• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

At the time I felt good that Olly for the kill because of what was done to his parents. She was part of the assault.

She shot his dad, didn't she? Betraying Jon like that was shitty but the kid had his fucking reasons, to be certain. Funny that the show makes you hate someone who does exactly what almost everyone watching would do. Hate a group of people based on the actions of the few. He's fucking 9 or something and all he's ever seen of wildlings is them murdering everyone he's ever known and then murdering a ton of the only people he came to afterwards.

There was very little progress in technology for thousands of years irl too until the industrial revolution.
eight thousand years though? i'm not a student of history but i can figure in 10 millennia there had to be some significant changes.
At the time I felt good that Olly for the kill because of what was done to his parents. She was part of the assault.
Jon should've done something to resolve the hatred Olly was bearing for Tormund too.

She shot his dad, didn't she? Betraying Jon like that was shitty but the kid had his fucking reasons, to be certain. Funny that the show makes you hate someone who does exactly what almost everyone watching would do. Hate a group of people based on the actions of the few. He's fucking 9 or something and all he's ever seen of wildlings is them murdering everyone he's ever known and then murdering a ton of the only people he came to afterwards.
yep. What Olly did was wrong, but Jon should've done more to empathize with him. "I know what it's like to lose the ones you love." But no Jon, you don't know what it's like to be 9 years old, see your father killed literally right in front of you in an instant, then see your mother taken away from you, and your family raided and tortured to death.

That's what Olly had to go through.

What Jon should've done was brought Tormund over to Olly, make him look Olly in the eye and apologize. Tormund should've recognized that killing innocents, no matter what side of the wall you are on, is fucking wrong.

mantidor

She shot his dad, didn't she? Betraying Jon like that was shitty but the kid had his fucking reasons, to be certain. Funny that the show makes you hate someone who does exactly what almost everyone watching would do. Hate a group of people based on the actions of the few.

Olly was killed as pure fan service, they didn't spend one second trying to flesh out his motivations, he was left acting like a whiny boy for most of the season. Most people don't even remember wildings killed his parents.

jfkgoblue

eight thousand years though? i'm not a student of history but i can figure in 10 millennia there had to be some significant changes.
Jon should've done something to resolve the hatred Olly was bearing for Tormund too.
It hasn't actually been 8,000 years though, more like 1,000. Plus the weird seasons hold it back

Forkball

If Arya arrives at Winterfell this episode, we will have three Starks in Winterfell. Pretty crazy to think about. Not that many Starks died if you think about it. About half, that's better than several other houses that have been completely wiped out.

Bran: I can see the past.
Arya: Prove it. Name three things I love besides revenge.
Bran: Oysters, clams... cockles.
Arya: Gods.
Bran: Did you hear Sansa got raped by the way?

Olly was killed as pure fan service, they didn't spend one second trying to flesh out his motivations, he was left acting like a whiny boy for most of the season. Most people don't even remember wildings killed his parents.

His death didn't sit well with me. The Et Th Brutus moment was great but it seems Olly was past no return.

I have a huge issue with them hanging a kid.

jfkgoblue

If Arya arrives at Winterfell this episode, we will have three Starks in Winterfell. Pretty crazy to think about. Not that many Starks died if you think about it. About half, that's better than several other houses that have been completely wiped out.

Bran: I can see the past.
Arya: Prove it. Name three things I love besides revenge.
Bran: Oysters, clams... cockles.
Arya: Gods.
Bran: Did you hear Sansa got raped by the way?
Someone earlier posted what this reunion is gonna be like:

Bran:"I learned to know everything that has ever happened, is currently happening, and will happen"

Arya: "I can shapeshift to blend in and wipe out entire family lines"

Sansa: "I have been tortured and raped"

Kallor

If they were going to do that it would have made sense for them to have already done it for his last battle scene. I don't think they will, it is an expense and effort on the part of the story no-one cares about.

Yeah I think you're right. I can still see D&D giving Jon a suit somehow before the final battle. Maybe o'l Sam will come in handy there as well. Maybe he'll find a suit in some dusty corner lol.

Still can't believe he handily cured Jorah of greyscale just by picking it off and rubbing some ointment on it...on his first try...(would have been super easy when it was just a couple scabs..remind why this shit was so feared again?)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Did Jamie just put a combination lock on the gold wagon?

I almost positive he was spinning the knob after locking it....

*gives incomprehensible speech*

"Whyee...*head turns slowly to the right through the word*...do I shpeak azh iff Willeeam Shataneherr *instantly turns head back quickly* was consh-tibly irra-ta-bull about hish shpeach im...*coyly smiles while lowering his chin*...pediment?*Head jerks up and to the left while keeping eyes locked on some random distant point behind Sansa's face*

Sansa:
"WHAT? STOP WHISPERING NEAR THE FORGES PETER I WON'T SAY IT AGAIN"

Top Bottom