• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Brakke

Banned
Also with the whole being super worried about the hammer in the boat was that supposed to be Robert's hammer or something? Was that valyrian steel?

Edit: yeah I'm pretty sure that's what the show runners were alluding with that, so good on them.

Eh where would Gendry have found Robert's hammer? I'm pretty sure they were just trying to trick the guards into thinking they were unarmed knuckleheads so the guards would see them as harmless and not pry.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Also with the whole being super worried about the hammer in the boat was that supposed to be Robert's hammer or something? Was that valyrian steel?

Edit: yeah I'm pretty sure that's what the show runners were alluding with that, so good on them.

Honestly Gendry does have a pretty solid claim to the throne having Robert's hammer and pretty solid witnesses to his birthright.
And how would he have gotten Robert's hammer? He was just hiding that they had a weapon from the guards. Do you think normal people carry around a war hammer?

ZOONAMI

And how would he have gotten Robert's hammer? He was just hiding that they had a weapon from the guards. Do you think normal people carry around a war hammer?

I just thought it was so weird they were so weird about being armed in the first place and especially so worried about the hammer when pretty much everyone does seem to be strapped in westeros. It also would have been easily explained, hey this is the smithy from KL, don't you know him? That's his hammer.

And also, maybe Robert gave him the hammer before he died at some point? It's not that crazy.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Doesn't the book lore also support Tyrion targ theory as aegon is most likely a fake?

there's at least a 50% chance tyrion is a secret targ in the books. most fans seem to hate the idea, so you will hear them argue vehemently against it out of sheer denial.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
So you think we're going to have 8 episodes, each 90+ minutes, of "world vs White Walkers"?

I just don't believe that Season 8 is going to be 14 hours of "everyone vs White Walkers." Someone needs to be at play, which means that somehow the Lannisters need to stay relevant..
Where did you get that information on run times?

KahooTs

The hammer has Baratheon arms on it. It should be Robert's, the how of it doesn't matter anymore, D&D. Makes me wonder where the hammer is in the books.
The original thing was big enough to cave someone's chest in.
So would Gendry's, but detail like that doesn't need to be adhered to here.

I thought Tyrion = secret Targ was one of the more popular book theories. I think it makes a lot of sense for several reasons. But I'm not married to it.

Fuzzy

I just thought it was so weird they were so weird about being armed in the first place and especially so worried about the hammer when pretty much everyone does seem to be strapped in westeros. It also would have been easily explained, hey this is the smithy from KL, don't you know him? That's his hammer.

And also, maybe Robert gave him the hammer before he died at some point? It's not that crazy.
Nobody but soldiers are armed, especially not with fucking war hammers. Smiths are valuable and the guards wouldn't let one just leave during a war. If Robert ever gave it to Gendry then he would've had it back in S2 when we first meet him. It's not Robert's hammer.

ZOONAMI

Yep I'm gonna call it. King Gendry and queen Arya is what's going to end up happening. Dany will die. Jon will remain warden of the north, or if he dies, Sansa.

Brakke

Banned
Just because America has fuckall gun control doesn't mean Westeros doesn't have any.

How did the whole business with the Faith Militant work? Were they specifically banned from being armed and Cersei repealed that or did Cersei give them special dispensation to be armed even though they're small folk?

KahooTs

I thought it was more Aerys raping Joanna.
The girl/woman who was fucking the king so much the queen had her sent away. Who moved on from him to marry the next most powerful man in the world. Who begot Cersei. Who the only thing that Cersei recalls learning from her in the books is that tears are not a woman's only weapon. A woman who controls Tywin at home while Tywin controls the realm. The Lady Lannister.

Raped by the king?

Fuzzy

I like the theory where Bran constantly warged Aerys II in the past and that's what made him go mad. Bran really does ruin everything.

Burt

I thought Tyrion = secret Targ was one of the more popular book theories. I think it makes a lot of sense for several reasons. But I'm not married to it.

Yeah, I think it'll pan out that way in the books. In the show, though, after Jon's all set up it'll probably just be Dany going

"Hmm.. three heads... who else has experience with dragons?"

*Varys nods at Tyrion*

"It's settled! Someone get this man a saddle! A special one! Like one a crippled boy might use to ride a horse!"

