• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Brakke

Banned
Book-Stannis went to the wall but he dispatched Book-Davos on the Rickon Stark mission. Book-Stannis is currently on the "march" to Winterfell where he died on the show. Circumstances are somewhat different so he might not get routed in the book.

They didn't go to castle black?

Stannis does, but Davos does not. IIRC he sails with Stannis to Eastwatch by the Sea, using Salladhor Saan's fleet and then once Stannis leaves for Castle Black Davos sails down to White Harbour to convince House Manderly to support Stannis. There he's given the task to return Rickon Stark (who is believed to be living with the Wildlings on Skagos Island, with the cannibals, unicorns and most notably dragonglass weapons) to Winterfell in return for House Manderly supporting Stannis.

Real Hero

Stan-fans are lunatics. Good guys don't unleash demon shadow babies to murder their brothers.

They do if it needs to be done for the greater good, Stannis is so good he's willing to sacrifice how own morals in order for the realm to benefit from his leadership, a true hero

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Stan-fans are lunatics. Good guys don't unleash demon shadow babies to murder their brothers.

if stannis is disqualified for a bit of fratricide he feels bad for and probably didn't really want, then only people who count as "good guys" are maybe one or two stark kids. jon is probably the only one.

Speevy

Banned
I thought the idea was that Ned Stark was so beholden to the law that he would have put an asshole following the wishes of a 400 year old sorceress on the iron throne.

It was always apparent to me from the moment they first showed Stannis on the screen that his connection to this woman would be his ultimate downfall as a character.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
They do if it needs to be done for the greater good, Stannis is so good he's willing to sacrifice how own morals in order for the realm to benefit from his leadership, a true hero

"Nobody is a villain in their own story. We're all the heroes of our own stories."

Moff

people love a story of an unlikable dude turning likeable
GRRM did it with jaime and he did it with stannis. stannis became cool the moment he decided he had to save the realm to earn the throne and rode for the wall. then he burned his daughter.

ZOONAMI

I'd send a shadow baby to kill Renly too if he went over my head to claim the throne that belonged to me. Sorryyy

Well, without verifiable evidence of lannister kids being lannister kids, both Stannis and renly have 0 claim to the throne. Yeah I'd be pissed at renly but I don't think I'd kill him.

Gigglepoo

Which show character do you most want to die this season? My pick is Tyrion. He has made exclusively bad decisions for the past three seasons but is still presented as a mastermind, he hasn't been funny or clever in just as long, and he doesn't have a forward thrust with his own arc. He's a dead-end character in need of an offing.

Moff

I watched a few clips from past seasons that popped up in my youtube feed lately, and it's incredible how good Dinklage was as Tyrion when he had interesting material to deal with.
He has been a bore since season 5, I agree it would be good to kill him off.

Ros8105

Which show character do you most want to die this season?
Arya. She's ridiculously OP in the show. I haven't liked any of her scenes for a few seasons now, and the actress seems to be getting worse at acting. The Frey scenes were awful imo.

And Littlefinger. I think the writers don't know what to do with him, so he's just there doing nothing.

Gigglepoo

Arya. She's ridiculously OP in the show. I haven't liked any of her scenes for a few seasons now, and the actress seems to be getting worse at acting. The Frey scenes were awful imo.

Yup! Both Tyrion and Arya went my two of my favorite characters to my least favorite the last few seasons. Bravos was a disaster.

Mr.Pig

aFhWSah.gif

Shahadan

But Tyrion will have something to do soon since he'll be blamed for Euron killing the bad pussies and taking Yara

Unless they dismiss it quickly like they often do in this show

Brakke

Banned
Stannis wasn't even standing for the greater good anyway. Dude didn't even have an heir! And he wasn't ever going to have one. What's the play? Win a war, sit a throne, *maybe* set your rockface daughter up to inherit, she dies with no kids obviously, finally Renly or his son get the throne what twenty years later than if you'd stepped aside in the first place?

Fucken ally with Renly, give him the throne and take the role of Hand.

Faddy

Banned

Under a flag of truce as well.

At least on the show he is less of a coward. Didn't run to Dragonstone with his tail between his legs rather than confront Robert and lead his men on the front lines at the Battle of Blackwater.

Moff

they did the same with Osha basically.
we will probably see more scenes like that, not necessarily character from three seasons ago but they will be just there to say hi and die

Under a flag of truce as well.

At least on the show he is less of a coward. Didn't run to Dragonstone with his tail between his legs rather than confront Robert and lead his men on the front lines at the Battle of Blackwater.

Was there a flag of truce? He warned Renly he had until sundown to surrender, Renly didn't.

People act as if Stannis (books) was a remorseless wanker. RENLY'S PEACH PEOPLE, HIS PEACH.

Speevy

Banned
they did the same with Osha basically.
we will probably see more scenes like that, not necessarily character from three seasons ago but they will be just there to say hi and die

She had one job, to protect Rickon Stark to the death.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Oh man. Two hours until a new episode. Then eight hours until I start a new full time job. I am so not getting more than like four hours of sleep on Sunday nights. I always wind up awake super-late after new Thrones. Guess I'll come here afterward, chat a bit, play some Dragon Age, wish it were Westeros, maybe rewatch the episode.

Oh man. Two hours until a new episode. Then eight hours until I start a new full time job. I am so not getting more than like four hours of sleep on Sunday nights. I always wind up awake super-late after new Thrones. Guess I'll come here afterward, chat a bit, play some Dragon Age, wish it were Westeros, maybe rewatch the episode.

play mount & blade (with mods)

jett

D-Member
ah, that makes sense...i wonder why show Stannis never thought to do that???

They didn't go to castle black?

is he the same "good guy" in the books as he is apparently in the show?

Yeah he's the same ol good guy. One of the best cast characters in the show.

Forkball

Maybe if Renly teamed up with Stannis, the man with the better claim, the combined Baratheon/Tyrell forces could have easily taken King's Landing. Stannis would be king, and Renly would have a high position. He would probably even be the heir to the throne since Stannis wouldn't be having sons anytime soon.

But no, he just had to have those peaches.

Zolo

Maybe if Renly teamed up with Stannis, the man with the better claim, the combined Baratheon/Tyrell forces could have easily taken King's Landing. Stannis would be king, and Renly would have a high position. He would probably even be the heir to the throne since Stannis wouldn't be having sons anytime soon.

But no, he just had to have those peaches.

The Tyrells only joined Renly because Margaery could marry him. Without that, they'd likely end up going the same route of joining the Lannisters.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Judging by HBO's own preview video

https://twitter.com/GameOfThrones/status/891675508357726208

Jaime's going to more or less do the same thing to Highgarden that he did to Riverrrun last season with the help of Randyll Tarly

I would have expected something like Tywin in Kings Landing. Tarly gets them to open the gate, then betrays them. But with the Lannister Army and banners there, that doesn't fit.

Stannis fan here.

All of this is valid criticism, I just wish the damn show gave him his "cart before the horse" dialog. That was so great, and showed how he was the only person vying for the throne that understood the true thread.

Top Bottom