• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that shithead Karstark dead? Umber led the Bolton army and got reckt by Tormund but I didn't see Karstark outside of the opening battle.

Damn that opening battle with the dragons and the battle at winterfell was awesome. I was hoping Rickon would live somehow :'( RIP

Kinda wonder if Sansa knew for sure littlefinger was brining the Knights of the Vale or something. Still she should have mention it.

Matsukaze

Me @ Ramsay's death by Sansa.

giphy.gif

Great episode.
Same here lol. As soon as Jon left him bloody instead of finishing him, I knew that his death was going to be a lot more gruesome, and I am so glad they went the route they did. Episode overall was fantastic, but that finish was perfection.

Madness

So Sansa fucking up again. Trusting Littlefinger who put the nugget of doubt in her head about Jon. A lot of people got needlessly killed because she didn't let anyone know about the Nights of the Vale. No Littlefinger will try and groom her to marry him so he can have Winterfell, Harrenhal, The Vale etc. Guarantee he will make comments about Snow being a bastard, being power hungry etc.

But man Rickon. Bran is a paraplegic who will probably never sire children. Jon is a Targaryen. Arya and Sansa are women. The Stark male line is dead with Rickon.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
There was some amazing camera work in this episode. I had to rewind the scene with Jon standing there with his sword drawn waiting for the assault by the Bolton cavalry. So good.

Neifirst

I wonder if the endgame is rule by 7 queens. You've got Yara(Asha), Sansa, Dany, and I'm assuming Oberyn's 'paramour' & the sand snakes are still in charge of Dorne already in place.

Damn that opening battle with the dragons and the battle at winterfell was awesome. I was hoping Rickon would live somehow :'( RIP

Kinda wonder if Sansa knew for sure littlefinger was brining the Knights of the Vale or something. Still she should have mention it.
I think the idea is that she doesn't trust Jon.

Really good episode for a change. But I didn't see what happened to Karstark. Was he killed at some point, because Umber got a good amount of screen time for his death.

LifEndz

There was some amazing camera work in this episode. I had to rewind the scene with Jon standing there with his sword drawn waiting for the assault by the Bolton cavalry. So good.
Oh my god, when he was in the midst of the battle looking for someone to fight and narrowly avoiding death....wow. They outdid themselves.

But I can't wait to see how Linda tears this episode apart.

Anyone thinks Jon might be a little pissed that Sansa didn't inform Jon of a certain wildcard (Littlefinger). On the upside, it would probably best to get Ramsay by surprise

Saya

There were some amazing shots in this episode, but the actual battle tactics were kind of stupid.

Ponn

Banned
I don't blame Jon, dude just saw his bro killed. And Sansa made a gamble on littlefinger, and managed to win.

HAHA, Ice Queen Sansa gambled Rickon, that whole army and Jon. She used all of them as bait for the Vale army. I'm wondering how this Littlefinger shit is going to play out because technically that dude belongs in that kennel with Ramsay.

Anyone thinks Jon might be a little pissed that Sansa didn't inform Jon of a certain wildcard (Littlefinger). On the upside, it would probably best to get Ramsay by surprise
It seems like next week he talks to her about trust.

I will be amazed if we don't get
Lady Stoneheart
next week.
They're not putting her in the show. It's obvious after last week, just like how CleganeBowl was cancelled.

LifEndz

There were some amazing shots in this episode, but the actual battle tactics were kind of stupid.

How so? Ramsay baited Jon, and their plan of letting him charge went out the window. The shields closing in with the spears was a bit much, but it was all so well done.

TheContact

I will be amazed if we don't get
Lady Stoneheart
next week.

Pretty sure the hound literally pissed on that. Like I really think the writers had him piss in that lake as a metaphor for show LSH. As much as I'd want to see it, it doesn't make sense continuity wise unless LSH is a skeleton.

Somnia

HAHA, Ice Queen Sansa gambled Rickon, that whole army and Jon. She used all of them as bait for the Vale army. I'm wondering how this Littlefinger shit is going to play out because technically that dude belongs in that kennel with Ramsay.

Did she even know the Vale would come? She sent a Raven and never got a response. I assume the Vale rode up to where she was/where they were camped after the battle had started and that's when she found out. Then she went with them.

Still stupid to not tell Jon to wait for a response.

mokeyjoe

So Sansa fucking up again. Trusting Littlefinger who put the nugget of doubt in her head about Jon. A lot of people got needlessly killed because she didn't let anyone know about the Nights of the Vale. No Littlefinger will try and groom her to marry him so he can have Winterfell, Harrenhal, The Vale etc. Guarantee he will make comments about Snow being a bastard, being power hungry etc.

To be honest, who cares? Westeros under Littlefinger sounds like a much better place than any of the other options.

Iksenpets

Banned
Really good episode. The battle was great, especially the sense of claustrophobia as the shield wall closes in and Jon is getting trampled by his own retreating men. And Ramsay's end was some very necessary catharsis. Even the Meereen stuff was good. Probably the first time they had Dany ride a dragon and had it feel right. And the Yara/Dany chemistry was good. Did not expect her to accept Ironborn independence. That one has some serious ramifications for the endgame political landscape. I figured Dany held the cards there and could have talked Yara down to just accepting her restoration as lady of Pyke.

Mr. RPG

That might be the best battle we've seen on the show so far. This week's episode is easily one of the best episodes of the season.

Saya

How so? Ramsay baited Jon, and their plan of letting him charge went out the window. The shields closing in with the spears was a bit much, but it was all so well done.

The mountain of bodies from which they could not escape mostly and the encirclement. I guess it looked cool and it allowed for the nicely shot trample scene with Jon, but it was just not believable and the fact that Wun Wun had so much trouble breaking the shield wall. There were tons of bodies and horses and other crap he could pick up and throw. Or use a giant ass club or axe.

He better be. Because he should assume she was trying to get him killed.

I noticed that when Sansa asked Jon where Ramsay was there seems to be a bit of flicker of hate. Probably not a flicker but he looked pretty pissed beside that fact that Rickon just got skewered by an arrow

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Pretty sure the hound literally pissed on that. Like I really think the writers had him piss in that lake as a metaphor for show LSH. As much as I'd want to see it, it doesn't make sense continuity wise unless LSH is a skeleton.
D&D aren't that clever. They just wanted an excuse to use another prosthetic cock.

2 things:

1. I'll just go ahead and say that was the greatest hour of television I've ever seen. Subjective, and fueled by adrenaline, but I don't see that episode not being any less awesome on a second or third viewing.

2. Something is going to happen at the Riverlands next week. It seems unlikely that LSH is happening (still always going to hope it does, regardless lol), but it certainly suggests something is being setup. What could it be though?

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
So...

We're not getting R+L = J this season, are we?

Unless it's the final shot...

There was an article about the actor of young Ned in a local english newspaper that kind of spoiled that the actor would have a "significant scene in the final episode" or something like that, so expect R+L=J to be revealed next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom