• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron87

Actually impressed there wasn't a swerve. There were so many opportunities! Suppose that's the power of 6 seasons of misery.

Mechanics of the battle were a little weird, but I'll take it.

So hyped for the season finale. Cersei gonna burn a city down. Dany bout to realize that the real game begins now. Jon sits on the (winterfell) throne. Should be good times.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Thay was definitely one of the best major battle episodes. There were so many things in llay, characters, Rickon, Jon being trampled, Wun Wun, Ramsay getting fucked up and his death.

Rickon dies as he lived, irelivent

jdstorm

Banned
If Sansa had told John about little finger he wouldn't have acted differently. It's not like Littlefinger is exactly trustworthy.

Sansa told John not to be an idiot, and managed to save his ass anyway. Chalk this up as a win for team Sansa

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
If Sansa had told John about little finger he wouldn't have acted differently. It's not like Littlefinger is exactly trustworthy.

Sansa told John not to be an idiot, and managed to save his ass anyway. Chalk this up as a win for team Sansa

Sansa clearly knew the army was on it's way since she went to meet them. If she had told Jon "wait an hour, we have reinforcements", Jon would have waited.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Fitting end for Ramsay. I dug that.

Otherwise, the battle had some great visuals, but it itself was stupid. It was like a remix of LOTR and 300. The mountains of bodies made no sense. I was expecting Wun Wun to start chucking dead horses or bodies at the spearmen... but nope.

Ponn

Banned
Actually impressed there wasn't a swerve. There were so many opportunities! Suppose that's the power of 6 seasons of misery.

Mechanics of the battle were a little weird, but I'll take it.

GoT, the only show/book series I don't automatically assume an army is going to show up and save the day and Ramsay might actually win and go on to become a major PoV character.

LifEndz

What a fucking episode! Holy shit was that battle shot well. It was Saving Private Ryan type of chills. I was actually holding my breath when Jon was trampled. And the scene with Ramsay...while it was very cheesy for him to shoot the dying Giant rather than Snow, god damn did it feel good seeing him pummeled. Only wondering who went in there and opened the dogs cages and how they got Ramsay in there when the cages were open? Either way, great episode. This is where the budget went. We just gotta get Dany a saddle. Holding on to Drogon's scales looks really precarious. 10/10.

TheContact

Lol the spoilers man. Some of them were true and some weren't. I can't tell if that guy just guessed the predictable writing or had some inside secrets. Maybe a bit of both because some details were surprisingly accurate but others were wrong.

Anyway, I loved the episode. So intense. They definitely saved the budget for this episode. Almost felt like the finale.

Blastoise

Banned
That was one of the better episodes of the entire series.

FUCK THE DIREWOLVES. Especially if we get dragons and battles of this quality.

I don't blame Jon, dude just saw his bro killed. And Sansa made a gamble on littlefinger, and managed to win.

Turin

Banned
Me @ Ramsay's death by Sansa.

giphy.gif

Great episode.

That was really good. I'm pretending that Sansa was warging a little bit to explain the excellent dramatic timing by the hounds.

RIP Rickon, the worst character.

Ooooooh, I am the last of the giants,
my people are gone from the earth.
The last of the great mountain giants,
who ruled all the world at my birth.
Oh the smallfolk have stolen my forests,
they’ve stolen my rivers and hills.
And the’ve built a great wall through my valleys,
and fished all the fish from my rills.
In stone halls they burn their great fires,
in stone halls they forge their sharp spears.
Whilst I walk alone in the mountains,
with no true companion but tears.
They hunt me with dogs in the daylight,
they hunt me with torches by night.
For these men who are small can never stand tall,
whilst giants still walk in the light.
Oooooooh, I am the LAST of the giants,
so learn well the words of my song.
For when I am gone the singing will fade,
and the silence shall last long and long.

RIP Wun Wun. Dude died fighting

Turin

Banned
Fittingly, Ramsay never stood a chance against Jon one on one. And Sansa got to deal the gruesome finishing blow.

Superb.

LifEndz

Kept yelling for him to zig zag. Guess that concept didn't exist then, like the Heimlich

I was hoping he'd take shelter behind one of the burning crosses. But zig zagging would've made it feel like Apocalypto more than it already did. Not a bad thing. So heart wrenching.

So that's it. No male heirs to carry on the stark name other than Bran, who is crippled and presumably can't further the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom