• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

CloudWolf

That's what Littlefinger told Sansa. What matters is not whether he knew about Ramsay or not but whether it was beneficial to him that they get married.
But that's the point, it wasn't beneficial for him in any way. The only way it would be beneficial if he counted on being able to keep influencing Sansa, which means was telling Sansa the truth and he genuinely didn't know how Ramsay was. Because as soon as Sansa got married he lost all control and lost any influence or trust he had built up with Sansa prior to that, which he should've known would happen.

There's literally no way any of his actions surrounding that decision could've helped him in any way. Compare that to the books where he marries of a fake Arya to Ramsay with the plan to ruin Ramsey's claim to legitimacy once he walks in with real Sansa and uncovers Jeyne Poole as a fraud.

D&D decided to switch out Jeyne Poole for Sansa to not muddle up the story with more characters and fast-track Sansa to Winterfell, but by doing so that entire storyline stopped making sense.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
*exclusive* Leaked episode titles and staff for the final season! *exclusive*

Episode 68 - "Cleaganebowl" - Written by Dave Hill, Directed by Alex Graves
Episode 69 - "The Last Storm" - Written by Bryan Cogman, Directed by Alex Graves
Episode 70 - "The Long Night" - Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, Directed by Jack Bender
Episode 71 - "A Time for Wolves" - Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, Directed by Miguel Sapochnik
Episode 72 - "A Dream of Spring" - Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, Directed by Miguel Sapochnik
Episode 73 - "A Song of Ice and Fire" - Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, Directed by Miguel Sapochnik
I can't help but laugh every time I see the name Dave Hill.

I spoiled myself on a couple plot points about early season and I'm so glad I haven't heard anything about the latter half of the season and I don't want to know a thing. I'm not always the best about avoiding spoilers for shows but having been a fan of GoT for many many years now I want the best possible experience when watching and that's without a single spoiler. Glad we're vigilant in here

TankUP

No pregame discussion? Or are there leakz and we're staying quiet?

Can't speak for anyone else but I'm feeling zero hype. I can't imagine a scenario in my wildest dreams where I would give a shit about anything that happens tonight. Even hate watching isn't that fun anymore.

Can't speak for anyone else but I'm feeling zero hype. I can't imagine a scenario in my wildest dreams where I would give a shit about anything that happens tonight. Even hate watching isn't that fun anymore.
Yeah the entire premise of this episode is dumb as fuck and this season has been a letdown so I can't possibly imagine a scenario where this is good.

Edit: cool this thread was talking about leaks and one of the posts that may have been talking about it isn't deleted. See you guys on the other side

I honestly have no idea what to expect. I can't for the life of me figure out why dany would actually go to kings landing unless they have something up their sleeve. Tyrion should know that Cersei could care less about the WW and I think even confronted with a wight shed be blasé

So is it a tactic that they're using? I know they briefly spoke of just biding their time while they fought the WW then taking care of Cersei but the whole end game for this episode is really a mystery for me. I'm particularly curious how the hound and that bunch are going to factor in now that they survived the trip beyond the wall

Azzanadra

I am 90% sure Littlefinger will get iced tonight, and its going to be fucking stupid. Is that not fun(ny) enough?

I see what you mean though. Hate watching reached its peak in S5.

TTG

if there is a trap of some kind, i hope it's from dany and not cersei. would be more interesting that way.

Obviously Cersei will be laying a trap, I'm thinking Tyrion finally gets something right this season by anticipating it. Then the head chopping commences.

Burt

Theon's story this season has been get on a boat, get attacked, come back.

Bran's has been come to Winterfell, be a creep, send a raven.

Littlefinger's has been ?????? Shadow creep

Regardless of what happens tonight, they've somehow made seven episodes feel like four.

Gigglepoo

Yes? Who else should die? In 6 episodes we already have had Olena Tyrell, The sand snakes, Thoros, Viserion, and the Tarley's die. LittleFinger is the next one.

Arya or Tyrion would be nice. Dany (or Grey Worm or Missandei) should have killed Tyrion when he partnered with slavers. Still don't understand why Dany not only was cool with that but then made him her Hand.

So much for "Breaker of chains"

Littlefinger hasn't been important since season 4.

Ask Sansa how important Littlefinger was in season 5.

TTG

Is Littlefinger really going to be the most important character to die this season?

The worst timeline if this is true. Major characters have been dodging death all season while random Tarlys and extras have been eating it, that's not how the game is played.

The sooner LF dies the better, everything surrounding him has been awful for a while and he's directly related to the second worst storyline of the season.

Hyun Sai

The sooner LF dies the better, everything surrounding him has been awful for a while and he's directly related to the second worst storyline of the season.

The moment Sansa + Ramsay happened, it was obvious the showrunners understood nothing about the character, same as they understood nothing about Stannis. So they better kill him, he is useless and a shelf of what he is in the books.

TTG

Killing Carcetti now would be such a shitty ending for one of the most powerful forces on the show. A season of smirking in the back of Winterfell's dining hall alternating with getting shat on by the surviving Starks, an episode of weak scheming... then death.

Killing Carcetti now would be such a shitty ending for one of the most powerful forces on the show. A season of smirking in the back of Winterfell's dining hall alternating with getting shat on by the surviving Starks, an episode of weak scheming... then death.

As much as I think his time is up this season, mostly because I can't see how they'd drag it on into next season, I'm still hoping they're going to pull some last minute twist where maybe the Wall comes down and he escapes in the all the activity & panic.

you don't even have to compare show LF to book LF to conclude he's a shitty character. The idea that someone so obviously shady managed to convince anyone ever that he's trustworthy is laughable on its face. He's never not whispering or being conspiratorial! That makes you really suspicious!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
*exclusive* Leaked episode titles and staff for the final season! *exclusive*

Episode 68 - "Cleaganebowl" - Written by Dave Hill, Directed by Alex Graves
Episode 69 - "The Last Storm" - Written by Bryan Cogman, Directed by Alex Graves
Episode 70 - "The Long Night" - Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, Directed by Jack Bender
Episode 71 - "A Time for Wolves" - Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, Directed by Miguel Sapochnik
Episode 72 - "A Dream of Spring" - Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, Directed by Miguel Sapochnik
Episode 73 - "A Song of Ice and Fire" - Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, Directed by Miguel Sapochnik

Is there any chance that the series finale isn't titled "A Song Of Ice And Fire"?

I really hope cleganebowl lives up to the years of hype. I don't know how it will start but I'm sure it'll come about this episode.

I need it to be as brutal as Hound vs Brienne.

Burt

Yo what the hell with Longclaw's eye actually opening when Jon gets out of the water.

I was sure that was a cheap photoshop job but that hilt eye definitely opens when he gets out.

Top Bottom