• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Cersei ain't having that kid, either she's lying or she'll be dead before giving birth. Even the show got the maggy the frog prophecy about her having three kids and the king having twenty.

Cersei's baby will die in the womb, and be resurrected by a white walker to kill her from the inside, popping out like a chestburster in Alien.

orochi91

What's the significance of Jon's Targaryen heritage?

He stated himself that he never even wanted to be King in the North, so I can't imagine he'd suddenly want to claim the Iron Throne; he wouldn't ever get in Dany's way.

It all seems rather pointless, and I kinda hope Sam & Bran keep that info to themselves next season because that revelation would probably bring about unintended consequences.

He stated himself that he never even wanted to be King in the North, so I can't imagine he'd suddenly want to claim the Iron Throne; he wouldn't ever get in Dany's way.

It all seems rather pointless, and I kinda hope Sam & Bran keep that info to themselves next season because that revelation would probably bring about unintended consequences.

Dany thinks she's the rightfull heir, so she'll either submit to Jon on there'll be some tension from her.

Bigger question is why the fuck would Bran care about Jon's heritage and who sits on the iron throne, Jon or Dany.

And EVEN bigger question is why did he care back when he thought he was a Targaryen bastard before Sam even told him more info.

ramparter

Banned
I loved the finale.

Especially the first half, where people with connections from the past were giving each other dirty looks and occasionally exchanging actual conversation every now and then.

I've been watching since S1 but have never re-watched (or re-read, given the thread) but this episode sort of made me want to go back once we have a date for next season.
I was a bit disappointed from the first half because in the end Cersei didn't seize the opportunity to kill everyone. In the end her actual plan makes a lot sense so I'm ok. Still can't forgive how everything was forced just for the shake of progress in eps 5, 6.

Would be amusing if Cersei is the last boss. And it seems like it

You know that's one of things I like and hadn't forseen. I thought it would be "deal with Lannisters first, then the dead" but both enemies are at the peak of their power right now.

Moff

I always said R+L=J was useless.
Now maybe there will be some tension between Dany and Jon and he can ride a dragon. But they will have to kill cersei either way. Aegon Targaryen or not. I don't see the big deal.

Leaked concept art of Cersei next season:

sAPAU8C.jpg

loool

Can't wait for Cersie and the Night King to get married

:3

Boatsex lived up to the hype

So what was Tyrion doing? Was he jealous, contemplating the future, or just trying to watch these two ultra-hot people do it?

Shahadan

I liked that the Arya/Sansa scene where they talk about their father as a nice throwback to Jon/Sansa from last season, wall dividing them and all, but couldn't help but feel it was filmed wrong, lol

Marz

The wall coming down felt so anti climactic for something that is supposed to be one of the biggest moments of the show. Would have had the night king stare at the wall for at least 8-12 seconds building up suspense or at least something I can't even remember the visuals in my head that's how forgettable it was.

One thing that was weird in that last scene was the editing. Really short clips of the NK and Dragon cut in, that kinda felt like they ended up with a couple gaff CG shots that they didn't want to waste.

I'll make a prediction, Jon Aegon Snow Albus Severus Targaryen will pull a Pirates of the Caribean and become the new Night's King and then he will pull back the dead north of the wall. Daenerys will die and Dany/Jon's son will be raised by Tyrion as the new Kig of the Seven Kingdoms

This is pretty much what my prediction is for the most part. Jon is such a selfless character it would be no surpise for him to sacrifice himself in that manner. I bet cersei/jaimie's and dany/jon's kid will grow up to marry each other finally ending the long strife in the kingdom.

I've got the behind the scenes bit running in the background. The showrunners are talking about how tense and believable the tension between Arya and Sansa is and how you can believe they might turn on each other. And then they talk about how the dragon is finally something that can be used to bring down the wall, like the Horn of Winter isn't a thing.

LMAO these two are hilarious. They should do a sitcom instead of that confederacy show.

It ensures we'll still have another year of "who is the rightful heir" posts that completely ignore that a) it is irrelevant and b) the name of the show should tell them this.

There was some talk of people not liking the idea that Rhaegar had two sons named Aegon, but theres this quote from the books:

Rhaegar: Aegon. What better name for a king?
Elia: Will you make a song for him?
Rhaegar: He has a song. He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire. There must be one more. The dragon has three heads.[6]

Basically, Rhaegar was probably ok with doubling his chances and naming both sons Aegon.

Neece

I don't see any way that Tyrion is jealous of Jon, romantically at least. It read to me that he is just concerned about her losing sight of the prize. Perhaps I can see him being upset at being replaced as an advisor, but I don't see romantic jealousy in any of their scenes. And with six episodes left, I cannot see that being a direction they would go, even with their rushing to the finish line pace.

TTG

Better than the actual finale.

The writing really failed Baelish as a character.
What an incredible character to begin with.

Awful. I can't quite make sense of his master plan for this season either. Wait for Jon to fuck off, manipulate Sansa into executing her sister, then say "look at this shit?!" to banners at large and appoint himself new king of the north? What?

Javaman

EGG. EGG, I DREAMED I WAS OLD.

MIND BLOWN!

Couple of things to note. Cercie's queensguard sucks at protection her. See how close the whight got?

Nice payoff for littlefinger, but all the fake drama beforehand was unnecessary. This private conversation between Arya and Sansa were so stupid.

Pillar and stones removed. CONFIRMED

I will say that while I think they botched Littlefinger story at least they did one thing kinda right. I was certain Arya would do some lame assassination thingy to kill him but rather it was a much more fitting and interesting how he is taken out of his element and exposed in front of dozens of people, including people like Royce who have much more interesting connection to him than fuckin Arya.

But honestly I don't like Bran being some 'I see everything' exposition machine for the dagger that didn't really mean that much at all. It would have been enough for Sansa to get angry at LF trying to turn the sisters against each other and the fact that Sansa knew about Lysa.

Neece

Better than the actual finale.

Awful. I can't quite make sense of his master plan for this season either. Wait for Jon to fuck off, manipulate Sansa into executing her sister, then say "look at this shit?!" to banners at large and appoint himself new king of the north? What?

Not that I think it's good but I think this was basically his line of thought.

"Sansa hates me for selling her to the Boltons. How can I get her back to trusting and needing me again like she did in season 4?"

"Well I'll fan the flames of distrust between her siblings and whisper to her ego and convince her that what she really wants is power and to rule the north."

"Then when she sees that she can't trust her bastard brother and murderous sister, all she'll have is me as her confidant and she'll trust and need me again."

And then after she is queen with her family removed, he could look for another round of chaos to gain more power in the south.

Basic gist of what I think they were going for, obviously the execution was really clumsy and stupid.

I don't see any way that Tyrion is jealous of Jon, romantically at least. It read to me that he is just concerned about her losing sight of the prize. Perhaps I can see him being upset at being replaced as an advisor, but I don't see romantic jealousy in any of their scenes. And with six episodes left, I cannot see that being a direction they would go, even with their rushing to the finish line pace.

Same I couldn't see jealousy in it either.

I think he is just mulling the repercussions.

Jon and Dany will team up.

They will lose a dragon to the Night King.

There will be a remaining player in Westeros that remains a threat to them.

Sansa will turn on Littlefinger.

Doesn't sound entirely different to me.

All if that was entirely predictable before book five even came out.

Nodnol

One of the best episodes this season.

Slower, more character interaction and thoroughly enjoyable. Bringing down the wall was a bit anticlimactic but overall I really enjoyed it.

I just hope they don't rush the next season, pace wise.

Branduil

Not that I think it's good but I think this was basically his line of thought.

"Sansa hates me for selling her to the Boltons. How can I get her back to trusting and needing me again like she did in season 4?"

"Well I'll fan the flames of distrust between her siblings and whisper to her ego and convince her that what she really wants is power and to rule the north."

"Then when she sees that she can't trust her bastard brother and murderous sister, all she'll have is me as her confidant and she'll trust and need me again."

And then after she is queen with her family removed, he could look for another round of chaos to gain more power in the south.

Basic gist of what I think they were going for, obviously the execution was really clumsy and stupid.

Everything goes back to the awful and nonsensical decision to sell Sansa to the Boltons.

AngryMoth

I enjoyed the finale. The way Theon won the fight was super dumb but apart from that the writing was night and day compared with the previous episode.

I enjoyed the finale. The way Theon won the fight was super dumb but apart from that the writing was night and day compared with the previous episode.

I feel the way Theon won the fight is like something GRRM would write

Like how Tyrion managed to win the fight with that guy on the horse because he was short

Still baffled, despite D&D constantly saying otherwise, people expect the show ending to be the same as the book (should we ever read it) ending.

Still baffled, despite D&D constantly saying otherwise, people expect the show ending to be the same as the book (should we ever read it) ending.

at this point GRRM might as well crib the shows plot since he's obviously never going to finish it. And he can reissue the other novels in the series and cut all the unnecessary characters, like lady stoneheart

TTG

Everything goes back to the awful and nonsensical decision to sell Sansa to the Boltons.

Yes, but it's hard to imagine him being written any more poorly this entire season. This dude was behind some of the most pivotal drama at King's Landing and he just sat there smirking in the back and failing to ingratiate himself to Starks before having a half baked intrigue backfire, lethally. Someone with an actual name had to die in the finale, looking back it seems like he was being fattened up for the slaughter the whole way. One of the few remaining characters with any depth at all, it's a waste to have him bungled like this.

Branduil

The endgame in the books is so different there's not much to borrow. Cersei is basically already neutered with no Jaime, Varys is in King's Landing doing his own shit, Dorne is completely different and involved in the Aegon subplot, etc.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
The endgame in the books is so different there's not much to borrow. Cersei is basically already neutered with no Jaime, Varys is in King's Landing doing his own shit, Dorne is completely different and involved in the Aegon subplot, etc.

Plus the Blackfyre plot and Stannis. (I can't read apparently) There is also everything to do with Stoneheart, whatever happens with the Tyrells.

Fisico

Well good for Sansa that D&D honoured Shu Takumi's writing by using the jury system because they sure didn't have a single proof there.

Littlefinger broke down like the joke antagonist you have in an opening case.

Top Bottom