• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

I've said this before, but the only reason I think this entire plot line lasted beyond Bran's arrival in Winterfell is so they could give Arya and Sansa screentime.

Now that the Night King has breached the wall they'll be easy to wrap into the main storyline due to their location, but during the season they were two popular characters that really had no relevance to the main happenings of the story. Something had to be invented for them.
I had the same thought, they really didn't have to invent that though :/ could have just killed LF and then had some conversations here and there

The theon scenes were really bad. They just don't know what to do with their actors anymore.

Littlefingers end was kinda ok, at least he got called out for his past scheming that put the realm into chaos, I expect the books to be completely different, though

Theon's whole arc next season will be= rescue his sister from their uncle, take over the greyjoys, and sail to help the battle against the WW. Then he returns and is her second in command.

Seems like it'll be a good enough arc for him if you really want to think about tying up loose ends for a character they no longer have much of a use for.

ytLQdhW.gif

but the truest victory, my son, is stirring the hearts of your people

wait holy fuck this is the same cut from the lich king intro

dragon flying over and the camera panning over to the left

except without the wights eyes turning blue and them screaming

TTG

Jon and Dany will team up.

They will lose a dragon to the Night King.

There will be a remaining player in Westeros that remains a threat to them.

Sansa will turn on Littlefinger.

Doesn't sound entirely different to me.

None of this is inherently bad, except that we'll all expect it. It's a huge exception of course, that's by far how I enjoyed the books most, wondering what will happen next.

My problems with this season are:

1. It was very safe. Most scenes were downright inevitable. A kill count of major characters is not the best barometer, but only characters the show no longer had room for died. When GoT(and maybe the books) lose volatility and the ability to keep the viewer off balance it's taking away its greatest strength. Sam was probably the most surprising, fun person on the show this season.

2. Both story lines driving the show past the loot train were fundamentally dumb.

Anyway, the discussion is largely moot. The books are far behind the show, who knows if another one will ever be published etc.

The theon scenes were really bad. They just don't know what to do with their actors anymore.

Littlefingers end was kinda ok, at least he got called out for his past scheming that put the realm into chaos, I expect the books to be completely different, though

About Theon, I don't know how they could have some fights so well choreographed(Arya vs Brienne) and then have this shit. What actually happened, the other Ironborn dude tire himself out kicking Theon in the groin or did those kicks unlock a hidden power level within Theon? Melodramatic junk(lol).

When they were listing LIttle Finger's crimes I was like all that huh? Way to go Bran/Sansa, remind me all of the shit I forgot about from earlier seasons.

Nafai1123

Banned
My GF made a good point. The Golden Company was formed by the rebellious troops fighting for a Targaryan bastard. Will they actually fight against (two) Targaryans?

Lautaro

I'm not really sure what you're asking.

Was it known Jon's real name is Aegon? No.
Was Rhaegar's first son Aegon mentioned by name in the show before? Yes.
Was Aegon Targaryen of 'Dunk and Egg' fame mentioned before this in the show? Yes.

Did they? I remember Joffrey mentioning Ser Duncan The Tall but no mention of Egg.

Thay have mentioned Aegon the Conqueror a lot though.

carlsojo

Unsurprisingly Tyrion isn't as smart as he always thought he was. He's in the great game now and he gets played right and left. Maybe go back to designing sewer systems for castles, bro.

I hope HBO takes better care of next season. Not only from the quality point of view, but they also need to prevent leaks. It's terrible how this season leaked months before the premiere. Scripts and even entire episodes.

Get it together, HBO.

If nothing else this episode raises interesting questions about the Night King and why he chose this specific winter to attack Westeros, he needed the dragon to break the wall- does that mean he knew a dragon would come, saw it in some vision or what?
Some people theorized he was also a greenseer, and considering he was created by the Children, I'd say that's quite possible.

I hope HBO takes better care of next season. Not only from the quality point of view, but they also need to prevent leaks. It's terrible how this season leaked months before the premiere. Scripts and even entire episodes.

Get it together, HBO.

Some people theorized he was also a greenseer, and considering he was created by the Children, I'd say that's quite possible.

next season their concern will largely be spectacular battles, which they have a guy to bring for that. I think writing will be secondary because the plot largely depends on the battles now.

So, I get that Rhaegar was obsessed with that prophecy, but I don't understand why that would explain him naming two sons Aegon. Did the prophecy say that The Prince Who Was Promised is named Aegon?

So, I get that Rhaegar was obsessed with that prophecy, but I don't understand why that would explain him naming two sons Aegon. Did the prophecy say that The Prince Who Was Promised is named Aegon?

Legit I think they forgot he had another son named Aegon when they came up with that. That's the only possible reason.

Rhaegar was kind of dumb all-around, him naming his children identical names isn't that implausible.

dabig2

Legit I think they forgot he had another son named Aegon when they came up with that. That's the only possible reason.

Could be that Lyanna knew about the deaths of the other kids and assumed Rhaegar would want his next son to be Aegon and then just named him herself. At least I hope so.

does anyone here think it won't end with jon and dany being on the iron throne at the end
I seriously hope GRRM doesn't let them go the fanfic route. It's been too long since we've had a major character die, and this season was 100% fun shit (aside from the dead dragon).
I was hoping Rhaegar to be the beautiful prince that was promised wearing his Targaryen armour. Instead we got a guy in a cheap costume

Yeah wtf. I wanted to fall in love with Rhaegar, but all we got was Viserys 2.0

I seriously hope GRRM doesn't let them go the fanfic route. It's been too long since we've had a major character die, and this season was 100% fun shit (aside from the dead dragon).

Yeah wtf. I wanted to fall in love with Rhaegar, but all we got was Viserys 2.0
it's a song of ice and fire

the ending was clear a season ago, now- getting to that route with some bs plot armor is silly

watershed

Banned
Hopefully this means Jamie will become a good character again instead of the mopey sack of shit he was this season. He used to be one of the funnest characters.

At least they could have re-use this armour for Rhaegar, only a bit more clean and shiny with a nice red cloak.

The Targ sigil makes it look bad ass
Why would he be wearing armor during a secret wedding?

Also wonder if next season Cersei's hair is finally gonna grow back a noticeable amount.

Also it kinda weirds me out that Arya and Jon have the same hairstyle lol

jfkgoblue

At least they could have re-use this armour for Rhaegar, only a bit more clean and shiny with a nice red cloak.

The Targ sigil makes it look bad ass
That's the Kingsguard armor though. Actually, I have no idea what their armies armor would look like or if they even had one. The crown is mentioned to never actually having an army.

GreyWind

Why would he be wearing armor during a secret wedding?

Also wonder if next season Cersei's hair is finally gonna grow back a noticeable amount.

Also it kinda weirds me out that Arya and Jon have the same hairstyle lol

Wasn't he going to war after the wedding? idk make it look badass knight/prince

Top Bottom