• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

I would like to propose that the attack on the wall is the best battle sequence in the series thus far. Love the episode in its entirety. So many fantastic character moments. The only negative being feking olly killing Ygritte.

I also think that was the best battle in the show.

Though I was sad that Ygritte died, the fact that Olly did it was ok.

Retribution and all..

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Not in the HotU, the Trident is only implied by the vision of Rheagar's death.

She does have a separate dream though where she was Rheagar killing Robert's forces at the Trident on the back of a dragon, and they were described as being armored in ice.
Reanimated Stannis leading the undead against the living.

Speevy

Banned
I was thinking about a fitting, bittersweet conclusion for Theon Greyjoy's story and I came up with this.

He goes after Euron at some point in the remaining series. He kills Euron, rescues his sister, and returns to the Iron Islands to support her claim.

The two share a heartfelt conversation in which they reminisce about better days. Theon tells of his time in Winterfell, learning from Eddard to fight with honor, ride horses, etc. Yara tells of her exciting adventures on the seas.

Theon continues the conversation and halfway through the conversation he breaks down. He apologizes for everything he's ever done to everyone. He wishes Robb Stark was there. His voice quivers and seems to regress to an earlier state in the character.

Yara looks down at the floor, tears in her eyes. "It's okay, Reek."

Theon looks up, his pulse quickening "Yes, master. I didn't tell them anything."

"Goodbye, brother."

Yara sticks a dagger into Theon's heart and he smiles for the first time in a very long time.

The Greyjoys bury their prince at sea.

I was thinking about a fitting, bittersweet conclusion for Theon Greyjoy's story and I came up with this.

He goes after Euron at some point in the remaining series. He kills Euron, rescues his sister, and returns to the Iron Islands to support her claim.

The two share a heartfelt conversation in which they reminisce about better days. Theon tells of his time in Winterfell, learning from Eddard to fight with honor, ride horses, etc. Yara tells of her exciting adventures on the seas.

Theon continues the conversation and halfway through the conversation he breaks down. He apologizes for everything he's ever done to everyone. He wishes Robb Stark was there. His voice quivers and seems to regress to an earlier state in the character.

Theon looks up, his pulse quickening "Yes, master. I didn't tell them anything."

"Goodbye, brother."

Yara sticks a dagger into Theon's heart and he smiles for the first time in a very long time.

lol, don't know about Theon killing Euron..

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
He'd need help obviously, but I can't think of anyone else who would do it aside from Cersei or the Night King/dragons.
Jaime will stab him in the back while he's in bed with Cersei with his sword stopping before going into her. He'll then think a moment and say "the things I do for love" and push the sword into Cersei also.

"Goodbye, brother."

why would yara kill theon?

Speevy

Banned
Besides Jamie and Cersie that was the only other scene we could get that would make sense.
It just means Grey Worm's time is coming to an end.

Grey Worm time not come to end. Grey Worm always. Always Grey Worm time.

Morning, Grey Worm. Daytime, Grey Worm. At night, Grey Worm.

Ask Missandei how long Grey Worm last.

gun_haver

I'm kind of bummed out by the relentless Dany/Jon shipping and memes I'm seeing everywhere. It would be such a lame thing for the show to corral around a Coalition of the Heroes. I don't like Daenerys, not because of her acting or her not having a sense or humour or anything, but because she's a entitled rich kid with nukes who abandoned the people of Essos to invade a land she thinks intrinsically belongs to her.

Jon's different, he's fine and I don't mind him, but he doesn't have any flaws at all except being too noble for this world. Having him throw in with Dany completely, more than out of necessity, would degrade his character, as it has degraded everyone who surrounds Daenerys right now.

There's a disconnect between who Daenerys is as a character and who the fanbase thinks she is, and possibly who the showrunners think she is. I wouldn't mind if it was just the normal people who get excited over any kind of couple in a TV show, but it's getting overbearing. It worries me cos the show does tend to bend to the popularity of its characters and I want to she Daenerys exposed for what she is and have the story take a left turn away from her personal quest for power and into something else.

