• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Faddy

Banned
Was there a flag of truce? He warned Renly he had until sundown to surrender, Renly didn't.

People act as if Stannis (books) was a remorseless wanker. RENLY'S PEACH PEOPLE, HIS PEACH.

There was a truce until sun up. Stannis said he had until Dawn to strike his banners, and Stannis would give him Storm's End, a seat on his Small Council and name him heir to the throne. Instead he killed his brother with blood magic in the night.

Gigglepoo

I like that the show kept true to the books with Balon being the scrub bitch king who died like a chump.

Being murdered by a faceless man/Euron is going out like a chump? Joffrey was (apparently) killed by an old woman. Robb was murdered by some normal dude who wasn't even a vampire. Jon was killed by a lousy orphan!

How many of y'all will ragequit if Jon bend the knee?

Kneeling would be the smartest decision he's ever made on the show.

Showaddy

Does he even know it's missing?

It'd be pretty hard to miss a huge great sword missing from the dining hall. I mean I know it's a pretty minor thing in the context of the show but everything Lord Tarly did to Sam including his banishment to the Wall was because he wanted a great warrior for a son who would continue the family tradition, keep the house as a strong martial household and wield the blade.

It just seems crazy that he would give 0 fucks about losing it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
If he's going to war it stands to reason he'd bring THE symbol of his House with him.

It'd be pretty hard to miss a huge great sword missing from the dining hall. I mean I know it's a pretty minor thing in the context of the show but everything Lord Tarly did to Sam including his banishment to the Wall was because he wanted a great warrior for a son who would continue the family tradition, keep the house as a strong martial household and wield the blade.

It just seems crazy that he would give 0 fucks about losing it.

I guess what I'm getting at is, has the sword even been mentioned since he stole it? Did I miss a scene where Randal learned it was missing, or it even being mentioned by him (or Sam) this season?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Neither of those things have happened, no. It may have been in the background in Sam's scene with Gilly in the season premiere; not sure.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Maybe he's happy Sam took it. A show of masculinity, he might think it means Sam intends to use it.

I doubt it, not with his son.

And that reminds me. Did we see Sam's brother last season, or was last week the first glimpse we had of him? He's a hell of a lot older than he is in the books (he was a baby/toddler when his Dad forced Sam to the wall, wasn't he)?.

Slater

Banned
The extremly prideful man just isn't going to mention to anyone that his fat son stole his best shit and ran off.

Kinda embarrassing thing to admit

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
DGBqMZ0U0AA7K95.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
They will never make hear evil. She'll do the ol accepting to help thing when she sees she must.

Top Bottom