• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Two hours...

t1461546000z1.png

bts_rosh.gif

I firmly believe that if D&D would stop relying on coincidence, 80% of the show's problems would be solved. Examples: Brienne and The Hound meeting up, Dany dropping her ring for Jorah et al to find as a Khallasar rides up, Jamie and Bronn going for Myrcella the same moment the SSes do, etc, etc ,etc.

Way too late for that, i wonder if it will be harder to judge the quality of their made up shit when we don't know the alternative

Probably. tbt to when they had Jamie rape Cersei and then clarified it wasn't supposed to be rape. That's still the most confusing change since I'm just left confused as to what that was even supposed to depict. They ahve a twisted definition of rape if that wasn't rape.

Jon's not dead he's surely alive he's livin on the inside of a giant direwolf

I think it would be tricky for them to get a wolf to look at the camera with a pained expression for 20-25 minutes each episode. Much simpler if they stick with the actor.

Maybe in the books.

I firmly believe that if D&D would stop relying on coincidence, 80% of the show's problems would be solved. Examples: Brienne and The Hound meeting up, Dany dropping her ring for Jorah et al to find as a Khallasar rides up, Jamie and Bronn going for Myrcella the same moment the SSes do, etc, etc ,etc.

But none of those things are examples of the show's real writing problems. Coincidences aren't the issue.

I think it would be tricky for them to get a wolf to look at the camera with a pained expression for 20-25 minutes each episode. Much simpler if they stick with the actor.

Maybe in the books.

I disliked Kit for most of seasons 1-3 but thought he did a pretty good job the last two.

I wouldn't mind it doing its own thing if its own thing was at least as good as GRRM's material, but seeing as most of the original material is trash I'd rather they stick as close as possible to the books. Already too late for that though I suppose.

I just think its kind of telling that the showrunners are kind of floating the idea that there are only about 10 -15 hours left of material for Game of Thrones after this season. So they're basically saying they can end this whole thing in 2 to 2.5 seasons? I'm assuming The Winds of Winter will be another massive book and if A Dream of Spring ever comes out it would be similarly massive. And yet all that would only constitute a couple seasons?

That kind of thing just makes me worried how quickly these next couple seasons will just burn through all the material and go from bullet point to bullet point as fast as possible. The first 3-4 seasons of the show were just really solid but season 5 really left a bad taste in my mouth, mostly from the original material they slotted in that rarely felt like it made much sense. And that's where my concerns lie going forward- D&D did a decent job adapting the first 3 books where they had a solid roadmap to work from but without that solid roadmap of the books, I'm thinking we'll end up with more "Bad Pussy" quality writing and cheap, unearned shock deaths.

Maybe in the books.

Have you seen Kit in interviews? I think that pained look is his default expression.

mantidor

Yeah, S3 was already a shitton of Ramsay and when they were finally done breaking Theon and Roose showed his true colors during the Red Wedding I was like "great now Roose can be let loose" and then.... nope.

Roose is an awesome villain, Ian Mcathalon (whatever is spelled) is amazing, I'm so sad the chances Ramsay kills him are kind of high for this season.

Nothing is more dishearting than hearing casual viewers fawning all over Ramsay and how bad he is and how he's "worse than Joffrey", it makes me rolls my eyes to hell and back.

I'd ascribe the problems in places like Dorne and the North as the plot overriding character motivations, poor pacing, and with Dorne poor casting/directing and poorly written dialogue. Nitpicks about the Hound and Brienne meeting aren't even on the list of things I'd complain about.

Roose is an awesome villain, Ian Mcathalon (whatever is spelled) is amazing, I'm so sad the chances Ramsay kills him are kind of high for this season.

Nothing is more dishearting than hearing casual viewers fawning all over Ramsay and how bad he is and how he's "worse than Joffrey", it makes me rolls my eyes to hell and back.

2yynocw.gif

they really squandered his talent tbh

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Well, Ollie is obviosllie an improved genetic copy of Jon developed to replace him and lead The Resistance against the White Ones should Jon fail, so in a manner of speaking, the first ep prollie.
Did Dave Hill come up with that?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I really am interested in where they take Melisandre this year...her pained look on S5E10 was the perfect change of character for someone who was once so confident.

In the book I think is was more than reasonable to expect Jon warged into Ghost, they built that up with the same seemingly happening with Robb and then with Jon and Arya both having wolf dreams, Arya's wolf dreams had a pay off with her and the cat so one would have to imagine Jon would have his moment too with Ghost. Not to mention the prologue.

Watching live, wheee!

Oh Olly, not you too!

Motherfucker!

In the book I think is was more than reasonable to expect Jon warged into Ghost, they built that up with the same seemingly happening with Robb and then with Jon and Arya both having wolf dreams, Arya's wolf dreams had a pay off with her and the cat so one would have to imagine Jon would have his moment too with Ghost. Not to mention the prologue.

I think there is a good chance that is the divergence.

Which of course means he doesn't really do anything important this season when in "show human form".

I find myself almost more excited for After The Thrones than the actual show lol. Still, looking forward to seeing whatever waits in this (mostly) post-ADWD future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom