• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabig2

1 of Tormund and Wun-Wun will be dying tonight. Hopefully not both. And I hope Ghost doesn't throw himself on a shield wall and get stabbed to death.

p0rl

Ramsay will either sneak away in the chaos or good guy Jon will imprison him. I really don't think hes going to get his comeuppance, because everyone is expecting it.

I think Tormund will be okay unless the Wildlings are utterly wiped out.
I think they are too important as a faction and the show needs them to have a known character to act as their voice.

Tormund also lets Jon have conversations on screen that would be his thoughts in the books.

I'm hoping for a surprise death though. There's been way too much plot armour in this season.

bengraven

Pretty sure Rickon is going to die.

I know DD can't risk not doing the "that's your brother burning on the X" thing. "only this time?! It's really him and not a miller's son!"

.JayZii

Banned
I don't want Ghost to die tonight; just Ramsay, thanks.
Rickon is dead meat.

I wonder if they'll do the Arya/Nymeria warging thing once she gets back to Westeros. Or did her direwolf die on the show? I can't remember.

Gigglepoo

Think it was when he returned from the blackwater

That's it. And then he spent half a season locked in a jail cell.

I wonder if they'll do the Arya/Nymeria warging thing once she gets back to Westeros. Or did her direwolf die on the show? I can't remember.

Her wolf is still dead. It would be preposterous to have her or Jon warg now, though. Way too late to throw that into the mix.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I could see Davos dying over Mel. Davos has had quite a bit free time, plus how would he be useful to the plot? Mel has had barely any screen time this season besides the first few episodes.

Meli and Davos can't survive around each other for long. Eventually Davos is going to find out about Shireen, and I doubt anyone will be able to talk him down from trying to kill her.

bengraven

Mel is not going to die tonight because she saw herself walking the battlements of Winterfell in the fire, so that has to happen first.

She gives birth to Jon's shadow baby on the battlements and then Ramsay feeds it and her to his hounds. (1% chance this will happen)

or

Davos kills her on the battlements after discovering the pyre. (110% chance this will happen)

Speevy

Banned
Gotta love the "this character doesn't have anything else to do, let's kill him!" mentality.

hqdefault.jpg

MaGlock

Doesn't Mel look deep into ayra's soul and say they will meet again? Back when she meets up with thoros, d and d just gonna forget about that?

Gigglepoo

Doesn't Mel look deep into ayra's soul and say they will meet again? Back when she meets up with thoros, d and d just gonna forget about that?

Didn't Beric forget who he used to be? Didn't Talisa, Rob, Doran, King Robert, Drogo, the stable boy Arya stabbed, and Barriston die quickly from stab wounds? Didn't Thorne let Jon and the Wildings through the wall? Consistency isn't something D&D care about.

Madness

It makes me sad when people think character development, motivations, thematic resonance, consistency, and world building are filter.

Do you only care about basic plot details in stories?

It is why the last few Harry Potter films were shit. The acting abilities increasing notwithstanding but for fantasy, world building is paramount. It is the small details, motivations, and things like 'world rules' that give a grounding to the viewer. Things like Bran Stark telling the story of the Rat Cook right after the Red Wedding imprints just what a horrendous thing Walder Frey had done.

Having it just be an overarching A to B sprint to finish, just a basic story is the worst. This show is going to sputter across the finish line after starting so strong.

Apt101

Jon is going to fail the first quick time event tonight and it will seem as though Ramsay has his number. But we all know there is always a second chance, and Jon will nail it. All mashing on the controller, he'll manage.

Madness

It Littlefinger and the Knights of the Vale actually come and save Jon and Sansa right at the moment of utter defeat you know it means the writing is almost elementary level.

That is what is going to happen though.

Turin

Banned
Jon is going to fail the first quick time event tonight and it will seem as though Ramsay has his number. But we all know there is always a second chance, and Jon will nail it. All mashing on the controller, he'll manage.

Jon's faced worse than Ramsay.

No really, Sansa. He has.

It Littlefinger and the Knights of the Vale actually come and save Jon and Sansa right at the moment of utter defeat you know it means the writing is almost elementary level.

That is what is going to happen though.

It's a fantasy trope even this series hasn't really attempted to avoid. Blackwater and the attack on Castle Black both end with a savior riding in to save the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom