• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifEndz

The mountain of bodies from which they could not escape mostly and the encirclement. I guess it looked cool and it allowed for the nicely shot trample scene with Jon, but it was just not believable and the fact that Wun Wun had so much trouble breaking the shield wall. There were tons of bodies and horses and other crap he could pick up and throw. Or use a giant ass club or axe.

I agree about Wun Wun. That did break the plausibility of the shields closing in, but they had to make some concessions for the tv moments, like Wun Wun breaking the gate down and Ramsay opting to shoot him rather than Jon.

You gotta admit, this is a top give episode. My biggest complaints are the Dany and Tyrion scenes. Felt like she was second in command to him.

Biggest falsehood was that the leak had Jon beating Ramsay to death, no mention about the dogs.

Most of the people that leaked where people in the production so there is no way for them to know all the details since a lot of it is second hand accounts.
Initially the leak was that he would beat him to death, then someone else said he would imprison him and then a 3rd person said that he would be "food for his dogs".

Turin

Banned
So about whenever I said Ramsay's death wouldn't be as satisfying as
Jesse killing Todd
in Breaking Bad.

I'd say this was pretty fucking close.

The-Two-Towers-theoden-stands-alone.jpg

Someone shop Littlefinger and Sansa
IWZmSSk.jpg

Iksenpets

Banned
He'll roll in on a carriage and apologize he couldn't be a part of the fight because he's too fat to ride a horse.

I would almost bet this is what'll happen. A little ten second cameo as a shout out to book fans. And it may have been important to keep someone out of the battle so that there would still be some source of independent Northern troops to weigh against the Vale knights in the new political landscape.

Also, are we seriously discussing Sansa intentionally getting everyone killed? She didn't tell Jon because A.) She wasn't even sure if LF would actually show and B.) She didn't trust Jon to be sure that he would react appropriately. She didn't know him well, for all she knew he might've refused the idea of Southern assistant. She was with LF at the end because she had been observing from the rear of the battle, so the Vale forces hooked up with her as they were encircling everything, not because she knew about their imminent arrival and rode out to meet them.

I think so.

He was just fucking with her head. If she were pregnant, she'd be showing by now and having morning sickness and all of that. We'd know.

btrboyev

Agree with this.

There were some breathtaking shots in the battle. But some moments really took me out of the episode.

Really feels like D&D are fast tracking the series. I really don't understand why.

What are they supposed to do? The books are not going to be finished anytime soon and Martin is only giving them outlines.

mantidor

Did she even know the Vale would come? She sent a Raven and never got a response. I assume the Vale rode up to where she was/where they were camped after the battle had started and that's when she found out. Then she went with them.

Still stupid to not tell Jon to wait for a response.

But she did tell him to wait for more men, but he was very stubborn, thats the whole point of their scene at the beginning of the episode.

LifEndz

Agree with this.

There were some breathtaking shots in the battle. But some moments really took me out of the episode.

Really feels like D&D are fast tracking the series. I really don't understand why.

I dont understand this either. I know HBO can't be pressuring them to end this, and GRRM must be hoping for all the delays he can get, so I don't get the rush.

Lautaro

The battle was better than expected, at least they tried to make a battle plan before Jon ruined it... still I can't blame him, he saw his brother getting killed, who can say they could react better.

I really wanted Ramsay to be devoured by a direwolf but I guess this is the next best thing.

Skilletor

I dont understand this either. I know HBO can't be pressuring them to end this, and GRRM must be hoping for all the delays he can get, so I don't get the rush.

It's been 6 years at this point. These actors are aging and most of the people involved probably want to move on.

Saya

The battle was better than expected, at least they tried to make a battle plan before Jon ruined it... still I can't blame him, he saw his brother getting killed, who can say they could react better.

I really wanted Ramsay to be devoured by a direwolf but I guess this is the next best thing.

Would be nice if Sansa had mentioned the Vale during the planning of the battle lol.

But then we wouldn't get that awesome charge I guess.

cj_iwakura

They want to be done with this.

Yep. They know there aren't many major story beats left to hit. Better to end strong than drag it out. Everything's coming to a head, and it'll be beautiful.

Best takeaway was that Sansa was right. Jon really did fall for it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That had to be the most expensive hour of television in history.

They went Oprah on this. You want dragons, Dragons. You want Giants, You got Giants. You want horses ridden by headless men and not be airing on Fox, you got that too.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yep. They know there aren't many major story beats left to hit. Better to end strong than drag it out. Everything's coming to a head, and it'll be beautiful.

Best takeaway was that Sansa was right. Jon really did fall for it.

Only because she didn't tell him about the Army she had coming. They'd have never approached Winterfell if she had told him to wait a day.

TheContact

That had to be the most expensive hour of television in history.

They went Oprah on this. You want dragons, Dragons. You want Giants, You got Giants. You want horses ridden by headless men and not be airing on Fox, you got that too.

The battle was awesome. Went by so fast too so would be easy to miss a lot. Definitely worth watching again

LordCanti

We got out of Meereen (I assume) and won the North in a single episode. I can't complain.

The fight was well done even if the pile of corpses was kind of crazy. Sansa's complaint about her opinion not being asked for and then admission that she didn't have any input was...interesting. I guess Jon needed the advice "don't do what he wants" though since he immediately did what he wanted.

Previews:
Littlefinger going in.

zer0das

Banned
Sansa didn't want to tell Jon because he needed to rack up his kill count and she's trying to conserve the heavy cavalry.

It makes perfect sense!

Wun Wun being that last giant to die was bittersweet.

Fought and died till the end.

Kinda feels that the show kept him him allive to become that episodes plot battleram

Tormund taking it to Karstark Umber was great, fucking clown that guy.

Seeing Ramsay with hints of cowardice and fear were great. But overall, I feel Jon's character is lacking something and it's been that way since his resurrection. Probably intentional but I don't like it.

I usually keep to silently reading this thread but I have to say, that was the best hour (+) of television I have ever had the pleasure of watching.
The shot construction alone was a masterclass in framing action and character in such a way that it manages to be claustrophobic one moment and vast in scale the next.

dabig2

Only because she didn't tell him about the Army she had coming. They'd have never approached Winterfell if she had told him to wait a day.

Yep. Her foolish pride almost got them all killed and could have lost the North forever. If Jon had known that her cousin had an entire fresh army waiting to support the Starks, then I'm sure Davos and he would have changed their entire approach and strategy. I really hope the show has Jon go in on her. Brienne pushed Sansa on this too after Mole Town but the show just cut to the next scene without resolving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom