll bet.

We all knew Osha was going to get the axe there. I mean, to be fair, she should have gotten it in season one.

Gigglepoo

Best episode of the season. Even the stuff I saw coming (Theon reunion, pink letter) were done really well.

And I liked how Dany got free. Better with her own strength than needing to be rescued again.

Good on D&D!

Speevy

Banned
Show Osha was actually really cool. It's a drag they fed her to the comic book villain Ramsay.

That is the first time someone has attacked Ramsay. Too bad he expected it. I mean, he should have expected it, but Osha did Rickon a disservice by not laying down her life the second they tried to take both of them to Winterfell.

cj_iwakura

Show Osha was actually really cool. It's a drag they fed her to the comic book villain Ramsay.

I liked the 'I've seen worse' bit, but she was dead as soon as she reached for that knife.

I think they're setting up some Davos/Brienne conflict. That'd be an interesting fight.

I guess they did the Osha thing because she was too big a character to kill off-screen without some fans kicking off but they didn't really have any purpose of her being in the story. Just giving her to Ramsay like that was a bit dull though. Good episode, solid 8/10. This has been a great season so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom