• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

NimbusD

Complains about no food for her army
Proceeds to burn all supplies of the enemy

Danny Logic

More like show logic. It's shorthand to get people places. Similar to how Jaime was just knocked over from shallow water into a bottomless river that he was apparently 2 feet away from.

Great battle.

But if Danny can pull out the spear from Scorpion than it must not pierce that deep. So even a center hit would only do surface damage and not be lethal.

But that makes too much sense. A Scorpion will kill a dragon before this is said and done.

Niks

It's just way too much here. I don't mind him, I kind of like him, but they went overboard with his survival stats this episode.

He survives a dothraki horde. Aight.
He survives dragonfire. hmm.
He injures a dragon. Wait what.
He surives dragonfire again while saving another person from dragonfire. Oh fuck off already.

I agree.
Bron is awesome but that had me rolling my eyes.

Nista

Yeah, I really don't want to root for Show Dany at all these days. She's just going to keep using Drogon wantonly and she's so damn stuck on bend the knee. Hopefully Bronn and Jaime survive to keep opposing her plot armor as well.

UraMallas

I agree. Funny how the show went from anyone can die Over anything to, we're not going to kill anyone despite how unbelievable it is they survive! First Jorah, now this shit

TBF to the Jorah thing, I would imagine that isn't a D&D original. He seems to definitely have a purpose in the books besides dying from greyscale.

phaonaut

Great battle.

But if Danny can pull out the spear from Scorpion than it must not pierce that deep. So even a center hit would only do surface damage and not be lethal.

But that makes too much sense. A Scorpion will kill a dragon before this is said and done.

Thats one way to interpret it, the other is that her removing the bolt is the flaw in the show logic.

--

I think Jon and Davos stayed up all night and drew the pictures in the cave.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Lets not go too far. Its up there with some of the LOTR scenes

fKVbrVi.gif

From a clarity of action standpoint this was fantastic.

Akim

Banned
If GRRM had written this:

Jaime would've died in Drogon's first flyover, as would both Tarly's.

Bronn, would've killed Drogon, but then been burnt to a crisp.

Dany would've died when Drogon crash landed on top of her.

A random meteor would've hit Tyrion on the head and killed him.

what book? see, we can do it too. smh

NimbusD

Who think's Tyrion's switching sides? No way he's into this whole Dothraki killing his people stuff. Book version, maybe, show, I can't see it.

jett

D-Member
In the book there was no grand scheme. Joffrey hired the guy on a whim after hearing Robert say it would have been better had Bran died. The knife was Roberts.

The show has never revealed that. In the book, Tyrion discovers the truth while in King's Landing. Think it was during that scene when Joffrey hacks up the books Tyrion gave him as a wedding gift.

The show didn't reveal Joffrey was behind it? I thought it did. I guess I got confused with the books.

Rixxan

The cave drawings were laughably bad. That shit would not happen in the books..

What shitty writing

The battle was cool though

FFS

Of course it wouldn't because they have thousands of pages and the luxury of nuance

There's 8 hours left of this show, they need to expedite reveals and motivation

Episode was a ton of fun

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pretty sad to have that Stark reunion without Rickon (RIP).

Several times the past weeks, when I think about all these reunions I've said to myself, "it's kind of surprising that only one of Ned's kids has died."

I always forget Rickon was even there.

The show didn't reveal Joffrey was behind it? I thought it did. I guess I got confused with the books.

Freely admit I might have missed it, but I don't remember the show ever mentioning it.

TBF to the Jorah thing, I would imagine that isn't a D&D original. He seems to definitely have a purpose in the books besides dying from greyscale.

It's been a while since I read the books, but wasn't Jorah sent away in the books and that was the last of it? It's the show that kept having him come back like a guy stalking his celebrity ex

More like show logic. It's shorthand to get people places. Similar to how Jaime was just knocked over from shallow water into a bottomless river that he was apparently 2 feet away from.

In full armor, mind you. Watch the episode begin with him washed up on a shore or something stupid. How many seconds can you survive in the water with empty lungs? Hopefully his teleport isn't broken.

Kallor

Yeah the cave drawing were super cheesy. And only served to annoy with danys stupid ass bend the knee shit.

Tho Jon did look ready to bend the knee and show off his tongue magic for sure.

It's been a while since I read the books, but wasn't Jorah sent away in the books and that was the last of it? It's the show that kept having him come back like a guy stalking his celebrity ex

No, he's currently in a mercenary group with Tyrion. Their scenes played the same in the show, more or less, besides no Aegon. Presumably he still has an important part to play.

Massa

So Arya gets Valyrian steel.

Jon's heart will "probably stop when he sees her". Lots of references to his heart this season.

Ugh.

Apt101

So Jamie saved a city and was known as a Kingslayer for it. His little fucker Joffrey derided him, saying he had done nothing worth writing about, unlike his mentor Ser Arthur Dayne. Now Jamie did something that will be written about in reverence despite who gets to write history after this. Charging the Dragon Queen? With one hand? Knowing he'll die one way or another?

Damn. This is actually impressive writing that comes full circle on several levels.

Top Bottom