• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Almost posted about this in the no book spoilers thread by accident. They're talking about Bran's wedding dress comment and the creepiness. I was going to say that it works better for the book version of the treenet where he sees through the weirwood tree eyes. She got married in the godswood so of course he would have seen that but not be assumed to also know what happened after.

Though the whole topic just makes me think how awful it was that they had Sansa marry Ramsey in the first place. It made zero sense for her or Littlefinger's character. And even if Ramsey's violence as well as forcing Theon to watch couldn't be anticipated she knew what to expect on her wedding night. They turned her into a victim again but then expect us to believe that this is the same woman that Robett Glover wants in charge.

CloudWolf

Almost posted about this in the no book spoilers thread by accident. They're talking about Bran's wedding dress comment and the creepiness. I was going to say that it works better for the book version of the treenet where he sees through the weirwood tree eyes. She got married in the godswood so of course he would have seen that but not be assumed to also know what happened after.

Though the whole topic just makes me think how awful it was that they had Sansa marry Ramsey in the first place. It made zero sense for her or Littlefinger's character. And even if Ramsey's violence as well as forcing Theon to watch couldn't be anticipated she knew what to expect on her wedding night. They turned her into a victim again but then expect us to believe that this is the same woman that Robett Glover wants in charge.
Yeah, the Sansa-Ramsay wedding is one of the most nonsensical changes the show made to the books. And then they doubled down on it by having Littlefinger state in season 6 how he didn't know about how bad Ramsay was. Oh come the fuck on, Littlefinger knows everything about everyone, but somehow Ramsay being a sadist was unknown to him?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
But if they have 26m viewers at $10 per month over 2 months.

That's 520m, for a show as special as this they should allow for a larger budget as it certainly earns them the dough.
They have more than Game of Thrones to give money to, lots more shows, and other financial obligations.

True, it's still a lot of pie though, throwing in just another 100m could go a long way.
How? One thing Game of Thrones is praised for is its spectacle.
Don't get me wrong, I love the show. But a lot of parts have either been cut or cut short due to budget constraints, season 2 for example could have easily been made into 2 seasons or better yet just longer seasons.
A lot of parts were cut, because they didn't matter overall to the story. How in the world would you have made Season 2 into two seasons? Clash of Kings is barely longer than the original Game of Thrones book. If you were going to argue about seasons that should have been longer, you could argue Season 5, that way they don't screw up a bunch of plots and still can include Faegon.

Sansa marrying Ramsay made sense up until the season finale. Littlefinger did not know much about Ramsay, so he didn't know she would be in danger. Now you can argue that Littlefinger should have known, but that's just semantics. Littlefinger was supposed to show up at the end of Season 5, (as he tells Cersei), but disappears from the plot, because they had Jon takes Stannis's plot in Season 6. The original "marry Sansa to Ramsay and play both sides" plot was fine. It was the second half of the season where Littlefinger doesn't show up to defeat Stannis (and then the Boltons), does the plot begin to suck. And how the hell should she have known what to expect on her wedding night? She thought there was no one worse than Joffrey. Also although she was made a victim to Ramsay, she didnt loose hope and kept fighting to free herself. That's not a bad storyline.
It's looking like S8 will probably air Fall 2018, but it could be as late as early 2019. They haven't announced anything official yet.
Why did they have Season 7 so late this year?

Turin

Banned
It's probably too late for GRRM to participate in S8. Filming starts in October.

Waiting for dat all-Sapochnik season announcement

giphy.gif

Season finale tonight:No summary was provided by HBO. The official runtime is listed at just under 80 minutes. Enjoy the finale.

I like that title.

I like that length.

I'm not expecting much action but I'm expecting a lot of big revelations/plot movement on the Jon's parentage front, the Sansa/Arya/LF front, the Cersei's downfall front, the living vs the dead, etc...

Basically setting all the big narrative threads into motion that will propel the final episodes next year.

Massa

Yeah, the Sansa-Ramsay wedding is one of the most nonsensical changes the show made to the books. And then they doubled down on it by having Littlefinger state in season 6 how he didn't know about how bad Ramsay was. Oh come the fuck on, Littlefinger knows everything about everyone, but somehow Ramsay being a sadist was unknown to him?

That's what Littlefinger told Sansa. What matters is not whether he knew about Ramsay or not but whether it was beneficial to him that they get married.

Just as a reminder, for some reason the writers gave the Hound's monologue to Littlefinger and in the show he knows the intimate details of how Sandor got his burns. The Cleganes are a very minor house, it's not something the Hound would share with just anyone and yet LF knows it. But somehow he doesn't know anything about Ramsey. He thinks marrying Sansa off and leaving her with the family who betrayed and killed her family was a good plan.

That's what Littlefinger told Sansa. What matters is not whether he knew about Ramsay or not but whether it was beneficial to him that they get married.
And was it? It seems to have permanently damaged Sansa's trust in him. If Sansa hadn't escaped. If Jon hadn't been able to leave the Watch and gather the wildlings and Northmen to retake Winterfell where was his plan supposed to lead?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Rixxan

Season 8 title along with: A Dream of Spring along with A Time for Wolves.

I would agree that all three of these will be used next season

As an aside - I would say the song 'Truth' from the Season 7 OST - is about as close as we'll get to an actual "song" of ice and fire

It's beautiful, and fits this series so well - I expect to hear it in the episode tonight

duckroll

*exclusive* Leaked episode titles and staff for the final season! *exclusive*

Episode 68 - "Cleaganebowl" - Written by Dave Hill, Directed by Alex Graves
Episode 69 - "The Last Storm" - Written by Bryan Cogman, Directed by Alex Graves
Episode 70 - "The Long Night" - Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, Directed by Jack Bender
Episode 71 - "A Time for Wolves" - Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, Directed by Miguel Sapochnik
Episode 72 - "A Dream of Spring" - Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, Directed by Miguel Sapochnik
Episode 73 - "A Song of Ice and Fire" - Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, Directed by Miguel Sapochnik

Forward

:(

Episode 68 - "Cleaganebowl" - Written by Dave Hill, Directed by Alex Graves
Episode 69 - "The Last Storm" - Written by Bryan Cogman, Directed by Alex Graves
Episode 70 - "The Long Night" - Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, Directed by Jack Bender
Episode 71 - "A Time for Wolves" - Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, Directed by Miguel Sapochnik
Episode 72 - "A Dream of Spring" - Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, Directed by Miguel Sapochnik
Episode 73 - "A Song of Ice and Fire" - Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss, Directed by Miguel Sapochnik

Six episodes?

Cleaganebowl isn't going to go the way everyone wants it to, methinks.

jett

D-Member

I feel like those titles are on the money, lol. I'll actually be surprised if D&D doesn't use them.

Top Bottom