• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Sean C

Tyrion doesn't get over killing the man who raised him just like that if it turns out he's "adopted" instead of trueborn.
Tyrion hated Tywin, and doesn't want to be his son, ultimately. He'd find it liberating. Yeah, part of him would still be conflicted about it, but he'd no longer be under the kinslayer taboo, which weighs on his mind.

Moreover, Tyrion = Targaryen theories almost always use Tywin's attitude toward Tyrion as a hint for the "real" reason Tywin disliked him, which mangles their dynamic enormously.

Oh, I thought he meant if Gendry talked to Dany.

nah I don't think so. Gendry is your cornerstore blacksmith and Davos I guess is a tourist in one of the most dangerous places in Westeros.

Hell it kinda is like the Walking Dead, nowhere in Westeros is safe. Except maybe Winterfell.

Arrowhead.

image.php

duckroll

I don't see why people think that's weird. I mean, are we assuming that the lands of always Winter were always that way even before the Night King? Are you assuming that this totally unnatural climate that everyone talks about being fucking weird is something that doesn't have an origin?

Gigglepoo

If Rhaegar had survived and became the new king, they'd definitely have fought a war with the Martells.

Definitely. Kind of puts Oberyn's story in a different context, too. Ellia (and her de-legitimized kids) wouldn't have even been in danger if the annulment was common knowledge.

Plus, would Elaria have teamed up with Dany? So many ripples!

I don't see why people think that's weird. I mean, are we assuming that the lands of always Winter were always that way even before the Night King? Are you assuming that this totally unnatural climate that everyone talks about being fucking weird is something that doesn't have an origin?

Based on the books, no idea (but most likely). I don't think in the books we know much about the Others, or even if they have a 'leader".

Based on the Show, 100% yes.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm betting Cersei didn't know Tyrion was there. How would it make sense for her to let him get in and out without at least taking him hostage, let alone how badly she wants him dead?

Jaime told her he met with Tyrion and she decided to betray Jaime right then and there, because she realized he doesn't want Tyrion dead as bad as she does.

Burt

I'm betting Cersei didn't know Tyrion was there. How would it make sense for her to let him get in and out without at least taking him hostage, let alone how badly she wants him dead?

Jaime told her he met with Tyrion and she decided to betray Jaime right then and there, because she realized he doesn't want Tyrion dead as bad as she does.

Nahhh she knew, and I'm assuming it had something to do with what Qyburn was talking about with her when Jamie walked in and she was all evasive about. She knows they can't win with force, so she wants to stall for time so Qyburn can come up with some snake fuck poison dead man strategy to tilt things in their direction.

Granted, that she knew was a little much. But hey, "smuggle into King's Landing" means land on the beach in broad daylight and walk up some stairs the guards are probably too fat to bother with. I'm not picking nits at this point, what's there is there.

But I do hope she's not actually pregnant and was just teeing things up for the "I know you talked to Tyrion and don't ever betray me again" spiel.

jfkgoblue

Cersei isn't actually pregnant, for one the prophesy says that she would have 3 children... wait the show already fucked that up... nvm

Burt

Maybe they're just teeing things up to gutstab another pregnant woman to death.

Gotta get those social media reactions.

mantidor

Stillbirth/miscarriage.

Didn't she also have one baby with Robert that died very soon after birth?

thatsthejoke.gif

I wonder if there are any salvageable plotlines now, the Arya/Sansa/Littlefinger crap is abysmal, the wight plan is one of the most stupid things I've heard, and lol at Cersei/Jaime thinking they can hold the throne with an incestuous bastard spawn, but maybe the people of Kings Landing have become that stupid.

I reaaally hope whatever the whitewalkers twist ends up being is really good otherwise there is nothing saving this train wreck.

iamblades

He would have to be a really shitty blacksmith if he grinded that skill for years and still couldn't customize his own gear.

He is a really shitty blacksmith if that was his idea of a war hammer though.

It was comically oversized and not at all shaped correctly to bite into armor, more of a maul or a sledge than a war hammer.

This is what real war hammers looked like:

TCCV8CM.png

The whole point of a war hammer is to concentrate the impact on a small area to defeat armor. Also you have to be able to use it on a horse, so a giant 2 hand maul was out of the question.

Nesotenso

Man, what a bad episode...
So Jorah gets cured by Samwell and meets Jon, the best friend of the heir of house Tarley, and both don't talk about him. Makes sense.
The Hound is captured in Winterfell and no talk between him and Arya? Makes sense.
Jon arrives in Winterfell, knowing that Arya and Bran are back there. Hasn't seen them for *years*. No talk between the three? Makes sense.
People seat themselves in small boats to paddle hundreds of miles from Dragonstone? While Euron, the beast of the sea, who destroyed the fleet of Asha with ease? Oh wait, yes, he is in Casterly Rock - perhaps. He got time-freezed, just like Grey Worm until they get resumed by the directors.

Nobody went to Winterfell. They went to Eastwatch-by-the-sea.

So Jorah gets cured by Samwell and meets Jon, the best friend of the heir of house Tarley, and both don't talk about him. Makes sense.
The Hound is captured in Winterfell and no talk between him and Arya? Makes sense.
Jon arrives in Winterfell, knowing that Arya and Bran are back there. Hasn't seen them for *years*. No talk between the three? Makes sense.
People seat themselves in small boats to paddle hundreds of miles from Dragonstone? While Euron, the beast of the sea, who destroyed the fleet of Asha with ease? Oh wait, yes, he is in Casterly Rock - perhaps. He got time-freezed, just like Grey Worm until they get resumed by the directors.
Pay more attention....

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They went to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea, not Winterfell.

The others, yes.

d04f5211141759.560f262e63840.png

jfkgoblue

I don't think a single complaint you made here is based on things that actually happened.

I havent been able to find any confirmations, but Im looking into GoT filming locations. I saw a post earlier today on Reddit, and this waterfall looked just like the wall. Had me thinking that if we see it come down they would have a great reason to use one of Iceland's best waterfalls. Since they haven't taken full advantage of how many there are.

Waterfall name:https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/6tbxdo/dynjandi_waterfall_in_iceland/

thumb.php

This is the image in question.

Here's the reddit post that gave me the thought. https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/6tbxdo/dynjandi_waterfall_in_iceland/

Straight up looks like if the wall were to wash away. So unless it is breached, or blown up, I think I may have found where they might film the walls end.

This could also be used maybe at the end of the series when summer comes and the wall would melt away, since the wights would be gone.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Isn't hardhome on that little peninsula above Eastwatch? Man the army of the dead is fucking slow.
I assume they've been circling around the north gathering their troops because nothing else makes sense and it's not like they're in a rush.

mantidor

Isn't hardhome on that little peninsula above Eastwatch? Man the army of the dead is fucking slow.

I assume they've been circling around the north gathering their troops because nothing else makes sense and it's not like they're in a rush.

I just believe the theory that says the Wall magic is indeed very powerful so they are just going from side to side trying to find a weak point.

They went to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea, not Winterfell.

The others, yes.

d04f5211141759.560f262e63840.png

Dragonstone and Kings Landing aren't that far at all. Tyrion/Davos' teleportation between the two locations and then eventual upwards state with Jon to Eastwatch isn't that farfetched at all.

Neece

Aside from what everyone else said, they didn't use a rowboat to get to Eastwatch. They rowed to their ship, which then sailed to Eastwatch.

Top Bottom