I haven't really been looking forward to the endgame of the show with the night king. It's been part of the show since the very first scene, but it's never felt like it really belonged. The army of the dead has no characters, no depth, no intrigue. They are just magic zombies, and who needs to see another zombie invasion show. I don't think there's even a season's worth of story in fighting them, all of the story would be in rallying the divided people of Westeros together to fight a universal opponent. If Dany just runs around pressing the dragon button, or the 'i am a leader with a heart of gold' button, then even that story becomes very slight.

"Goodbye, brother."

Especially since he's never going to be "fixed" (no pun intended), and constantly seems on the brink of regressing anytime something remotely stressful comes up. I could see him repressing it one last time, rescuing Yara, and having it all come flooding back once she's safe. Cosigned!

Jon and Dany are going to shag this season. Miguel Shapochnik will have been brought in to film the greatest sex scene put to film.

The whole season finale will be Jon x Dany.

Jokes aside, I am 100% certain it will happen. It will come out of nowhere and be forced as hell. We will all hate it, the show only people will love it.

Ygritte :(

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Things I'd like to see this week:

-Bran tell Sansa about Littlefinger, and Littlefinger die. Why would he return to Winterfell if he's not going to tell them anything?
-Maybe Arya can kill Littlefinger if she's returning to Winterfell. She knows he betrayed their father, right?
-Theon returns to Dragonstone and Jon just up and kills him. No words, no begging. Just lob his head off and Jon says "The North Remembers"
-Danny do something other than whine about why Westeros doesn't love her and that she's not winning.
-Jon leave Dragonstone. Unless they find out their relationship to eachother, I think they've dragged this out too much. Let him go back home
-Ghost of Ollena Tyrell appears in a vision to Lady Mormont and educates her on the art of sass

I'm kind of bummed out by the relentless Dany/Jon shipping and memes I'm seeing everywhere. It would be such a lame thing for the show to corral around a Coalition of the Heroes. I don't like Daenerys, not because of her acting or her not having a sense or humour or anything, but because she's a entitled rich kid with nukes who abandoned the people of Essos to invade a land she thinks intrinsically belongs to her.

Jon's different, he's fine and I don't mind him, but he doesn't have any flaws at all except being too noble for this world. Having him throw in with Dany completely, more than out of necessity, would degrade his character, as it has degraded everyone who surrounds Daenerys right now.

There's a disconnect between who Daenerys is as a character and who the fanbase thinks she is, and possibly who the showrunners think she is. I wouldn't mind if it was just the normal people who get excited over any kind of couple in a TV show, but it's getting overbearing. It worries me cos the show does tend to bend to the popularity of its characters and I want to she Daenerys exposed for what she is and have the story take a left turn away from her personal quest for power and into something else.

I haven't really been looking forward to the endgame of the show with the night king. It's been part of the show since the very first scene, but it's never felt like it really belonged. The army of the dead has no characters, no depth, no intrigue. They are just magic zombies, and who needs to see another zombie invasion show. I don't think there's even a season's worth of story in fighting them, all of the story would be in rallying the divided people of Westeros together to fight a universal opponent. If Dany just runs around pressing the dragon button, or the 'i am a leader with a heart of gold' button, then even that story is reduced to a cliche.

Only one who's thrown in with Danny out of necessity is Tyrion. Jon is looking for an ally, not a ruler. He's not looking for someone to follow and I will be really let down if he does bend the knee.

Abelard

"Goodbye, brother."

I would rather have Theon die before we even get to him saving anyone. He's one of those characters that I doesnt have a purpose anymore anyways, especially since it looks like Stannis will probably kill him in the next book. Maybe Yara can take Aerons role in "The Forsaken" chapter.

Only one who's thrown in with Danny out of necessity is Tyrion. Jon is looking for an ally, not a ruler. He's not looking for someone to follow and I will be really let down if he does bend the knee.

I can think of one way for Jon to be King and Dany to be Queen and for them to not be in conflict...

Jmrwk.gif

Speevy

Banned
I would rather have Theon die before we even get to him saving anyone. He's one of those characters that I doesnt have a purpose anymore anyways, especially since it looks like Stannis will probably kill him in the next book. Maybe Yara can take Aerons role in "The Forsaken" chapter.

