• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

AngryMoth

The episode was pretty amazing but I was seriously like wtf when Dany burns all of that fucking grain haha. So much for being a queen of the people

UraMallas

I'm pretty sure Bronn should've died. Multiple times. And he injures Drogon? First time using that shit? And then saves Jamie from dragonfire?

D&D please. This episode had a flying dragon roasting an entire army but Bronn's shit was too much. Why does he have this top tier plot armor for?

Because he's badass and a likeable character so they keep him around. Why does anyone have plot armor in fiction?

If GRRM had written this:

Jaime would've died in Drogon's first flyover, as would both Tarly's.

Bronn, would've killed Drogon, but then been burnt to a crisp.

Dany would've died when Drogon crash landed on top of her.

A random meteor would've hit Tyrion on the head and killed him.

jett

D-Member
Show only watchers like him. A lot. Same reason he went to Dorne.

Because he's badass and a likeable character so they keep him around. Why does anyone have plot armor in fiction?

It's just way too much here. I don't mind him, I kind of like him, but they went overboard with his survival stats this episode.

He survives a dothraki horde. Aight.
He survives dragonfire. hmm.
He injures a dragon. Wait what.
He surives dragonfire again while saving another person from dragonfire. Oh fuck off already.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Better than ANYTHING lotr could pull off.

fKVbrVi.gif

Akim

Banned
Seems incredibly odd that not one "main" character died during all of that. Made the last scene super corny in my opinion. Definitely seems like a TV decision and not a book decision.

Burt

Bronn is dead or dying

That's what the shot of the pouch of gold signifies

Nahhhh, he ditched it like it was a sack of shit. The trope would've been him dying picking up the individual pieces. Bronn ain't gonna fall into that trap.

But, I mean, he'll probably get done in at some point. Bronn falls into that class of character who really doesn't matter narratively anymore, and only exists to make the show a million times better -- see Tormund, Davos, Brienne. We're gonna get at least one emotionally manipulative death out of that group.

Regardless of all the shit we talk in this thread, that was fucking AWESOME.

And this is really pretty much the exact thing I came in to post in the first place

Socivol

Bron and Jamie should be dead but they won't be. At least Jamie won't be. They have killed off so many characters that actually tried to prevent themselves from dying that it's annoying that Jamie does the exact opposite and yet he will live.

Apt101

Well I am watching this battle again. Jamie showing valor. Bronn being a champion. Dany and Drogon making a new field of fire. This is amazing.

You know, this kind of mirrors earlier invasions of Westeros. Like how they were unprepared for the Andals.

jett

D-Member
Seems incredibly odd that not one "main" character died during all of that. Made the last scene super corny in my opinion. Definitely seems like a TV decision and not a book decision.

Not even the throwaway Dickon died! That was surprising. :p

I agree. Funny how the show went from anyone can die Over anything to, we're not going to kill anyone despite how unbelievable it is they survive! First Jorah, now this shit

Thought the same thing. His days are numbered.

Definitely could be - but I assumed it was to show his growth as a character - he usually is only motivated by gold and material things (and to save his skin, as indicated by his refusal to fight for Tyrion against the Mountain). However now when the chips were down, and he lost his gold, he stayed around to help out even at the risk of his life for a cause, and to help Jamie altruistically. Looked like his new motivations give him superpowers, haha.

KahooTs

Bronn saving Jaime looked extremely good for what it is. Straight forward last second saves in stuff usually look junk, and those are without the horse riding, fire, dragon and what not.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So was the knife Littlefingers or Tyrions? It's been so long since I've read the books.

In the book there was no grand scheme. Joffrey hired the guy on a whim after hearing Robert say it would have been better had Bran died. The knife was Roberts.

The show has never revealed that. In the book, Tyrion discovers the truth while in King's Landing. Think it was during that scene when Joffrey hacks up the books Tyrion gave him as a wedding gift.

UraMallas

It's just way too much here. I don't mind him, I kind of like him, but they went overboard with his survival stats this episode.

He survives a dothraki horde. Aight.
He survives dragonfire. hmm.
He injures a dragon. Wait what.
He surives dragonfire again while saving another person from dragonfire. Oh fuck off already.

Yeah. He's got some plot armor. I agree.

Definitely could be - but I assumed it was to show his growth as a character - he usually is only motivated by gold and material things (and to save his skin, as indicated by his refusal to fight for Tyrion against the Mountain). However now when the chips were down, and he lost his gold, he stayed around to help out even at the risk of his life for a cause, and to help Jamie altruistically. Looked like his new motivations give him superpowers, haha.

Hmm. Great take. Didn't think of it that way.

Top Bottom