Gendry's a Baratheon fanboy, he'd put a stag on a hammer he forged himself for himself.

"You think I like arming the people who killed my family?!?!?!"

giphy.gif

How did the whole business with the Faith Militant work? Were they specifically banned from being armed and Cersei repealed that or did Cersei give them special dispensation to be armed even though they're small folk?

Goes back to the Targaryens. They didn't like the way things were going so they decided to rebel, they were outlawed and targeted by other outlaws & bounty hunters (sponsored by the King) and were then pardoned by his successor in return for disarming and giving up the right to bear arms.

In the books the High Sparrow refused to bless Tommen as King and threatens to collect the Faith's considerable debt from the Crown, which is why Cersei thinks she's so clever for 'letting them protect their Septs in the countryside' by arming them again.

Faddy

Banned
I like the theory where Bran constantly warged Aerys II in the past and that's what made him go mad.

Maybe he was warging him when he screwed Joanna.

That initial introduction to sex of seeing Cersei get railed screwed him up for life. Blond hair and green eyes only.

JakeD

the couple times people have mentioned gendry's hammer not being big enough make me think of the Return Of The King extras where peter jackson kept asking for the witch kings flail to be bigger. but he's uhh...supernatural

most of the best fan art depicting robert vs. rhaegar has it as pretty realistically proportioned.

Fuzzy

Maybe he was warging him when he screwed Joanna.

That initial introduction to sex of seeing Cersei get railed screwed him up for life. Blond hair and green eyes only.
"Burn them all" was just Bran telling people to burn the wights while he was warging Aerys II.

ZOONAMI

the couple times people have mentioned gendry's hammer not being big enough make me think of the Return Of The King extras where peter jackson kept asking for the witch kings flail to be bigger. but he's uhh...supernatural

most of the best fan art depicting robert vs. rhaegar has it as pretty realistically proportioned.

Yeah I bet 100 neogaf gold that it's Robert's hammer.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
so did i completely miss it, or was an actual reason given for the need to convince cersei of white walkers? only thing i remember is dany saying something about cersei attacking if she leaves to go to the north or whatever, but dany has nothing in the south so i don't see how that matters.

of course tyrion thinking that reasoning with cersei is a good idea should be taken as evidence of some more subconscious treason.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gendry is gonna have some egg on his face when he has to amend his story from "our dads were best friends" to "my dad killed your dad."

Fuzzy

Wait, if Danny and Cersei are sisters that means that she can still fuck her way out of this situation. There's still a chance!!
I miss Cersei's lesbian scenes from the books. I miss Dany's lesbian scenes from the books. This show needed more lesbian scenes.

Nah it makes more sense for Tyrion to be a targ as it explains all the hate beyond him being a dwarf and the whole child birth death deal.
Wouldn't Tywin hate it even more if the two beautiful children weren't his and the only one that was his was a dwarf?

KahooTs

Tyrion is secret Targ. Father that raised him hates him and is an asshole. Tyrion ends up following in footsteps of Targ father, fire and blood villain.

Jon is secret Targ. Father who raised him loves him and is a hero. Jon will end up rejecting pedofire and blood father for save innocent children always at all costs father.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Well, we know who is getting each castle at the end.

Sam gets Highgarden
Gendry gets Storm End
Sansa gets Winterfall
Tyrion gets Castly Rock.
Bronn gets Dorne.

And Cersei becomes the Night Queen

jfkgoblue

Well, we know who is getting each castle at the end.

Sam gets Highgarden
Gendry gets Storm End
Sansa gets Winterfall
Tyrion gets Castly Rock.
Bronn gets Dorne.

And Cersei becomes the Night Queen

Edmure at Riverun

Robert in Vale I guess

Jon King of the seven kingdoms.

This is totally how the show is gonna end, the books are gonna be different though. Although I do think Edric Storm get legitimized and takes over Storms End, both his parents are highborn afterall.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
people saying tyrion being a targ would ruin his relationship with tywin has always been weird to me. the relationship does not change one bit, and it actually opens up some interesting possibilities. one is did tywin know or was he in denial like about the twincest?

Top Bottom