I think he'd be dead already if it weren't for Alfie Allen's acting ability. I think Davos would be as well.

gun_haver

Things I'd like to see this week:

When I said necessity relating to Jon and Dany's potential partnership, I meant necessity due to the threat of the white walkers. I wasn't talking about the reasons any of her other allies jopined her. I was only talking about how if Jon joins her, it should only be because he needs all the help he can get to fight the white walkers. It shouldn't be anything more than that, because of who Dany is, which I went into a bit in the post you quoted. Jon's a better leader than her in every way, starting with the basic fact he doesn't want to be a leader.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Littlefinger is salvageable, he's hasn't been acting out of character, but nerfed is about the correct word for him. He's become a background character, and this will be okay if he reveals that he actually does have some kind of plan in place. He certainly gets a lot of reaction shots that indicate he MIGHT be up to something, but it's been going on for so long that you've got no idea exactly what it is, or if it is.
Right now he seems content to sow chaos between Sansa and Jon. He always smirks when Sansa erupts with some random notion that completely contradicts the king.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think the problem with Littlefinger is that he has no goal. In the books, he wants to screw Cat. And then screw Sansa. He has no motivation in the show and is just there to stir up shit at this point.

Speevy

Banned
Littlefinger: "Shansha, you must marry Daenerys Targaryen."

Sansa: "What?"

Littlefinger: "You will marry one of her dragons."

Sansa: "Did you hit your head?"

Littlefinger: "Euron Greyjoy has the greatest navy in the world. You will marry him and take his ships."

Sansa: "You're...leaving."

Littlefinger: "Bran watches you use the privy. I'm just saying."

Sansa: "I know. You're still leaving."

Kallor

So when will
the suit of valyrian steel armor that Euron has
from TWOW show up? I just read that chapter. Would be cool af.

KahooTs

So when will
If they were going to do that it would have made sense for them to have already done it for his last battle scene. I don't think they will, it is an expense and effort on the part of the story no-one cares about.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I think the problem with Littlefinger is that he has no goal. In the books, he wants to screw Cat. And then screw Sansa. He has no motivation in the show and is just there to stir up shit at this point.

I believe the idea is that he's trying to make himself seem invaluable to Sansa right now. That's what his goofy fortune cookie pronouncement was supposed to be.

Violater

Grey Worm time not come to end. Grey Worm always. Always Grey Worm time.

Morning, Grey Worm. Daytime, Grey Worm. At night, Grey Worm.

Ask Missandei how long Grey Worm last.
He's such a multi dimensional character.

Yeah somebody needs to let a mod know season 8 is getting spoiled in here.
Lol
D&D aren't that bad.

So when will

Ugh I would have hoped he wouldn't last that long in the books.

ZOONAMI

this show talks about events that happened for the past thousands of years which is strange since there's been very little progress in technology.

There was very little progress in technology for thousands of years irl too until the industrial revolution.

Speevy

Banned
Given that Sam is the first person to figure out how to read an instruction manual for a medical procedure, I'm not surprised that technology is slow to advance.

Faddy

Banned
At least 4 I think - 2 Arianne chapters, an Aeron one and a Barristan one

8 released

2 Arianne
planning with Doran to meet Aegon, riding through rainwood to meet Aegon
Tyrion - IDK haven't read it
Theon
observing Stannis making plans
Alayne (Sansa)
Tourney prep with Harry the Heir
Arya
Mercy, killing Raff??? adapted to killing Meryn Trant in the show
Barristan -IDK read it, don't remember what happens
Aeron
Euron's victories in the Shield Islands and various horrible acts

Better summaries on AWOIAF http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Category:A_Song_of_Ice_And_Fire_chapters
click the character name and find their Winds chapter synopsis

Gigglepoo

Theon is the real king of the Iron Islands. The only reason they had a moot is because they thought he was dead. He's way too valuable to kill. People who like Theon should be rooting for Stannis because Ramsay would be way too happy to have his Reek back.

Top Bottom